• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depster

Smash Champion
ya, or drag and drop like the opening in the original smash bros game how master hand drops mario on a desk and sets up a makeshift stage for mario and whoever to fight on...

Sensai

Smash Master
It would be more expensive and probably not as reliable (in the case of the nunchuck).

I really really wish they had put rumble into the CC, though...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
It would be more expensive and probably not as reliable (in the case of the nunchuck).

I really really wish they had put rumble into the CC, though...
Or at the very least, let VC games played with GCN controllers rumble. Seriously: what the heck?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Aww, no rumble? That reminds me of PS3's controller, that blows since rumble is such a nice little touch to have. Feedback is always good ^.^

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
The SIXAXIS is supposedly going to be redistributed with rumble by year's end.

Anyway, yeah: no rumble in anything besides the Wiimote and GCN controllers. And no rumble in VC games. It really stinks up the StarFox64 experience...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
They should make an N64 version of the CC. I hear the problem with some of the VC N64 games are that the controls feel weird or they don't respond the same way as they did with the other controller. Like the change from the C-buttons to the C-stick.

I was considering combining an N64 controller and tweak it to run through the wire of a GC controller... but then I remembered I'm not that smart.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
There are two problems with that.

1 - The N64, outside of the control stick, was poorly designed.
2 - All the 64 VC games work fine on a Classic Controller. The most issues I have are in fact with the GCN controller. For instance, in Super Mario World, you have to hold in Y to run and B to jump, right? Well, Nintendo in all their infinite wisdom, saw fit to rigidly stick to that, and so you have to hold in the Y button on the GCN pad and press B to jump. Terrible.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Like the Chief said, n64 games work fine with the CC controller, the only problems arise with games like SMW for the SNES. I've got SF64 and SM64 currently on my Wii, and i haven't had a hiccup (though the lack of SF's rumble saddens me)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Deva's pro-choice, what? :laugh:

Anyway, I've been gone for a few days and there's like...nine pages of new stuff that I don't feel like reading, even though I usually read everything. :ohwell: But that's ok, I'll just jump back into the Brawl discussion tomorrow when the update comes in.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Whoa! New dojo update! Although, it heralds bad things for other updates...

Two special moves? Out of five? There could be three posts just for one character's moves (including their Super Smash)! Man, we're NEVAR going to get new info...

I am interested by Pit's recovery though. I assume to "fly freely" means travel a la PK Thunder.

Adi

Smash Lord
Hmm interesting, looks like instead of multiple jumps Pit just has B-up which lasts for a large amount of time...unless he has both O.o.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wow, the newbies have landed.

Yes, characters will have double jumps in addition to recoveries. And we already know Pit has more than 2 (at least 3) jumps, so with this new recovery, he's become an even better recoverer.

Toasty!

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the newbies have landed.

Yes, characters will have double jumps in addition to recoveries. And we already know Pit has more than 2 (at least 3) jumps, so with this new recovery, he's become an even better recoverer.
:D

Maybe everyone has a float mode, or just some, like Kirby or Jigglypuff.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Good update!
It could have been great if they gave us the other two special moves. What's up with only two? I mean c'mon Sakurai, you love making us thirst for more.

I KNEW Pit's upB would be the Icarus Wings. I doubt it will do damage though, and I think it might be like Yoshi's second jump, where you can attack him and give him damage but he won't flinch.

The arrows look great. I didn't like the look of the blue arrow in the bow, but when Pit released it and it gave that beautiful blue streak... let's just say I fell in love.

>I wonder what tomorrow's update will be?<

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
im pretty sure that just characters that can normally fly in their own games will have more than the normal 2 number of jumps.

pits up+b sounds to me like you'll pretty much get complete control over where pit goes for a short amount of time, ex. you could use the up+b on corneria starting on the lasers and control yourself left, then up above the ship, then to the right, and then the up+b would run out and you would fall to the ground. if its what im thinking, pit is gonna have a recovery comparable to jiggy's in melee.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Now do you think that will kill Jiggly's chances of returning? I don't care so much if she doesn't, in fact I kind of like her/him/it, but Jiggly took the place of Pit in the original Smash, and now Pit has this wicked recovery that you said (and are right about IMO) would rival Jiggly's. Just makes it seem like she/him/it isn't needed anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom