• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depster

Smash Champion
In the trailer, did pit fly off as soon as he shot his arrow? or did he stand there and watch?

Someone look that up

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
In the trailer, did pit fly off as soon as he shot his arrow? or did he stand there and watch?

Someone look that up
That was just a cinematic. No actual gameplay footage was shown of Pit shooting his arrow. Anything shown in the CG part of the trailer wouldn't matter because they can alter it as much as they want to make it look cool.

But if you're talking about Pit standing there after he shot it yes he did. And smiled at Meta Knight.

But if you're talking about recoil from the arrow (like Mewtwo's shadowball), then no I don't believe there will be any recoil knockback from the arrow. In the picture, he seemed very stationary after shooting it.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
The SSBB official site states that Pit's up-special move is called "Wings of Icarus," but wouldn't it make more sense to call it the "Pegasus Wings" since that is one of the three sacred treasure alongside the Mirror Shield and the Arrow of Light that Pit must find in the original Kid Icarus? Besides, if anyone knows the actual myth of Icarus, he fell to his death after his man-made wings didn't work so well, so why would we want to have a move called that? Maybe cuz the move doesn't last?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
i think pit's arrow will do something like din's fire but more accuracy and it still can be shined :):):) i will main warrio for kicks and origonallity

GenG

Smash Lord
The SSBB official site states that Pit's up-special move is called "Wings of Icarus," but wouldn't it make more sense to call it the "Pegasus Wings" since that is one of the three sacred treasure alongside the Mirror Shield and the Arrow of Light that Pit must find in the original Kid Icarus? Besides, if anyone knows the actual myth of Icarus, he fell to his death after his man-made wings didn't work so well, so why would we want to have a move called that? Maybe cuz the move doesn't last?
The Pegasus Wings are a different item, which granted Pit infinite fly in the last stage. This Wings of Icarus of sorts was a buyable item in shops (called Angel Feather) and saved Pit when falling into deadly pits; Then the item automatically triggered and Pit started to fly upwards for a while, enough time to take ground again.

So that's it: The Pegasus Wings are not the Wings of Icarus.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
The Pegasus Wings are a different item, which granted Pit infinite fly in the last stage. This Wings of Icarus of sorts was a buyable item in shops (called Angel Feather) and saved Pit when falling into deadly pits; Then the item automatically triggered and Pit started to fly upwards for a while, enough time to take ground again.

So that's it: The Pegasus Wings are not the Wings of Icarus.

Oh cool good then. That would make way more sense. So then what do you think Pit's final smash could be? It really hard to tell. I was thinking maybe something to do with a shower of arrows (though that would be sorta lame-ish), or something more on the side of a heavenly ray of light type of thing?

Also, I hope that the huge blast that Samus unleashes in the first SSBB trailer right before she is shown in her Zero Suit is not her Final Smash. I for one would like to see her have something really new to the Smash Brothers games, not just an even more powerd up version of a move that already takes powering up. Then again, Marios fire blast is sorta along those lines, too. I would just liek to see the Final Smashes be more like what Kirby's seemed to be- the "Cook" ability- a move that makes sense for the character but is new to the Smash series.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
pit arrows

Are you just able to curve the arrows or will you be more able to control them like dins fire.

from what i can tell, my guess would be just a curve. he says the arrows move fast as light or something like that, so I would imagine controlling it like din's fire would be too hard.

Sensai

Smash Master
Why has no one posted about the super item...? Maybe you guys have, subtley, and I missed it.

Anyways, Smashbros.com says that the thing that causes those super attacks are items. That's pretty much it.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
the super item = final smash. does anyone have any ideas for what the final smash for any of the confirmed characters besides mario will be? i'm curious to know what others think about it. also, since it is called a "final smash," do you think it will actually finish off the opponents as a sort of finishing move, or do you think it will just be a really powerful in-fight move?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Well we have seen Kirby's, Links, and Warios, but we need Pits and Pikachu's. I take it that Snakes is something about that box and Samus' is that big blast.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Well we have seen Kirby's, Links, and Warios, but we need Pits and Pikachu's. I take it that Snakes is something about that box and Samus' is that big blast.
Well Wario's Final smash isn't confirmed, and the trailer doesn't make it as obvious as Kirby 's and Link's that it is his Final Smash, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are right. As for samus, I hope that isn't her Final Smash, but again, I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

So then, lets say that huge blast is Samus's Final Smash- the trailer shows that after she does it, her power suit comes off and she is revealed in her zero suit. Do you think that any other characters will undergo a de-powered/alternate state after initiating their Final Smash moves?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Flatuence would be better word use but it is not confirmed...we can only asume.

From who we have seen, no one(but maybe Samus) will undergo a transformation but again, we don't even have info on a quarter of the characters so we will have to wait and see.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thats not necessarily her final smash it might have just been used for cinematic purposes but it would be kool if that is her smash.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
samus you think she will transform like sheik? or be a playbale charecter if so i will miss the bombs :( alot i think her final smash should be a mega powered smart bomb. i assume marth and roy will go to town on a certain charecter if they get the final smash. I'm really intrested in falcons maybe he runs you over :) with his f-zero? or Peach pulls a super stitch face ,Pickachu makes it rain thunderbolts, jiggy gets a microphone for a globall sleep :) , boweser turns to giga boweser momentarlly. iono those would all be cool ideas :) and most likely from my sources sonic will be there :):):)

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Wario's flatulence has been confirmed as a move, but it is not stated to what capacity it will be applied to the actual gameplay- i.e. Final Smash vs. regualr special move, or if it is as powerful as it is shown in the trailer or if it is just exaggerated for cinematics. Same goes for Samus's big blast.
Also, ponder this: Sakurai stated that Samus's Zero suit is not an actual character addition, but that Samus dons the ZS under "certain circumstances." would you guess that the player will be able to return to regular Samus after meeting the "circumstances" for the Zero Suit ? Do you think that it will be anything like Sheik/Zelda? I know I would preferably not want it to be like Sheik/Zelda since its been done. If Sheik/Zelda were put back in the game, then it would be sorta repetitious to have two transforming characters. it also doeswn't seem liek it would make sense with Samus's background to have her transforming into anything besides a ball.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Samus might become zamus once she has been hit by a final smash not perform it.

But maybe once you have done something in the one player you would be able to change into zamus on the character select screen and play as her for the rest of the match.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I was also thinking, maybe if Fox's super smash could be something do to with utilizing the Great Fox or an Arwing to take the other fighters down.

As for Snake, I don't think his final smash would be the box thing. That seems rather small/defensive for a "Final Smash." His is hard to predict, also. Since Sakurai said he wants to try to focus Snake's moves around explosives and such, my guess is it will be some sort of bomb that targets the other fighters somehow. I am excited to learn about his moveset though. IN the second trailer you can see him use a rocket launcher, so I'll bet thats one of his special moves. I wonder what his up-special could be? you thinnk it would more of an attack, like yoshi's egg-throw, or will it provide a third jump, like mario's coin jump or samus's screw attack?

Stryks

Smash Hero
The rocket launcher would be a lame special attack, many have already agreed that its probably his Dsmash, and since no character did show his B moves, Im guessin that indeed its the Dsmash...

Anyway, Maybe his super [snake] would be after he grabs it, either he summons his own metal gear, or something and starts shooting the enemies...

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
that's not a bad prediction, Legolastom. I guess its still too hard for me to say if i agree or not. I feel like Sakurai's statement about ZS Samus not being a "character addition" kind of rules out the option to choose her as a character by herself, but you never know, either. I've heard some people say they want Zelda and Sheik to be separate characters, also, which i think worse things could happen. And since Dr. Mario (*coughlamecough*) was alongside Mario in Melee, i still feel unsure.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Dr. Mario is actually better in most cases against his counter part mario but he did get droped so owwell.. lol pills off the ledge pill recovery double pills pill L cancel grab classic lol :)

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario is actually better in most cases against his counter part mario but he did get droped so owwell.. lol pills off the ledge pill recovery double pills pill L cancel grab classic lol :)

we dont know for sure who has been dropped and who hasn't. until an official announcement is made, none of us can jump to conclusions just yet.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Considering Dr. Mario was an addition purely for padding purposes, it's a safe bet to say he won't be returning
What do you mean by "padding"?

It looks like Samus will become Zamus after her Final Smash. That's kinda what I'm hoping for. But it will be weird to be playing as Samus, then do your Final Smash and have to be Zamus. Maybe I like Samus, and really don't like Zamus? OR visa versa? Maybe in the beginning, you should only be able to become Zamus with the Smash Ball (dumb name btw), but after unlocking something mid-game, you should be able to be Zamus from the start if you wanted.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Dr Mario was one of the clones added simply because they were running out of time when creating characters for Melee, and needed some space fillers. and I doubt ZSS hinges completely on using the Final Smash. ZSS is probably used when you either shed the armor on your own (like a taunt or something) or after you've taken a certain amount of damage.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure that power shot is probably Samus' final smash, but that won't be the only way to use Zamus. I'm sure "overheating" the suit, or allowing it to take "critical damage" will lead to the Zero suit.

and on another note. Whayt do you think the tier list will look like, based on what we know already?

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I see Fox (and Falco, if he returns...) being nerfed in the same way Kirby and Ness were from 64 to Melee. anyways,

Top Tier: Metaknight
High: Zamus, Pit
Mid: 'chu, Kirby, Mario
Low: Snake, Link, Fox
Bottom Wario

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Kirby from 64 was high/top teir, Kirby in Melee was low tier. It will likly continue this way from Melee to Brawl, with the top tiers being nerfed (*****) to the low tiers. Such is the circle of smash...

DK FOR GOD TIER!

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I don't know, maybe they'll try to balance the game a bit more this time. That indeed means Fox will be nerfed, but perhaps not as much as Kirby from SSB64 to SSBM.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
That's basically what I'm hoping for. I want to see everyone on the Top Tier (if that makes sense). What I'm saying is that I want every character to play to their full potential, and every person should have an even chance playing any other character as their favorite character. Mewtwo vs Fox should be a good match, not Fox making a complete mess of Mewtwo.

It's difficult to watch a level 70 legendary psychic type pokemon be disgraced like that.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Fox isn't going to get nerfed too much, and he'll still be top/high or mid-high tier at least. Kirby is gonna get buffed (without steroids hopefully), and will be a lot like his SSB64 self most likely, minus most of those cheap, but still awsome spamming attacks! O and Wario will probably be mid to mid-low tier, along with Pit, and maybe Zamus, though she could be mid-high tier as well. And Snake is definitely not going to be low tier, there is no chance watsoever. Besides, he'll at least be3 mid to mid-high tier.

My list of confirmed characters in tier form!

Top: MetaKnight
High: Fox, Snake, and Kirby
Mid: Mario, Link, and Zamus
Low: Wario and Pit
Bottom: Pickachu

Virtually it will be close, and the tiers will be as close as ever, if not closer! So expect to see them vary even more than the Melee tiers, which vary a lot! Let's just hope Nintendo can deliver what we are hopingand waiting for=Brawl is friggen awsome!!!! :)

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
well, I think Mew2 got the shaft as he was based largly on his film outing, which is a pansey compared to his in-game self.

As long as it's a fighting games there will be teirs, this means nerfing and buffing between the iterations to find the closest thing to a perfect balance...Alas, it is the circle of smash. Not to be confused with the circle of life. Characters will be nerfed, characters will be buffed, and all shall be evened out. Melee wasn't horribly imbalanced like other fighters, but things will still change. the space animals will be nerfed in the sameway a tentacle monster penetrates a japanese schoolgirl. Poor shiek has been nerfed into oblivion (most likely). Fox as you know him in Melee shall not exist in Brawl, he will be recovering from the circle of smash.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
well, I think Mew2 got the shaft as he was based largly on his film outing, which is a pansey compared to his in-game self.

As long as it's a fighting games there will be teirs, this means nerfing and buffing between the iterations to find the closest thing to a perfect balance...Alas, it is the circle of smash. Not to be confused with the circle of life. Characters will be nerfed, characters will be buffed, and all shall be evened out. Melee wasn't horribly imbalanced like other fighters, but things will still change. the space animals will be nerfed in the sameway a tentacle monster penetrates a japanese schoolgirl. Poor shiek has been nerfed into oblivion (most likely). Fox as you know him in Melee shall not exist in Brawl, he will be recovering from the circle of smash.
You're right about pretty much everything. This game won't be perfect, but I suspect it to be closer to perfection than Melee was. Mewtwo does need to represent what he really is and show what he really can do. Making him suck so badly just proves there's no love for the uberpkmn at all. I think it's time for him to hit an aerial neutral A and shine like the star he is.

And it's good to know you think that Falco and Shiek come back too. I wuv them so much. I'd be pissed to see Shiek go, she needs to stay just to know Nintendo hasn't given up on the greatest adventure game ever. That's right, I'm talking about you "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time".

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
granted I think the only characters leaving from Melee will be the padding (like Dr. Mario and Pichu). I think it's likely, and at least arguable that everyone else will return. The remaining clones will just be Luigified. I'm sure Falco will return, Shiek is a little shakey, considering TP Zelda doesn't do the transformation thing again. I can see her getting her own slot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom