• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Frogles

Smash Ace
Sweetspotting with Diddys up b is pretty much impossible unless you're directly under the ledge. Would it be possible for his up b keep going instead of explode on contact with a wall? Or is the only solution to make it auto cling?

zxeon

Smash Lord
Probably that it would autosweetspot. :laugh:
Yeah, because they suck. Why does it have to explode at all? Which other character is punished with certain death if thier recovery accidentally grazes the wall? Ness and Lucas' recoveries come to mind but even those offer up a bit of forgiveness. It's not even good for the lulz.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
poor link. He just never had a chance. :(

Well if the only solution to fixing his up B is to make it sweet spot every time then i vote no.

zxeon

Smash Lord
They must have intended for Diddy's UpB to be the worst recovery in the game. lets look at some facts:

You can explode!

It has lengthy start-up time

Once you set the angle you're SOL if you made a mistake

You drop while you charge it in midair....

I just had an idea. When the wind start blowing on PKMN Stadium 2 when Diddy UpBs he floats upwards because his jetpack(?) releases a little downward force. Would increasing said force during his UpB help?

shanus

Smash Hero
Do NOT give diddy ASL, is there any way to give a character a wider ledge grab window or no?

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
So guys, we should seriously get an IRC channel going.

Like, I'm about to make one myself serious.
I would love you forever.

Sweet spotting with Diddy up-B is pretty easy once you figure out how. I can now do it consistently on the left side of battle field. Just hang on the edge, jump off and go left until your right before the bottom corner blast zone but before you go into a magnifying glass. As soon as you start up b, hold right to angle it and let go after about a second. Diddy will aim right for the spot right under the edge and his rockets will disappear right as you get near the ledge and he'll grab on.

On a side note, I just found out today that Pit can footstool people during his up b. Go figure.

Alopex

Smash Ace
There must be a way to just decrease the ASL range and then apply it to Diddy only. It still means he'll ASL anytime he's underneath the ledge, though, so I don't see how this would appease the Diddy-haters any more than him just keeping the ASL? It's not like Diddy's trajectory isn't easily predicted and thus easily ledge-hogged...

Lucario, Ness and Lucas ASL. Why not Diddy?
Actually, spunit, of those characters only Lucario ASL'd when I tested it today. I could probably get some vids. I mean, I was going from below the ledge to past the ledge at 1/4 speed without holding down on the control stick. The Mother Boys did not ASL.

Here's my original commentary:
I would like to comment on the No ASL code. I've just now used it for the first time and I have some things on my mind.

1) It worked perfectly for both Ness and Lucas even though the OP says it doesn't. Am I lucky or is that outdated?
2) It did not work for Lucario. This is as the OP stated. I've no problem with this, though, since Lucario is easily gimped due to having no hitbox on his UpB.
3) I had no issues whatsoever with Wolf. What glitches was the OP talking about? You weren't referring to this http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ4o_uy74mg were you? Cause that's well-known to happen in Vanilla...

As you can see, the above are praises. It works perfectly for the above 3 and I like that it doesn't work on Lucario.

Here's what I DON'T like:

4) Diddy's recovery is WRECKED. Not nerfed, wrecked. The OP says you might need to aim better? No, that doesn't solve it. I went straight into the edge and I just blew up. With the No ASL code on, Diddy will only grab the ledge when he is in freefall animation. So long as he is being propelled by the jetpack, he will not grab the edge. I can't tell you how many times I tested this out, going straight into the ledge only to explode. I only ever managed to grab the ledge when I was freefalling. This isn't just me is it?

That needs to be fixed somehow and I don't think that getting rid of the explosion will take care of it.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Actually, spunit, of those characters only Lucario ASL'd when I tested it today. I could probably get some vids. I mean, I was going from below the ledge to past the ledge at 1/4 speed without holding down on the control stick. The Mother Boys did not ASL.
I though I heard it didn't affect them guess not. PW know it gimped Lucario's recovery so he fixed it, he didn't know it gimped Diddy's if he did he would fix it.

Almas

Smash Lord
Ness and Lucas are hard coded to sweetspot. I thought Lucario was too, but I may be wrong.

Personally, I think Diddy deserved the hit to his recovery. Previously he had one of the best in the game in terms of range, and was also a very powerful character. Now he's been given a weakness. Y'all are fretting over uneccessary things - though these glitches are in the game, they also (fortunately for us) impact mainly on the characters who are already very powerful. Just because they're a 'glitch' doesn't mean they have to be singled out and removed.

And regarding whatever someone said about Pkmn2: During Diddy's Up+B starting animation he has a slight upwards velocity - this makes him fall slower. However, on one of the Pkmn2 transitions, gravity is lowered. The upwards velocity remains the same, though, meaning that instead of falling slowly he rises slowly.

Gravwise, I earnestly believe that the Up+B "nerf" given by a small increase in upwards grav is easily warranted. I don't think characters should be able to recover from off the screen. It makes for silly long stocks - the 'one hit and you'll die' phase is only fun for so long, and when you keep on coming back over and over it gets kinda dull.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I though I heard it didn't affect them guess not. PW know it gimped Lucario's recovery so he fixed it, he didn't know it gimped Diddy's if he did he would fix it.
Well, it IS what's written in the OP, so it's understandable why you thought the Mother Boys didn't ASL. I mean, that's what it says right on the front page. That's why I was surprised that it didn't happen when I tested it. I thought I was just getting lucky, but... it just never happened.

You should go give it a try. I used the code that's on the front page. I don't know that's the same code that's always been used, but that one didn't have ASL'ing MoBoys.

Or Wolf glitches.

Kupo, do you want to test them out too and update the OP accordingly to prevent more confusion over this matter?

@ Almas
I'll get a vid up, then. It just didn't happen with them when I tested it today. It did with Lucario for sure, though.

cobaltblue

Smash Journeyman
Current tester list.

Code:
[FONT="Arial Black"]

[COLOR="Red"]Bowser:[/COLOR]
*Kupo15
*GPDP 
*SketchHurricane

[COLOR="Red"]Captain Falcon:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Shanus
Osi
zxeon
plasmatorture 
GPDP 
storm92 
Starscream
paprika killer

[COLOR="Red"]Charizard:[/COLOR]
plasmatorture 
Jiangjunizzy

[COLOR="Red"]Falco:[/COLOR]
Osi
zxeon
plasmatorture 
GPDP 
storm92 
Starscream

[COLOR="Red"]Fox:[/COLOR]
Osi
KayJay
Zilactic
johe
leafgreen386
plasmatorture 
storm92 
paprika killer 

[COLOR="Red"]King D3:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Osi

[COLOR="Red"]Diddy Kong:[/COLOR]
Shanus
Osi*
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]DK:[/COLOR]
Shadic
Osi
leafgreen386
*GPDP 
storm92 
CyberGlitch 

[COLOR="Red"]Ganondorf:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Shanus
leafgreen386
*GPDP 

[COLOR="Red"]Iceclimbers:[/COLOR]
Osi

[COLOR="Red"]Ike:[/COLOR]
Shadic
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Ivysaur:[/COLOR]
Shadic
Jiangjunizzy

[COLOR="Red"]Jigglypuff:[/COLOR]
Osi
*plasmatorture
leafgreen386

[COLOR="Red"]Kirby:[/COLOR]
plasmatorture 
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]Link:[/COLOR]
Shadic
KayJay

[COLOR="Red"]Lucas:[/COLOR]
*plasmatorture

[COLOR="Red"]Lucario:[/COLOR]
Paprika Killer
Shanus
Osi*
plasmatorture

[COLOR="Red"]Luigi:[/COLOR]
plasmatorture 
storm92 
CyberGlitch 

[COLOR="Red"]Mario:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Osi
Marioblaze

[COLOR="Red"]Marth:[/COLOR]
*Osi
zxeon
plasmatorture 
GPDP 
storm92 
Starscream

[COLOR="Red"]MetaKnight:[/COLOR]
Paprika Killer
Shanus
Zilactic

[COLOR="Red"]Mr. Game & Watch:[/COLOR]
*plasmatorture
Raym
CyberGlitch 

[COLOR="Red"]Ness:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Shanus
*Osi
leafgreen386
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Olimar:[/COLOR]
Shanus
*plasmatorture
Zilactic

[COLOR="Red"]Peach:[/COLOR]
Osi
KayJay
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]pikachu:[/COLOR]
Osi
leafgreen386
plasmatorture 
Raym

[COLOR="Red"]Pit:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Osi
*plasmatorture

[COLOR="Red"]Rob:[/COLOR]
*Shanus
paprika killer 
CyberGlitch 

[COLOR="Red"]Samus:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
Osi

[COLOR="Red"]Sheik:[/COLOR]
Osi
johe
leafgreen386
plasmatorture 
storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]Snake[/COLOR]
*GPDP 
Jiangjunizzy

[COLOR="Red"]Sonic:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
*Osi
KayJay  	
Dark Sonic

[COLOR="Red"]Squirtle:[/COLOR]
WeirdoZ Inc
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Wario:[/COLOR]
Zilactic
CyberGlitch 

[COLOR="Red"]Wolf:[/COLOR]
Osi
plasmatorture 

[COLOR="Red"]Yoshi:[/COLOR]
Osi
Kayjay
plasmatorture 
*storm92

[COLOR="Red"]Zelda:[/COLOR]
Kayjay
*plasmatorture
*storm92 

[COLOR="Red"]ZSS:[/COLOR]
Kupo15
*Osi
Yeroc 

[I]* Indicates rarely used or played by person in poster's smash group.[/I]
[/FONT]

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Well, it IS what's written in the OP, so it's understandable why you thought the Mother Boys didn't ASL. I mean, that's what it says right on the front page. That's why I was surprised that it didn't happen when I tested it. I thought I was just getting lucky, but... it just never happened.

You should go give it a try. I used the code that's on the front page. I don't know that's the same code that's always been used, but that one didn't have ASL'ing MoBoys.

Or Wolf glitches.

Kupo, do you want to test them out too and update the OP accordingly to prevent more confusion over this matter?

@ Almas
I'll get a vid up, then. It just didn't happen with them when I tested it today. It did with Lucario for sure, though.
You don't rocket off the stage when you hit the edge with their recoveries. That means they're ASLing.

._.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure IIRC bouncin of the edge with lucas one time. Maybe im wrong tho, that was a long time ago.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
THE BRAWL FAQ NEEDS SOME NEW VIDS!! SHANUS, MOOKIE, I NEED PRO VIDS, NOW NOWNOOWOWNOW!

NO WAVEDASHING plz (it makes us look like weenies)

kupo15

Smash Hero
Geez I just ask a simple DACUS question and I get crucified @_@

Diddys recovery is not that hard to sweetspot just throwing that out there.

Ive seen ness ASL I believe

PW said that ness, lucas and lucario were right protected...I hope he didn't make that up to help those out...

shanus

Smash Hero
THE BRAWL FAQ NEEDS SOME NEW VIDS!! SHANUS, MOOKIE, I NEED PRO VIDS, NOW NOWNOOWOWNOW!

NO WAVEDASHING plz (it makes us look like weenies)
I have a video cam now :-O. I just need video out hahahahah. I'm gonna buy one of those 10% gameswitcher boxes that have vid out so I can record these matches. I have at least 20 good ones saved :O

shanus

Smash Hero
Geez I just ask a simple DACUS question and I get crucified @_@

Diddys recovery is not that hard to sweetspot just throwing that out there.

Ive seen ness ASL I believe

PW said that ness, lucas and lucario were right protected...I hope he didn't make that up to help those out...
nice montage btw, less angry music next time :p

K1T3

Smash Lord
I think I saw a code to increase shield startup and drop time but don't see it now =(
Does anyone still have this?
Was I seeing things?

Osi

Smash Ace
I suck at picking out music...Maybe Ill have brahms as the background music next time :(

I enjoyed the music hehe. I'm a fan of rock/metal though... not going to please everyone I guess. It was a good video Kupo. I liked a lot of the combos! Was nice to see some good up air combos, and the Yes! at 3:16 was cool.

Alopex

Smash Ace
I think I saw a code to increase shield startup and drop time but don't see it now =(
Does anyone still have this?
Was I seeing things?
It was posted by kupo, coded by spunit, but the shield drop and raise values weren't working. Only the PS window value was.

kupo15

Smash Hero

I enjoyed the music hehe. I'm a fan of rock/metal though... not going to please everyone I guess. It was a good video Kupo. I liked a lot of the combos! Was nice to see some good up air combos, and the Yes! at 3:16 was cool.
Thanks!! xD

K1T3

Smash Lord
It was posted by kupo, coded by spunit, but the shield drop and raise values weren't working. Only the PS window value was.
Cool thx.
So the PS part of the code affects the time a PS is accepted right? not how long the PS stays out or anything like that?

Alopex

Smash Ace
Cool thx.
So the PS part of the code affects the time a PS is accepted right? not how long the PS stays out or anything like that?
Correct. Lol, we were all confused about that when it came out. T'was pretty funny.

The code affects the window in which a PS can be executed. Default value is 4 according to spunit.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Cool thx.
arent they the same thing? How long it stays out pretty much is the window you are allowed to ps am I right?

Alopex

Smash Ace
How long the PS lasts would imply that you PS something and then the PS stays out for however long. Like PS shieldstun.

The window you're allowed to PS would imply how many frames of leeway you have to execute a PS.

kupo15

Smash Hero
How long the PS lasts would imply that you PS something and then the PS stays out for however long. Like PS shieldstun.

The window you're allowed to PS would imply how many frames of leeway you have to execute a PS.
oh gotcha. Now I see why you guys got worried before lol

K1T3

Smash Lord
Correct. Lol, we were all confused about that when it came out. T'was pretty funny.

The code affects the window in which a PS can be executed. Default value is 4 according to spunit.
Haha sorry I hadn't been keeping up with the thread and wasn't sure where to start reading again so I just asked.
Thank you for the default value as well, I am guessing this is less than vanilla as people were saying it was too easy as is.

arent they the same thing? How long it stays out pretty much is the window you are allowed to ps am I right?
Well I know at least for melee a single powershield stays out a certain amount of time so that you could get 2 drill hits both PSd or multiple hits of other things as long as they hit in the PS window, whereas the actual time that you are allowed to execute the PS is a window completely on it's own.

Alopex

Smash Ace
Thank you for the default value as well, I am guessing this is less than vanilla as people were saying it was too easy as is.
No, the value I gave you was the value spunit said was the default value in Vanilla... I know... :dizzy: 4? I was surprised too.

Top Bottom