• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I know, that part were the woman is walking, and the fragments make the suit is awesome, my favorite nintendo commercial to date XD... and yeah ur ending was better XD...

T-major

Smash Champion
That's not a bright side! Everyone else is starved for information. You wanted a massive influx of information to learn, such is the nature of human curiosity.(Or something like that)
ZOMG! You are right!!1!!1! *watches discovery channel* ..................................................... ..................................................................... IT'S NOT WORKING!!!!!! D: oh noes! now I can't get my daily intake of massive information influxes (part of your balenced breakfast)!!

.... well...... what is there left to discuss about the confirmed characters?... pretty much every thing has been said already... twice

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Haha, I love Discovery Channel! Mythbusters, It Takes a Thief, and did anyone see the 2057 special recently?

One thing, and I'm fairly confident it hasn't been discussed, is a detail about Metaknight. We all assumed that the sword would make him a unique character because he now has something with which to slice and dice the masses. But, did anyone notice that he seems to posess moves involving his feet? There is a picture on the Dojo of him doing Kirby's Usmash to Link...why wouldn't his strong attack use his stronger weapon? Now this is just one example, I am about to run off to the shower because the events which transpired today left me a filthy individual, and in my briefness I am unable to conjure up images of other attacks with his feet, so I will be brief. See what you come up with, I will not be responding immediately. ;)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The only thing I can think of is costumes, namly Mario's costumes.

I still don't understand why they haven't added his fire flower suit, the racoon suit, Mario without his hat, Mario with his cap put to the side or backwards (gangsta), and Mario in his referee suit like on Super Punch out.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Costumes:
Mario: Racoon, mario with cape (would take it off for <>B), strikers mario
Link: Zora armor, magic armor, dark link on hos he appears in TP *with the red eyes and all*
Zamus: IN M. fusion, after u clear the game, u c samus with normal evry day clothes, why not that?
Wario: Normal plumber look, strikers look
Pit: well give him black clothes and wings, and that will do
Snake: MGS1, MGS3 and why not MGS4 look...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
They can't have fire Mario, he would look to similar to Red Team Luigi.:ohwell:

courtdbrown@place, you will get yelled at if you post twice in a row like you just did. Next time use the EDIT button on the post window. And don't be silly, of course Snake will have a spike.

Stryks

Smash Hero
the edit button is there for a reason, but since its ur 1st 2 posts, its ok I guess XD...
And Rhyme, true, but luigis colors are white/green, and marios should be white/red, anyway theyres a green mario, with the overalls being brown, the rest green, so I guess they can add fire mario rite? XD...
EDIT: Post 2900 F'ck yeah! 100 more!!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wonder how the extra Freeze Frames [will be referred to as FFs from now on] will affect combos. In Sonic Battle [GBA] if you miss with an attack no FFs occur but if you hit FFs start and if you can think fast enough you can create some wicked combos.

I have done it to the point where I have made infinites, unblockables [due to the fact that the enemy was unable to block, much less move during my strung together combo] and a few others ones I probably forgot.

Maybe the old characters will recieve new combos with these extra FFs.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Stryks/Shadenexus: What I was saying was Fire Mario in The New Super Mario Bros. for DS, he is light pink and red, which is similar to Luigi's red costume. Even making it white would be confusing if the Luigi player liked the red costume and would it be reffered to as 'White Mario'?

courtdbrown@place: Do you mean Spike or Meteor Smash? Spike is what Marth and Falco have, everyone else has a meteor smash. In the Nintendo World Trailer, it appeared that Snake did a spike not a meteor smash, but he will have one or the other. That gives me another reason why Pichu wasn't so great, only character without a spiking move(if you count doc's bair...downward trajectory, Shiek's Godsmack obviously spiking move).

Red Exodus: They don't have that in Melee, and from the combo Mario did in the NWT it doesn't appear that they have them in Brawl. Giving FFs to only Sonic makes him broken, I doubt they would make a change such as the addition of FFs so late into development. But, I am not always right.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Oh ok I get ya Rhyme, well guess ur rite, just hpoin mario has the strikers costume... but meh Ill probably main a new character in brawl anyway... *CoughDarksamus,Ridley,machriderorwolfCough*....

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I'm sure Nintendo could find a creative way to work around this, I was just saying that as of now the costumes are not compatible. A strikers costume would be cool, maybe a bit flashy? Unless everyone in that game got one. Strikers Yoshi FTW!

And that's quite a cough you've got there, might want to take something for that.;)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Stryks/Shadenexus: What I was saying was Fire Mario in The New Super Mario Bros. for DS, he is light pink and red, which is similar to Luigi's red costume. Even making it white would be confusing if the Luigi player liked the red costume and would it be reffered to as 'White Mario'?
.[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Well Rhyme, they could make Mario's Fire Flower costume off white instead of bleach white. As for the red part, just do the same thing, change the color scheme of pink or red to crimson red. Also, players wouldn't get confused if they changed the color of the Mario Bros. shoes. How's that for thinkin outside of the box?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
My psychologyst strongly advised against engaging in such activities. Looking through one window and seeing from only that point is how your mind finds closure and allows your subconscious to rest.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Well, I'm the type of person that looks at everything at different angles & at every aspect. I make a Rhyme every time! Yeah, I know that was completely random sis!

Red Exodus

Smash Master

Red Exodus: They don't have that in Melee, and from the combo Mario did in the NWT it doesn't appear that they have them in Brawl. Giving FFs to only Sonic makes him broken, I doubt they would make a change such as the addition of FFs so late into development. But, I am not always right.

I meant that Brawl had more FFs than Melee which could add new exploits which occurs in Sonic Battle which makes Sonic a lot easier to combo with than someone like Tails or Knuckles [IMO Knuckles is one of the worse in Sonic Battle] which have little to no combo ability.

In short, we might have new types of shuffle on our hands, depending on the amount of lag on dash attacks, we might have dash attack shuffles, just like in Sonic Battle.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The FF's were perfect in Smash 64. I wonder why Hal Laboratories changed it on Melee? Some of the characters aerial lag time *coughcoughFoxcoughcough* is ridiculiously fast.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I have yet to discover if FFs create secret combos in SSB64. When I say secret I mean the combo only works if you hit every single time until the opponent gets hit to far or you decide to end the combo.

Which means some people would never discover them because they might have missed in the middle of the combo, which would end it.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
If the "secret combos" had been there this long, and no one's found em, I think that's a pretty well done FF, and shouldn't be too hard to emulate in Brawl. All it needs is to act normally, but cause some delay at the time of impact. And with the knockback calculated in, I'd say it's almost impossible to have any endless combos, FF's or no.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I know, but since I've seen it in Sonic Battle it's possible the increased FFs could bring about secret combos. They pretty much tell Sonic Battle freak [like me, meh I have too much time on my hands] from people who just play easier characters [there's one that you can fully customize, which easy makes him overpowered especially with his ultimate attacks].

I doubt FFs will affect Brawl much, and I certainly hope they don't otherwise Brawl would have characters in the god tier.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
You guys need to stop finding stuff to talk about when I'm not around. Especially if you fill up three pages in a matter of a couple days.

I guess I'll just wait for something interesting to happen u_u;;

And welcome back T ???

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol, I accidentally brought up an off topic ... topic. I think we are running out of steam... :bandit:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Three things to say;

Smoke does not replace steam.

Apperantly, no one but T noticed T gone. :p

We attempt to stimulate the environment of an uneducated populus in hopes of revealing a hidden solution to comfort our fascination.
Me trying to sound smart.
:cool:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I had hoped our society had advanced beyond the point where horny males with aspiration claim their mates. Apperantly maturity is not affected by our culture. :p
What do mean by this? I'm not searching for anyone right now even though I am the Alphamale.

Surrogate sister means that we aren't related by blood or that you aren't my biological sibling. Case in point, it's got nothing & I mean absolutely nothing to do with with sexual references. If ya don't know, now ya know.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Three things to say;

Smoke does not replace steam.

Apperantly, no one but T noticed T gone. :p

We attempt to stimulate the environment of an uneducated populus in hopes of revealing a hidden solution to comfort our fascination.
Me trying to sound smart.
:cool:
Hay wut? I noticed T was gone... after I came back from being gone, which no one noticed either ><;;

Rhyme apparently just learned that big words on the internet make you sound intelectual.

What do mean by this? I'm not searching for anyone right now even though I am the Alphamale.

Surrogate sister means that we aren't related by blood or that you aren't my biological sibling. Case in point, it's got nothing & I mean absolutely nothing to do with with sexual references. If ya don't know, now ya know.

Yeah, I was kind of confused as to what Rhyme was getting at as well. Didn't seem like anyone was getting crazy-obsessed over her being a girl smasher *breathes heavily for a moment*

;p

and shadenexus took away the rest of the glory by explaining the surrogate sibling bit.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hay wut? I noticed T was gone... after I came back from being gone, which no one noticed either ><;;

Rhyme apparently just learned that big words on the internet make you sound intelectual.

Yeah, I was kind of confused as to what Rhyme was getting at as well. Didn't seem like anyone was getting crazy-obsessed over her being a girl smasher *breathes heavily for a moment*

;p

and shadenexus took away the rest of the glory by explaining the surrogate sibling bit.
Yeah, what Rhyme posted really suprised me to. I didn't think of her as the type of person to be offended over something so trival or maybe she didn't know the meaning of "surrogate." Hmph, go figure.

Rhyme

Smash Lord

I misunderstood you. I had to look up the word surrogate for a school project, and well here's what I got: A traditional surrogate is a woman who is inseminated with the sperm of a man who is not her partner in order to conceive and carry a child to be reared by the biological genetic father and his partner. So yeah, I didn't get exactly what you were saying I guess. But I wasn't yelling at you. I thought you were making a joke, so I tried to come up with a confusing way of saying you were immature, hence the ":p". Don't worry, I'm not that easily offended.:cool:

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I misunderstood you. I had to look up the word surrogate for a school project, and well here's what I got: A traditional surrogate is a woman who is inseminated with the sperm of a man who is not her partner in order to conceive and carry a child to be reared by the biological genetic father and his partner. So yeah, I didn't get exactly what you were saying I guess. But I wasn't yelling at you. I thought you were making a joke, so I tried to come up with a confusing way of saying you were immature, hence the ":p". Don't worry, I'm not that easily offended.:cool:
It's all good sis & I was relieved that you weren't offended.

Okay back on topic, I saw a good look at a new Fire Emblem game called "The Goddess of the Dawn" that's going to be on the Wii & the graphics look sweet! I hope & pray that this isn't an indication that Roy & Marth are going to get kicked to curve by Ike from Path of Radiance or the central character of The Goddess of the Dawn, Sothe.

Well anyway, here's the link for more information:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_The_Goddess_of_Dawn

Wrath`

Smash Master
It's wierd.Ever since i heard speculations about ro beeing kicked off I have stated to play as him more often.And I have come to realize he is kick azz and should stay.roy will stay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom