• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boricuaboy

Smash Apprentice

This thread is dissapointing all of a sudden. So, for ****s and giggles (as well as to make an incredibly valid point), I want everyone who's played the SNES's Mega Man X to make it obvious that they've done so, by doing this:

/raises hand

I'm pretty sure that this EXTENSIVE research will find those that have played MMX realize that MM would certainly not be a clone of Samus. Sure, there's a possibility, but as someone earlier said, Link and Marth have similarities, too.

yea i think that they can make megaman with different moves he should float like peach..

bluebomber22

Smash Champion

This thread is dissapointing all of a sudden. So, for ****s and giggles (as well as to make an incredibly valid point), I want everyone who's played the SNES's Mega Man X to make it obvious that they've done so, by doing this:

/raises hand

I'm pretty sure that this EXTENSIVE research will find those that have played MMX realize that MM would certainly not be a clone of Samus. Sure, there's a possibility, but as someone earlier said, Link and Marth have similarities, too.
/raises hand

MEGA MAN and Samus will not be clones for all of the reasons stated earlier by Stryks, T-Major, myself and others, and also for the fact that there is no zero-suit mega man

Stryks

Smash Hero
/Raises BOTH hands

Like Bluebomber said, I have stated many reasons why megaman will NEVER EVER be a clone, hell i'll put it this way, if megaman is a samus clone in brawl I will personally use my shotgun to shoot every cat I see for the next year (check my profile its my hobbie)... yeah...

*CoughtTogreenpeaceandeveryotheranimalprotectiongroup:Idontshootcatsreally...Cough*... Man its freakin cold today!...

Sensai

Smash Master
Ah, T-Major. Your logic is a breath of fresh air.

Strykes...this whole cat thing has gotta get fixed. Fo' re re, not fo' play play.

And there are times in the games (I played them all up 'til X3, 'cause I didn't have a Playstation until I outgrew Megaman - that, or it just went to hell after X3) where Megaman takes off his helmet, at least. Whether he takes off his suit or not, I don't quite remember.

I do remember, however, that every time he took off his helmet, I thought to myself '****! My hair looks exactly like his!'

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Here's a shot of him without his suit from Mega Man 4:

I don't think they'd be able to retexture Samus in order to make Mega Man a clone. All the MegaMans are built pretty different from the Power Suit, whether it be their large heads or large feet or what not. And, not only does he have different moves, but the way he stands, runs, shoots, jumps etc. (which he should keep so as to remain faithful to his games like the other characters do) are all very different. It's, like, mind-numbingly different, too. Like I feel bad for making all the people saying they'll be clones look so darn stupid. :/

Sensai

Smash Master
Thanks for finding that picture. I knew there was one, I just couldn't remember where so I left it out of my post on the off chance that I was making it up.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
i don't want megaman to be clone either, i was thinking wouldn't it be cool if mm could use his wall sliding technique like he does in the x series.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Seriously u gotta be kiddin, Megaman adn samus WILL NEVER BE CLONES!!...

samus (at least in smash) cant move while charging...
As T said, it would be a complete waste to obtain the rights to Megaman, only to make him a Samus clone.

The at least in Smash is very necessary here. In Metroid, Samus can run and jump while charging the Power Beam, at least in the GCN versions. Also, she could not hold a charge. In Melee, she couldn't move or charge in mid-air, but got to hold her charge. If they mixed her up so much in Melee, the same could happen to Megaman. I get the feeling that Nintendo thought making the beam the way it was in Metroid would be broken so they changed it. Nintendo would then obviously not make Megaman able to move and charge, unless I missed something important here...

Actually MegaMan should be heavier, or it seems like he should be.

EDIT: 100th post! Whoopdydoo.
I agree, I recently watched Megaman being played for the XBOX(one of the remake collection type disks...on and off while playing Melee). Megaman's movement most closely resembled Falcon's, so he should be a fastfaller, probably heavier too. It depends on what they need to do to balance him...Falcon was fairly heavy and a fastfaller, thus had bad recovery. It would be too top tier of Nintendo to give Megaman a good recovery if he is a heavy fastfaller as well.

i don't want megaman to be clone either, i was thinking wouldn't it be cool if mm could use his wall sliding technique like he does in the x series.
The wall-sliding move could end up being a new aspect to the game's physics. You never know...I hope so.

gamerkid789

Smash Cadet
um theres a thread to talk about megaman so why is everyone getting off topic ,this is for confirmed characters not for people that have no chance of being in brawl(end of story lets move on)

T-major

Smash Champion
um theres a thread to talk about megaman so why is everyone getting off topic ,this is for confirmed characters not for people that have no chance of being in brawl(end of story lets move on)
although I disagree to no ends with your "Megaman has no chance of being in Brawl" statement. I do agree that this is off topic, so lets... not be off topic..

Stryks

Smash Hero
depends, Zamus has sheik-like moves, thus she would be sweet, but gotta go with snake, bazooka in da face FTW!...

Gamerkid Megaman has a high chance, u sir dont know what ur talkin about...

Uchiha no Riku

Smash Cadet
hi ! i just want to know how its goin the confirmed and semi-confirmed character table atm i heard some rumor about some new character confirmed but i cant belived that so i want to know the current ones atm. thx ^^

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I would win. End of story.

(Zamus, because Snake shouldn't even be in a Smash game to begin with.)
Nope, gotta disagree with you Sensai. A real Alphamale like my buddy Snake should be in the game. He may not deserve it, however, he's paved the way for other third party characters perhaps in a Super Smash Bros. Brawl Special Edition (if they ever make it). This would be a modified version of Brawl with more stuff that you can do & more third party characters. Don't ask me why because I just have a sixth sense when it comes to these things.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Hmmmm, I think.... Snake would win. I haven't seen much of ZS in action but from what I've seen Snake do he could seriously whoop some *ss.

Sensai

Smash Master
Shade, I completely and 100% don't understand your last sentence.

I think I'm just a Smash purist: I want only Nintendo characters in there. Period.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Shade, I completely and 100% don't understand your last sentence.

I think I'm just a Smash purist: I want only Nintendo characters in there. Period.
I'll elaborate on this more, I'm saying if Snake turned out to be one of your top-tier characters or your main, would you want to see him in another Smash game beyond Brawl? That's all.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ah....well, I dunno. I know it's a hypothetical question, but...

I don't see myself ever playing Snake. Sure, I know Sheik's a high-tier character, and I'm sure that I could become good with her. The thing is, is that I just don't wanna, ya dig? The same will happen with Snake. It's just someone that I'd rather beat against a wall then play with.

Camerican

Smash Apprentice
lol, in a nintendo game what are you thinking!?, but you just made me picture the chick from bloodranye kinda ripping some of the nintendochars to peices well jumping around in the buff cause i just think that would be cool

Meta Knight will own over Snake.

Wario will own over Snake.

And, I hope, Pichu will own over all, including Snake.

Anyways, I hope some of the 3rd party characters won't get the game rated M. Blood, sexual themes, and gore just don't seem to fit in with Smash.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ah....well, I dunno. I know it's a hypothetical question, but...

I don't see myself ever playing Snake. Sure, I know Sheik's a high-tier character, and I'm sure that I could become good with her. The thing is, is that I just don't wanna, ya dig? The same will happen with Snake. It's just someone that I'd rather beat against a wall then play with.
I know exactly where you are comin from bro!

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^Random!

And what could they POSSIBLY do to get it over Teen? I cannot even begin to imagine what they would have to pull....'sides blood, haha.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Maybe if they add sexual themes then they will definately make it over the Teen rating. Of course, SSB games will never have that in there because it's just so pointless! That and blood & gore.

Sensai

Smash Master
Since Smash will definitely not have any blood (seriously, it wouldn't be Smash with it), the only way to get it over a teen rating would be to throw in some sexual themes. And considering what Peach is like in Strikers and what Z Samus looks like...hell, I wouldn't be surprised.

Now we've got Snake, too. Him and Z Samus'll probably do the dirty once or twice.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
As far as I know Okami has the most warnings and is still teen.

This sounds impossible but Okami has suggestive themes, partial nudity [I think], blood, gore, violence reference to alcohol and 1 or 2 other things but it's still rated teen. When I saw it I freaked out I was like 'WTF?????????? That's insane!!1!111!!one!'

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
Or he could throw explosives below himself to give him an extra boost up, also damaging himself a little in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom