• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I just watched the trailer again for the first time in a few months, and I crapped myself all over again.

Not because of Meta Knight. He's a ho-hum character. I expected him.
Not because of Zero Suit Samus. I figured they would add an armorless Samus eventually.
No, not because of Wario. As awesome as he is, I expected him.
And even my homeboy from my childhood, Pit, I'm not ravingly excited about. I knew he'd be in there if they made a third one. There was no way they'd diss him a third time.

No, what got me excited all over again was Snake. The very character whose games I used to shun back in the day for being too pop. The character who I thought was hackneyed and cliche. The one thing I would've HATED in SSB, a third party character. Nope. That's all changed. I am crouching in anticipation of seeing this guy in action. He's just... oozing awesome in that trailer. And just the way Mario and Link make the "huh?" faces when he pops out of the box? Awesome. :grin: It's weird, but the character I am most looking forward to now is, in fact, Solid Snake :p

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I'm suprised that Solid Snake is in Brawl because most of the Metal Gear games are'nt availible on the Nintendo conseles. So far I know there are only 2 nintendo games: on the NES (Metal Gear) and the Gamecube (Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes).
All of the other Metal Gear games appeared on the MSX and the Playstation 1 & 2.

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
mega man im going to keep sayin this cuase im tire of samus being the onle one to have charged cannons and he should have his power when he just takes a ability of your and uses it and should change collors when he does that

JPW

Smash Ace
i was quite shocked seeing Snake in there too.

Maybe if things go well for his character, and it gets a few sony fans buying a wii and playing this, then maybe Nintendo could trust Konami and asks for some MGS'. Or Konami could trust ninty and beg for more. After all Konami did beg Sakurai for Snake.

I bet for most people watching at E3 they probably thought after the Wario Waft that was it.
Then they get this little transmission and everyone's going "what the?".

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
i was quite shocked seeing Snake in there too.

Maybe if things go well for his character, and it gets a few sony fans buying a wii and playing this, then maybe Nintendo could trust Konami and asks for some MGS'. Or Konami could trust ninty and beg for more. After all Konami did beg Sakurai for Snake.

I bet for most people watching at E3 they probably thought after the Wario Waft that was it.
In the version of the trailer with the audience's reaciton, they do actually go "No way..." and "Oh noooo!" with the wavering to their voice like "This stuff is going down, and we know it's gonna be AWESOME"

It's a really cool watch. Lost the YouTube link, but the dudes go CRAZY when Snake pops out of the box. That and when Pit appears after first firing the arrow. It makes me smile :)

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
no dont really want to but i guess its just that some nintendo charecters just need a little more light thats all can anybody agree with that

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
That was me; once the AUX symbol popped up I said to myself "Self, What the hell is going on?"

Rueh

Smash Rookie
When i saw that i laughted xD.
It was very kool. You know, this game have not to be serious all the way.
Maybe with Wario will happen what happened to Jigg. At the beginning ppl said "what? Jigglipuff? come on."
At the end ppl is using this char, because its funny, powerfull, and stuff.
Also it could be a more powerful version of Wario, something like Giga Bowser, just to let bowser rest a while.

To be honest im going to play the new chars in this order.
Snake, ZS Samus, Wario, Meta Knight and Pit.

xD. Come on Wario you can do it.

DomLink

Smash Rookie
I cant wait to see how Meta-Kinght plays! He looks prty good in the trailer with his aillity in the air and his rapid slashes. It will be nice having 2 new charactors that can "fly" in the air rather that same old Kirby and Jiggly.

Dope_Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DeBoe4sho
i cant wait just do see every chars attacks, are the old chars still going to have the same moves as melee? cuz how weird would it be to see the old dogs do new trix :)

DomLink

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Peach can float...but Im talking about charactors that can jump more than twice...like i can see both Meta and Pit being able to do that/

Rueh

Smash Rookie
But, you know, if they have that abillity maybe sakurai will give them moves not so good.
Like Jigg, he can jump 6 times i think, but he lack of speed, and his UpB is better to dont have it.

And about the old chars moves, ummm dunno. From SSB to SSBM things changed a lot, also Smash attacks.
Maybe smashes could change a bit in old chars.

Talking about Pit, smash will change based in the weapon? Bow and Swords. In that case, Pit will be a very complicated char. Changing styles could be good, but for new players.

I wonder which would be B attacks for ZS Samus, no bombs, no missiles, no charged shot?

icymatt

Smash Lord
She has a stun gun and an energy whip, plus attributes that can vaguely be described as Ninja skills. Lots to work with there.

As for Pit...it really looks like he freely switches between swords and bow. So, he probably won't have his attacks change.

Rueh

Smash Rookie
Umm interesting.
If ZS Samus get ninja skill, wont she seem so much as Sheik?
Maybe her moves could me inspired in the only game that ive seen where the main weapon is a whip, Castlevania.
To be honest i though it was a beam sword xD.

DomLink

Smash Rookie
lolerskates 2 DarkKinghts... Please dont ignore Luigi, Link is teh pwn...that aside I cant wait to see how the new attacks for Link will work out. I know the physics behind the bomb, arrows, and b.rang changed a good deal from 64 to melee, I want to see if they change again. Also, Im really wondering if they will change the smash attacks / what they will be. Oh...and they wont remove wavedashing.....will they? : (

Rueh

Smash Rookie
XD
Sad but true.

Well, dunno why ppl is still talking about megaman.
In my opinion, Snake is enough.
You know, nintendo have so many original games, is not need to bring chars from another games besides nintendo.
There are still, so many chars that nintendo could use in SSB.
Like Wolf, from Star Fox. Or some another chars from F-Zero.

But please, talk about confirmed chars. Tnx

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
haha nintendo game rated M. like that'll happen.
I'd just klike to point out "Geist" and "Eternal Darkness"

Anyway, I have ideas for Snake

B- Stun Grenade
Foward / Back B- Stinger Missle
Up B- Jumps up like CF and if connects, places mine on opponent, jumps of them, and it explodes
Down B- Claymore

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm really interested in seeing how Snake will turn out. His physical moves shouldn't be much of a problem, but the specials are harder. One suggestion for the recovery move I saw was using a rocket laucher to propell him, which could work. He could also have a punch where he's holding a mine, and explodes when he hits the enemy.

I'm really glad Pit is in, ever since I saw his trophy in melee I thought he'd make a good addition in the next game. He's most likely the first character I'd try out (I'm guessing Snake will be a secret character)

Rueh

Smash Rookie
I wonder which char will be kicked out...

LIKN OUT xD

I wont like some chars will get out, but what i think is that Sakurai dont want to make a game like Marvel vs Capcom which have soooo many chars.

I think i will wait until then. I guess...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'd just klike to point out "Geist" and "Eternal Darkness"

B- Stun Grenade
Up B- Jumps up like CF and if connects, places mine on opponent, jumps of them, and it explodes
Down B- Claymore
Somebody neg-repped me for that post. Maybe someone didn't like being told they're wrong for somethin unimportant like that. and DarkKnight, your UpB idea is what I had in mind. Sorry if that seemed unclear ^_^

GerarRv

Smash Rookie

B- Stun Grenade
Down B- Claymore
You joke?,Jajajaja Thats Smash Atacks im Not Like :psycho:

B: SOCOM.
B Up : Rope For Save.

B Down : C4 ( activates when you want).

B + advanced : Nikita Misile.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I would have preferred snake using his hand to hand skills then explosives
That's no reason to neg rep me, if you did, that is. It's personal opinion.

Odds are jhis hand-to-hand melle combat will fit the A button, because A button is physical attacks (Save for exceptions like Mewtwo, Dorf, and Samus, but you get the picture)

GerarRv said:
You joke?,Jajajaja Thats Smash Atacks im Not Like

B: SOCOM.
B Up : Rope For Save.

B Down : C4 ( activates when you want).

B + advanced : Nikita Misile.
Um..., what the f*** are you saying? Is B + Advanced supposed to be Foward / Back B (Smash B)?

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
I wonder which char will be kicked out...

LIKN OUT xD

I wont like some chars will get out, but what i think is that Sakurai dont want to make a game like Marvel vs Capcom which have soooo many chars.

I think i will wait until then. I guess...
hey quit hatin on the link man

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Somebody neg-repped me for that post. Maybe someone didn't like being told they're wrong for somethin unimportant like that. and DarkKnight, your UpB idea is what I had in mind. Sorry if that seemed unclear ^_^
I wonder if it's the same tard that neg-reped me for my Mike Jones thread - I wonder if he even bothered to check and see that it WASN'T for the ****ing rapper... Kids today...

Back on topic, does anyone think that anything regarding SSBB will be announced at GC 2006? Most likely not, but you never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom