• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compilation of New Techniques/Discoveries (Updated 3.17.08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
do you follow what im saying?

im pretty sure only gw's dair brings them up first enough to land on the platform again

edit: ok i checked everyone elses and only sheik, toon link, and gw can do this BUT only gw's is fast enough to even bother, maybe sheik could do it but her foot barely sticks out from below the platform and probably has little priority. reguardless don't call me out saying that i make untrue statements when your clearly wrong as well.
...Let's just forget it. I'm too tired to explain it.

Damax

Smash Lord
do you follow what im saying?

im pretty sure only gw's dair brings them up first enough to land on the platform again

edit: ok i checked everyone elses and only sheik, toon link, and gw can do this BUT only gw's is fast enough to even bother, maybe sheik could do it but her foot barely sticks out from below the platform and probably has little priority. reguardless don't call me out saying that i make untrue statements when your clearly wrong as well.
lol failure.

I did it with sonic.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Why are samus' missile cancels in confirmed techniques. We've seen no video evidence. Only someone claiming its in. Can we get some vids of that before you put it in as an A-T? Can somone video comfirm her missile cancels?

Edit:
Dmbrandon wasnt it you who claimed it was still in? Care to elaborate on that?

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I honestly think we should wait until the game is released in America before making such a list. Just my two cents.

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
thanks for all the new info.

so stoked to play this.

buying it at midnight of course!

haha.

-QTP

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Don't know if this has been posted already, but "motor mouth" has been debunked. There is apparently no relation between eating items and the Wario Waft.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
most of these arent advanced at all.. just like edge hogging in the last one wasnt advanced.. its just obvious things to do
Well actually, rolling onto the stage in order to edgehog someone wasn't the most intuitive of techniques. Common logic would state that when you get of the ledge you actually allow the other person to grab it. How many other people would've figured out that you're technically considered on the ledge when you're rolling/attacking/getting up, but not jumping?

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
This might be sorta hard to test, but since you can roll out of king dedede's chaingrab, can the characters with fast jabs escape by jabbing DDD?

In Melee, it would work for sure (b/c jab for fox/shiek/other chars comes out on frame 3, same frame that roll becomes invincible for most chars), but what about Brawl?

I think it would depend on these factors:

-How fast does the jab come out?
-How fast can you roll after jabbing (maybe w/ jab cancelling if it's in)?
-If DDD does a shielding slide grab, does jab give enough shieldstun to safely roll away?

Obviously this will be hard to test, and nothing definite (since there isn't a wii AR yet), but a general answer/assumption would be nice.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Might be pretty useful except its a little too much to do. Can you do this with everyones back air?

no, toon link's works
not sure who else's besides marth

oh, luigi and mario
maybe other floatier types

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
A note about dash cancelling..

If you dash and press the shield button, the dash will cancel but the momentum carries you slightly forward. This is mentioned in the sticky, as you can grab out of a dash. What is not mentioned is that you can perform any attack after pressing shield quickly, like a downsmash or jab. It's faster than waiting for the running animation to finish.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
What about peach?
her bair might work for this, I'll try it out later tonight and tell you what happens.
Bair to slide to dsmash might work lower percentages

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I like to add something that I have found out while touching the game with Peach.

The first then I found out that Peach has somewhat of a wavedash. kinda. Her Second jump does not really send here anywhere. She kinda stays in place. So I While Jumping I air dodge ether down left or down right. She slighty moves in that direction and faces in that direction too. and she shield sightly comes up. So you run and then soon as you sump, Hit L-or R and aim for the stage. she stops nearly dead in her tracks.

another thing I found out I is that you can use her second jump for a quick stop and move in a direction you want. I think she slides a lil too. All you do is Jump, then tap the button again really quick and aim in the spot you wanna move. I guess it can be somewhat Double jump cancel but not really cause her Second jump has no height.. So when you use her second Jump you stay in place so tap it fast and then aim the stick in the direction you wanna move.

Last thing I found out is that Peach can somewhat pillar. You Instant float, Nair and land and repeat. Her N-air does not have much lag. and you can pillar like fight on the floor like if you was standing since her second jump really does nothing. So not to be close to the floor you have to time your first then instand float to a Nair, land and repeat. But if you Instant float right while you are on the floor and Pillar its alot more faster.

I'll have vids or doing these things to show how its done. I think its quite useful in my opinion for mindgames and making peach faster.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
that "craqwalk" is seriously stupid, It's no diffrent than doing an L canceled aerial in Melee and the moving forward, but because of the 0 lag aerials in brawl you don't need to L cancel that.

I've been using this with most 0 lag aerials since day 1, especially with squirtle, this is so obvious calling it an advanced technique, and naming it with your nick, is just sickeningly attention whoring.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
oh I forgot to mention, I tested my own question today, and yoshi CAN use a dashing shield/dashing shield grab.

pretty neat, though his grab range sucks

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
Can you still air dodge in different directions, or is it always just a neutral dodge?

the reQuest

Smash Rookie
I dont know if this has been touched on yet, (or even if its useful) but I'm just throwing it out there so others can test it.

A friend of mine has the game and he was messing around on Final Destination and he said that he found out a way to ledge stall.

"you hang on the ledge, drop, then jump of the side of the stage (wall jump), then snap onto the ledge again"

This might be a way to edgehog or it might be completly useless, but again, throwing it our there for community testing purposes.

goblin

Smash Journeyman
so is this shield/dashcancelling going to become the new way to wavedash? it sounds like if u just cancel it u get some moment and are able to do any move so it sounds like the same advantages as wding.

or can u only cancel it after the initial dashing animation...?

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
so is this shield/dashcancelling going to become the new way to wavedash? it sounds like if u just cancel it u get some moment and are able to do any move so it sounds like the same advantages as wding.

or can u only cancel it after the initial dashing animation...?
I'm interested in some comments on this as well. One of the above posts talks about tapping shield during a dash and how it will cancel the dash but maintain your momentum, AND that you can perform smashes, jabs, etc. out of this slide. Anyone?

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
I found some semi confirmation of samus' missile cancel in a video posted by infil. I dont play samus so im not 100% sure. It looks like the landing lag of the missile is canceled. Take a look. Maybe you can put a link to this video in your missile canceling section.

Infil missile cancel(starts at 2:40)

Repryx

Smash Champion
Things bounce off of sheilds way more often in this one....and it seems easier to get hit out of the sheild

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
I'm interested in some comments on this as well. One of the above posts talks about tapping shield during a dash and how it will cancel the dash but maintain your momentum, AND that you can perform smashes, jabs, etc. out of this slide. Anyone?
It simply stops your running animation but is slightly faster than tapping down or the other direction (which causes the character to brake). So it's not a wave dash, it's the opposite. Sorry for being unclear and get your hopes up lol.

For instance: Run->tap shield lightly->jab
The shield will prevent your character from performing a dash attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom