• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm looking forward to all the newcomers to be honest, though Ike is most likely to be the first one to picked up (if he is actually starter, otherwise it'll be Pit). That said, I hope Snake is fairly easy to unlock, as I've been itching to play as him for ages, largely out of curiosity on how Sakurai has made him.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
I remember i used to be great with Roy but then after i praticed with Ganon, my style totally changed and i couldnt play as Roy well anymore, but then i got really good with Ganon. The only characters i still have problems beating are Fox and Sheik. Oh and i cant wait to play as Pit and Meta Knight.Btw doesnt Aether confirm that Ike is a heavy character?, because it says that ''This time, there are several moves like this among the heavy characters, so watch out!''. Oh and Ike's Eruption looks like it'll be a bit different cause he sticks his sword into the ground so it'll prolly have more lag time than Roy's or Marth's move.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Btw doesnt Aether confirm that Ike is a heavy character?, because it says that ''This time, there are several moves like this among the heavy characters, so watch out!''.
No, I don't think it confirms anything.

I can understand why people are coming to this conclusion, but I don't think that's what Sakurai meant. He was just mentioning that the heavy characters have a kind of flinch resistance to them, or at least attacks that do, similar to what Ike has when he's tossing his sword.

I doubt Ike will be flinch proof in general, which, I think, is what Sakurai was meaning when he mentioned the "heavy characters" (ex: Ike will be knocked back by an attack if he's just standing there, but a character like Bowser will just kind of stand there when he gets whacked. At least at first).

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It's odd, the way it's said means that it could be referring to heavy weight characters, but this is a special occasion where it applies. Still, the fact that he mentioned it with Ike means it is understandable that people feel that it includes Ike in this heavy weight category, and tbh I kind of imagined that Ike would be among the heavier characters even before he was confirmed. He could still be a heavy character, but it's too early to tell really.

Sensai

Smash Master
I took it to me that Ike was a heavier character...the fact that he's wearing heavy lookin' boots and can use a 2 handed sword with one hand kinda helps along this theory.

DrSuperSteve

Smash Cadet
He will not end up being a full fledged heavy weight like bowser. Clearly he doesnt have the potential to be. But he still could act as a "heavier" character like Roy did. Roy's sword of seals could have potentialy been what slowed him down and even decreased the height of his up+b. Ike however; when he throws his sword up becomes lighter and still with the same strength is why he is able to jump so high. duhhhh

viewtiful_jon

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else really excited at the possibilities of Wario like I am? Here's what I'm thinking:

1) Wario Waft (Down-B):
-Should be low in frames unless the devs decide to ramp up the comedy and have
Wario have lots of frames ripping a big one.
-Potential Recovery uses; weak fart (pictured on site) like Doc's Cape, and strong fart
(pictured on site as well) like Luigi's Tornado at the cost of having no explosion and
stages in between as well (Mario's Cape, Doc's Tornado, etc.)

2) Wario Chopper (Side-B)
-High speed + Large hitbox (the whole bike/front of bike while in motion) = Broken
Attack/Spam? Possibly...
-Recovery uses again; DI up and towards stage, DJ, use chopper to increase horizontal
momentum (the DJ gives you more time on the bike to build acceleration), jump off
(attack button, hit a wall?) and finally Up-B (Unconfirmed as of now). This is assuming
you haven't already used the Chopper, as Sakurai said that you could only have one at
a time, and if you can summon another bike if the first one falls off/is destroyed, this
can be used for every stock.

What do you think of Wario and Wario's Potential to kick ***/take names/be top tier?

chansen

Smash Lord
Ike's obviously a heavyweight character...kinda in a link in melee position. He definitely will be a bit slower but a powerhouse with a definite sweet spot (da tip!). I'm sure sakurai will make a faster character from the fire eblem series available also, otherwise he cant represent that series in a fair manner.

Oh and I like the new sig Circus, its pretty tight.

"Ive gotten dirkus alot, I've just come to accept it as a word"-NRWC

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
That's an oddly specific, and simultaneously insignificant, role. I'll only join "The rAt's Doominators" under one condition: your voices must undoubtedly assure me that such a group actually exists. ^^
What are you talking about? You'd be the power behind the Nothing! And as far as the voices go, do they all have to assure you that it exists? Because one of them is a compulsive liar, and another is brutally honest. Also, one of them is Canadian, so you never know where he's coming from.

Two things @ The rAt: first, I thought I was the only one here who got vioces in my head! Good to know that you do too. I have two: the good voice and the evil voice. As I represent Link in this world, the good voice is Zelda's, and the evil vioce is Ganondorf's.

Second, I also probably would have been distracted be somethihng shiny. It seems we have a lot in common.

Oops, I lied, here's a third thing for The rAt: what role do I play in rAt's Doominators? And here's an evil suggestion (coming from Ganon's voice, of course): we should team up and destroy Rhyme. Zelda says no, Dyce is the evil one. Sh;t, I dunno which of them to destroy! HELP!

Ciela? Do you have any advice?

Hmm...she says I should be spending more time buying a Wii and playing it than being on "an elite group of criminal minds with which to take over the world." Obviously I have to take her to the doctor in Castle Town to get her checked. I can do both!

Hmm...I think (and this is purely my opinion) that we should destroy...wait, someone's calling. I'll be right back.

"Yeah...uh-huh...what do you mean? D@mn it, I wanted to kill him!ME! It was my job! Jeez, some people just have no respect! Go simultaneously burn and rot in Hell!" *Hangs up*

Well, d@mn. I was going to say we should kill Aeris, but it appears someone already killed him. That's it, I've got no more suggestions. Any help, anyone? No, not you Ciela. Not you either Navi. You're gonna have the same advice as Ciela. I need to get you both checked.
To avoid these sorts of internal crisis's (crisees? crisen? anyone?), we should probably stick to external targets. They're easier to find anyhow.

And sure thing on the Dominators thing, on two conditions: 1, we change the name to something more awesometacular, B, I can bring Elvis's dead body with me, and 2, we throw all counting rules out the window.
You don't like Doominators? Well, I suppose I could take suggestions. But only if they sound ridiculously sinister and start with 'The rAt's...' After all, what is megalomania without the ego?

More on topic, however, I'm thinking we can probably guess now that Ike is a starter character, given the fact that Sakurai continues to elaborate on him beyond his initial revelation. I mean, we've actually seen some of his moves, something we can't say about any of the newcomers except Wario.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya, except when they showed Pit's the update after they showed his profile and when they talked about Meta Knight's neutral physical combo in the Standard Combos update. So ya...they haven't gone into ZSS' moves yet and haven't mentioned Snake again at all. Actually, out of all of the characters that have profiles, ZSS, Yoshi, and Kirby haven't gotten another character update related to them (unless ZSS you wanna count Samus' FS as relating to ZSS in that she produces some items to throw...but ya).

We haven't even seen a stage for Kirby or Samus yet, either. :/ And some of the obvious starters are still without music. And we still haven't seen Captain Falcon or any sign of the Earthbound series. :/ :\

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
Snake's Up B results in sex on a boat. The question, then, is this: sex on a boat = boat sex ?

(There, Rhyme. And I enjoyed your boat sex joke, haha.)

I am really excited about having moves that allow for people to not flinch (a la Aether or Yoshi's jump at low percents in Melee). Makes me hopeful that Ganon can just swat away an annoying waveshining Fox in Brawl. Yay, so excited.

Lmao......Yeah seems goodI cant wait for brawl!!!!

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Gah, I looked in all of the stickied threads but I just can't find it. What is the official brawl website? I wasn't too interested about updates until I saw Peach was confirmed.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
What do you think of Wario and Wario's Potential to kick ***/take names/be top tier?
I agree! I think that Wario will be a ton of fun. He seems so eccentric that I have to try him out soon after I purchase the game.

To avoid these sorts of internal crisis's (crisees? crisen? anyone?), we should probably stick to external targets. They're easier to find anyhow.
"Crises". :grin:

Ya, except when they showed Pit's the update after they showed his profile and when they talked about Meta Knight's neutral physical combo in the Standard Combos update. So ya...they haven't gone into ZSS' moves yet and haven't mentioned Snake again at all. Actually, out of all of the characters that have profiles, ZSS, Yoshi, and Kirby haven't gotten another character update related to them (unless ZSS you wanna count Samus' FS as relating to ZSS in that she produces some items to throw...but ya).

We haven't even seen a stage for Kirby or Samus yet, either. :/ And some of the obvious starters are still without music. And we still haven't seen Captain Falcon or any sign of the Earthbound series. :/ :\
Interestingly enough, the only returning character to get a Special Moves update was Fox. Could this be a sign of nerf-age? Something to consider, the fact that none of the vets but Fox got an update. My guess is that the only returning characters to get one will be those that have noticeable changes made to their moves (i.e. Yoshi's improved Egg Toss).

ZSS has had a very subtle and implied Special Moves update. Check Fox's. See the Reflector picture? Who is firing that laser beam? ZSS, my friends. My guess is that said picture demonstrates her B move.

Am I the only one dying to hear Pit's music for Skyworld?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Interestingly enough, the only returning character to get a Special Moves update was Fox. Could this be a sign of nerf-age? Something to consider, the fact that none of the vets but Fox got an update. My guess is that the only returning characters to get one will be those that have noticeable changes made to their moves (i.e. Yoshi's improved Egg Toss).

Am I the only one dying to hear Pit's music for Skyworld?
First off, I never thought of it that way. That seems to make a lot of sense. Yes, I imagine we'll be getting Yoshi's moveset (which will undoubtedly include his uB and how it functions now), and possibly Bowser's, showing off how Sakurai gave him "a different flavor this time around". Also, looking back on Link's new bow positioning I assume we may get a moveset involving that, and maybe one for Kirby, just to show how they buffed them (assuming they did).

And no, you are NOT the only person who's getting antsy for Skyworld music. I love the score in Kid Icarus (maybe my second favorite NES game scores, just under Megaman2) and can't wait to hear what the musicians have done to it. It seems like one of those songs that NEEDS an orchestral improvement. Same goes with the Haliberd stage, only instead of orchestral, it needs an all out, asskicking metal sound for it!

Yes now that you mention it but I have the feeling of a character tomarrow
Peach... definitely Peach. Tomorrow or Thursday definitely. Friday the latest. I personally just can't wait for Sheik's update now that she's been heavily rumored. I wonder how badass she looks this time around, going TP style this time.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
How can she get a TP style if see wasn't in TP?

I just thought of the most hilarious update on December 2 in big rainbow letters it says GAME CANCELED!!!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
How can she get a TP style if see wasn't in TP?

I just thought of the most hilarious update on December 2 in big rainbow letters it says GAME CANCELED!!!
Because Miyamoto said that he and a team of developers tweaked Ganondorf and Sheik's looks so they would fit into Brawl. And it would be weird to have a TP version of Zelda transform into an OoT version (though there really is no other version) of Sheik.

And if what you thought of ever comes true, I'm going to break down, cry, and then find you and punch you in the face until your skull caves in. It will ruin my life, and I'm going to use you as a scapegoat if that ever happens.

P.S.- BEWARE!!! :mad:

P.P.S- Nah, I'm just kidding. But I'll be pissed!

Tanea

Smash Ace
Anyone else a little bitter that peach hasn't actually been comfirmed there has been pictures but no actual confirmation i just can't wait until it happens

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I'll bet she'll be revealed this week. Most likely in an hour. If not today, then tomorrow. And if not either of those, then next Wednesday probably. We usually get character updates around the middle of the week.

But yea, don't worry, we'll get her soon enough. Was there ever reason to worry? I mean even now?

chansen

Smash Lord
Uh I dont know....never thought about it
then why did you post at all?

Peach is in for sure, yeah. But, are they going to nerf the crap out of her. I like the old peach, but they could defnitely do some interesting things to her moveset, with the release of Super Princess Peach, she'll have a lot more to choose from for a moveset, and she'll be a lot more emotional.

Since the Wii has an extended calendar, will peach hit her cycle once a month? Just a thought...>_>

CodaBear17

Smash Journeyman
then why did you post at all?

Peach is in for sure, yeah. But, are they going to nerf the crap out of her. I like the old peach, but they could defnitely do some interesting things to her moveset, with the release of Super Princess Peach, she'll have a lot more to choose from for a moveset, and she'll be a lot more emotional.

Since the Wii has an extended calendar, will peach hit her cycle once a month? Just a thought...>_>

lol good Q it was a dumb part on my move sorry

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure Peach will be released tonight!!!! If her Toad move was to be removed, then it will give us a clue to Toad being a character in Brawl

chansen

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure most of us have figured a general theme to the updates, dont quote me on this because i might get proved wrong tonite, but.

week a
mon:lame item update
tues: stage or moveset update
wed:character we already knew was in...i mean seriously
thurs: already announced character update
fri: random lame update to end week

week b
mon: same
tue: same
wed:ZOMG NEW CHAR!!!1
thur:same
fri: same
then repeat

yeah, at least thats what I think.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
possibly the worst update yet...

Oh joy, I'm gunna add this to my iPod without hesitation!

/sarcasm

Clearly you weren't here for the Banana Peel update.

I'm actually starting to enjoy the music updates. Granted, not so much so as the Character and Stage updates, but I'll be pretty busy appreciating them to their fullest once the game actually comes out. I won't have time for the music then. But right now, I can't play the game yet, so music isn't a negative in my book.

That said, I'll be rather disappointed if we don't get a character or a stage tommorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom