• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compilation of New Techniques/Discoveries (Updated 3.17.08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ja

Smash Journeyman
Character running speed list

1) Sonic
2) Captain Falcon
3) Fox
4) Zero Suit Samus
5) Shiek
6) Meta Knight
7) Charizard
8) Pikachu
9) Diddy Kong
10) Marth
11) Toon Link
12) Yoshi
13) DK
14) Pit
15) Game & Smash
16) Mario
16) Lucas
17) Yoshi
18) Ivysaur
19) Bowser
20) Robot
21) Falco
22) Samus
23) Lacario
23) Wolf
24) Ness
25) Squirtle
26) Luigi
27) Ike
28) Peach
29) Wario
30) Snake
31) Link
32) King DeDeDe
33) Ganondorf
34) Jiggly Puff

Un1234l

Smash Rookie
Today I checked the dojo and after seeing the "Quick Techniques" headline, I was expecting to see some hidden techniques he didn't tell us.

I was WRONG. He literally pwned us.

Oh well. Now all those who say there is no point in using them, aren't meant to be in the game or are glitches, broken, or just stupid might have to face the fact that they are wrong.

I suspect that Sakurai included these in their updates to help make the non-competitive play at a higher level as to not get their ***** handed to them in Wi-Fi Brawl.

Overall, avery groundbreaking and revolutionary update.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Today I checked the dojo and after seeing the "Quick Techniques" headline, I was expecting to see some hidden techniques he didn't tell us.

I was WRONG. He literally pwned us.

Oh well. Now all those who say there is no point in using them, aren't meant to be in the game or are glitches, broken, or just stupid might have to face the fact that they are wrong.

I suspect that Sakurai included these in their updates to help make the non-competitive play at a higher level as to not get their ***** handed to them in Wi-Fi Brawl.

Overall, avery groundbreaking and revolutionary update.

not really, I heard the original Melee site talked about L-Canceling and DI...

BTW, for anyone wanting to see Usage of Dashing Shield grabs, I'm overusing it in my Ike vs Olimar video, to my friend Fizz's dismay.

It's here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfoWI-rkl2Q

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
^Ryzol

Thanks for posting that.
Was wondering the fast characters.
Maybe thats why i like C.Falcon.
Sonic is MAD

as if purin is last :p
ah oh well, havent unocked her yet :)

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
crazy thread u should also make the vid like in melee! lol ur the new alpha zealot

ZeldaSheik

Smash Cadet
Character running speed list

1) Sonic
2) Captain Falcon
3) Fox
4) Zero Suit Samus
5) Shiek
6) Meta Knight
7) Charizard
8) Pikachu
9) Diddy Kong
10) Marth
11) Toon Link
12) Yoshi
13) DK
14) Pit
15) Game & Smash
16) Mario
16) Lucas
17) Yoshi
18) Ivysaur
19) Bowser
20) Robot
21) Falco
22) Samus
23) Lacario
23) Wolf
24) Ness
25) Squirtle
26) Luigi
27) Ike
28) Peach
29) Wario
30) Snake
31) Link
32) King DeDeDe
33) Ganondorf
34) Jiggly Puff

did Sheik get faster?

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
did Sheik get faster?
Not really. Shiek was always one of the fastest characters.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30064

Running Speed

a ">" means that the character to the left of the ">" ACCELERATES to his/her top speed QUICKER than the character to the right of the ">"

a "=" means the two or three characters between the "=" have the same exact acceleration.

Note: Acceleration was measured with the BUNNY HOOD on, no matter how small and impossible-to-tell the difference (as long as one of my 10000 tests showed a difference than I put the difference down in this list)

1) Captain Falcon
2) Fox
3-5) Sheik > Pikachu > Marth
6) Pichu
7-10) Young Link > Roy > Yoshi > DK
11-15) Falco > Dr. Mario = Mario > Mr. Game & Watch > Bowser
16-20) Samus > Kirby = Mewtwo > Ice Climbers > Ness
21) Ganondorf
22) Luigi
23-24) Link > Peach
25-26) Jigglypuff > Zelda
In fact, by rankings, she's moved down two spots. From third place to fifth.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I just happened upon this thread. Interesting things.
I came across a lot of this myself and wrote a few things in my R.O.B. guide I just posted (Owners Manual). Writing that prompted me into looking for some explanation of a some things I didn't know what was going on. Like my sliding grab thing, that might be some kind of spin off of the sliding toss technique but with a grab instead?
(shrugs)
Well, go read my guide, quote me, link me, whatever, and discuss. Lots to figure out with Brawl.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I have a couple questions...

For starters, with the Shield Cancel Grab... are you supposed to do your standing grab animation or dashing grab animation and should you see the shield pop up for a second?

Also, how do you A. Shorten Wolf's Side B and B. "Waveland" it?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
The OP needs to be updated to include some of the stuff from today's Dojo update as well as some of the other stuff like Toon Link's broken down smash and Bowser's Koopa Klaw Cancel.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I have a couple questions...

For starters, with the Shield Cancel Grab... are you supposed to do your standing grab animation or dashing grab animation and should you see the shield pop up for a second?

Also, how do you A. Shorten Wolf's Side B and B. "Waveland" it?
the whole point of dashing shield grabs, is that you get the standing animation and not the dashing one, which is 99% of the time more laggy and slow than the standing animation, and many times has less reach.

Adi

Smash Lord
Chill the **** out, I already said I wouldn't be able to do this weekend, and yesterday something came up preventing me from doing so. Anyways, I'll probably update this in the afternoon.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Could somebody PLEASE test out the jumping pivot (reverse aerial rush) with DDD?

both me and my friend can do it with other charcters, but not DDD.

also I have never seen it in any DDD vids.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Could somebody PLEASE test out the jumping pivot (reverse aerial rush) with DDD?

both me and my friend can do it with other charcters, but not DDD.

also I have never seen it in any DDD vids.
I think I did it with DDD, but I'm not 100% sure, I'll test it next time I'll have game time.

Seitetsu

Smash Rookie
Can anyone better explain the Reverse Aerial Rush technique? I'm trying to do it with falco because his back spike seems to hit more than his front spike, but everytime I try the technique, I can't get him to turn while keeping forward momentium.

Thanks guys,
Mahou

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Can anyone better explain the Reverse Aerial Rush technique? I'm trying to do it with falco because his back spike seems to hit more than his front spike, but everytime I try the technique, I can't get him to turn while keeping forward momentium.

Thanks guys,
Mahou
basically you run towarsd a Direction, and then jump while pressing the other way and go back to pressing the original direction, you'll get a backwards bound dashing jump and you can Bair out of it.

WiiBrawlers

Smash Rookie
Want to play in ONLINE ORGANIZED TOURNAMENTS for SMASH BROS. BRAWL?
FREE SERVICE.
We are going to hold
1vs1, 2vs2, single elimination, double elimination, swiss, and much much more style tournaments.
Some will have itemless, some with only a certain type of item, the possibilities and fun are endless.
Sign-up is as easy as 1,2,3 at
www.WiiBrawlers.com
If you have any questions contact me at email address: wiibrawlers@gmail.com
Or AIM screen name: wii brawlers

you can also play members of the league in "league games" up to 5x per day that help increase your rankings. Winners of tournaments will be invited to the TOC=tournament of champions which is a once per month tournament where the best of the best will compete.

Tournaments are set up with RANDOM SEEDINGS
which means that no matter your ranking in the league you will play everyone and not just those around your rank.

Single elimination

Double elimination

1v1

2v2

Swiss

True Swiss

Special Rules Tournaments

TOC

Invitation Only Top 10 tourneys.....and much more!

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
Someone told me some new info about Luigi's forward B.

Taken from IRC chat and edited a bit:

Luigi's Single Frame Missile

[14:43] <D_D> the luigi just frame is with his green missile.
[14:43] <D_D> if you let go of the charge right at full charge, he does a crazy version.
[14:43] <D_D> its got a small window, it sends him far as hell.
[14:43] <D_D> does 30dmg

[14:43] <losnar> so it's like a misfire but intentional?

[14:43] <D_D> yeah, the normal misfire does 25% and dosent go as far

[14:44] <losnar> and if you hold it down and don't let go, it don't go as far?

[14:45] <D_D> normal one = ok distance, crap dmg,
charged = far distance, good dmg,
missfire = far distance, better dmg,
Perfect timing = very good to both

01[14:45] <losnar> cool info, thx D_D, that's a definite BUFF!

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
Air dodge..... just simply that!

Now, i dont consider this to be an advanced technique at all for obvious reasons, but i do think that it is very useful for spacing and mind games.

I've noticed that air dodges are now all neutral dodges, but after the dodge you can maneuver your way in front or behind the opponent.
I normally abuse this when using marth just to get off a couple of unexpected tippers.

What I do: Run towards opponent to give illusion of attack, SH, airdodge and try and place myself accordingly to :

1. land in front or behind with some space for a fsmash, or anykind of smash or tilt
2.land right next to and grab, most likely shield grab cause your opponents probably gona wana bring you a beatin

well this is just a little technique that i like using... i dont think its much of a technique to even need a name cause it's just general gameplay in my oppinion =], but do with it as you please

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I just thought I'd throw this in here. I've only noticed it with Ice Climbers but it may be true for other characters as well. Apparently their reverse neutral+b is in, in addition to reverse down+b's. If you flick the joystick in a direction and then down+b with the IC's (in the air) you can change direction into their aerial down+b.

Does anybody know if this works for other characters?

squaminator

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvWcPzbCsDU&feature=related 1:00

i don't own the game, and its not my video, and the first two techniques are already listed, but i think that the third one is worth mentioning. The fact that sonic can get up to such a hieght so quickl,e come down so quickly, land without lag, and do 2 attacks in between i thought was postworthy.

Basically, if Sonic is at the right height. you can downair and come out of it enough so that you land with only landing lag (no move landing lag), and still hit them with the dair. You can get up there quickly with a jump down+b, which is another hitbox due to the spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom