• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Mario Main

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
We don't even know that knowing the MK MU perfectly will even matter. I still play Mario vs MK, but I'll probably stop if I get my Falco up to par. Which brings the MU's I won't play Mario in up to 2-3. (D3, Marth[just about] and MK).

Also, playing Mario against M2K is dumb and pointless. He lives here and I've played him more than a few times. One, he doesn't even remotely take it seriously and two, he doesn't even need to. M2K doesn't know a ton of matchups because of what I just said. He doesn't have to.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Boss can't beat M2K...He picks apart all of his characters...

Also, If Flameleon thinks he can beat M2K by playing like the "perfect textbook Mario" then he will lose...M2K reads and remembers all textbooks sadly..The only way you would have a chance of winning is to play random by switching your playstyle up constantly during the set...Have to do the unpredictable...Why do you think I UpB after Dthrow or techchase with DSmash?
Much respect to you broski, you know your stuff 4sho.
always been a fan of your mario since watching you in "Do The Mario 3"
& ditto friendlies with boss.

you make a good point there btw, m2k reads & remembers all textbooks? curse m2k.
thanks for the tip also, UpB after Dthrow or techchase with Dsmash.
I just techchase with reverse Up-smash.....back of mario's head is his sweet spot.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh... yeah, a Mario beating M2K isn't going to happen anytime soon. The guy is ridiculous. I was proud to get him to 1 stock when he was sandbagging as Kirby XD (And the random grounded hammer I got on him is the highlight of my smash career.)

I tried Mario on him 1 game... got gimped 3 times in a row in less than 2 minutes. ****, I did better with Ganon against him than I did Mario.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Heh... yeah, a Mario beating M2K isn't going to happen anytime soon. The guy is ridiculous. I was proud to get him to 1 stock when he was sandbagging as Kirby XD (And the random grounded hammer I got on him is the highlight of my smash career.)

I tried Mario on him 1 game... got gimped 3 times in a row in less than 2 minutes. ****, I did better with Ganon against him than I did Mario.
The highlight of my smash career is probably hitting Holy with a falcon punch, but I think he let me since he dropped his shield right before getting hit...
I go Luigi against him and only get gimped 9/10 times now!

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
-I have no FLUDD skills at all >_> I only remember once gimping someone with that move (and this doesnt count since it was on WiFail)
-When playing against Falco I always think that I can counter him with Mario. This has cost me a few money matches.
-I dont use D-tilt enough. Such a waste not to use a move as powerful as that one :/

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
The highlight of my smash career is probably hitting Holy with a falcon punch, but I think he let me since he dropped his shield right before getting hit...
I go Luigi against him and only get gimped 9/10 times now!
Ah, moving up in the world, I see. My recent highlight was getting a kill in 2v2 within the first second of the match by Fairing an Olimar while screaming "BEST MOVE EVAR!!!!!!" I almost got it to work a second time in the same match, except stupid castle seige saved him :/

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Fair is pretty decent to intercept edgeguarders, but then they learn their lesson and it never happens again -_-

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
you gotta use it as an "OMGWTH" mixup. like the cape. Also, Dash attack is awesome. I'm pretty sure you can duck under falco's lazers with it (I mean, I can duck under pit's arrows with it, so...)

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
so true, I use fair more defensively than offensively
sometimes i try to WTF it onstage in an attempt to jablock

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I've gotta do work. Unfortunately, my disk is scratched... :ohwell:

FORTUNATELY, Juxtapose has introduced me to the other guys here in Montreal.

UNFORTUNATELY, They are waaaaaaaaay better than me.
yeah that the best way to have it IMO. when you get to their lvl, your mario will kick *** son

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I've gotta do work. Unfortunately, my disk is scratched... :ohwell:

FORTUNATELY, Juxtapose has introduced me to the other guys here in Montreal.

UNFORTUNATELY, They are waaaaaaaaay better than me.
Umm...I was replying to what "That Guy" said. But hope ya get a new disk. :roll:

:mario: <---Da Bess

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Eh I play Luigi a lot more now and I'm starting to pick up Falco, but I'm never dropping Mario!

lilchrome850

Smash Rookie
I JV 4 stocked a Falco. On BF. He jumped off the ledge to shoot lasers like the japanese Falco. i fireball gimped him

I love mario! heeeee

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
,I want to main :mario2:, drop :marth: pick up :metaknight:, also, :lucas: will always be my best.
There are so many characters I like, i'm just not sure....

My confession: I SUCK, and I only use :mario2: for cape shenanigans

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
I should pick up marth. And work on my ICs. And work on my Mario. And my Fox. And figure out how to properly play Peach. And then work on properly playing Peach. And TL. And Diddy Kong (maybe). And Falcon. And Mario again. And Lucas. And Jigglypuff. And Random. And Luigi. And Ike. And...

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
Also, douh you have a IC?!
Yes and no. ICs was my first secondary, but I wasn't playing very often, so I had no practice whatsoever. Other seconds that I had were a bit easier to learn, so ICs kinda fell along the wayside. So I'm not good in any way at ICs yet. I also can't practice them now because they are one of the few characters who freeze the game whenever I try to play as them.

ItzameMario

Smash Rookie
I have played Mario since melee.

I also have switched around mains for quite some times until finally settling in at Mario.
(Includes: Pit, Olimar, MK (only because of his epic brokeness), and Lucario)

I now play Mario and Captain Falcon because they both are seriously awesome.

Top Bottom