• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Haha, chill Ipslne, we all know by now to ignore them. But it's still fun to read up the Wiki. Such is why I grabbed this, which I believe to be the source of your agrevation.

In August 2006, Saiurai and Miyamoto stated that Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog was the most requested third-arty character to be included. Around the same period of time, Tips and Tricks reported that Miyamoto has stated Nintendo has actually contacted Sega regarding this, and that they're awaiting a final decision. Then, in the Octover 2006 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, he mentioned thet "Sega's hedgehog would be the perfect addition to Brawl's cast." An article in the first issue of a Swedish Nintendo magazine named "+N" makes a report that the known confirmed characters will be in Brawl, along with Sonic the Hedgehog as a playable character, though the magazine's credibility is questioned.

Also, since I'm on the subject, here's the link to the so-called Swedish Nintendo Magazine.

But seriously, I think Ipslne might kill one of these defensless n00bies one day.:laugh:

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah, I agree Rhyme.

Ips, Wikipedia is credible to an extent. I wouldn't use it for a research paper, but for general knowledge on something, it can be helpful.

The problem arises when people don't read. You'd be surprised how many completely illiterate people there are on these forums.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
:( I feel bad now. I took my frustration out on my beloved Wiki. ;p

I had read that article in EGM when it was released, so I do accept that Sonic may very will be part of the new crew. However, Sakurai has done a great job of plainly beating around the bush. So until we actually see Sonic in SSBB visual-context, I wont take speculation as "proof of [Sonic's] confirmed slot in the roster."

Haha, chill Ipslne, we all know by now to ignore them. But it's still fun to read up the Wiki. Such is why I grabbed this, which I believe to be the source of your agrevation.
Yeah, I believe that Sakurai is having fun messing with our heads. I'm sure we can all say with decent certainty that Sonic will be a character... but there is no uncircumstantial proof until it is for us to see. (It makes sense if you don't think too hard about how it doesn't.)

But seriously, I think Ipslne might kill one of these defensless n00bies one day.:laugh:

Hey, newbies (new and deserving of tender love and care [wut?]) are not as defenseless as we'd like to think. They've got crazy mindgames. Pretty much why I go crazy when I read a nubly-post.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I use Wiki for leisurely [sp?] reading up on different topics like tv shows, theories, movies etc etc. Nothing else.

Zink

Smash Champion
Good gravy, I've been playing Viewtiful Joe and... DANG. He is so perfect- he's strong, has varied moves, and he's funny. He'd have the best taunt EVER.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Um, isn't this CONFIRMED character discussion? So far this entire page of posts is about Sonic, Wikipedia, King Dedede, Klonoa and Viewtiful Joe..

.. I don't like the look they chose for fox this time arond.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
yeah, um... no one really pays attention to this thread anymore other than a select few. Those few also happen to frequent the "Who's Going to Return?" thread. Various topics from both threads tend to float between them because of this.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Do you still think fox will have a move set simmilar to his m set now.If reflector goes there will be alot of unhappy shiners out there.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Scary Munky, we have thuroughly discussed the majority of on-topic ideas within this topic, so we deviate. EDIT: Also, I like Fox's new threads.:)

I had noticed that Ipslne, I have been confused by something said in the other thread on many an occasion. If only there were some way to mathematically combine them...hmm...

Wrath or Koarin; The reflector is one of Fox's trademark moves. It might change somewhat(lag, knockback, damage) but the attack itself will always be there. Same goes for unhappy Falco spikers(Shiz comes to mind)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I probably won't even main Fox anymore, Snake, MK and Pit seem to have a lot of potential. Only time will tell my main.

SupremeSwordsman: Roy

Smash Rookie
I think PIT will own over wario because come on a farting special
I do also hope snake is in but also keeping in mind what Zook said they shouldn't change anything to m rated.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I think PIT will own over wario because come on a farting special
I do also hope snake is in but also keeping in mind what Zook said they shouldn't change anything to m rated.

