• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
So, uh, I don't play Fire Emblem. But does anyone think Ike's been slimmed down a bit for Brawl?

The first time I really got a decent look at him was in his update on the Dojo site—looks good, by the way. But, I saw a youtube video of him and some screenshots of him from his game, and he looks much more buff there than he does in his profile on the Dojo.

Eh? Eh?

. . . Eh?

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
So, uh, I don't play Fire Emblem. But does anyone think Ike's been slimmed down a bit for Brawl?

The first time I really got a decent look at him was in his update on the Dojo site—looks good, by the way. But, I saw a youtube video of him and some screenshots of him from his game, and he looks much more buff there than he does in his profile on the Dojo.

Eh? Eh?

. . . Eh?
he was also moving swiftly:)

Shiko755

Smash Cadet
I have a strong feeling that they will reduce Ike's actual speed to almost nothing compared to FE....man this is gonna suck....a little.

Sensai

Smash Master
Holy SHIOT Ganon and Sheik are confirmed?!!?

Why in the hell did no one tell me?! You people should've tracked me down and called my cell phone. ****! Ganon and Sheik are BACK!

....on a side note, it's a bittersweet confirmation. On one side, you have Sheik and Ganon coming back. On the other side, you have Sheik coming back.

Well...good with the bad.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Why in the hell did no one tell me?! You people should've tracked me down and called my cell phone. ****! Ganon and Sheik are BACK!

....on a side note, it's a bittersweet confirmation. On one side, you have Sheik and Ganon coming back. On the other side, you have Sheik coming back.

I'm not bothered by Sheik being back (if she is. I reserve a small amount of doubt).

I will start being bothered by Sheik being back if she comes back as a Zelda move.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I WOULD do that for hours. :lick:
Me too. Without a doubt.

Anyway, something randomly popped into my mind, and as I'm sure you're all well (and unfortunately) aware of, I just have to share it.

Remember the interview with the art designer from OoT? He was quoted as saying that he was working closely with Sakurai to make sure the models for Link, Shiek, and Gannondorf were appopriate for the TP style? Well, correct me if I'm wrong (which I might very well be), but in Japan they have Link and Adult Link, not Young Link and Link like we have in the states. When he mentions "Link", isn't it possible he's refering to our Young Link? It would make sense that he leaves Zelda out of this sentence if he were discussing the three characters which haven't been confirmed rather than a random grouping.
OMG GOOD POINT! I hope you're right! (I'm a YL user. Someone said they loved me 'cause I main a low tier character! I GOT LOW-TIER LOVE!)

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
I never doubted y link being in brawl. he's really the link that appears in most games. ganon I expect also. Shiek ehh im still iffy. I hope shiek's not in but that's another story.

Me too. Without a doubt.

OMG GOOD POINT! I hope you're right! (I'm a YL user. Someone said they loved me 'cause I main a low tier character! I GOT LOW-TIER LOVE!)
well if it is Ylink...MY GOD THAT IS JUST PLAIN AWESOME!!!!. but like most people (not really sure by most) they say Young Link would be replaced by Wind Waker Link. and perhaps that was what he meant.
i got flamed for being a Ylink user (i <3 u too twilight hero hahaha.) n so i kept arguing that he doesnt suck. all because i said this one Kirby dude was gonna get pwnd by ICs. (dont start with me people). i basically stopped the thing but people insisted on saying "ylink sux!" n since it was in the wrong thread, it got closed.
ok so i wonder wut Sheik is gonna look like. (Ganon has cornrows hahaha)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
YLink uses a hammer?
I don't play much Zelda, TP and Ocarina, played but not beat...Started Mask but not far.
YLINK RULES!
No, I meant in Soul Caliber 2 for the Game Cube.

Link (as an adult) is an exclusive character in that game, and one of his weapons is his hammer. But since he's still a swordsman, he wields the hammer the same way he would any of his other swords. So you can "stab" people with it.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
No, I meant in Soul Caliber 2 for the Game Cube.

Link (as an adult) is an exclusive character in that game, and one of his weapons is his hammer. But since he's still a swordsman, he wields the hammer the same way he would any of his other swords. So you can "stab" people with it.
Yeah, now I follow. I've played Soul Calibur but mainly as Talim or Xianghua. They small fast chicks basically. Never really tried to learn Links "style". Boy it's been a while, I just rented it but as I can remember, it was fun.

Sensai

Smash Master
SC2 is a great GREAT game...one of the better traditional fighters out there, IMO.

And Rhyme's post from whenever it was that referenced the Young Link/Link fiasco...good point. It DOES seem odd that he would mention Link when he's already in the game.

No...no it doesn't. My b. But it is nice food for thought.

[Edit:]

/gasp!

My signature! I think this is the first time since...about May 2006 that I've used it (although, it HAS changed since then).

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
well if it is Ylink...MY GOD THAT IS JUST PLAIN AWESOME!!!!. but like most people (not really sure by most) they say Young Link would be replaced by Wind Waker Link. and perhaps that was what he meant.
i got flamed for being a Ylink user (i <3 u too twilight hero hahaha.) n so i kept arguing that he doesnt suck. all because i said this one Kirby dude was gonna get pwnd by ICs. (dont start with me people). i basically stopped the thing but people insisted on saying "ylink sux!" n since it was in the wrong thread, it got closed.
ok so i wonder wut Sheik is gonna look like. (Ganon has cornrows hahaha)
WWLink would be awesome...admit it.

I have.

I love stabbing people with Link's hammer.
Oh yeah. A nice stab in the stomach that would knock the breath out of you?

I recently started finishing people off with the Sword Plant, then backflipping away. Shows how much I heart TP.

YLink uses a hammer?
I don't play much Zelda, TP and Ocarina, played but not beat...Started Mask but not far.
YLINK RULES!
In OoT, adult Link could use something called the Megaton Hammer. It was found in the Fire Temple. In SC2 for GCN, the guest character was adult Link (who, BTW, kicks major @$$ in that game!) and one of his purchaseable weapons was the Megaton Hammer, greatly increased in size and probably power. The description is: "Good offense, strong single strikes, but a short reach." It's not actually too short; not nearly as bad as the Razor Sword, which is a modded YL weapon. o_O The MH is my main weapon besides the Great Fairy Sword, which is big and pink and green, and also from MM. It's strong and replenishes your life.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
isnt gobi the camel from banjo kazooie. you meet him in that one desrt stage, and you can go inside the sphynx. i think thats where hes from. ( and if hes not, tham there is another camel in banjokazooie)...peace

EDIT: "Gobi's Valley: An Egyptian-themed desert world named after the camel Gobi, containing pyramids, quicksand, and a bear-modeled sphinx."

I WAS RIGHT AERIS!!!! DO YOU LOVE ME?

EDIT2: i loved the banjokazooie games, they were great

-hiroshi
You are correct, my friend! Jinxy the Sphinx is the one of which you speak. I'm so glad you knew it! So I love you. ;) I loved the B-K series, as well; pity that Rare is being whipped by Microsoft as we speak. If only we could see them in Smash Bros.!

Aeris, I thought I remembered you refering to yourself as a fellow (though not in those specific terms) at some point, but I figured better safe than sorry. I can relate to the craziness of youth, as I still have an AIM screenname from when I was about thirteen which proclaims my Star Trek fandom. Speaking of which, I kinda saw us more as a Kirk/Spock duo, but that has a lot to do with the fact that I wasn't familiar with One Flew the Cuckoo's Nest until about six minutes ago (but that's what Wikipedia was invented for, right?). Anyhow, when I created this account (The rAt, of course), I figured if I ever got sick of maining Pikachu (which I haven't), I could always play it off as a reference to my year of birth according to the Chinese Zodiac. Also, as an added bonus rAt fit the rather stringent letter limit for Melee's character names.
And speaking of Fawriel, where has he/she (see, I do it to everyone!) at?
Ah, it's nice to know that you can empathize. I've never been familiar with Star Trek, so it's hard for me to understand the allusion as far as their relationship goes, but One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest is wonderful. Since you are not yet familiar with it, do read it sometime soon. It's an engaging read; I flew through it (title pun sadly intended). That's neat that your name could be used either way. Coincidences abound! (Kudos for acknowledging the Chinese zodiac, by the way. I'm a Snake).

As for Fawriel, he (I know for a fact, haha) was away for the weekend.

I'm almost sure that Fawriel is a dude, but better safe than...wrong. She/He is away for the weekend and I was the only one who said goodbye.

Aeris: Which one of you is the one who never talks? :p I know, I'm aware, The rAt beat me to it. :urg: I didn't get the reference at first glance. Shows how absent minded I am, since you took the time to point out the existance of a reference, and yet I still missed it.
Bzzzzzzt! I wished Fawriel farewell, but in a PM instead. He is a guy, though.

No problem about not catching my literary allusions right away; I do so have a penchant for the esoteric. Hahah, it's funny that you bring up that aspect of their relationship, especially because neither rAt nor myself are ever at a loss for words. :chuckle: The intended meaning was in reference to rAt calling us crazy, and Cuckoo's Nest takes place in a mental institution (largely, anyhow).

Post us a link. I'll gladly look at a WWL moveset.

Hmm...maybe I'll make my own.
its...in my sig haha its been there dude

EDIT: aaah. i'll be gone for a while. i have go to my cousins house for something. at this time of nite. geez. hope u guys see my sig and tell me bout my moveset.
@twilight_hero-by the time i come back, ill look at yers (if u made one that is)
c u guys

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
"This guy...tried to play it off, like he WASN'T just hit by a car." XD Seriously, though, you can't play it off after elaborating your whole plan.

I'm almost sure that Fawriel is a dude, but better safe than...wrong. She/He is away for the weekend and I was the only one who said goodbye.

Actually, ya' know what? It might have been Sensai who used to come here. Grr...now I can't even remember. It is trueho wword sbegintof lowtogetherov ertime. ._o
Curses! Considering I actually was born during the year of the rat, no one would have ever known either. Well, on the upshot, I'd make a great comic book villain, what with my giving away my plans in advance.

Regarding the other thing, it's kind of a moot point, considering the Return of the Sensai (pronounched 'Sens-i" for the purposes of my joke), but the reversal of the 'a' and the 'e' was what had me confused. It's my own fault for not paying enough attention to spelling, though.

Sensai's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

He's been having some weird times recently...new chick that lives just far away enough so that driving is an annoyance, vacation, Video Games Live concert...bleh.

Ok, I haven't really been able to keep up with anything. I know Ike is confirmed, but you guys are talking about Peach and Sheik and Cel Link?

....someone catch me up?

(BTW: I'm Sensai, the other guy's name is Sensei. He's a pro Jiggs player for Smash 64 and a pretty good Melee player too. I'm just a nobody who enjoys talking on forums.)

That's funny, we were just talking about you. Like, right now. And I was being confused. It was great. Anyhow, most of what you missed has been covered.

Anyhow, I've got a sexy new font and I've started an elite group of criminal minds with which to take over the world. It's called The rAt's Doominators, and right now it includes myself, twilight_hero, and Sakurai (if he'll return my calls), but I'm hoping Rhyme will join (as I need someone to stop me from consistently giving away my plans) as well as, Bob Saget, Apocalypse and Michael Eisner. You should join up too. I need someone I can trust to keep an eye on Bob Saget for me. You can never be too careful when he's involved.

Also, if you're a nobody, you're one of the smarter nobodies I've ever met. That's not counting the voices, though.

I was about to go find you until Rhyme confused me. Incidentally, I might have also been distracted by shiney things. But that's not the point. The point is... what is the point?

Oh, yes; Sheik and G.Dorf. I could take or leave both of them, personally. I've never played a user of either I couldn't beat, and they both seem to make folks around here happy, so it's all good in my world.

Andy

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Smoke Ball? I thought it was called Colossal Waste of Time?

I know I'm not usually very enthusiastic about item updates (or How to Play updates, or Game Modes updates, or Music updates), but this one takes the cake. I had a begrudging respect for this item until the phrase "an item that has absolutely no effect on characters" was tossed around. You mean I can't even bean people with this thing?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Bzzzzzzt! I wished Fawriel farewell, but in a PM instead. He is a guy, though.

No problem about not catching my literary allusions right away; I do so have a penchant for the esoteric. Hahah, it's funny that you bring up that aspect of their relationship, especially because neither rAt nor myself are ever at a loss for words. :chuckle: The intended meaning was in reference to rAt calling us crazy, and Cuckoo's Nest takes place in a mental institution (largely, anyhow).
Yeah, I remember the book, and I chose that particular quality on purpose. Anything else wouldn't have gotten so much as a chuckle.

Awe...darn, that's not fair, wishing him fairwell in private while unintentionally making me seem foolish.

Anyhow, I've got a sexy new font and I've started an elite group of criminal minds with which to take over the world. It's called The rAt's Doominators, and right now it includes myself, twilight_hero, and Sakurai (if he'll return my calls), but I'm hoping Rhyme will join (as I need someone to stop me from consistently giving away my plans) as well as, Bob Saget, Apocalypse and Michael Eisner. You should join up too. I need someone I can trust to keep an eye on Bob Saget for me. You can never be too careful when he's involved.

That's an oddly specific, and simultaneously insignificant, role. I'll only join "The rAt's Doominators" under one condition: your voices must undoubtedly assure me that such a group actually exists. ^^

Wouldn't be the first time I've been labled as a criminal mastermind. My father once delayed our family's vacation departure, insisting that he must park one of our cars directly in-front of the garage door so nobody could steal his motorcycle while we were away from home. Our back porch stairs eat up extra space on one side of the door, and a rock wall the other. After he's spent roughly ten minutes trying to wiggle the car into place, I calmly informed him that our basement door was wide enough for someone to simply wheel his bike through the small downstairs room and out without even scratching it. We left shortly afterwards and I was teased relentlessly for pointing that out.:psycho:

Incidentally, I might have also been distracted by shiney things.
Sh;t happens, usually to the best of us.

Oh My Gosh, Sensai's back! Coincidentally, I heard a joke from one customer at work yesterday which involves sex on a boat, more commonly known as boat sex. It's a crude joke, so if you don't roll that way, don't read. ;p

What does sex on a boat have in common with an American beer? They are both fuqking close to water.
<.<

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Hey people! I'm just about to fly back home from my vacation. I have to go from Orlando to Atlanta to Salt Lake City to Edmonton.

Any way back on track this Smoke Ball thin is just a piece of crap the item doesn't really DO any thing you can still see the characters.

I think Sakurai will update Meta this week. Cause ya know, Snake's never been in a screenshot yet, so he's gonna be secret but Meta's been in alot of shots so he can't secret

Tony_

Smash Ace
Hey people! I'm just about to fly back home from my vacation. I have to go from Orlando to Atlanta to Salt Lake City to Edmonton.

Any way back on track this Smoke Ball thin is just a piece of crap the item doesn't really DO any thing you can still see the characters.

I think Sakurai will update Meta this week. Cause ya know, Snake's never been in a screenshot yet, so he's gonna be secret but Meta's been in alot of shots so he can't secret
Snake isn't secret, and if he is, I will lol very hard.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Agreed about the Smoke Ball, but I disagree about MK. Remember that when DK was basically confirmed by the E3 '07 Trailer, Sakurai confirmed him right away? I think the same thing will happen this week since Peach was basically confirmed by the Subspace Emissary Trailer.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Hey, all! I am also flying back today, but I'm going from Denver to Seattle. Anyway, I have a few things to say.

Don't know where I stand on the Smoke Ball, I'll just have to wait till I see it in combat.

I don't think any of the characters we saw in those two trailers are secret. I think the only secret character we've seen is Ike, and he might not even be secret.

I agree about Peach, she will be updated soon.

Two things @ The rAt: first, I thought I was the only one here who got vioces in my head! Good to know that you do too. I have two: the good voice and the evil voice. As I represent Link in this world, the good voice is Zelda's, and the evil vioce is Ganondorf's.

Second, I also probably would have been distracted be somethihng shiny. It seems we have a lot in common.

Oops, I lied, here's a third thing for The rAt: what role do I play in rAt's Doominators? And here's an evil suggestion (coming from Ganon's voice, of course): we should team up and destroy Rhyme. Zelda says no, Dyce is the evil one. Sh;t, I dunno which of them to destroy! HELP!

Ciela? Do you have any advice?

Hmm...she says I should be spending more time buying a Wii and playing it than being on "an elite group of criminal minds with which to take over the world." Obviously I have to take her to the doctor in Castle Town to get her checked. I can do both!

Hmm...I think (and this is purely my opinion) that we should destroy...wait, someone's calling. I'll be right back.

"Yeah...uh-huh...what do you mean? D@mn it, I wanted to kill him!ME! It was my job! Jeez, some people just have no respect! Go simultaneously burn and rot in Hell!" *Hangs up*

Well, d@mn. I was going to say we should kill Aeris, but it appears someone already killed him. That's it, I've got no more suggestions. Any help, anyone? No, not you Ciela. Not you either Navi. You're gonna have the same advice as Ciela. I need to get you both checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom