• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
Hey does anyone know what pikachu's supersmash is?
I think his (D)B should be changed and super smash should be a POWERFUL THUNDER ATTACk like on the show and game. Not some whimpy little cloud lightning strike but lots of clouds and lots of BIG lightning stries...whahahah!!!!!!!!!!

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
probably.

hopefully no space will be wasted on jiggle mechanics. that would be ********.

As for snake, he doesn't fit because he's realistic. All the other characters are cartoony/anime or w/e. Also, he's froma game that involves a lot of sneaking and slow movement. It'll be strange to be sliding all over the place and double jumping with Snake, it won't feel right.

On the otherhand , cardboard box sheild ftw!

Meta knight has seems to be pretty broken actually, 5 jumps and he has multi hit standard attacks in midair, that seem pretty unavoidable. Dunno how the lightsaber thing for samus will work.
ok your looking into this way too hard in my opinion look at mario an italian shoting fireballs not that realistic man and what if snake used other peoples powers and used them better than kirby would that fit into the game more you think or not.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
uhhhh.....does anyone know of any more other than zamus wario pit snake and meta knight?
and ugh PIKA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah I do... We also have Mario, Link, Samus and Pikachu. ;) No im just kidding with ya, if they will confirm a new character you'd see it around here on the first page.

Hey does anyone know what pikachu's supersmash is?
I think his (D)B should be changed and super smash should be a POWERFUL THUNDER ATTACk like on the show and game. Not some whimpy little cloud lightning strike but lots of clouds and lots of BIG lightning stries...whahahah!!!!!!!!!!
No, we dont know anything else but what the trailer and the screenshots tell us. And sorry to dissapoint you but Pika's v+B will stay the same. If you wont believe me check IGN's Brawl screenshots.

Btw... How old are you? :ohwell:

Gaudion

Smash Apprentice
I think it's a little early to start discussing whether any characters are overpowered or not, but I'm guessing Meta Knight will at least be mid-tier if for no other reason than he has a sword. Just look at Marth, Link, etc. A sword provides range, priority, and a bit of invincibility in that the weapon itself can't be hit, only the character's body.

Snake and this new Samus are the ones I'm really worried about. Most of the realistic, less-cartoony characters rank very high on the tier list in Melee and need to be toned down and brought in line with the rest of the cast for Brawl. The same could be said vice versa for the more-cartoony ones.

I don't know what to think of Wario. I'm curious to see whether or not they're going to try to put him down the middle of the road like Mario and Luigi or if they're going to play up his size and weight like they do in Mario Kart, etc. In my opinion this game needs more "big" characters, for diversity if for no other reason. Right now Bowser and Donkey Kong are the only two holding it down.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
thats not completely true Gaudion, i would deff consider ganondorf a slow character. mabye not quite as slow as bowser or dk but who else is slower?

kill shot the only confirmed characters were introduced in the trailor. until much closer to the game's release, the only time we may get an update on characters in the game is at the press confrence Nintendo is having on sept 14th. they plan to introduce more ideas from their business into the market, such as details about their new system, popular games, etc. there is a good chance that they will spill a bit of information about brawl as well.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
Assuming the rumor of more character news by September 14 is true, what do you think they'll announce? Returns, newcomers, removals, or a third-party character?

I'd love to see a second movie revealing a few more stages, super smashes, items, and showing off five returning characters (probably some more 'obvious' returns, like SSB charas such as DK and Fox) and maybe three newcomers.

If they announce removals, I just hope it's all the clones (minus Falco and Ganondorf). Sorry Roy, that means you've just been kicked off my list.:p

GenG

Smash Lord
There are going to be tree press events (in Japan, Europe and the US) during the 14th-15th to announce the latest details, but I think a new Brawl announcement is out of place, it's simply "too fanboysm" for a more serious event like this and won't be considered of importance. The people going there won't looking for more SSBB characters.

icymatt

Smash Lord
When it comes to September 14th, here's what I expect:

If lightning strikes the same place twice, we'll get some new info.
If the planets are aligned, we'll get some new screenshots.
If the wax statue of Mario cries tears of Grape Crush, we'll get some character info.
If all these happens at the same time I win the lottery, we'll get some new footage spliced into a Wii game montage.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
There are going to be tree press events (in Japan, Europe and the US) during the 14th-15th to announce the latest details, but I think a new Brawl announcement is out of place, it's simply "too fanboysm" for a more serious event like this and won't be considered of importance. The people going there won't looking for more SSBB characters.
i know that an announcement about brawl is very highly unlikely, but a man can dream, cant he? it seems that brawl is near top priority as far as developement projects by nintendo are concerned, and if they are discussing something important then i think there is a slight chance. plus, i look at it as the last possible time to aquire any info on the game until this spring, therefore i am hoping as hard as i can for info on brawl.

my prediction of what they will tell us IF they tell us anything(that is a very strong if, mind you) is to introduce mabye some of the items we can expect to see, a screen shot or 2 of a newly announced returning melee character fighting an already announced brawl character on the stage of the melee character(eg. bowser fighting mario on bowser's new stage), as well as how many 3rd parties they are allowing or have added so far so we can stop wondering. not who they are, just how many.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
AHAHAHAHHA :D aifr351`2391`1=3`241fa fskago385tkaszglas jja-fsak me ish drunk ^^

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I found a site that says Ridley and Bowser Jr. have been confirmed, WW link will replace YLink and Ice Climbers and G&W have been removed. It also says this info is from a radio transmission interview with Masashiro Sakuri. Does anyone know if this is real or rumor?

http://translate.google.com/transla...velles-tetes-pour-Super-Smash-Bros-Brawl.html
This rumor is fake. I mean, why would they cut ICs and Game and watch for without reason? And that Radio "Talk Show" is a bunch of bullcrap

Rhyme

Smash Lord
this post is first, but i will be adding it to my sig soon as a warning.

ATENTION ALL NOOBS, DO NOT POST ANY NEW BRAWL INFO CONCERNING AN ITALIAN TALK SHOW AND THREE CUT CHARACTERS ON THESE BOARDS EVER AGAIN.

if you do not comply, your safety can no longer be garunteed.

people get tired of hearing the same thing over and over, ya know? this has been discussed as of roughly 2 months ago, was false then, and is false now. please stop telling people about it.

Zink

Smash Champion
I'm interested in Kirby's moveset. In SSB he was rather overpowered, while in Melee he got overnerfed a bit. Will there be a balance now?

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
overpoered! Whatever me and my friend pwn with him in ssb! in ssbm he wasn't as good, but still awsome.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
What about making 3rd party characters random moves that have nothing to do with there character so it makes then unique to the brawl game.

What does everybody think of that?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
What about making 3rd party characters random moves that have nothing to do with there character so it makes then unique to the brawl game.

I'm pretty sure that their movesets will be unique with the game they are from. Snake is using lots of explosives, and onkly Link has one move like that. And if Sonic is in, try to find a move he'd have similar to one already used by another chacrter

If a character has moves available from the game they are from, making new moves would just be unnecesarry, except for the super Smash attack.

Sensai

Smash Master

I think that's a bad idea, to be honest. Haha.

And look what happened to Fox from 64 to Melee: super buffed. So I think Kirby's either gonna be crazy l337h4x or bad, haha. Fighting games are delicate things.

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure that their movesets will be unique with the game they are from. Snake is using lots of explosives, and onkly Link has one move like that. And if Sonic is in, try to find a move he'd have similar to one already used by another chacrter

If a character has moves available from the game they are from, making new moves would just be unnecesarry, except for the super Smash attack.
I would like to ask you if balloon fighter is in brawl what move set would you even give them or how would they even come back with only 2 balloons?

Great game but can't see them working in brawl to tell you the truth

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I would like to ask you if balloon fighter is in brawl what move set would you even give them or how would they even come back with only 2 balloons?

well from what i understand, ballon fighter was available in the beta test version of melee, with the "flipper" weapon as HIS weapon. but they ran out of time so they salvaged the flipper and its annoying properties(mabye balloon fighter's running attack like luigi's) and made it an item. now they have time and i think he will be in.

his balloons will probably puff up with air as he floats over horizontal like DK, then deflate when he runs out and he falls all the way down and dies. mabye he would hit people with that flipper for physical attacks, and use some of balloon fight's attack items for b attacks? (someone help me out i never played "balloon fight") i just assume nintendo game=items

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

BALLOON FIGHTER MOVESET

First of all, Balloon Fighter has no UP B recobvery due to the fact he can sotra fly. He has Two balloons which he hovers with. One balloon means he hovers less and flaps lower, etc. No Balloons means he walks and normaly jumps

B- Spark- The spark from Balloon Fight, you can control this while it moves like the boomerang, but it doesn't come back

FOWARD / BACK B- Flipper- Balloon Fighter pulls out the Flipper and spins it. it gets people in a little hit-flip combo, and can reflect projectiles

UP B- Balloon Pump- Balloon Fighter does this to pump up a new Balloon. If he already has 2 balloons, he just sits there pumping and looking stupid.

DOWN B- Pop Kick- From Balloon Fight, Balloon Fighter drops his feet in attempt to pop a balloon. Now since there aren't any Balloons, Balloon Fighter just does a spike

SUPER SMASH ATTACK- BALLOON TRIP- Lots of sparks appear and the screen scrols making the sparks travel across the screen.

Now, I'm not saying that they WON'T make new moves for charcters, but if a character has moves from the game he/she is from, it would make more sense. Even Peach useed Super Mario 2 in her movelist.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
25 + Shiek.
If a character made it to beta they would not scrap him.
yes some players (and sakurai on the official brawl website) agree that shiek/ zelda are actually two different characters. they do have 2 spots between them on the teir list, fight different, have all different moves, and if memory serves two diff trophies.

about the beta character balloon fighter, he was rumored to be in that version, although it is a very widely believed rumor. he does have a very detailed polygon modle in the trophy gallery, mabye he was already designed. also, on smash blog, ssb fans did research on who they think has a good shot of making it in AND a paragraph explaining why. if people such as mcfox who helped write the article, among other researchers, claim that balloon fighter was in the beta version, then i would not doubt it.

*note above all else that this may or may not be true, its just very likely*

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know when Sakurai is going to tell us some more confirmed characters?
I already do like what we have though!
Pika is my fav.
Mario is one of my favs.
So is link.
Kirby is awsome!
Samus is one a lot of people like.
Zamus, great samus addition!
Wario is ok though.
Snake IMO the coolest 3rd party character possible!
Meta knight looks so cool!
and so does Pit!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Does anyone know when Sakurai is going to tell us some more confirmed characters?
I already do like what we have though!
Pika is my fav.
Mario is one of my favs.
So is link.
Kirby is awsome!
Samus is one a lot of people like.
Zamus, great samus addition!
Wario is ok though.
Snake IMO the coolest 3rd party character possible!
Meta knight looks so cool!
and so does Pit!
sept 14 aka today. by tomorrow it should be all over the web.

what could dig dug possibly do? he used an air pump, and mabye a cheaply designed spear too(my memory is fuzzy) but that doesnt sound like a good character to me.

icymatt

Smash Lord
did that nintendo announcement happen already? how dissappointing, no brawl info, what a let down. i hope no rumors spawn then.
Yes, but I was expecting there to be no Brawl info. This was about the Wii, it's features and launch date. Really no reason to put much focus on a game that won't be available for another year. Plus, it has only been four months. I doubt any significant amount of progress has been made.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I did hear that they wanted Snake in SSBM, but Konami missed the chance to do so.
yes you did hear correctly. sakurai was contacted by one of Konami's representatives(i cant remember his name someone help me out) who "practically begged sakurai to have snake in smash brothers". unfortunately HAL was contacted to far into development and they couldnt add him, so he was simply put on the roster for brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom