• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiRMaGuS

Smash Rookie
I think it's funny people think Snake doesn't belong. I mean, Snake was rolling with Nintendo before Roy, Marth, Fox, Kirby, all the pokemon, etc... almost before, Gasp!, Samus.
It's sad he went over to Sony, but **** happens.

I'm thinking speed like Capt. Falcon, with some sort of projectile but not the same power.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
SiRMaGuS said:
I think it's funny people think Snake doesn't belong.
It's not really so much because of his Nintendo ties, it's because of who he is. He's much more realistic in many ways than the rest of the Smash cast.

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
Supreme Pie Ninja said:
It's not really so much because of his Nintendo ties, it's because of who he is. He's much more realistic in many ways than the rest of the Smash cast.
True..But since Link looks semi-realistic (in terms of looks)..I don't think Snake will look like that much of an outcast.. :dizzy:

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
You have a point, but still, Link is from a more "cartoony" (making up words is fun...) and "fantasy-ish" (...it's still fun) game more or less, while Snake is from a more realistic, life-like game setting.

I'm very interested to see how they work him into this...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
What I was suggesting earlier was not simple costume change such as the Daisy/Peach thing in Melee, but two separate characters combined in the way Zelda/Sheik were. Nintendo eliminates Samus B + \/ Bomb attack, instead having it activate a transformation to/from Samus armor. While I understand why it is thought that Zero Suit Samus is an indipendent character from normal Samus, and I suspect that she is: in the same way Sheik is an indipendent character from Zelda. They have completely different movesets, strengths and weaknesses. They just happen to share the same slot in the Character Select screen, and the added feature of interchangeability.
There are three major reasons I suspect that Nintendo is going this route. The first is that it has been done before, with Zelda/Shiek. Secondly, in the video, she actually starts out as normal Samus. We see her lose her armor. While this could partially just for the purpose of letting us know who she is, it seems like it would create more confusion given the inclusion of original Samus. Thirdly, as I said before, it is completely redundant to have both Samus in the starting lineup. They would not have announced Zero Samus this early if she was not in the starting lineup (with the last game we didn't find out any of the special character until fairly late in the game, as I recall) and there's no way they're going to bump orignal Samus down to an unlockable character.
To those of you who are skeptical, I would point out that Sheik was never revealed to be a transeformation of Zelda in Melee until folks saw for themselves in the demos.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Solid snake will be like a superior version of Captain Falcon and maybe he'll use his gun. (unlike CF)

I'm thinking that Wario will be a mighty character and with deadly smashes, but laggy (and STRONG!) aerials.

Pit- a floaty warrior with great aerial game.

Metaknight- A kirby with stronger moves and better range.

0suitsamus-HOT MOMMA, sexier than Peach! Im' too stupified by her beauty that I can't post anything else about her for the moment.*pants*

kirby looks exactly the same!!!!!! .....and Pikachu hasn't changed much.

Link sexy graphics, but I liked his boots more on melee.

Mario-nice jeans like always.(I hope that Mario sunshine's tropical gear'll be on his wardrobe options)

..........later

Sensai

Smash Master
SiRMaGuS said:
I mean, Snake was rolling with Nintendo before Roy, Marth, Fox, Kirby, all the pokemon, etc... almost before, Gasp!, Samus.
You sure about that? I'm not doubting, nor do I have any sources ('cause I'm too lazy to look it up), but I think Kirby came before MG.

But then again, I might be kwazee.*

*Not to be confused with crazy.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
What happened to the first character discussion? Did it go the way of such topics as "the grimer conspiracy"?

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh, I'd also like to add to whomever said that Zamus is unnecessary or whatever.

I agree, unless it turns into a Sheik/Zelda thing, and then I agree with you more (still lame, but less so).

Antioch

Smash Journeyman
first of all, samus' bombs are part of WHO SHE IS.
they won't forfeit those in order for her to make a transformation.

zamus will be a whole different character.

krazyzyko said:
Solid snake will be like a superior version of Captain Falcon and maybe he'll use his gun. (unlike CF)

I'm thinking that Wario will be a mighty character and with deadly smashes, but laggy (and STRONG!) aerials.

Pit- a floaty warrior with great aerial game.

Metaknight- A kirby with stronger moves and better range.

0suitsamus-HOT MOMMA, sexier than Peach! Im' too stupified by her beauty that I can't post anything else about her for the moment.*pants*

kirby looks exactly the same!!!!!! .....and Pikachu hasn't changed much.

Link sexy graphics, but I liked his boots more on melee.

Mario-nice jeans like always.(I hope that Mario sunshine's tropical gear'll be on his wardrobe options)

..........later

and snake will most likely use c4, a rocket launcher, and his knife. ;p

X_Arre

Smash Cadet
how would it be wierd to have two different Samus's in the select screen? Mario and Dr. Mario are the same person I belive, as are Link and Y. Link. The only difference would be that Samus and Zamus wouldn't be clones. and as for original samus, I think they might take out bombs for a different transformation; Morph Ball form. From this she could lay bombs, us the boost ball and the spider ball and such. If someone wants me to post my thought up samus movelist (w/ morph ball capability), I could do that.

EDIT: I've decided to post it anyway.

*Samus
-Neutral B: Same as now
-Forward B: Same as now
-Up B: same as now
+Down B: Morph ball: Instead of just dropping a bomb, she will fully enter morph ball mode. You have no A-attacks while in morph ball form. You can jump once, but other than that you will have to bomb jump. You cannot be grabbed in morph ball form
-Up B: Resume normal form
-Neutral B: Lay bomb: These will be the energy based bombs from metroid prime, but will still fall like the physical ones do. They will behave the same way, blow up after a certain time or when coming into contact with an enemy
-Forward B: Boost ball: When you press this, Samus will zoom a short distance, inflicting damage to anyone in her way. Holding it will charge the boost ball and send you faster and farther. Doing this on an inclined surface that levels off at the top will make you jump.
-Down B: Power bomb: Samus will be immobilized as she unleashes this attack, which will send opponents flying and dishing out heavy amounts of damage. This has a long Afterlag though, allowing anyone not hurled by the blast to get in a cheap shot or smash attack. In total, you can only use this move 5 times on one life. They will be refilled when you are KO'ed
-If you hold L or R (or whatever button SSBB uses to shield) you will activate the Spider ball, allowing you to cling to the edges of any stage for up to five seconds. Dropping a bomb while clinging will push you away from the surface, and using the boost ball will blast you away from the surface of clingage (lol, funny word)

-Throw: Same as now
-Taunt: Same as now
-Kirby results: Same as now

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
Will people ever understand that this is a thread for CONFIRMED FREAKING CHARACTERS!? I don't mean to sound harsh, but c'mon! It's like, the 50th time I've seen these off topic posts! ...not including mine!

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
That's a good Idea for samus. You should post it in the "I'll translate theis to japaneese and send it to nintendo" thread.
Supreme Pie Ninja said:
Will people ever understand that this is a thread for CONFIRMED FREAKING CHARACTERS!? I don't mean to sound harsh, but c'mon! It's like, the 50th time I've seen these off topic posts! ...not including mine!
You know, this is about movesets for confirmed charachters, and that looks like an innocent movelist to me.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
@ Skylink: Oh, I was talking about Blballerboy, not the moveset. ;)

@ McFox: Are you serious!? I mean...that's incredible! My eyes have been opened!

[note, that's not sarcasm, just joking around]

On a side note, I like some of those Samus ideas.

chubble

Smash Cadet
well i think snake will be interesting because he will basically be a mystery on his weapon and whatnot i think they will end up surprising ppl on him

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
*EDIT* Put the following in your sig:

[img]http://f5.putfile.com/5/13121130571.gif[/img]

However, since Zodiac made it, you should probably ask his permission first (like I did (now I remember :p)).

And by "ask," I mean through PMs, not in this topic.

buttons

Smash Rookie
I hope for snakes throw he goes into the "snap neck" position.

Pit looks crazy with bow to short swords and i wonder if he can fly.

I pray Meta knight isnt unbalanced like marth.

I personally am not crazy about special moves in like a tournament setting, i hope theres an option to turn them off. same with nintendogs...

and deep down, deep deep down, i hope they replace that poor dummy in home run contest. he's suffered enough, lets get someone who deserves it in his place... (Raiden, anyone)

six

Smash Ace
Bowser85 said:
Obviously he can if that gameplay in the trailer is anything to go by.
Because the real game always turns out exactly like the trailer, right?

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
He looks like he has numerous jumps not flying as such...maybe he's like Peach also as in floating? That'd be broken...as in hed have to be LIGHT.

Paul_713

Smash Rookie
OK I found this online, and want the opinion of some people who are following Super Smash Bros. Brawl more and would beable to give me a excuted opinion as to wether this is real or not.

Character Selection Screen

TTemp

Smash Journeyman
Wow, you know, I hope that thing is real, cuz they need some people from Custom Robo, along with guys from Golden Sun and other classics that came out recently. Man, good find. Please let it be the real thing....

On a side note, my first character picked up in the new game will be......Meta Knight!

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Paul_713 said:
OK I found this online, and want the opinion of some people who are following Super Smash Bros. Brawl more and would beable to give me a excuted opinion as to wether this is real or not.

Character Selection Screen
Sorry, but this is completely fake. As much as everyone wants it to be like this, it isn't. It's been floating around for a while now, long before the trailer was released.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
It's easy to tell because of the character pic graphics. They wouldn't use the Snes look for Mallow and Geno in SSBB.

That does look like a nice character selection though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom