• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I understand the concept
Why dont you go play mgs 2 again hold a grenade out in your hand and not watch it exsplode:burst:
Alright, you can equip grenades and not have them explode. Prep to throw them by holding square... hold square too long AND GUESS WHAT?! yeah. they explode. in your hand. And you take damage, even from chaff grenades.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think the major difference [between Snake's 'nades [=p] and Link's bombs] would be whether Snake's 'nades [=p] are frags or timer 'nades [=p].

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
snake

What if snake had frag nades that woked like the stars when yoshi ground pounds? That would be a neat way to really annoy an opponent from a distance :laugh:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Probably time, so when they hit an object they bounce, and if they hit and enemy if makes them flinch then a blows up faster or slower depending on how long you held it, I don't know, just a thought for the 'nades =p .

Stryks

Smash Hero
As we slowly build Devastlian's hitlist.;)

What type of grenade would Snake inherit for Brawl? Cuz...you know...it might matter.
Im hoping just explosives, but maybe a flash grenade can temporarly stun an oponent, dependng on how far he was from the balst, so u can smash him/her/it when he/she/it is vulnerable...

Sensai

Smash Master
Smoke Grenades. Because it would make some battles effin' awesome.

You know it would be cool!

(I have no idea, nor do I really care. They're probably just going to be normal grenades.)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im hoping the grenades dont look like the grenades in CS 1.6, they look like cans for god sake, anyway, tough the smoke grenades would be cool, I find it unlikely, I doubt some character stays inside the smoke and goes,: "Where is everybody", unless its an effect, like if u get close of the smoke ull get distracted, thus vulnerable, but doubt it, I believe I saw snake using explosive grenades in the 2nd trailer, not once but twice, so we can pretty much confirm explosive grenades...

Wrath`

Smash Master
WHy not flash gernades.When it goes off the screen flashes for a sec. and then the other player's characters go in to a shield just broken daze.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
There would have to be some sort of huge lag for Snake if that were the case (with the flash grenades). Any attack that will make the enemy completely vulnerable is lame imo.

Stryks

Smash Hero
well just paralized enough for u to hit him/her/it with a smash attack/special attack, It would be kidna like jiglypuffs sing, tough jiggly can only attack AFTER shes done singing, so I was thinking snake throws the flash grenade, he has to get far from the blast, flash goes off, stunning everyone in range, then snake has to run back if he wants to him them... I dont know, Im hoping the flash grenades dont get in anyway...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The lag from a flash 'nade [ =p ] would have to be incredibly long or it would have to be easy to avoid otherwise it would be overpowered.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
'nade [ =p ]
No...just...no. I can imagine Devastlian is unhappy now. I did it as a joke once, he/she probably did the same. But jokes tend to grow old ya' know?

I think that the grenade he throws should be 'randomized' like Peach's vegetables. You can get either: Flash(imobilize all characters within a radius for a short time, like rest time increases with damage, includes Snake), Smoke(creates a cloud, players slowly take damage while in it and move more sluggishly, Frag(high knockback grenade which does medium damage and has small range), HE(good range, fire element, lower knockback, higher damage). Plus, maybe throw in one or two grenades from his game. Note that all grenades can damage/affect Snake himself.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I wouldnt like the random grenade, seeing how the grenade will probably be his main B move, the axe kick being the upb, and the cardboard box maybe some sort of shield for DownB, ... maybe tranquilizer for <>B (not real-world guns I know, but cmon its a TRANQUILIZER, it wont blow marios face off...) u knwo t stun oponents, I dont know, point is random grenades= No IMO...

marth's son 10

Smash Cadet
Dude, is Snake even that good? I've never played any of his games, so will someone tell me why his grenades are so important and if he'll be an asset to Brawl?

Zink

Smash Champion
Axe kick as up-B? Buh? Looks much more like a fair to me. It just isn't flashy enough, and it doesn't seem to give much distance.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Rhyme wins again with ideas. Though I wonder what you mean by grenades from his game. Those are all grenades from his game (except I'm pretty sure the "HE" grenade was the Phosphorus in MGS3).

And if we're still wondering about Snake's B moves, considering that Nintendo wants this to be "family friendly," I'd put my money on these:

Neutral-B: Grenade or Nikita Missile (controls similar to Ness' Up-B)

Side-B: Whichever of the above the neutral-B isn't.

Down-B: As much as I'd find the "book" hilarious, it's highly unlikely. Probably Claymores.

Up-B: Alright, so maybe I wouldn't bet on knowing this one... Maybe a parachute? Otacon rides in on a helicopter and does some stuff? How the hell would I know ,><,*?!!!

Heh I'm so done here.

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
Rhyme wins again with ideas. Though I wonder what you mean by grenades from his game. Those are all grenades from his game (except I'm pretty sure the "HE" grenade was the Phosphorus in MGS3).

And if we're still wondering about Snake's B moves, considering that Nintendo wants this to be "family friendly," I'd put my money on these:

Side-B: Whichever of the above the neutral-B isn't.

Down-B: As much as I'd find the "book" hilarious, it's highly unlikely. Probably Claymores.

Up-B: Alright, so maybe I wouldn't bet on knowing this one... Maybe a parachute? Otacon rides in on a helicopter and does some stuff? How the hell would I know ,><,*?!!!

Heh I'm so done here.
His Down-B will be the box, mark my words. As for Up-B, I really don't know...maybe he'll pull out one of those flying scouts with machine guns from MGS2.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Though I wonder what you mean by grenades from his game. Those are all grenades from his game (except I'm pretty sure the "HE" grenade was the Phosphorus in MGS3).
I said "more from his game" because if you recall, I havn't played the MGS games, and didn't know if there were any other creative grenades I forgot. I was going off my favorite grenades from Coded Arms(PSP) and changing their effects to fit Smash.

I assume that the Nikita Missile is some sort of player controled homing device? It would probably move more the average speed of Samus' Homing Missile, with 'some' added knockback.

Claymores? I'm gonna have to say Cardboard Box. ;)

Did Snake use any propultion/transportation devices in any of his games? If such is the case, a modified version of one of his devices will be his upB. I could vision a parachute, but that would only work in Brawl if they added some jump beforehand(Peach).

My guess, he willuse a grappling hook launched from a gun. The hook is attached to a rope about as long as the sweetspoted recovery of Falco's upB. Now before you complain about range, I must also note that the hook can be thrown in any 360 degree direction. Also, to stop the attack you must attack Snake, not the hook. I suppose that, if Snake is able to grab some part of the level but not the edge, he would get another upB?

He would be like Shiek...horrible recovery range, but if you're close you're gonna get on. Snake = TOP TIER RECOVERY! W00T!:psycho:

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I said "more from his game" because if you recall, I havn't played the MGS games, and didn't know if there were any other creative grenades I forgot. I was going off my favorite grenades from Coded Arms(PSP) and changing their effects to fit Smash.
Heh, I forgot that bit u_u;; Though you did bring up a pretty good idea. I also forgot that Snake has Chaff grenades. I don't know how they'd play out in the context of the game... possibley limit all players to Smashes and tilts? In other words, no B-moves? It would make knocking out opponents much easier, though the same goes for Snake. And if the grenades are randomized it could be the more rare of the others.

I assume that the Nikita Missile is some sort of player controled homing device? It would probably move more the average speed of Samus' Homing Missile, with 'some' added knockback.
It's a player controlled missile. It would be similar to Samus' homing missile, but you would be the one controlling it. In the context of MGS, when you fire it and it and you don't give it a direction, it speeds up. As soon as you give it a direction, it will slow down but turn quickly.

Claymores? I'm gonna have to say Cardboard Box. ;)
xD lol I completely forgot about the box. Maybe his shield? (i.e. Yoshi's egg?)

Did Snake use any propultion/transportation devices in any of his games? If such is the case, a modified version of one of his devices will be his upB. I could vision a parachute, but that would only work in Brawl if they added some jump beforehand(Peach).

My guess, he willuse a grappling hook launched from a gun. The hook is attached to a rope about as long as the sweetspoted recovery of Falco's upB. Now before you complain about range, I must also note that the hook can be thrown in any 360 degree direction. Also, to stop the attack you must attack Snake, not the hook. I suppose that, if Snake is able to grab some part of the level but not the edge, he would get another upB?
None that I can think of... though the grappling idea wouldn't be bad. It's not like they haven't come up with movesets featuring attacks that haven't existed beforehand for the respective character. I would imagine though, even with the directional advantage, that after hooking the stage, recovery would be the same as Link/YL and Samus.

He would be like Shiek...horrible recovery range, but if you're close you're gonna get on. Snake = TOP TIER RECOVERY! W00T!:psycho:
You're bloody insane. I love it ;p

Stryks

Smash Hero
Guys if u check the 2nd trailer, right after u c "SNAKE", and after the punch x2, kick combo, u can c he does what I call an axe kick to link, notice hes jumpin and doing the attack (u can barely c him jumpin, but u can) l8r, when mario, link, wario and snake are on the yoshis island stage, notice he does the same attack but does not jump, and gets hit by marios smashA, now an A attack that u can do on the ground AND in the air? doubt it, I believe its his UpB, like link for example, when he does the spin attak on the ground he just stays there and does it, but in the air he does it way diferent, same with snake, on the ground he just does the axe kick, but on the air he propels himself upward and does the kick, thus, I believe its his upB... if anyone wants to debate this then lets get in on XD...
The axe kick is the UpB MARK MY WORDS...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well its a powerful axe kick, lol, I dont know I like it, I wouldnt like a parachute or something similair, no offense, I like the kick XD...

yoshinator331

Smash Cadet
after thinking over what I saw in the vid, I've noticed that mario still has a move like his fair, but it appears to no longer br a meteor spike. DO you think that nintendo will take out meteor spikes in brawl?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
after thinking over what I saw in the vid, I've noticed that mario still has a move like his fair, but it appears to no longer br a meteor spike. DO you think that nintendo will take out meteor spikes in brawl?
If you notice, Mario's Fair now functions like DK's Fair. Lots of start up lag, decent cool down, and you can either hit the opponent away or spike them depending on their position. Just wanted to say that because it felt SO RIGHT!:laugh:

Mario's Fair was quicker than in Melee, both Snake and Metaknight have shown quick Dairs. My guess is that the timing for meteors was changed to spikes. They will activate more quickly than in Melee and can be jump cancled like in Melee.

I know how Sheik looks in Brawl!

(Insert Pic)

Just like that. :)
*Laughs* All the pieces are coming together.

Well its a powerful axe kick, lol, I dont know I like it, I wouldnt like a parachute or something similair, no offense, I like the kick XD...
I'm guessing the axe kick is Snake's Fair. He archs in his jump right after the attack, and notice little lag where usually upB equals increased lag. Plus it's not like we havn't seen Fairs that lift the opponent in the past(Mewtwo).

Snake = blows Rhyme.

And I like the idea of Snake's grenades being randomized...but no stitch face.
And Rhyme goes to bed happy.:grin:

If they do what Ipslne says, the Stitch-of-'Nades will be the chaff grenade.

EDIT:
You're bloody insane. I love it ;p
Um...thanks?

What I was getting at was this; sure Snake's recovery would be grapple grab style like Samus/Link/Y. Link, but that was their alternate recovery move. If Snake was designed how I thought he would be, the grapple IS his upB, not a grab. Rules of Smash say that once you upB you fall helplessly, but you can't have Snake be capable of grabbing the level and then just fall. So do you give him another upB? As long as the range isn't too long it could work.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I see what you're getting at. I think if that were the case, Snake would be given a jump if he doesn't sweetspot the edge. In the same way that the other grapple characters kind of hop up after they get anything below the edge. The only difference is that Snake would only get that jump and nothing else until hit again.

The pro here is Snake being able to aim the grappling hook in the first place.

Oh dammit you've got me needlessly speculating again u_u;

Sensai

Smash Master
No, it probably just signifies the sharpened ax looming over Doc's head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom