- Oct 14, 2014
Falco up B apparently has more offensive, albeit somewhat situational, uses for lots of damage. If only it has actual recovering abilities...
I’ll take this opportunity to look at Falco in the current meta.
Please note: reading just the bold reveals powerful hidden messages.
The bird is a collection of paradoxes for a new player:
- You have some of the highest damage output in the game via flashy combo vortexes, but in order to access it, you have to deal with an awkward neutral that relies on patience and playing lame.
- You have one of the most accessible kill confirms in a game lacking them across the cast, but if you miss the window your risk of Marthritis increases 300%.
- You have a frame 1 reflector that can act as a long range hitbox, and a transcendent projectile, but you have no solid pokes on shield other than an Ftilt that leads to almost nothing besides your opponents annoyance.
- You are a bird, but you apparently only learned how to effectively fly vertically.
- Your worst match up is a traditional prey item (a rat) that you literally eat for lunch, IRL.
- Your Japanese VA is among the best in the game, and yet you have to change the entire system language in order to access it.
- You have very fast and powerful OoS options, and they either don’t work when ascending (Nair) or don’t hit almost any character shorter than you (Usmash).
- You can murder almost every character off stage with ease, but your Up-B recovery is almost a meme.
- You struggle less with top tier match-ups and more with maintaining patience while trying to counter-camp and bait your opponent.
To summarize: It’s not a surprise Falco isn’t picked up more frequently.