• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPETITIVE Brawl+: Code Agenda

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorta confused as to why Spunit is tossing out the older codes. Why not fix the short hop in his current code, and perhaps create an alternate version with the slide? That'd make me very happy.

Also, IIRC, I wanna get in on this. What do I need to do?
:confused: I think your confused. I never made any code for shorthop, only tweaked Almas' code.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Ok spunit it works! Thank you but I have one question regarding the faster jump code. You get a weird slide effect when you jump from a dash and its noticeable with falcon. The faster run might make it stand out more but can you fix this so you don't get this slide?

You can try out my code set which I just posted. Go in training mode and slow it down and you will see

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I think your confused. I never made any code for shorthop, only tweaked Almas' code.
Well it was included in your code and in your constants. I'm not sure why it's not operating properly, but with that set it just doesn't do anything to the short hop at all *shrug*. Could you make a code with just the stuff you implemented (ALR +slide, Initial Jump Frames speed up, faster throws)?

It might not be code efficient, but that will change later. I just want slidey goodness and the ability to test short hop heights for Almas's char specific codes.

zxeon

Smash Lord
Ok spunit it works! Thank you but I have one question regarding the faster jump code. You get a weird slide effect when you jump from a dash and its noticeable with falcon. The faster run might make it stand out more but can you fix this so you don't get this slide?

You can try out my code set which I just posted. Go in training mode and slow it down and you will see
Did you update your code list with these new codes yet Kupo?

spunit262

Smash Journeyman

I think it's the same thing that caused the slided with ALR.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I think we should fix the problem by attributing it to ALR. I want Wave Shffling. Or Wffling. Or whatever we would come to call it.

@Kupo
Emailed you with my code update. I kept everything the same but I used different values for the new stuff. I think 1.8 is probably a bit too high for the jump frames. 1.5 is nice, fast, and not too difficult.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I think we should fix the problem by attributing it to ALR. I want Wave Shffling. Or Wffling. Or whatever we would come to call it.

@Kupo
Emailed you with my code update. I kept everything the same but I used different values for the new stuff. I think 1.8 is probably a bit too high for the jump frames. 1.5 is nice, fast, and not too difficult.
How come your text files are named with weird chinese letters and stuff? Anyway, its updated, both mookies and mine

I originally had my throw speed at 1.25, Im not sure if Ill go back to that. I also moved my jump speed down to 1.7

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Question: Does the no FF on c-stick code only stop FFing when you perform an aerial or does it also come into effect when you're in the middle of one, as well? Because it would probably be best if it only stopped a FF if you were starting the aerial. I know that some people like to use c-stick down to fastfall stuff after already executing something else, so it would suck to be one of those people and have to relearn FFing.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
The don't turn the code on Leaf. (Sorry if that sounded real **** like, couldn't figure out how to phrase it.) Sadly I feel this is one of those, can't have your cake and eat it too, kinda things.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Question: Does the no FF on c-stick code only stop FFing when you perform an aerial or does it also come into effect when you're in the middle of one, as well? Because it would probably be best if it only stopped a FF if you were starting the aerial. I know that some people like to use c-stick down to fastfall stuff after already executing something else, so it would suck to be one of those people and have to relearn FFing.
It has nothing to do with whether you're in an aerial. I made it so that you only FF if you hold down for 4 consecutive frames. You could change the number of frames you have to hold down for with another line.

0485E278 2C00000X

set it 0 and you can only FF with the C-stick.

kupo15

Smash Hero
there is something interesting with I assume the throw code spunit. Bowsers down throws deals no damage.

Sonic: It was a problem with Almas SHFFDD code. Just take it from the OP or download my text file

kupo15

Smash Hero
It works at 1.09 and 1.11.
ok so some speeds don't work. Good its an easy fix.

So I guess the things that need to be fixed are:

Triple
Lagless
More ledge invincibility
That slide from the jump speed

I'm assuming the SHs work
Spunit you are amazing!!

Almas

Smash Lord
Ugh a night of fruitless labour. I found the ASM code that governs the effects of gravity, but no way to make it character specific without the aid of the merger code. And I tried to tackle a global velocity modifier, but ended up achieving nothing. Ah, well. I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Spunit, can it be assumed that all registers are safe for the C0 codetypes?

Top Bottom