• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-major

Smash Champion
just wondering... I heard somewhere that all the characters that were in SSB64 are comfirmed for brawl. is this ture? or just a rumor? I haven't been keeping up to date with info on brawl, so if someone could clear this up I would appreciate it.

as for already confirmed characters. I personaly have my intrest on Metaknoight right now. from the video, he's seems fast. theyt will most likly even out his massive hit combos, by making them very weak. but we'll see. and with him in, that gives the possability of King DeDeDe getting in, which I would love!

I'm also intersted with Zero-suit Samus. the idea of having her change as she takes damage just passes me as a cool idea. it would add a lot of srtatagy into her play style. makeing you have to figure out when taking damage would be a good idea, so you could turn into Zamus to make use of her abilties. but who knows, it might be a flop.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Not necessarily. In fact there are rumors that Sakurai wanted Lucas in the game and not Ness. Since Ness and Lucas both look alike and have similar powers, it is possible that Lucas might replace Ness. If this happens I am sure the moveset will stay mostly the same.

I am sure the other original twelve will definately be in.

T-major

Smash Champion
Not necessarily. In fact there are rumors that Sakurai wanted Lucas in the game and not Ness. Since Ness and Lucas both look alike and have similar powers, it is possible that Lucas might replace Ness. If this happens I am sure the moveset will stay mostly the same.

I am sure the other original twelve will definately be in.
Lucas?... never heard of him... then again, I've never really played Earthbound (although I should start) and I'm sure Ness would stay in. he is the the main character of Earthbound, afterall.

and if the original characters are in, I hope they give Luigi his own moves. maybe insted of fire balls, he could use a thunder attack like he did it Mario and Luigi: superstar saga. although he's pretty different already, he could still be a lot more different.

also, this is unrelated to confirmed characters, but what do you think the chances of a new type of B move being put in are? they did it with 64 >> SSBM, so why not this time? I personaly would like top see grab B moves. you would grab an opponent, the press B (neutral) and a new type of attack would happen. like Mario could do a fire punch. Link could do a shield jab, which would fit in with his new design, seeing as he can do that in TP. what do you think?

icymatt

Smash Lord
I don't think they would take out Ness for Lucas. Ness is North America's only connection to the Earthbound/Mother series, and even in Japan Mother 2 is very popular in it's right.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I don't think they would take out Ness for Lucas. Ness is North America's only connection to the Earthbound/Mother series, and even in Japan Mother 2 is very popular in it's right.
Isn't Ness viewed as MOTHER's main character in Japan, like Cloud is to the final fantasy series. In MOTHER 3,
Ness and co. make an important cameo role in Pokey's nightmares
, and let's not forget that
the strongest weapon for Lucas (and I believe the entire game) is a Yo-yo that once belonged to Ness
. Even with MOTHER 3's popularity, I think Ness will stay.

OFF TOPIC: In MOTHER 3, was anyone else weirded out by
instead of saving your game on phones like in MOTHER's 1/2 (Earthbound Zero / Earthbound), you save your game by talking to frogs
?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I have no idea. I just heard that rumor on one of Fliptroopa's threads. I actually know nothing about the Earthbound series. Just thought I would spread the rumor around abit.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It looks like Fox falls even FASTER in Brawl. :O
Anyways, they added something new... Crouching! I think they added that because of Snake. And I say, it does suit the game. I love Pikachu's crouch! <3

Snake looks alot like a powerhouse character. C.Falcon like, however I think Snake is stronger and slower.

And Link... Was it just me or did he REALLY shoot an arrow without charging? Also Doc mainers, Mario has Doc's Fair! Say bay bay to the doctor. :D It's almost 100% guranteed that Doc will be removed.

GenG

Smash Lord
ZZSamus fights almost like Sheik. So I think Sheik could get the boot.

piZ

Smash Journeyman
Considering the Zelda models are Twilight Princess, and Sheik is from OoT, it would not suprise me.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Ok..... Y have a concern about Mteaknight´s crazy combos.

I hope that this guys will take 1% with each hit of that balde...otherwise he will add like 50% in 3 seconds with that crazy easy-to-do combos with his blade.

For the way his blade cuts.. i think he will be like a marth, but witout the tipper, With the ability to do a lot of quick weak combos and to end things with his smashes.

He can hover too!

Sensai

Smash Master
Thank you petoo. Better late then never.

And I fear that Metaknight might just end up being a Marth that can fly and can combo with his eyes closed.

gamerkid789

Smash Cadet
in the trailer metaknights blade doesnt knock you back allowing for a grab at the end of his combo,plus his blade stuns you too,and he can fly lol!!!!!!:laugh: they should give him chain grabable throws then he finnaly teach a few broken characters a lesson they never forget

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
*** fox footage is the pwnage like nobodies business, but stated in a way thats a little less gay. About his costume change though, its wierd, it looks like the change is good and bad, well I guess I'll just have to wait for more footage. New lvls look awesome too.

T-major

Smash Champion
For some reason, this hasn't been posted 10000000 times on this thread.

Fox is confirmed.

Source:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/743/743808p1.html

Footage soon to come.
that video was awsome!!! so much new stuff revealed! such as crawling, a few newcomer moves, new stages (Yoshi's Island, Space, Mario Kart!), Fox! (But you could tell he would be in from the start) did any one else notice his abnomaly large boots? to much to name all of it. people on here are going to have a field day with this!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Alright, let's break it down...

Mario seems to have inheirited some of Dr. Mario's move stats (which is awesome). Also, whoevers playing him seems to be able to mash the crap out of the B button to stay in the air with the tornado like that...>.< The sound effects own, as well.

Kirby...doesn't seem that different.

Pikachu doesn't either.

Link kinda disappoints me. Being my favourite character, I'da thought they'd keep him up to date. I mean, his combos have been 4 hits for two games now! Get with the program, Sora...<.< Anyway, his spin attack looks awesome now (and sounds awesome).

Wario seems small in this game. His attacks look cool, though.

Metaknight looks cool, too. That glide is awesome (if it's limited).

Pit definitalely looks like a character I'd be willing to add to my main list. He looks like he'd be rather fun to play as and has some cool moves.

Zero Suit Samus looks awesome as well. Very agile and good martial arts type moves. Just wish they'd showed her gun or whip in action (as well as her armor).

Snake looks crazy awesome. Wonderful translation of the character and definately looks fun to play as.

Fox...looks awesome, too. This pretty much ensures that Sora is making all the right changes that I'd enjoy. I'm sold.

Speaking of all the characters...We have ten now...Could we be close to having the starting line up? I thought Snake was supposed to be an unlockable character, though...so I dunno...Plus, without Yoshi (who's all but confirmed) and DK (who's very noticeably absent ; ;) I don't think we are. Plus some other characters...guess I'm just rambling on.

However, I'll just put my expected starting line up:
Mario
Kirby
Pikachu
Link
Wario
Pit
Samus
Fox
(Yoshi?)
(DK?)
(Maybe Ice Climbers, Marth, Ness, C. Falcon)

And then unlockables would be:
Metaknight
Snake
(Other characters who share symbols, third party characters, special kooky characters [G&W] etc...)

But I dunno...You'd be unlocking characters you started out with in SSBM so...who knows?

Also, the absence of Bowser, DK, Ganondorf (though that could be for obvious reasons), and other heavy characters is strange. The current ten are all medium characters (hard to tell what Snake is, though) except for Kirby and Pikachu which could very be borderline, now. Wario is even smaller than Mario which makes me question if he's lost his "Herculean strenghth". I thought, like most people, that he'd be a big heavy character but he seems to be in the same class as everyone else.

Everyone seems faster now and decently weighted now. Maybe balance can be achieved, though I'm sure the competive scene and MLG's tendency to poison everything it touches will seep through. But...who knows?

And despite some speculative air and the notable absence of notable characters...I'm totally in love with everything I've seen so far and await the next batch of info with much anticipation.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I'm pretty certain Meta-Knight will be default. I'm also thinking there's alot more. I expect around 18-20 default characters this time.

Now, here's a hunch. Notice how Fox's appearance was tacked on at the end? Notice how there's two more Nintendo World events this month?

I'm starting to think that each Nintendo World trailer will have the same initial part, but with a different ending, showcasing a different character. And, more or less likely, those characters will complete the original 8. So, yeah, Yoshi and DK may still be coming.

Don't bet money on it, as it's just a wild shot in the dark. But my wild shots have hit before...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Update please! There are now two more confirmed characters asmentioned in the other sticky:
Fox
Yoshi
They even have a picture of the new and improved Fox.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Yoshi hasn't been totally confirmed yet.

He'd be Semi-Confirmed, because we can actually identify his stage.

Chaos Samus

Smash Cadet
I loved that trailer, but after playing the ds star fox, and seeing his son marcus mcloud that is who i think it is i mean they even had a new space ship

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Awesome trailer. We finaly get to see some more actual brawl action sine the last trailer was more of an intro. Mario seems a bit better now. His fair is now like Docs!
Meh... please show me some of my boy.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I loved that trailer, but after playing the ds star fox, and seeing his son marcus mcloud that is who i think it is i mean they even had a new space ship
Nah, the trailer calls him Fox (Proof, look at his kanji name on the Japanese Melee site and compare it to the name beside his art in the trailer.)

Chaos Samus

Smash Cadet
o ok, falco needs to come Back now. i wanted to see somebody we thougt wouldnt come, i knew fox was come back

Sensai

Smash Master
Yoshi is only confirmed if you go by the logic that there is a level with him. If you don't flow with that, Yoshi is in no way confirmed.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, I pnly said he was confirmed because another guy said it. Oh well then.:ohwell:
Sorry if it got misleading or confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom