• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Mario Main

SKidd

Smash Master
I have a confession... I don't actually main Mario...

I main... Dr. Mario.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
well I played lain ICs and nearly won and he told me that mario was holding me back and that i should pick up a high tier character. I didnt want to believe it but that might be the truth.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
But then That would just make things easier witch is boring.

Then again......... ....

SKidd

Smash Master
Don't drop Mario :(
just use metak... I mean, higher tierer characters moar :D

Veggi

Smash Champion
well I played lain ICs and nearly won and he told me that mario was holding me back and that i should pick up a high tier character. I didnt want to believe it but that might be the truth.
The lower a character is on the tier list the more it holds you back. He wasn't giving you any new information. Pick the character you think helps you enjoy the game the most. If you only care about winning you might as well just go straight to MK. If there isn't a character you enjoy playing with then your time is better spent doing other things.

Famous

Smash Champion
I do the same thing because I'm use to plating with Luigi as well...I'll forget for a split second then Down-B thinking I'm Luigi...

I rarely do it now but man...

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I do the same thing because I'm use to plating with Luigi as well...I'll forget for a split second then Down-B thinking I'm Luigi...

I rarely do it now but man...
I do that some times

I play as Mario alot and use Down smash

But When I play as snake I forget who I am and do his down smash right next to the enemy.....

forgetting that he doesn't have a sweep attack like other characters

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It's hard for me to play Luigi because I'm so used to Mario. It takes me a couple of seconds in a set to remember that Luigi's fireballs don't actually bounce. I do love the weegee tornado, though.
____

Confession: I got literally ***** at my last tournament and didn't get out of pools. They consisted of: King Beef (Peach), Joey (Peach/MK), Braxton (Lucario), Slim (MK/Kirby) and Darell (CF/MK). Feels bad, man. That being said, the Lucario set wasn't that bad and I didn't get ***** by KB. There are a few positives.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I read Juu's post and then looked at his avatar and Lol'd.

My confession; I like using Mario and Luigi because I won't feel as bad if I lose with them, unlike Snake or MK. ((I ALWAYS lose when I play MK))

SKidd

Smash Master
how can you lose using MK

... I was playing DR3W's IC's on wifi with mk earlier.

he *****, so i lost.

Famous

Smash Champion
GaW would probably be your best bet against MK if you second GaW...I'll probably regret not training my GaW at Apex...

BSP

Smash Legend
G and W is ok..but you could do better with Snake or Falco. MK outspeeds G and W in nearly every aspect.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
My confession is that... I've been playing less and less Mario. I've been playing more and more Brawl-, you see, and Brawl- Lucas is just too hilarious for me to play anyone else (unless I'm playing with my n00b friends, then I go Cfal and only use Fair and upB). Mario's still definitely my vBrawl Main, though.

Also, I'm Moving to Montreal! Any Montreal Marios? I certainly hope so.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
My confession is that... I've been playing less and less Mario. I've been playing more and more Brawl-, you see, and Brawl- Lucas is just too hilarious for me to play anyone else (unless I'm playing with my n00b friends, then I go Cfal and only use Fair and upB). Mario's still definitely my vBrawl Main, though.

Also, I'm Moving to Montreal! Any Montreal Marios? I certainly hope so.

Meee!! I'm from Montreal!!

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
I started charging my smashes against my friends as a mindgame/response to reading a spotdodge.

They still haven't realized that our usual exchanges of spotdodges don't work anymore.

And @SKidd - I'm fluent, thank you very much. My biggest problem is that now I'm in the region with some of the best in the country (I believe it's Montreal, It might be Quebec).

Another confession: I'm picking up fox. I'm finding him as intuitive to play as as when I picked up Mario. This is a bad sign.

*edit* NINJA'D!!! Also, YAY!!! I'll make contact sometime in September. See you then.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Psh, my french blows, but the other smashers here have really good french. We got really cool guys here in Montreal like Holy, Swordgard, KingKong, etc :)

Top Bottom