• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
yeah they will look very similair, but without the cape, sword and wings, u can easily tell them apart, not to mention the diference in skin colro... im not a racist im just saying...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Me, I say Kirby should get Metaknight's mask, cape, and wings. He does not get the sword or glowing eyes. The sword is the predominant difference between the two.

More likely...Kirby gets the mask and nothing else.

I'm anxious to see Sonic-Kirby!
:cool:

Stryks

Smash Hero
wow... I never tought of sonic-kirby... man that would look so weird... I doubt kirby gets the cape, it would easily confused the player when one is using MK and the other kirby, I just think he'll get the mask... sonic-kirby... that would look SO weird...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
We shall classify Sonic Kirby in the list of growing weird costumes Nintendo is creating...

Liberty Spikes Kirby(Sonic)
Mullet Kirby(Marth)
Gay Kirby(Ganon) notice the nicely gelled hair
Chameleon Kirby(Mewtwo)
Shiite Kirby(Shiek)

Technically, discussing Kirby's many costumes is discussing an aspect of a confirmed character, right? We aren't that far off-topic, are we?

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
i heard there will be 5 characters from playstation games?
anyone think its true?
Couple of things wrong with that.

# 1: impossible...... unless the characters have appeared on a Nintendo console before.
# 2: even so, since Snake, Sakurai stated only 1-2 more non-Nintendo characters will be in the game, and many of us know Sonic is a shoe-in.

Sensai

Smash Master
I think to say that only 1 or 2 new characters is intended to mean EXACTLY 1 or 2 is a little much of a stretch.

Although...I don't see 5 more 3rd party characters in, either. So, 1 or 2 might be right on track.

And I think the only thing Kirby should get from Metaknight is the cape and a sword, as a sword will probably be Meta's B move.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I say Kirby gets elven ears from Link.

Sensai, Kirby doesn't walk around with Marth's sword even though that's his B move, he just inherits the mullet. Why should he get Meta's sword?(besides the fact that it's cooler than Marth's)

Sensai

Smash Master
Rhyme said:
Sensai, Kirby doesn't walk around with Marth's sword even though that's his B move, he just inherits the mullet. Why should he get Meta's sword?(besides the fact that it's cooler than Marth's)
Let me answer this question gently.

Why should get a sword? Why? Because METANKIGHT FREAKIN' OWNS.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.

I own as well. By that logic, if Kirby ate me, he'd inherit my rough charm and stunning good looks, as well as the Homer Simpson shirt, Khaki pants and emo glasses I'm wearing. But will he truly get? That's right, the runs.

Speaking of jet lag, hope everyone had a good most of January without me. Later.

Andy

Stryks

Smash Hero

But dude, when he swallows marth/roy/link he doesnt get the sword, he doesnt get fox's blaster UNTIL he uses the attack, thus why when absorbing MK, why should he get the sword as part of the hat, he should get the sword ONLY when he uses the B move he copied, and that is IF MKs B move uses the sword, which Im pretty sure he will, but never the less, consider the facts...

Sensai

Smash Master
The rAt said:
I own as well. By that logic, if Kirby ate me, he'd inherit my rough charm and stunning good looks, as well as the Homer Simpson shirt, Khaki pants and emo glasses I'm wearing.
Then he could go to Europe and cry and cut his wrists too? Just like you?

<3, welcome back (again). Hope the jet lag isn't taking too much outta you (no pun intended).

And the truth of the matter is, concerning Kirby swallowing Metaknight (let's see who'll go for the easy gay joke...), that I just didn't think it through very clearly.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
... I see an even easier gay joke between you two here.

But hey, I'm not a hater. Threesome anyone?

(quick someone find a way to incorperate this w/ SSB so I don't get banned)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Don't tell me this gonna derailed like the Unbelievable! thread and be 150 posts about what Kirby inherits from Meta Knight (<-Correct spelling BTW.)

So...um...ya. Snake's grenades (if someone calls them 'nades' I'm gonna freakin' hunt you down)...How should they be used? Like in the MGS games where you hold and he caulks his arm back and if you hold it too long it blows you up? Kinda like Link's bow but more of a lob. Or should it be more like Yoshi's eggs; awkward but awesome?

spazza

Smash Rookie
Don't tell me this gonna derailed like the Unbelievable! thread and be 150 posts about what Kirby inherits from Meta Knight (<-Correct spelling BTW.)

So...um...ya. Snake's grenades (if someone calls them 'nades' I'm gonna freakin' hunt you down)...How should they be used? Like in the MGS games where you hold and he caulks his arm back and if you hold it too long it blows you up? Kinda like Link's bow but more of a lob. Or should it be more like Yoshi's eggs; awkward but awesome?
i think it should be like links bow. i HATE yoshi's eggs. sooooo annoying.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace

I was thinking something either like Link's bomb's, or Peach's turnips.

Oh, and Kirby Should get Meta Knight's cape from copying

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I could see grenades being his neutral B. The longer you hold it, the further it goes with a set arc depending on the power; tapping the B buttun would result in dropping the grenade. And to get specific... I'd give it a 5 second fuse.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Snakes recover move=??????????

his bombs didnt have a fuse in the game so why have a fuse now?what bomb would he use,stun,frag,c4.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
They, uh... DO have a fuse in the game. That's why they explode a period of time after you pull the pin.

Do understand the concept of a fuse or do you think it's always a string sticking out of a bomb?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
They, uh... DO have a fuse in the game. That's why they explode a period of time after you pull the pin.

Do understand the concept of a fuse or do you think it's always a string sticking out of a bomb?
Would Snake damage himself if he held it too long or it exploded at his feet?

Oh, and Kirby Should get Meta Knight's cape from copying
Nnnoooooooo! Don't get us back on that blasted topic!

I could see grenades being his neutral B. The longer you hold it, the further it goes with a set arc depending on the power; tapping the B buttun would result in dropping the grenade. And to get specific... I'd give it a 5 second fuse.
Nice. Couldn't do it better myself.

i think it should be like links bow. i HATE yoshi's eggs. sooooo annoying.
Yoshi's eggs were the bomb! Easy to use after a few minutes of practice, but hard for your opponent to predict. Plus, they can be used to lift someone off the ground for Uair juggling or an alternate way to quickly grab edge while edgeguarding. You can lightly lob a grenade and then ledgegrab, which is awesome.:cool:

if someone calls them 'nades' I'm gonna freakin' hunt you down
'Nades nades nad*cough* I'm scared to say it 3 times.:laugh: jp:p

<3, welcome back (again). Hope the jet lag isn't taking too much outta you (no pun intended).

And the truth of the matter is, concerning Kirby swallowing Metaknight (let's see who'll go for the easy gay joke...), that I just didn't think it through very clearly.
Why does Sensai get to make a joke but I don't? So unfair.:(

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I love Yoshi's eggs! They have helped me many many times in the past. The only change I want Yoshi to have is to have his eggs be B-over, and for him to get a third jump for his B-up, even though this is definatly not going to happen.

Wrath`

Smash Master

I understand the concept
Why dont you go play mgs 2 again hold a grenade out in your hand and not watch it exsplode:burst:

Sensai

Smash Master
This whole Snake-grenades thing (<3 Devas) doesn't make any sense to me...

Why wouldn't it be just like Link's bombs, in every single aspect? Why would it be ANYTHING else? Just to mix it up?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I understand the concept
Why dont you go play mgs 2 again hold a grenade out in your hand and not watch it exsplode:burst:
Because it does?
This whole Snake-grenades thing (<3 Devas) doesn't make any sense to me...

Why wouldn't it be just like Link's bombs, in every single aspect? Why would it be ANYTHING else? Just to mix it up?
I think "just to mix it up" is the only reason they need. They could make it be used as Ipslne described and when they hit they're maybe a little weaker (though they do look smaller) than the turnips but explode no matter what when their timer runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom