• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamism

Smash Lord

Clearly you weren't here for the Banana Peel update.

I'm actually starting to enjoy the music updates. Granted, not so much so as the Character and Stage updates, but I'll be pretty busy appreciating them to their fullest once the game actually comes out. I won't have time for the music then. But right now, I can't play the game yet, so music isn't a negative in my book.

That said, I'll be rather disappointed if we don't get a character or a stage tommorrow.
Banana peel rockS!!!!

possibly the worst update yet...

Oh joy, I'm gunna add this to my iPod without hesitation!

/sarcasm
Already did (no sarcasm)

What is the website you boneheads?

EDIT:

:p
what...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Love the music. But dag-nabbit, they had to go and synthesize it instead of giving it a full orchestral background. I guess having a full orchestra costs some big bills. Oh well, not much to complain about other than that. I was expecting Peach today, but that's probably tomorrow. I'll be rather surprised if we get her Friday, and even MORE surprised if we don't get a character this week at all.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
lmao!

Anywho, I'm really disappointed that we got Ike's Moves, instead of Zelda's. At this rate, all newly added characters get their updates first.

Peach, Shiek, or Ganondorf Tommorow FTW.
This made realize something, Mario, Link, Kirby and some others, have been on the site for a while and we haven't got the special moves. It must mean they'll have the same moveset they had in Melee for Brawl

Wreked

Smash Lord
This made realize something, Mario, Link, Kirby and some others, have been on the site for a while and we haven't got the special moves. It must mean they'll have the same moveset they had in Melee for Brawl
I really hope Sakurai doesn't waste an update on this. You should all assume that all returning characters will have almost the exact same moveset. Unless he changes are very important move, the only move i'm interested in is Zelda down b.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Convenient.
Very much so. :) Would it were so easy that all of my yens produced a corresponding update!

Good point. Hey Aeris, could you look forward to seeing Game'N'Watch or Peach or Captain Falcon?

EDIT: Dratted font! And I can't fix it by editing, either...
I've actually been looking forward to Peach since the website began, but this week especially. My desires are solely directed at the Princess now that Skyworld's music has been revealed.

Love the music. But dag-nabbit, they had to go and synthesize it instead of giving it a full orchestral background. I guess having a full orchestra costs some big bills. Oh well, not much to complain about other than that. I was expecting Peach today, but that's probably tomorrow. I'll be rather surprised if we get her Friday, and even MORE surprised if we don't get a character this week at all.
Agreed on all counts. At least the MIDI is better than Melee's MIDI--which was good in its own right. And even if none of Brawl's music is truly orchestrated, we can always look forward to the prospect of another Smashing...Live! concert. :grin:
I'm definitely going, and you are all more than welcome to tag along.

Toniiiiiiiiiiight, toniiiiiiiiiight, Peach will be seen toniiiiiiiiiight, tonight there will be noooooooooooo crappy updaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates....
Toniiiiiiiiiiight, toniiiiiiiiiight, I'll see my Peach toniiiiiiiiiight, and for uuuuuuuuus stars will stooooooooooooop where they aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare....

;)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I think that's assuming an awful lot. I mean, yeah, I don't imagine their moves will change much myself. But I think saying "it must mean they'll have the same moveset. . . ." is a bit dangerous.

chansen

Smash Lord
Circus has a point, we can't assume to much or our hopes will be dashed. But we doknow mario and links FS, but kirby is still a mystery. I think they will release some of that when more characters have been introduced and the community is happy.

dirkus

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Circus has a point, we can't assume to much or our hopes will be dashed. But we doknow mario and links FS, but kirby is still a mystery. I think they will release some of that when more characters have been introduced and the community is happy.

dirkus
Kirbys is a mystery? i thot it was that Chef thing from the trailer? did u mean mystery by wut it does?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yes but we still don't know what it does or how it works. (I saw this on Youtube>) In the game where it was used, Kirby bangs his spoon and the enemies onscreen would jump into the pot. Might this be done with Kirby's FS in Brawl, it could result in some heavy Kirby approval. That move would be so imbalanced. Maybe if Kirby were to smack his enemies with the spoon and they flew into the pot it would make more sense.

EDIT:
And be a lot more fair.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
This Smash bros. know one cares about fairness
...:confused:

Well, I do. Even though I play Peach (who is flawed in her own right, by the way), I sympathize with the plights of the fans of Bowser, Mewtwo and any other character that was unnecessarily subpar. I would love to see a more balanced game.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Very much so. :) Would it were so easy that all of my yens produced a corresponding update!

Toniiiiiiiiiiight, toniiiiiiiiiight, Peach will be seen toniiiiiiiiiight, tonight there will be noooooooooooo crappy updaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates....
Toniiiiiiiiiiight, toniiiiiiiiiight, I'll see my Peach toniiiiiiiiiight, and for uuuuuuuuus stars will stooooooooooooop where they aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare....

;)
I'd pay a respectable amount of money if a chant as such could bring about the inclusion of Dark Samus in the playable roster. :chuckle:

Oh, I thought of a better response for before...

"That's not ironic, it's just coincidental."

Can you guess which show this is from? Or, better yet, who says it? The episode, perhaps...

I'll get to reading everything that has been posted, just not right now. I was reading, though not by choice ((EDIT: Forgot this parenthesis)) ->(<-College recommended), Dave Eggers' What is the What, and decided that my break should somehow involve a Smashboards visit. ^^

P.S. It'd be nice to get a Peach update tonight (4am EST is it?), not only because I'm interested to hear anything Mr. Sakurai is willing to give away regarding changes made to her, but also because her "timely" appearance will add some wishfull credibility to Aeris' new-found ability. Then, just maybe, we'll get Peach's stage on Friday, more than likely accompanied by some wonderfull screenshots which showcase a couple of her moves. I'm predicting something Super-Mario-Advanced-2-esq.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
That actually isn't true, Dyce. I think it was Gimpyfish, he plays Bowser, who said that most of the gratitude he gets from winning is the fact that he did it with a bottom tier character. Same with T0MMY, 5th best pichu, and T!MMY, probably the best kirby.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
P.S. It'd be nice to get a Peach update tonight (4am EST is it?), not only because I'm interested to hear anything Mr. Sakurai is willing to give away regarding changes made to her, but also because her "timely" appearance will add some wishfull credibility to Aeris' new-found ability.
I believe it is 3AM EST.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
That actually isn't true, Dyce. I think it was Gimpyfish, he plays Bowser, who said that most of the gratitude he gets from winning is the fact that he did it with a bottom tier character. Same with T0MMY, 5th best pichu, and T!MMY, probably the best kirby.
I suppose you're right Wiki. But I'm just saying that making the game as balanced as it could be would be the best thing they could do for the Smash series. There would be no more pissing or moaning or Johns on the boards and at tournaments. Everyone would be satisfied, and everyone could play their favorite characters and have to put in the same amount of work training to be the best with their main, whoever it may be.

I believe it is 3AM EST.
Yep, 3am. Or so it was, but last week I recall it being significantly late on more than one occasion. I don't know how this week is doing, I havn't been staying up for the updates lately.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'd pay a respectable amount of money if a chant as such could bring about the inclusion of Dark Samus in the playable roster. :chuckle:

Oh, I thought of a better response for before...

"That's not ironic, it's just coincidental."

Can you guess which show this is from? Or, better yet, who says it? The episode, perhaps...

I'll get to reading everything that has been posted, just not right now. I was reading, though not by choice ((EDIT: Forgot this parenthesis)) ->(<-College recommended), Dave Eggers' What is the What, and decided that my break should somehow involve a Smashboards visit. ^^

P.S. It'd be nice to get a Peach update tonight (4am EST is it?), not only because I'm interested to hear anything Mr. Sakurai is willing to give away regarding changes made to her, but also because her "timely" appearance will add some wishfull credibility to Aeris' new-found ability. Then, just maybe, we'll get Peach's stage on Friday, more than likely accompanied by some wonderfull screenshots which showcase a couple of her moves. I'm predicting something Super-Mario-Advanced-2-esq.
Let's just cross our fingers that Leonard Bernstein can bring us luck.

Peach fans are gonna have their dayyy toniiiiiiiiight....
Peach fans are gonna have their wayyy toniiiiiiiiight....

I can't place your quote, but it sounds somewhat familiar.

Sakurai's updates come at 3 AM EST more often than not. If only my (alleged) latent powers could prove their existence tonight! More than anything, though, I'm really interested to see: 1) Peach's official character model, 2) new screenshots featuring Peach, 3) any changes from Melee alluded to by Sakurai-san, and 4) how they might incorporate features from SPP. My biggest fear is that we'll get a screenshot showing Peach using Toad as a shield once more. I can only hope that Sakurai mentions how Toad got sick of being Peach's punching bag and decided to take to the fray himself. :grin:

@ Dyce: The updates have been on time so far this week. Last Monday, Wednesday and Thursday were all nearly an hour late, Wednesday's being almost three hours behind schedule.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
@ Dyce: The updates have been on time so far this week. Last Monday, Wednesday and Thursday were all nearly an hour late, Wednesday's being almost three hours behind schedule.
Yes, I remember trying to stay up for Wednesday's update and losing all faith around 4:30am. But when I awoke... I feel that update was definitely worth the wait.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yes, I remember trying to stay up for Wednesday's update and losing all faith around 4:30am. But when I awoke... I feel that update was definitely worth the wait.
I would get that same kind of satisfaction from a Toad update. :grin:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
^^^^
And being an avid Fire Emblem supporter helped my good mood as well.

Now all I need is Ephraim and Hector and I'm all set for Brawl.

Also Sonic! Don't forget Sonic! ... but I was just saying them because of the topic at hand.
*leaps in front of Dyce, protecting him from the mob of rabid Black Knight supporters*

;)

(I don't know the first thing about FE, actually. I've always been somewhat intrigued, but I've never played the games).

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Yeah, I got confused. For two nights in a row the update came after four in the morning, so I figured the update time had changed. It always used to be three am, and then it was four, then four-thirty, then six, then four, then three... o_. I can't take it anymore. I'll just wait until morning.

I would get that same kind of satisfaction from a Toad update. :grin:
You and me both. I'm deffinately hoping for a similar DS update, but Toad is up there.

****it, I spent about twenty minutes thinking of comedic replies to everything I hadn't responded to in the last five pages, then my Internet Explorer malfunctioned, and now I find I have lost everything I'd typed. -Sighs audibly.- I'll try to recap some of the stuff.

The rAt: I must unreasonably insist that all voices assure me that "The rAt's Doominators" exists, both in part AND in full. Such a group should be so amazing that even the paradoxical first and second voice can agree.

Dyce: Ike's recovery now resemble's Marths: outstanding vertical, virtually zero horizontal. I'll say it again; Marth and Roy are leaving Smash, giving way to two new Fire Emblem representatives.

Aeris: I was NOT suggesting that Peach should be in Brawl because of her widespread Melee popularity. She has, however, settled into a comfortable niche with the creation of her own game, and has continued to share a prominant spot with Mario in the majority of his games, therefore she deserves to be included. (And she was, so no harm, no foul.)

Ah well, back to reading for...at least...oh say...perhaps...ten pages or so? ^^

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yeah, I got confused. For two nights in a row the update came after four in the morning, so I figured the update time had changed. It always used to be three am, and then it was four, then four-thirty, then six, then four, then three... o_. I can't take it anymore. I'll just wait until morning.

You and me both. I'm deffinately hoping for a similar DS update, but Toad is up there.

****it, I spent about twenty minutes thinking of comedic replies to everything I hadn't responded to in the last five pages, then my Internet Explorer malfunctioned, and now I find I have lost everything I'd typed. -Sighs audibly.- I'll try to recap some of the stuff.

Aeris: I was NOT suggesting that Peach should be in Brawl because of her widespread Melee popularity. She has, however, settled into a comfortable niche with the creation of her own game, and has continued to share a prominant spot with Mario in the majority of his games, therefore she deserves to be included. (And she was, so no harm, no foul.)
The constant fluctuation leaves me with a headache sometimes. :dizzy: Thankfully this week has been a bit more scheduled.

Who do you think Sakurai would reveal first: Ridley or Dark Samus? I would imagine the latter just because her quasi-clone status would be far less surprising than the famed space monster making an appearance.

I've had the same problems with posting in SWF in general. It doesn't always happen, but it does seem to occur most often when I'm in the process of creating a large post.

I don't think that Peach's popularity in Melee alone warrants her inclusion in Brawl, but I do think that it's an important factor. Her own game is a means of breathing new life into the Melee character and making her fresh for Brawl, though.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
*leaps in front of Dyce, protecting him from the mob of rabid Black Knight supporters*

;)

(I don't know the first thing about FE, actually. I've always been somewhat intrigued, but I've never played the games).
PHEW! Thanks for that! That was a close one!
I should have mentioned that I'm all for Black Knight in Brawl. I just feel Ephraim is a good candidate because he's a lance wielder.

Speaking of Ephraim, pick up Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. By far THE BEST FE GAME I have ever played. It's for GBA so if you have one of those or a DS, I highly recommend purchasing a copy. I still play it since the week it came out (about 2 years ago I want to say?). There's so much to do, it's a long and hard game (heh heh heh...) and there's plenty of replay value.

Dyce: Ike's recovery now resemble's Marths: outstanding vertical, virtually zero horizontal. I'll say it again; Marth and Roy are leaving Smash, giving way to two new Fire Emblem representatives.
I know you're not going to sit there and try to convince me Ike's uB is more like Marth's than Kirby's!
Girl you BEST not go there! {headspin with a lip sneer} {*snap*}
Look at it: he extends his sword (which isn't even in his hands anymore), it drags the opponent upwards, then slams them down with him. Basically the only difference is the insane height and projectile finish.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else feel that there will be glitches with Ike throwing his sword up? Possibly a stuck hitbox?
or something? because it seems likely that because he is throwing the sword and he is supposed to grab it back but if someone could disrupt him the sword might still be stuck in the air.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Does anyone else feel that there will be glitches with Ike throwing his sword up? Possibly a stuck hitbox?
or something? because it seems likely that because he is throwing the sword and he is supposed to grab it back but if someone could disrupt him the sword might still be stuck in the air.
No. He can't be disrupted, Sakurai said it himself. He can be hit, but he won't receive knockback.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I thought about this too, what if Ike is falling down and uses his Up-B when he's close to the stage, the sword goes above the main platform of the stage but now Ike is below the main platform of the stage as he is still falling, now he attemps to grab the sword but the main platforms in the way.... hmm.... I would think that it would get cancelled and he'd fall to his death, but this leaves a question out in the open. What happens to the sword? My guess on that is that it disappears when Ike returns or is KO'd (maybe depends on whether this is his last life or not)

In any case, I can see some things actually disrupting Ike's Aether and I'm sure that it's already been thought of.;)

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I thought about this too, what if Ike is falling down and uses his Up-B when he's close to the stage, the sword goes above the main platform of the stage but now Ike is below the main platform of the stage as he is still falling, now he attemps to grab the sword but the main platforms in the way.... hmm.... I would think that it would get cancelled and he'd fall to his death, but this leaves a question out in the open. What happens to the sword? My guess on that is that it disappears when Ike returns or is KO'd (maybe depends on whether this is his last life or not)

In any case, I can see some things actually disrupting Ike's Aether and I'm sure that it's already been thought of.;)
Oh, yeah, good point. I didn't think of the stage itself.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Sounds like to a good way to avoid getting meteor smashed I hope there's a limit to how effective this is a higher damages or up b spamming will be prominent.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Kirby and Ness from SSB64 mains (myself) all care about fairness.

Lower/Bottom Tier character mains all care about fairness.

And basically everyone who doesn't main either Fox, Falco, Sheik, and/or Marth all care about fairness.

What are you talking about?
I have to agree with Dyce here. I care about fairness. That's why I play without items and only on tournament-legal stages. Admittedly, I'll be using all the items and stages in Brawl at first. But eventually I'll stop using 'em. But as I use Link and YL, who are bottom-tier (I believe), I care much about fairness. Link and YL are very balanced characters. Speed and strength are in relation to each other. They have projectiles, but their strong attacks require you to get close for the kill. They're fair characters. (I just checked, and they're low-tier, not bottom. My mistake.) I hate when people egdehog, because that's just cheap. Wavedashing is fair in my book, because that requires skill and practice. Even spiking is okay. But cheap things like edgehogging will just make me mad.

In short, I hope Brawl is fairer than Melee; the characters more balanced, stuff like that.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Why are so many people worried about Ike and his sword having problems?

How many times has Link thrown his boomerang, missed his chance to catch it, and just produced a new one? Sure, it doesn't make sense, but for convenience purposes, that's what happens. If something crazy happens to make Ike actually drop his sword (like that stage thing Fartemup said), I'm sure it'll just pop back into his hands (Perhaps, when Ike reaches the peak of his jump, rather than truly "catching" the sword in his animation, a new animation starts with the sword in his hand, and the animation of the sword in the air just stops. If that makes any sense).

That's just the most sensible thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom