• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I don't think any of the characters we saw in those two trailers are secret. I think the only secret character we've seen is Ike, and he might not even be secret.
I think Sakarai already stated that Snake will be unlockable, seeing as his a Third-Party character, I could be wrong though.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
omg i am losing hair waiting on ssbb to release but i can hold up only 4 or 5 more months i may get the game b4 i have the system and then get pokemon. but first i need to know something that may just be a slam dunk on the retarted scale "How the hell do i work this **** wifi!!!" -_- i am so losing my mind and i want to play some one other than the E 4

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yoooooo, guys. I guess I didn't miss anything important?

Smoke ball. Oooooooooooo.
...I'm too tired to be able to speculate about what's so special about that thing.
Oh, wait.
It's fun!

...cool.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
I'm back from my weekend vacation and now I'm seeing Friday's update... and all I can say is WHOO-HOO!

I've been waiting for such a story mode since I've seen the images from Melee's Adventure Mode. I was sooo disappointed that the only 'enemy levels' were the Underground Maze, the Mushroom Kingdom and Icicle Mountain...

But now, with so many new possibilities... oh boy, I am excited!

By the way, does anyone know if that strange ram-creature or the things Meta-Knight is fighting on the images are from any Nintendo game?

About the Smoke Ball: It's a nice addition, although I think it won't do too much to affect the battle. Still, it's a funny gimmick, and anyone who doesn't like it can very likely just switch it off.

I also believe that it's going to be Peach's turn this week, although I'm a bit disappointed when I saw her in the trailer. I have been hoping for her look from Super Mario Sunshine...

Someone who made an earlier post said something that I liked to imagine: Letting every character have his or her own home stage. Such as Delfino Plaza for Mario, Peach's Castle for the princess, Bowser's Castle for our favorite, fire-breathing turtle...

I can't wait to see which stage Samus will have, although I have a hard time imagining whatever Wario's stage could be... Maybe his castle, or a treasure room? Or even the headquarters of his company, Wario Ware.

As for the Pokémon stages... I'm hoping for a few locations from the GB games, such as the MS Anne, or the Dragon's Den. Or maybe the Lake of Rage...

By the way, has anyone already taken a look at my Pokéball Pokémon thread? It's worth a look, even though not too many people have commented...

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Welcome back, the rams have been debated are possibly from DK's Jungle Beat because they have the same eyes.
The smoke ball is alright, it's a ninja move lol.
I loved Saffron City in 64, so I hope they bring it back as a classic personnally.
We've had soooo many theories on plots and stuff for the emissary, feel free to elaborate.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I also believe that it's going to be Peach's turn this week, although I'm a bit disappointed when I saw her in the trailer. I have been hoping for her look from Super Mario Sunshine...

Someone who made an earlier post said something that I liked to imagine: Letting every character have his or her own home stage. Such as Delfino Plaza for Mario, Peach's Castle for the princess, Bowser's Castle for our favorite, fire-breathing turtle...

As for the Pokémon stages... I'm hoping for a few locations from the GB games, such as the MS Anne, or the Dragon's Den. Or maybe the Lake of Rage...
I think Peach looks fantastic! I can't wait for her update; we can only hope that it comes up this week.

Were that the case about stages, Mario Circuit could realistically go to TOAD! :grin: Yes, it's wishful thinking, but it's still a real possibility. It would be quite silly for that stage to go to Luigi (he's more likely to get a mansion stage). Plus, Toad is known for his kart-racing prowess.

Dragon's Den or Lake of Rage would be awesome! S.S. Anne might be neat, but that would only be exciting if it were styled like the anime.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Were that the case about stages, Mario Circuit could realistically go to TOAD! :grin: Yes, it's wishful thinking, but it's still a real possibility. It would be quite silly for that stage to go to Luigi (he's more likely to get a mansion stage). Plus, Toad is known for his kart-racing prowess.
To Toad... or to (gasp) SHYGUY!!

Okay, I wasn't serious with that one.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
I think it's cool but there are better things to be updated, LIKE BOWSERS CASTLE!!!! but the smoke ball makes the NEXT update look even better, "can Peach look any better?"
- druel -
lol

Zelda SM FTW
i thot it was peach. but yer right. the smokeball will make her or whoever look better. i mean look wut happened with Ike. the pitfall? then Sakurai put it a little late n everyone kept talking bout him. n if he puts another lame item on, it jus means things are getting better for us.
the smoke ball should at least be thrown at u like most itmes...this sucks

Legolastom

Smash Hero
i thot it was peach. but yer right. the smokeball will make her or whoever look better. i mean look wut happened with Ike. the pitfall? then Sakurai put it a little late n everyone kept talking bout him. n if he puts another lame item on, it jus means things are getting better for us.
the smoke ball should at least be thrown at u like most itmes...this sucks
yar i wonda wut updats tomorow will b coz i iz wantings updats 2morow!!1 ya but i thot that 2day wuz gonna be peach buts it not so wut u lot think 2morows updats wil b?

Sensai

Smash Master
I for one like the Smoke Ball. I think it'd be cool if that was the only thing you put on and made it so that there were tons of colors and lights and...HUZZAH! DISCO BALLS!

Jeah, I'm weird.

Yes yes, I'm back. No need to get all excited about everything. Seriously, sit down. Oh, no, that's not necessary. Put on your shirt. Oh God, what is that thing?! Oh my...it's pulsing. It's growing! SWEET J33BUS IT'S GOT MY LEG!

And sure thing on the Dominators thing, on two conditions: 1, we change the name to something more awesometacular, B, I can bring Elvis's dead body with me, and 2, we throw all counting rules out the window.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
It wouldn't be a good idea to just show us secret characters before the games release even if they are third party characters, oh and Captain Falcon is semi-confirmed I think due to his Icon appearing for Samurai Goroh!!! I hope not to get Knuckle Joe'd tonight...

****...its Ike's specials...thats okay tho. i really thot i was Peach tonight. but thats not too bad. Aether looks like Dolphin Slash/Flare (is that rite?) looking cooler tho. Sakurai didnt show wut it would do in air tho (most likely the same effects as Marth's Dolphin Slash/Roys Flare (...rite?). Eruption looks alot like Roys Blaze (...RITE?!). But i think Eruption has a Kirby Cutter type of thing (his sword was range 2). really makes me think he's replacing Roy (not that sad about it tho). n thats all i have to say about it. (im too lazy to look up Marth/Roys specials rite now...)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Aether seems to be more like Kirby's Final Cutter except, instead slashing up then down, Ike throws his sword up and then jumps up after it and then slashes down. Eruption seems like he just stabs it into the ground and it makes a shockwave (like a ground slap from DK) or maybe an updraft of energy from the ground and you can charge it. (This was probably said in the thread dedicated to the moves but...ya know.)

Also, Dolphin Slash/Blazer is up B and Shield Breaker/Flare Blade is B.

Aether seems to be more like Kirby's Final Cutter except, instead slashing up then down, Ike throws his sword up and then jumps up after it and then slashes down. Eruption seems like he just stabs it into the ground and it makes a shockwave (like a ground slap from DK) or maybe an updraft of energy from the ground and you can charge it. (This was probably said in the thread dedicated to the moves but...ya know.)

those are better ways to put it :chuckle: i only knew Marths moves, completely forgot about Roys somehow :(

whoa i didnt even see that he stabbed the sword into the ground (that is Ragnel rite? i played only some of PoR at my friends:(

Rhyme

Smash Lord
...since Peach was basically confirmed by the Subspace Emissary Trailer.
I thought Peach was confirmed for Brawl because...she is Peach?

HUZZAH! DISCO BALLS!
LMFAO.
Epic.
Well, that, and the other thing.

Not even you, the inventor of "Boat Sex", had anything to say about my joke? u.u;

well jus to fill u in(looks like u jus came in-cool name tho :chuckle:) the maker of LoZ stated hes been making designs for Link, Sheik, and Ganon.:p
...which, from an official standpoint, means absolutely nothing. It's deffinately the strongest rumor we've had for a while. Good food for thought, as the saying goes.

To anyone who seriously thought "Aether" would be a Final Smash, I have this to say: You were wrong. ^^

I like how the heavy characters seem to have 'heavy armor' this time around (or whatever it is commonly called). It makes me think that the game will be more balanced. I'm also afraid that grabing might now be overpowered. Why is that? Let me demonstrate...through example!

-Marth dashes, attempting a dash attack on Bowser.-

Melee: Bowser DIs to the best of his ability, but is incapable of avoiding rougly 30% damage because of Marth's comboing ability.

Brawl: Bowser starts a Fsmash and, because of his heavy armor, his attack is successfully executed, sending Marth flying and giving Bowser a magical edgeguarding opprotunity.

Why is this significant? Well, other than the fact that I used Marth for a Brawl example, these two results are substantially different; might even turn a few heads. However, grabs have always overprioritized EVERYTHING, especially Marth's grabs, as a basic rule of priority in Smash. If Marth focuses on grabbing Bowser, then Bowser's heavy armor is for show and nothing more.

Whatever.

EDIT: Oh, and that one piccie, you know the one I mean, the one that shows Ike owning Samus y Bowser...would I be correct in saying that this stage is Rumble Falls?

...which, from an official standpoint, means absolutely nothing. It's deffinately the strongest rumor we've had for a while. Good food for thought, as the saying goes.

To anyone who seriously thought "Aether" would be a Final Smash, I have this to say: You were wrong. ^^
wait...it was a rumor? we did people start saying that it was a rumor? actually where, ive only been posting on the threads ive been on from 3 days ago. someone sent a link to me of the interview of (cant remember his name at the moment). he said hes been working with Sakurai for years and hes making the designs....but if im way far off oh well w/e

EDIT: oh n jus to say, i already posted on the Ike/Marth poll about Aether. :chuckle:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I thought Peach was confirmed for Brawl because...she is Peach?

I like how the heavy characters seem to have 'heavy armor' this time around (or whatever it is commonly called). It makes me think that the game will be more balanced. I'm also afraid that grabing might now be overpowered. Why is that? Let me demonstrate...through example!

EDIT: Oh, and that one piccie, you know the one I mean, the one that shows Ike owning Samus y Bowser...would I be correct in saying that this stage is Rumble Falls?
Well, yes, but for all of those sticklers that say "tut, tut" to anyone willing to bet their left arm that Peach is back in just because she was so popular in Melee--one such as myself--it is necessary to have Sakurai's recognition to reconfirm any returning characters. There are still people that refuse to say with absolute certainty that Peach is back, even though it is painfully obvious (to me, anyway).

I like the "heavy armor" feature, too. Kudos to Sakurai for balancing! I dunno if grabbing will be overpowered, but I'm sure he'll update sometime about how grabbing works in Brawl. Maybe he will have changed that as well....

Yes, you are correct: the stage is, in fact, Rumble Falls. Notice the beanstalk growing in the background.

Sensai

Smash Master
Snake's Up B results in sex on a boat. The question, then, is this: sex on a boat = boat sex ?

(There, Rhyme. And I enjoyed your boat sex joke, haha.)

I am really excited about having moves that allow for people to not flinch (a la Aether or Yoshi's jump at low percents in Melee). Makes me hopeful that Ganon can just swat away an annoying waveshining Fox in Brawl. Yay, so excited.

DrSuperSteve

Smash Cadet
of course Snake will be in the game. how come some people still say that? hes just not on the Brawl site yet. like i say, Sakurai like playing with our freakin minds dude!
He is most definately playing mind games with us. He probably has an account here on boards and posts random propaganda.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Went down to the shore Sunday. Just got back. Nice updates, I'm really liking all these new items. And as for Ike's moveset I've come to two theories:

1) He's DEFINITELY taking over Roy's place in the roster with that chargable B move. It seems like a cross between Roy's completely charged B and the Wario Waft. You won't have to wait for it to charge on it's own, you'll have to charge it yourself, but it will always explode at release. (At least that's what I think it will do.) And I love sinking it into the ground, there's going to be some NASTY screenshots with that move let me tell you. *cough*Peachwithaswordthroughherchest*cough*

2) I knew Ike's uB would be Aether AND I knew it would act like Kirby's uB except without the projectile finish. Also, from the looks of it, that move will get you some height! Dayumn!

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman
Snake's Up B results in sex on a boat. The question, then, is this: sex on a boat = boat sex ?

(There, Rhyme. And I enjoyed your boat sex joke, haha.)

I am really excited about having moves that allow for people to not flinch (a la Aether or Yoshi's jump at low percents in Melee). Makes me hopeful that Ganon can just swat away an annoying waveshining Fox in Brawl. Yay, so excited.

yep snake wont have a sex kick he will have a sex kill

hes a deadly ******* and am gonna luv owning people with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom