• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

icymatt

Smash Lord
More false hope for everyone:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/738/738372p1.html
Nintendo of Japan has announced final plans for its upcoming Japanese tour of the Wii. The event was first announced back in September, but with only vague details.

Officially called Nintendo World 2006, this event will kick off in early November, taking the Wii and its software to three major cities throughout Japan. Here's what the schedule looks like, in case you find yourself in Japan next month. Admission is free to the event.

11/3: Nagoya
9:00am to 4:00pm at the Port Messe Nagoya convention center. This is a Friday, but it happens to be a holiday.

11/12: Osaka
9:00am to 4:00pm at Intex Osaka. Nintendo will also be showing off titles at the Games Japan Festa, which is being held in Osaka on both the 11th and 12th.

11/25 and 11/26: Tokyo
9:00am to 4:00pm at the Makuhari Messe just outside the city. This is the same convention center that's used for the Tokyo Game Show.

Wii will be the focus of the event, but Nintendo will also show DS software. Specific titles have not been announced. This will be the first time the Japanese public has gotten hands-on time with the Wii, as the system was not playable at the Tokyo Game Show.

Everyone please note the last paragraph. Since the Wii has not had playable publicly in Japan as of yet, and the console won't launch until early December, expect these to include mostly games that have been playable thus far (Metroid, Mario Galaxy, Wario Ware, Brain Age, Excitetruck, Monkey Ball, etc.), but if there was a time they could have a remote chance of announcing something, these would be the times.

AGAIN, DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING TO COME FROM THESE EVENTS! NOT ONLY WILL YOU SAVE YOURSELF FROM DISSAPOINTMENT, BUT IF NEWS ACTUALLY COMES FROM IT, IT WILL BE MORE EXCITING.

Zink

Smash Champion
False hope ftw!
I don't think we'll see anythig till spring, the holiday season gets too crazy for any big announcements.

unest_guy

Smash Apprentice
Look everybody knows about the confirmed characters tell now.one thing ?

Any new characters confirmed??????

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I don't feel too confortable with Snaske being in there. He's sorta the spy type, so his attacks won't be too powerful. He might have strong grapples though.

I'm still laughing at the trailer with Wario's nova fart attack XD

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't feel too confortable with Snaske being in there. He's sorta the spy type, so his attacks won't be too powerful. He might have strong grapples though.
Since when are explosives not powerful? Don't worry, with Sakurai directing, I'm confident Snake will turn up all right

I'm still laughing at the trailer with Wario's nova fart attack XD
Haha, me too :) Wario Waft FTW!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Since when are explosives not powerful?
I'm not saying about the explosives. I mean his punches and kicks. They're be decently powerful, but not enough to do a lot of damage. He's probably equipped with a gun that stuns their opponents like Falco's, but have rapid fire like Fox. I wonder what his third jump is like...is he even gonna HAVE a third jump!? (If not, then Yoshi would finally have some company :p)

icymatt

Smash Lord
Of course Snake will have a third jump. He can't flutter, so not having one would cripple his usefulness.

Also, Snake's not gonna be using guns. Grenades and rocket launchers were mentioned, remote mines seem a definite possibility.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
I hope he atleast has his combat knife and by some crazy chance his fighter's stance is him taking a smoke.

Bakemonky

Smash Apprentice
I cant find an official Sonic the Hedgehog thread, and this should be in the "confirmed characters" thread.

In this months Electronic Gaming Monthly in the "video games news" section, there was a picture of Sonic holding the Wii remote in his hand. Under him, in big bold yellow letters, was the phrase, "Super Smash Brothers Brawl."

Beneath him it went on to state that in a recent interview, Shigeru Miyamoto (this man should need no introduction) stated that he thought that "Sonic would make an excellent addition to Brawl."

I don't know what this means to you guys, but the GODFATHER of Nintendo just said that he thinks Sonic should be in. If the team behind Brawl DOESNT put Sonic in now, then they better find new jobs.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
That's well known now and there's already a huge thread on Sonic.

Though I'll agree it's incredably unlikely that Sonic WON'T be in Brawl. He's too **** popular.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Bakemonky, Miyamoto has nothing whatsoever to do with Smash, at all.
He created most of the characters in the game.

And I think his status in the company kinda earns him the role of 'Friendly neighbour who comes to chat every once in a while.' on the Smash Bros. crew.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Granted, but do you think he could just tell them to add a charater from scratch into the game this late in production?

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Of course Snake will have a third jump. He can't flutter, so not having one would cripple his usefulness.

Also, Snake's not gonna be using guns. Grenades and rocket launchers were mentioned, remote mines seem a definite possibility.
Snake would most likely use his C4 instead of remote mines.

Also the third jump thing is tricky and nothing suitable comes to mind - maybe they'll create something completely original or loosely base a third jump off some aspect of the Metal Gear series.

( I hope his Super Smash involves Metal Gears and large nuclear weapons :chuckle: )

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Snake would most likely use his C4 instead of remote mines.
If Nintendo does put C4 in the game, it would be the cheapest edgeguard in the ENTIRE game. Hit the opponent off at like 50%, go to edge, press "B", drop C4, casually move away from edge, blow the crap out of opponent even with their sweetspot.

The only way I could see C4 working is if they made it time activated rather than remote activated.

If Snake uses his combat knife, I can't imagine it being anything else but a repeating set of jabs for his continuous A attack. Sakurai said that he was avoiding "real world" weapons and I think a knife is to 'assasin-like' for smash bros.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
You're all wrong...my Mario powns...ask all my friends...

1. How can you be so sure your Mario pwns, do you have video proof? Friends don't mean squat in the gamming world.

2. You don't need to defend yourself, why in the world would you care what we think?

3. What does this have to do with Confirmed Character Discussion? It's not confirmed ownership discussion now, is it?

Gamerkid789, yes Metaknight will pwn, and for multiple reasons. Sakurai is creator of the Kirby series, plus his Marth-esque moveset and multiple jumps grant him a huge advantage when it comes to circum-level comboing. Does anyone besides me think that Metaknight will have too much of an advantage, to the point where it is unfair?

SAMUS?

these r some amazin samus costumes an i hope they have these in brawl
www.smashbros.planets.gamespy.com/ssba_gal_ssbb_9.php

i especially like the middle one
Those look good.=)

I just can't wait to get my hands on Pit,Mario,and especially now..Link(My old,old use to be main from all the way back to SSB64,i miss you...) now that he has been booted up to his TP look.

Pit in my opinion is gonna own everything.Including MetaKnight.^^

icymatt

Smash Lord
All the current new characters are incredible. As much as I love speculating on more, the confirmed 5 still rock the most socks.

Freaking Wario.
Freaking Pit.
Freaking Meta-Knight.
Freaking ZSS.
Freaking Snake.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
MEANWHILE- Confirmed information on Snake using explosives makes his moveset highly improbable to be like Sheik or CF's movesets because of similar body structure.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
It's he said she said he said, and it's purty old, but...

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290

Acording to 1up.com who got thier info through a french gaming site who heard this on a japanese radio station more characters have been anounced and a few have been dismissed.

On the radio show "The Gaming Show" Sakurai confirmed a Cel-shaded link (alla LoZ:WW), Bowser Junior, and one of my favs Ridly. Unfortunately the list of characters that won't be seen include the Ice Climbers, GaW, and Y. Link. Meh, could be worse they Sakurai could have anounced pichu leaving or something.

Again just want to make it clear this isn't offical, but it should be noted.

flaco

The Terminator
Well all does user that say they own with these charecter I own with these one um just one question have you ever wen to tony or know what are advance moves.

Well all does user that say they own with these charecter I own with these one um just one question have you ever wen to tony or know what are advance moves.
Um...Spelling...Grammar..use them please.;)

But bragging because you can beat your noob friends is alittle unsupportive to his cause.

FODH,go to a tourny and proove how good you are,then you can trash talk all you want.Powns....Lol.And even if you were to spell it out,it would be'pawn',ok.

flaco

The Terminator
Well I say it again,all does members,users that say that they could beat you with any charecter or own you without proof,or havent went to torny or they dont know what are advance moves there just trah talkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom