• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hemightbegiant you're a loser. Get a life
I advise the same treatment to you, PrimeTimeJap

Has anybody else heard anything about any more confirmed characters?
No, we haven't heard any information about new confirmed characters, but there is new information about to be revealed around the corner in October :)

And febuary isn't that far away either :) I may just explode with happiness

ameerali

Smash Cadet
Think about it most or prob all of the ssbm characters are all nintendo characters, u don't see mario on ps2.
thats y snake shouldn't be in he appears in metal gear solid on the ps2!

Soz

ameerali

Smash Cadet
R any of u goin to by nintendo wii and brawl?
i want to buy it the day it comes out. maybe we can play together cause brawl has wifi connection.
Love to have a challenge for once

icymatt

Smash Lord
Think about it most or prob all of the ssbm characters are all nintendo characters, u don't see mario on ps2.
Snake appeared in the original Metal Gear on the NES, and it's unofficial sequel, the Game Boy Color Metal Gear Solid, and Twin Snakes on the Gamecube.

Plus, they are letting a few non-Nintendo characters in if they appeared on a Nintendo console game.

flaco

The Terminator
I think that snake gameplay is gonna be like sheik they look almost the same well the difference is that sheik is a homo and snake is stright no tranforming crap lol but yea i think snake has the same gameplay that shiek I hope.

J03

Smash Master
hmm those who cant imagine snakes moves i say this too, falcon drives a racer, how the hell could any1 foresee his gr8ness, snake uses hand 2 hand in his games therefore his moveset will b awesome, i forsee another falcon tbh (u myt have guessed :p) quik moves side-b using explosives and b=box...deflector, other attacks could only b uneducated guesses, expect his 3xA which i think will b his combo from the original MGS, also his throws will b similar to ^^

i hope u can wear his tuxedo as alt dress lol

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Don't forget that Falcon is also a Bounty Hunter when he is'nt racing so that proably explains the moves he had in Melee. Yeah Snake's tuxedo would be a good addition to Brawl. Maybe his MGS1 sneaking suit should be in aswell.

Icymatt said:
Plus, they are letting a few non-Nintendo characters in if they appeared on a Nintendo console game.
I think Sonic and his frenids should be in Brawl since they starred in a couple of Gamecube titles. (namely the 2 Sonic Adventure games and Sonic Heroes)

Fire Fox X

Smash Apprentice
R any of u goin to by nintendo wii and brawl?
i want to buy it the day it comes out. maybe we can play together cause brawl has wifi connection.
Love to have a challenge for once

Umm...Yes?
You did just post that in a SSB Series Forum :laugh:
That's Why I don't understand why a SSBB Clans grounds hasn't been added to the Boards...It doesn't make sense to me...

AnyWii. I'm Glad they puit Pit in, He looks So Cool. ^_^

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Soz
Cool down on the teamspeak, I can barely tell what you are saying :p

Anyways, Snake has a BIG history with Nintendo. When Ultra games out up the Metal Gear franchise for sale, Nintendo was rumored that they were heavily considering buying the franchise. Konami heard this, and bought it before Ninty did>_< Also, Snakes creator Hideo Kojima is friends with Masahiro Sakurai, and has been asking for Snake in smash since Melee, was SERIOUSLY being considered (along with Sonic) for Melee, but the idea was brought up too late in development so they had to ditch it. Let's not forget Twin Snakes either, made by Konami and Silicon Knights, A NINTENDO FIRST PARTY GROUP :)

Snake isn't a rediculous choice at all if you know the history

icymatt

Smash Lord
Everybody in Smash Bros. is out of place, that's what makes it so cool.

I still don't understand where people get that 'Nintendo almost owned Metal Gear!' stuff. Konami always owned Metal Gear, they published the original game on the MSX. Ultra was a 'fake' publisher created by Konami so they could distribute more games in the US.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I still don't understand where people get that 'Nintendo almost owned Metal Gear!' stuff. Konami always owned Metal Gear, they published the original game on the MSX. Ultra was a 'fake' publisher created by Konami so they could distribute more games in the US.
really? It's fun to learn :)

despite that fact, Snake's history with Nintendo and Kojima being friends still had a big part in his inclusion. Thanks to Snake, Sakurai also said that there will be more 3rd party characters. We all know who's next tough *coughsoniccough*

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I don't understand why a SSBB Clans grounds hasn't been added to the Boards...It doesn't make sense to me...
I know! I was just to ask about that, too. You'd think people would be forming teams already...

I've been thinking about something ever since I've see Pit's new look. It looks like Sakurai and Sora are updating quite a few character models in Brawl. Pit gets completely revamped, Link becomes his TP incarnation, Samus gets her new Metroid Prime armor, and Wario completely sheds his association with Mario in his WW outfit. It seems that in every possible place they can update the look while maintaing the character, they have. Do you think this could be taken as a sign that other characters may be given new looks? I wonder what the Ice Climbers would look like if they were redesigned in the same way Pit was?

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
can anyone confirm this!? i cant be sure, but didn't Pit also have a hammer in the game???either that or im thinking of some other game. but i remember shooting a bunch of snakes with arrows, and a hammer...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
can anyone confirm this!? i cant be sure, but didn't Pit also have a hammer in the game???either that or im thinking of some other game. but i remember shooting a bunch of snakes with arrows, and a hammer...
I never got to far in Kid Icarus, but I don't remember a hammer. I maybe wrong tough. Even if he did have a hammer, it looks like the collapesed bow will be his main form of melee combat.

ameerali, don't triple post.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Pit used a hammer to free petrified centurions. They could find a way to use it as a special attack.

Hemightbegiant, you still got some 'splaining to do about post #1362.

Mez

Smash Cadet
I just hope there are no clones in this game . . . . . . if they are going to keep ganon and the other clones they should at least change theyr move set to make it a little more interesting the only differences they maded in melee was theyr power, speed, some of the ataks strength but i still hate them . . . exept falco cuz he kicks *** , well thats just my opinion . . .

Thaylos Evermoon

Smash Rookie
I think its great that they are adding more flying characters like Metaknight and Pit! Because then you can have all aerial batttles, and they can be very versatile.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
I hope there isn't too many flying chars as it will be hard to K/O them. I know they are light and easier to send flying but still... Four is enough.

Anyone got any char news? I've been in the dark for months and have no idea what's happening.

BETA

Smash Ace
Need a question answered, so Kid Icarus fans, help me! (I've played through all of the NES one and most of the GB one but cannot determine this)...

Does it look like Pit has the three Sacred Treasures equipped? I know he has the Arrows of Light (that should be very obvious), but do those look like the Wings of Pegasus or his own wings? It doesn't look like he's got the Mirror Shield though, unless he whips it out when you use his barrier.

5antana

Smash Rookie
Sonic for Brawl Update

Incase some ppl didn't know this, I just read in my new EGM that Miyamoto thinks that "...Sonic would be a perfect fit for Brawl..." I dunno if he's in there or not, so I'll just post this lil tidbit.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Incase some ppl didn't know this, I just read in my new EGM that Miyamoto thinks that "...Sonic would be a perfect fit for Brawl..." I dunno if he's in there or not, so I'll just post this lil tidbit.
I'd be very surprised if Sonic didn't make the cut. I'm almost willing to bet my first born that he'll be in :p

ike--Luigi

Smash Rookie
i think that its no the matter or characters it the variety of moves... also i hope that the game play will stay the same so that characters dont counter eachother so much... but there will always be good and bad characters it just that many of the characters now are going to have ranged attacks.... that makes most of the game now projectile spamm and camping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom