• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I recently played Brawl+, I like the idea but there are a few issues i'm sure you know about. The main one that bothered me was the hit stun. I was using Link vs Lucario and my friend could literally take me across the screen and kill me and I was unable to even react.
Did you DI right? If you smash DI'd out of some of the hits you probably could of gotten out of the combo, or it could of been Lucario's Side B chaingrab on link.

D

Deleted member

or you could have used the wrong hitstun value. remember that we are in the 8-9.25% range by now.

shanus

Smash Hero
Kupo, can you update the OP with the following?

I think we should have a Release Candidate GCT persay, with perfect codes which have displayed no bugs, etc (i.e. pre spunit short codes), which we recommend for users who are new to the Brawl+ Scene.

Then we have a section for recommended Beta gcts which are the most updated codesets. I don't think we want new users having their first experiences with buggy codesets.

Just my 2 cents

B.W.

Smash Champion
Actually, I agree with Shanus. Nobody is going to want to play a buggy game, and no one is going to keep their interest with a buggy game. I know I wouldn't.

A releace candidate GCT would be good who want to just jump into Brawl+ and if they want to help out then they can come back to it.

alvicala

Smash Cadet
has someone tried kupos set of codes (2 february) with bowser? cause ive tried it with some modifications (only custom css and modified brawl default settings) and it freezes during the match or at the end when going to the results screen. does it happen the same to someone else? i used the same codes in kupos setting, just added custom css and changed default settings.

then i tried with mookies, again changin css and default settings, and i had no problem with bowser.

i dont know if it is just me, but i think i could point that out

btw... is it important how many lines of codes do you have? is it bad to have too many?

Xaej

Smash Cadet
Hi Kupo, I have a couple of questions about your codeset.

1) What is the Franklin Badges code and what is it for?

2) Is the Inf Stamina Code (1 line) referring to the stamina on PT? Because the code that I had to do that was 11 lines, so if that's the same thing, that would be fantastic!

Thanks for your help!

- Xaej

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I agree with the release candidate vs. beta. I had someone over Saturday night and the SH's had the slide bug. Unfortunately my old setup was unavailable.

@Xaej

1) Replaces franklin badges with CDs. Get all the music quickly

2) It's a nice reduction, believe it. Same code.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Which codes are still glitchy of spunit's recent codes? I'm wondering if I should stay with my longer codeset for the moment or not.

Also, I notice the OP doesn't say lagless edges are still buggy... are they fixed?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
has someone tried kupos set of codes (2 february) with bowser? cause ive tried it with some modifications (only custom css and modified brawl default settings) and it freezes during the match or at the end when going to the results screen. does it happen the same to someone else? i used the same codes in kupos setting, just added custom css and changed default settings.

then i tried with mookies, again changin css and default settings, and i had no problem with bowser.

i dont know if it is just me, but i think i could point that out

btw... is it important how many lines of codes do you have? is it bad to have too many?
You can only have 256 lines. What other codes do you have on? Some codes, such as the stage builder ones freeze the game.

alvicala

Smash Cadet
Thanks trojanpooh, the codes i had ON were most of Kupo set (except for stage reversed and cd hack). However, i added the Pokemon Trainer no change on death one from Mookies code set and changed the custom css and default brawl settings mod (which i checked arent the problem).

okay, now that i now bout the 256 lines ill be more careful :bee:

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Thanks trojanpooh, the codes i had ON were most of Kupo set (except for stage reversed and cd hack). However, i added the Pokemon Trainer no change on death one from Mookies code set and changed the custom css and default brawl settings mod (which i checked arent the problem).

okay, now that i now bout the 256 lines ill be more careful :bee:
Your welcome but the more I'm thinking about it, the line limit can't be the problem. If it was, the game would crash before it even booted up. Something else must be causing your freezes.

alvicala

Smash Cadet
Your welcome but the more I'm thinking about it, the line limit can't be the problem. If it was, the game would crash before it even booted up. Something else must be causing your freezes.
The only crash/freeze i had until now with Kupos codeset and Bowser, other than that every code worked perfectly. Furthermore, I think the problem may be with 2 February codeset, because with the previous (31 January) it worked perfectly :bee:.

kupo15

Smash Hero
ok about the non buggy code set. Can someone make that code set, upload it to rapidshare and pm me the link? I am busy all day so I won't be able to do much of anything until midnight tonight

Any testing on Almas' codes?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
The only crash/freeze i had until now with Kupos codeset and Bowser, other than that every code worked perfectly. Furthermore, I think the problem may be with 2 February codeset, because with the previous (31 January) it worked perfectly :bee:.
Which is why my codeset will remain long until all the kinks are worked out. And Kupo, I would test out Almas's new codes, but my setup at home makes it very hard to change my codes frequently.

shanus

Smash Hero
ok about the non buggy code set. Can someone make that code set, upload it to rapidshare and pm me the link? I am busy all day so I won't be able to do much of anything until midnight tonight

Any testing on Almas' codes?

Anyone have an old gct (and by old I mean like, 1 week ago) with the merger, etc, pre–spunit magic?

Something around 1.2ish downgrav, 8.5% hitstun, 11/22/5 shieldstun, .9 short hop, and 50/60 hitlag? That would be a great start I think for a Release Candidate GCT which we advise for use for new members.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think I do on my cpu which I can't get to until midnight. Im on the school cpu right now. I think I have an old text file

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I just sent Kupo my code set. I haven't updated many of my codes, fearing these bugs might happen so I might be able to whip up a different codeset if I didn't include something.

Edit: I left the auto-snap ledges on so that people can play 4 player FFAs more. Playing B+ with friends for the first time is more fun the jumping right into serious business 1v1s at the start.

Edit 2: Evo dropped Brawl. Who knows, if we iron this project out we might have a (long) shot at getting into tournaments with a newer, more competitive Brawl.

kupo15

Smash Hero
cool.

And spunit, maybe the best thing would be to remove the throw speed completely since it obviously isn't a compatible code no matter how good its programmed

zxeon

Smash Lord
When you put .8 into the UpB gravity code Link's UpB is about 4/5 the height of Toon Link's but it's not as good since Link doesn't float like Toon Link does when he jumps.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Is the global gravity code different than the old gravity code we had?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Almas, on 1.5 setting (half of what it usually is) both Link and the Ice Climbers seem affected by the code. I'm about to go double Link's Up-B and see what happens. Either way, I'll be putting this in my code set to further test it today. If the Ice Climbers are bugged I don't mind, no one in my group uses them :)

After testing on double Link's normal recovery the Ice Climbers still seemed to be half their normal recovery, which seems odd. I guess I'd like a player more familiar with them to test the code out as well.

I have added the code at a 0.8 setting to my codeset to play with this week. I'll report any odd occurrences I run into.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Is the global gravity code different than the old gravity code we had?
Yea whats the difference between this code, paprikas two line code, and the very first gravity code that was 5 lines for each player slot?

Also, I think the glitches are caused by spunits combined code so we should test that ffirst. I don't think all of spunits magic is glitched like the TGF and stuff so we may only have to use the old Combined code without the jump and throw speed additions

zxeon

Smash Lord
Yea whats the difference between this code, paprikas two line code, and the very first gravity code that was 5 lines for each player slot?

Also, I think the glitches are caused by spunits combined code so we should test that ffirst. I don't think all of spunits magic is glitched like the TGF and stuff so we may only have to use the old Combined code without the jump and throw speed additions
Almas told me that the global gravity code seems to affect UpBs. Not sure what that means but I think it can affect those UpB recovery moves that aren't in the same category as Sonic's UpB which is affected by jump gravity.

Almas

Smash Lord
Okay.

The REALLY old 3-4 line per player gravity code modifies the overall gravity per player. It's extremely inefficiently written, too. I could do it with 2+player lines, now. But that's not the point

Paprika's codes modified the game's constants of gravity. We can imagine overall gravity = game gravity*player gravity. So the end result is the same, but the method is different.

My code is an ASM code, sort of based on the first one. By looking at what the game DOES with player gravity, I noticed a few things. I could find a way to access character ID from the ASM - to pick an example, which now allows me to do character specific gravity. Certain moves also have indicators hidden in the registers (out of the reach of WiiRD RAM writes), making them possible to modify. Link's Up+B is a great example of this - it's very hard to find the value of the launch power of it. But a 10 second glance with my code had it shouting out it's presence. Of course, I still don't know where in memory it is, but now I can affect how far up it goes.

And gosh darn it zxeon, the code DOES affect both U and D grav.

EDIT: those codes were beta codes for a reason. I don't intend them for normal use. But I've been told the second code also affects Wolf's Up+B. I can fix that. It also affects Toon Link's up+b

GPDP

Smash Ace
I actually went and tested every character's recovery moves using 1.5 gravity some time ago. Here are my results:

Link (Up B does not go as far in the air)
Samus (Up B, but only in the air, as doing it on the ground makes it gain the same distance as usual)
Luigi (down B when pressed repeatedly is nerfed, on both the ground and air)
Sonic (Up B, ground and air, as we all know)
Diddy (Up B distance is nerfed, ground and air)
Sheik (slightly, as the little bit of distance you gain when first performing her Up B is reduced)
Pit (his Up B is harder to control, and cannot go up as much)
Yoshi (slightly nerfs the distance gained from his Up B, but his double jump is unaffected)
Ice Climbers (both Side B and Up B are nerfed)
Dedede (Up B is nerfed on the ground and air)
Ness (his Up B is harder to aim because Ness falls faster, but double jump is unaffected)
Bowser (Up B gains less upward distance)
Toon Link (Same as Link, though obviously not to the same extent)
Lucas (harder to aim his Up B like Ness, but he stays floating a bit longer, so it's not as bad; double jump is also unaffected)
Everything else is, AFAIK, unaffected by upward gravity.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Okay.

The REALLY old 3-4 line per player gravity code modifies the overall gravity per player. It's extremely inefficiently written, too. I could do it with 2+player lines, now. But that's not the point

Paprika's codes modified the game's constants of gravity. We can imagine overall gravity = game gravity*player gravity. So the end result is the same, but the method is different.

My code is an ASM code, sort of based on the first one. By looking at what the game DOES with player gravity, I noticed a few things. I could find a way to access character ID from the ASM - to pick an example, which now allows me to do character specific gravity. Certain moves also have indicators hidden in the registers (out of the reach of WiiRD RAM writes), making them possible to modify. Link's Up+B is a great example of this - it's very hard to find the value of the launch power of it. But a 10 second glance with my code had it shouting out it's presence. Of course, I still don't know where in memory it is, but now I can affect how far up it goes.

And gosh darn it zxeon, the code DOES affect both U and D grav.

EDIT: those codes were beta codes for a reason. I don't intend them for normal use. But I've been told the second code also affects Wolf's Up+B. I can fix that. It also affects Toon Link's up+b
Both codes affect Up and Down gravity? When I had it set to zero My jumps still functioned properly. When I jumped with a character I didn't go flying off indefinitely and if Wolf and Toon Link's recoveries where affected it wasn't by much. I was testing in training mode if that made a difference. I'm gonna redo my tests.

Almas

Smash Lord
Eh, it's somewhat uneccessary. Thanks for all y'all help anyway.

I am currently writing up a codeset. Can someone inform me as to which of spunit's codes are not functioning perfectly?

Ta.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
I actually went and tested every character's recovery moves using 1.5 gravity some time ago. Here are my results:

Everything else is, AFAIK, unaffected by upward gravity.
Squirtle's side-b is affected by gravity, but I'm not sure you'd count it as a recovery move.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Both codes affect Up and Down gravity? When I had it set to zero My jumps still functioned properly. When I jumped with a character I didn't go flying off indefinitely and if Wolf and Toon Link's recoveries where affected it wasn't by much. I was testing in training mode if that made a difference. I'm gonna redo my tests.
That was my experience too.

After testing the second one for about an hour of random team comp stomps with a roommate I didn't notice anything horribly unusual. I even play as Wolf. If it is indeed affecting Wolf's recovery, it was hardly anything I could have noticed. Same for Tink. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but things do seem to be working well with the second code.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I can't test right now, but I think Wario's Up-B may also be affected by gravity, and I may have forgotten to note it. I'm not sure, though. Can someone confirm?

Almas

Smash Lord
Once again I'd like to request reports as to which of spunit's codes function fully. Noone has provided a definite report yet, and as I'm currently producing a character specific code set, I somewhat require precision in the codes used. I don't want to add things that aren't operational yet.

Top Bottom