• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Lucario Main

KarateF22

Smash Journeyman
I didnt use my Lucario last tournament (in my defense though, it was because i got multiple matchups that were best suited to my other main, ice climbers.... eeeeexcept for marth... because i got a lil cocky and tried fighting marth with icies after multiples 2 and 3 stocks with them :-/)

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Lucario isn't really that bad. He has a good chain grab potentials (up throw and Force Palm). He is one of the most well-balanced characters in Smash, and the "high risk, high return" property gives him a competitive play. In fact, Lucario, in my opinion, is considered to be one of the best to use in tournaments and competitive play. Note that although f-smash may be a tad slow, he does have some kick-*** killers such as down aerial and down smash as well as good juggling capabilities with up-tilt. I also use his counterattack, Double Team, very liberally when I have a chance as well.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I've been seeing another character! (sob)
It's nothing wrong with you lucario (besides meh approach options), it's me.
It's not what you think!

Lucario: Snake?

Yes, Snake.

NOOOOOOOOooooo!

Sanu

Smash Champion
Oh, I thought this thread was about people confessing their undying furry love for Lucario.

*whistles while slowly backing out of the topic*

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Im sad to say, im considering quitting competitive brawl, i cant ever go to tourneys. Im 14 my parents wont let anyone take me unless its a friend,(WHO DOESNT OWN A CAR LOL), and hes 18. They wont let me have on ehere, the local gamestop/ebgames are ***s and wont even consider it.

Oh and i am considering dropping lucario bcuz i cant progress, i have no personal tutor to get me past the huge plataeu, i cant even see the top of it its so huge, and well the inner lucario have in my soul is dying D:

I need some serious help, ive looked at every match up and have prcticed the ones i can, plz someone help me!

my young patawan soul is being broken apart by the failure i have with lucario, ive only won bcuz of flukes.

Ive counted, ive won 27 and a half times becuz i accidently rubbed my shouldr or hit the smash button or hit the c stick on accident

ive won 73 times becuz of trips

all this out of 500 games

i need help D.....:

lol im dying and it hurts

edit: 500 and a half

also, i know lucario is for me cuz i luv playing him, i love how he floats around and his potential to come back.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
hang in there moose. I had the same problems before. my confession is i once chopped off the head of my lucario figure.

EDIT- Besides my situation was worse. there are absolutely no official tourneys whatsoever in my whole country. I either have to make one up or attend a tournament when i go abroad. and only 500 brawls???? O_O ?

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
???? I am talking about competitive scale. I told you there are no freaking tournaments whatsoever my friends stink.( well at least to me. ) and my wifi sucks. but at least its finally summer on my place so that means goin abroad for some REAl competition.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
My brother has never won a single match, not even with my 8-year old sister. beaten.

Luccie

Smash Cadet
My brother has never won a single match, not even with my 8-year old sister. beaten.
Maybe we can be friends! (I would have thought you were my brother, but weinner is :()

Also, I just remembered. I beat my little cousin a few times, so I'm somewhat decent.

He's good at Mario Kart DS (Or we just suck at it. But Mario Kart Wii...>:D)

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Dude how little is your little cousin? if its like 5-8 your just cruel. (my brother fought my 8 yr old sis coz he couldnt fight anyone else yet he still payed for it, She's says shes too young to join smashboards yet reads the kirby boards anyway.)

Edit- another confession.(i seem to be giving a lot of these.) My Kirby/Falco/Snake got to better without only minor improvement on my cario. *sob*

rexinator

Smash Apprentice

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
It's not cuz of the way a character looks. If you watch the first episode, it's because of a character's fighting ability while following the 12 man rules. And if you watch episode 4 (Lucario's episode), Lucario's Aura-Sphere is one of the only exceptions to the "Melee over Range" rule. Because it's just THAT manly.

Sigrid Fiinikkusu

Smash Apprentice
It's manly cause the charge can hurt people. :D On another note I haven't played Brawl in nearly 2 weeks. This is only due to the fact that one of my brothers friends is borrowing it. -.-'

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
My confession is that I cheat on Snake with Lucario. Lucario is the other man....furry thing in our relationship. Snake wouldn't like it all but I can't help it. I luvs me some Lucario <3

My real confession is that even though people in my area really like my Snake and it does well in tournaments..I wanna use Lucario and win one with him.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
My confession is almost the opposite of the above post. People have liked my lucario, but I've been suffering in terms of lucario metagame, so now I have practically been switching more and more to marth (especially with my improvements at performing the anti-space animal fthrow chain to dair combo offstage). I've been developing more with snake, PT, and even Diddy.

Thunderfoot

Smash Cadet
I was KO'd twice in one match by eating my own aura sphere. It nearly happened a third time but the power shield saved me.

Andurian

Smash Cadet
I hate the character. He is emo! :p

Seriously though. I only used Lucario at first because of the story mode. I was given the options of a few characters and I didn't like the others and thought Lucario was 'eh'. As a result, I got better with him and didn't stop using him. I don't actually like using him that much heh.

cooki

Smash Cadet
I recently started playing as Dedede and have a bad habit of grabbing then using d-throw and following up with a forward dash as if to chaingrab...

tedward2000

Smash Champion
My new confession is I have slowly gone back to maining lucario, but he won't be at my main spot alone as he once was, kirby is still there.
But apparently my demoncario is back cause a friend of mine last weekend was like "And there's the lucario we've all been missing"
XP
-t2

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Serious Luv 4 Luke

I dropped Lucario for a month and my friend mained it. This was a month or so after Brawl came out in the USA. I've long since not only remained Lucario, but figured out what I was doing wrong with Lucario. It wasn't the character, it was my playstyle.

To this day I regret ever dropping it. You guys will never know how badly I wanted Lucario to be in Brawl, and then I go and drop it (I actually wanted Pit in more than any other character, but since we knew from day one that Pit was a shoe-in, Lucario became my must have). To want this character in so badly, then drop it completely? I'm ashamed.

If Lucario was a food, I would cut my stomach open and shove Lucario in, so I wouldn't have to be bothered with chewing first.

Thunderfoot

Smash Cadet
If Lucario was a food, I would cut my stomach open and shove Lucario in, so I wouldn't have to be bothered with chewing first.
That sounds like the only way you could eat Lucario since he makes rock candy look soft, nd every chew only makes him tougher.
Unless you can gobble him whole like Mr. Steelix and not worry about those spikes.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I roll alot, and I fail at sidestep and shielding game, especially if there is tons of lag. I also have a hard time fastfalling with Lucario.

Moreso, I have also considered going back to Bowser truly as my main. Fire Breath and Koopa Klaw and stuff.

But, Lucario is like the mob, you try to get out, he pulls you back in.

Top Bottom