• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Mario Main

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
KingKong ***** me when I first played him. Doesn't help that I didn't know the Bowser matchup at all.

GUARD is from Montreal, right? I met him and his posse a few times.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Yeah GUARD is in Montreal, hes the Fox player. I just joined them in smashing recently.
And yeah, KingKong's Bowser is beast lol

SKidd

Smash Master
Beware of Juxt

... He's a MAJOR pedo, ****** up to 20 year olds.

Oh, and what time is it in quebec

UberMario

Smash Master
In my first Brawl tourney I chose to not use Fludd or fireballs (that's my confession, for some reason I thought that a "close combat Mario" would be unique and whatnot), I came out 4th out of 36. >_>; Don't ask how I did it, I don't even remember the name of the tournament, it was at some game store over a year ago.

My other Mario main confession, and this one I really don't get at all, is that one of my hardest matchups is a Mario ditto, I actually have to counterpick with Yoshi . . . . . .

How can I have a relatively easier time against characters like Falco, Pikachu, and Kirby, yet have that much trouble against my own character? I even tend to do better against Luigi than Mario . . . . ~_~

Sure it sounds n00bish that I have trouble in a ditto, but I don't see myself as being THAT bad . . . .

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
You have the hardest time because it's like playing yourself but more annoying and with capes, fireballs and FLUDD's. That's really it. I liked the ditto when I was a newer player, but now not so much. It's frustrating playing against a Mario and a lot of people have a better general technical Mario than I do... lol.

My confession? I lose more often to low tiers than to many others. (Lucas, Ness, Ike). I'm going to chalk it up to being unfamiliar and well... I'm not at the point where I can **** people by auto-piloting. Also, I've hit a point where Diddy is more frustrating than he used to be... lol.

SKidd

Smash Master
my confession is

i can't play noobs.

like, mario dittos, it's a n00b who just started maining mario and watched all of Bo's combo videos.
he spams cape and fludd and dthrow and uair, and i **** up everything. EVERYTHING. it's so frustrating.

alternatively, a n00b who just started maining mario and watched Under Fire one and two, gets 3 stocked by me. twice.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
My confession: I play Luigi more than I play Mario, and I'll probably play Pit more than my Luigi too, a few days from now.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
My mario Confession is.....

I didn't like mario @ first when brawl came out, so i use wolf most of the time until i learn how to use
the great mario again by my good friend & fellow mario mainer "Takeshi"
Yes, i believe in mr.god-tier (Mario) once again. :)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
And, while I can't say I've dropped Mario, he's become a third and mainly friendlies/low tiers character for me. Wolf has stolen the limelight and become my new (now tourny viable) secondary.

SKidd

Smash Master
Then you must have never been to a tourney or played a ranked player.

Famous

Smash Champion
I know the meta lame match-up, so i don't really lose much matches against meta knight
@ all. :laugh:
What MK's are you playing? If you don't have any problems with those then I'd probably JV 4 Stock the same ones...

The ones down here aren't as easy...

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I thought I knew the meta knight matchup reasonably well.

Then I played Lee Martin................................................... Never. Again.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Ahhh........sounds like i just open up my big mouth....lol

@Skidd: dude, i felt like you troll me yesterday, but it's all good. ;D
and yes, the mk vs. mario match-up is 65:35 mk's way.
i just play smart & safe when it come to mk's, i always lose on rainbow cruz against them btw,
so i'm not as perfect as i sound.
oh, i also watch video's of boss & flameleon to see how well they fight against meta lames.
they both do very well.

Famous

Smash Champion
Yea, they did well in 09..Now they just use secondaries against MK...Well Boss's Luigi isn't considered his secondary anymore

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Yea, they did well in 09..Now they just use secondaries against MK...Well Boss's Luigi isn't considered his secondary anymore
Famous, boss don't use luigi as a secondary anymore? *shocked face*
oh & my pal flameleon don't use a secondary to fight metaknight....
some people on all is brawl call him "The metaknight killer"...
they must be talking about wi-fi.....:laugh:
i would like for him to come to the u.s.a. & play mew 2 king and see if
he can change the power of the tier list, i feel mario should be higher..
F-list?? C'mon now bro. :lick:

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
No, M2K would destroy Flameleon. :/ I don't know if you've -PLAYED- M2K but it's kind've ridiculous. Not as bad as playing against Lee Martin though.

And Flame isn't even the best Wi-Fi Mario. That's totally Joey. (I think he also goes by Dooms now.)

Famous

Smash Champion
No, I'm saying that Boss mains Luigi since he gets more playtime and everyone that he plays with says the same thing...Mario turned into his secondary...

And yea,,Boss got deleted out of my signature because the websites admin wants to act gay...

Flameleon probably wont be able to beat havok let alone m2k...He needs more offline tourney experience...and even still

UberMario

Smash Master
I was going to go to MLG Orlando a few weeks ago, but since I wasn't aware how significant it was I passed it off as something minor and didn't bother to do so. >_>;

I kind of regret doing so . . . . .
obviously.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
I was going to go to MLG Orlando a few weeks ago, but since I wasn't aware how significant it was I passed it off as something minor and didn't bother to do so. >_>;

I kind of regret doing so . . . . .
obviously.

Straked, I'm hoping you went to MLG...super no johns for you...

Veggi

Smash Champion
I think my tech skill has been going down and some problems I have I don't even know what makes me do them. My largest problem is this stupid thing I do where I hit forward smash in some kind of clutch moment and because of that moment it might have me holding up while hitting right on the d-pad (set to smashes.) Somehow an up smash comes out when I try to forward smash a lot...which has made me miss a bunch of kills even in tourney.

Another thing I mess up a lot is when I need to do a reverse up tilt and I try to buffer it out of an up air or something and I screw it up somehow. It might be because my Wii broke so I can only play Brawl at fests and tourneys or maybe at a friend's house so I don't get enough practice in to remember exactly how the game works.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
No, M2K would destroy Flameleon. :/ I don't know if you've -PLAYED- M2K but it's kind've ridiculous. Not as bad as playing against Lee Martin though.

And Flame isn't even the best Wi-Fi Mario. That's totally Joey. (I think he also goes by Dooms now.)

I didn't say that flameleon will pwn m2k, to be honest, NO mario can destory m2k & his mk.
it's like a auto-loss for us marios, not even boss can beat m2k & his mk, if boss did beat
m2k's mk @ a tourney with mario then someone show me video.
Flameleon believes he is the only mario that got what it takes to beat m2k.
we chat alot on aib.

Famous

Smash Champion
Boss can't beat M2K...He picks apart all of his characters...

Also, If Flameleon thinks he can beat M2K by playing like the "perfect textbook Mario" then he will lose...M2K reads and remembers all textbooks sadly..The only way you would have a chance of winning is to play random by switching your playstyle up constantly during the set...Have to do the unpredictable...Why do you think I UpB after Dthrow or techchase with DSmash?

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
I hate threads like this. Instead of whining about our ****ing character lets get better for a change. And expand the metagame even more further. Sorry guys, I wanted to throw that out for a while....

Top Bottom