It's your first post, so I'll be nice:

Snake is in the game, check out either of the trailers.

And next time, before you post in a thread (especially a biggie like this) make sure you've at least looked at the first post.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Pertaining to Fox, is it just me (I can't quite remember), but in the trailer where they show Fox, was his gun out the whole time? o.O No more fancy finger spin and putting it away? lol. Maybe I'm recalling wrong.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
lol i just noticed Wario's fart attack when i really looked at the trailer. about 1: 51 into it. and i saw a grenade coming from above so im assuming Snake can throw them however he wants. about 1:52 into the trailer. the axe kick might be up A. i dont see how he could get back to the stage using that move. it does like kind of up B ish lol. but still. people probably knew this already.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
did someone really say the didnt know if snake would be in?
My brain's synapsis briefly went numb when I read that. Quite a few things to say...

I'm glad Ipslne was nice to a n00b for a change. :p

Fox's gun does stay out the entire time, so does ZSS'.

Wario's special isn't a fart, that's just a mechanic they are toying with that charges over time.

Out of the confirmed characters, I will probably play either Wario or Mario. I always wanted to play as Wario, and Mario was good in Melee, but the upgraded Fair looks too nice to pass up.:)

Wrath`

Smash Master
If foxes blaster is out at all times.Wont some of his grabs be changed?

Wario needs that outfit in other mario games too.

Pit=two swords=kick azz

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I agree with one and two; but technicaly, Pit uses daggers, not swords.

Does it matter?

also, I havn't been keeping up to date with Brawl... did I miss anything?
Ha! Ha ha...ha ha ha...ha.
no

EDIT: I just left to watch vids on Youtube and found this vid. It's a remix that I thought was worthy enough to post. Props to the editor, now I just have to wait for someone to comment on how many tags I leave.:cool:

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
lol. it doesnt matter man. Although they are two different weapons, if you look at it they are either short swords, or long dagger. all daggers=short swords, all sword=long daggers. I know they are differences in blade design and such, but whne ur talking over the net, people dont care bout what they say much.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman

Wario's special isn't a fart, that's just a mechanic they are toying with that charges over time.

i didnt say his special move was the fart attack. i just said i noticed him doing the fart move in the gameplay trailer.

T-major

Smash Champion
if you look at it they are either short swords, or long dagger. all daggers=short swords, all sword=long daggers.
... um.. Daggers =/= swords... in ANY way besides the fact that they both have blades and look similar. they are both used entirly differently; so differently in fact, that it could turn people off to a character, simply because they use daggers. it's a preference thing, and preference does matter. Daggers = preference, preference = matters; therefore, Daggers = matters... sooo... yeah, logic pwned you. sorry.

::EDIT::

@quietmuse: ...they thought of him because he was a highly requested character, and because his game is a cult classic with a huge fan base... I don't see why you think he's "gay" (you might want to watch how you use that word...)

Wrath`

Smash Master
Ok this is final Pit is the GAYEST Char in the world

why did nintendo even think of him
No your the gayist charecter. why did the world create you?

Anyway,since I saw the latest trailor i think i will try to mani pit this time around.Ony tho if he flows like falco and gannon did for me in melee

Sensai

Smash Master
Um, isn't this CONFIRMED character discussion? So far this entire page of posts is about Sonic, Wikipedia, King Dedede, Klonoa and Viewtiful Joe..
Welcome to the Brawl part of the boards....
Rhyme said:
I had noticed that Ipslne, I have been confused by something said in the other thread on many an occasion. If only there were some way to mathematically combine them...hmm...
Or just ask a mod to combine them. Jee jee?
Ipslne said:
It's your first post, so I'll be nice:
So sweet of you. I'm sure that man is enjoying dinner with his family right now, talking about how you didn't eat him alive.
about 1: 51 into it. and i saw a grenade coming from above so im assuming Snake can throw them however he wants.
Can anyone confirm this? Did anyone besides me even take NOTE of this!? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!
. all daggers=short swords, all sword=long daggers
This actually isn't technically true...and Pit does use daggers. Given, I would've said swords too, just to make it more clear, but since T-Major's being a Nazi about it and all....:-D
The wrath of Koarin said:
...wow. Can we bask in the incredible lack of knowledge for all things grammar that this sentence shows? I mean, seriously...what the hell? How do you even mess up that badly? Jesus H. Christ man....I'm sure that there are people who don't know English who would laugh at that sentence. So, thanks for a laugh. <3<3

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
... um.. Daggers =/= swords... in ANY way besides the fact that they both have blades and look similar. they are both used entirly differently; so differently in fact, that it could turn people off to a character, simply because they use daggers. it's a preference thing, and preference does matter. Daggers = preference, preference = matters; therefore, Daggers = matters... sooo... yeah, logic pwned you. sorry.

::EDIT::

@quietmuse: ...they thought of him because he was a highly requested character, and because his game is a cult classic with a huge fan base... I don't see why you think he's "gay" (you might want to watch how you use that word...)
That was from perspective. they are both blades, and i said they were different. Just that people will call them swords, because in actually they do looke like sword. Or they are super long Daggers. I mean, they are about the size of his legs, so I dont see how you can even think they are daggers, they may be something of elven short swords ( think legolas).....

if they were daggers, he'd be stabbing you and have extremely small slashes, and if you've watched the vids, you'd see that he uses a long slashing motion. Dagger=Blades, Blade Choice=Preference. Daggers are a weapon, and so are sword. there is a difference, but in Pit's case, not much of a big one.

Zink

Smash Champion
Sensai, that "grenade" was noted a while ago, and it was concluded after frame-by-frame analysis that it's actually part of the Halberd, not a grenade.

T-major

Smash Champion
That was from perspective. they are both blades, and i said they were different. Just that people will call them swords, because in actually they do looke like sword. Or they are super long Daggers. I mean, they are about the size of his legs, so I dont see how you can even think they are daggers, they may be something of elven short swords ( think legolas).....

if they were daggers, he'd be stabbing you and have extremely small slashes, and if you've watched the vids, you'd see that he uses a long slashing motion. Dagger=Blades, Blade Choice=Preference. Daggers are a weapon, and so are sword. there is a difference, but in Pit's case, not much of a big one.
*sigh* ... fine... their swords. I just don't want to argue this.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
*sigh* ... fine... their swords. I just don't want to argue this.
Three cheers for BigT being the better person and ending this rediculous feud. Now I will no longer be annoyed by it. XD

Sensai, that "grenade" was noted a while ago, and it was concluded after frame-by-frame analysis that it's actually part of the Halberd, not a grenade.
DuH!

:-D...wow. Can we bask in the incredible lack of knowledge for all things grammar that this sentence shows? I'm sure that there are people who don't know English who would laugh at that sentence. So, thanks for a laugh. <3<3
Agreed, horrible grammar.

Correction: *Why would two insugnificant people create you?*

Daggers = preference, preference = matters; therefore, Daggers = matters... sooo... yeah, logic pwned you. sorry.

I don't see why you think he's "gay" (you might want to watch how you use that word...)
Logic does in fact pwn all. :laugh: I love it! Why is everyone obsessed with claiming that people use the word "gay" improperly? Gay, when used in refrencing anything besides a (wo)man, is not used in a derogatory fashion. I don't see why users must continue with the 'gay-hater' mentality, just give it a rest already. Shesh!

[/color][/font][/b]

i didnt say his special move was the fart attack. i just said i noticed him doing the fart move in the gameplay trailer.
Ooh, I thought that was what you were saying...anyway carry on...nothing to see here.

ok then... well, look on the bright side; now I don't need to learn a bunch of new things! :D
That's not a bright side! Everyone else is starved for information. You wanted a massive influx of information to learn, such is the nature of human curiosity.(Or something like that)

EDIT: Stryks, nice vid as well. The part with ZSS, I almost cried.:colorful: But the ending of mine was better. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom