• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Marth Main

Albert.

Smash Master
This is stolen from boards who stole it from other boards

... what are your bad habits with Marth? Your mistakes, What you hate about Marth?

:) this should be a fun thread, I want to hear from Neo and Steel

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I hate getting past projectiles. Not having one auto puts him at a disadvantage on approaching, and pretty much forces him to approach against most people in this "don't approach or lose" kind of game. I also hate HATE HATE his lack of a safe kill move. If he had something like MKs down smash or something I would be so happy because I have such trouble killing unless it's a gimp. Especially stupidly heavy characters like Snake and DK who can kill you/gimp you back so much easier.

My main problems are that I have a lot of trouble killing and that I can be predictable sometimes. I also fiend for smashes/grabs sometimes which I don't do so much as I used to.

I'm stepping my **** up though :)

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
I hate it when i fail to pressure someone. I just can't get back into my game because after that i keep failing. And i try it again and fail. And then i gimp em with dair and thats fun:D
And i hate ness, idk why.
Also i havent got SB down yet, which kinda sucks. I hit their shields, but they never break:(
And i always get hit by nades lol.

Vitamin_x

Smash Apprentice
I use fsmash too much. Fixing that crappy habit right now.

I hate trying to dash grab with marth. Why can't it be nice like MK's? MK's throws do 2-3 times more damage AND his pummel is 3%. I fail at marth's grab game, I can only pull of shield grabs. :|

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I confess. I lose half Marth's playability by omitting short hop from main gameplay. I just can't get into the habit of short hopping instead of jumping. Maybe its because I've been playing smash since 2004 but didn't find out about short hop till 2008. :(

Snow Striker

Smash Rookie
My bad habit is that even though I haven't really played Melee nearly as much as I've been playing Brawl since Brawl came out, I still overestimate Marth's sword length, causing me to miss and leaving me defenseless after a foward smash.

His foward smash is so short :(

~Snow

Chuee

Smash Hero
Another bad habit of mine is attempting the ken combo when im sandbagging.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
nobody knows what that is, newb

CK's post = "my bad habit is jumping into the ****"

"The CK" is a term for diving head first into a devastating attack, causing the lost of your stock

BentoBox

Smash Master
Not being able to play Marth for crap. I don't even have the dancing blade timing down, LoL.

edit: ok so I don't really main Marth :<

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol Neo I won't copy you.

My problem with Marth is I can't always choose my moments correctly, yet I have to be airtight in my spacing until I can find my moment (for some matchups that spacing vaires, of course) to attack.

Freezewish

Smash Ace
My bad habit is using fsmash when the opponent is on the ledge expecting them to do "the CK" :laugh: I guess I could use more uptilt too. :ohwell:

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I have a bad habit of losing focus when my opponeent is at kill percents, enig up in a few bad situations on my part. -.-

Top Bottom