• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combination of Domination

Tin Man

Smash Hero
@ Cruxis: AMEN (but take Toronto out of dat last part. York all dai baby :colorful:)

Since most of the Montreal PR is there I propose a crew battle, Montreal vs Toronto. :cool:
So like King Kong vs Gichan, Ambrose, Doc, JL, etc... (was never a fan of city vs city. I always preech to da provinces n****s).

hamilton is unbeatable as long as our samus players arent suiciding and/or using samus
:joyful:

aww it's a shame I'm considered peel... ToT cant be a part of crew battles...
Looks like Sauga's going to be at dis, so you got a chance dog.

Now guys, when Holy says a crew battle between Montreal and Toronto, he really means Quebec and Ontario.

How many times do we refer to Quebec players as MTL players when a lot of them aren't even actually in the city? I think Stroumbert is the only one, at least the only one I can recall

And even if it was against Toronto only, damn right Peachy is Toronto, Fuddz got it right LOL.
KKong and Dark Shadow are the only MTL players :laugh:

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna get tips from Luckay. I won't be so free next time we play! :p
tbh.... it's not that hard, unless I find a way to counter what Luckay was doing. He would plank me every match as soon as he gets the lead. It sure worked...... Fighting ON the stage wasn't too bad actually. oh and I got really impatient which didn't help.

He would basically plank me the whole match.... and AS SOON AS he finally gets on stage, I would become SUPER agressive. I hope I can learn from my mistakes. I would love to practice against you Fuddo .... please plank me. lol.....
(I never thought I'd ever be asking this. lol)

doing something against MK's planking with Fox can somewhat be considered "impossible" unless MK makes a mistake. However, I don't believe that ANY other characters are impossible to punish planking with Fox. This includes Pit, Marth, and even G&W. I need to find ways to NOT lose because someone planks me. lol

I'll figure something out. lol

Iliad

Smash Lord
...Alex... I just ****ing died... That was perhaps the greatest re-telling of the ontario smash scene for a newbie I've ever heard.

You're #1 on the PR
of my heart.

-Googs

Smash Lord
is whitby actually something?

i must be getting trolled.......

i would real suxis' post but screw that what a wall of text
whitby is a better region than hamilton right now, we beat them in a crew battle last tournament, you can look for the match in mprimes sig.

:D

swordgard

Smash Hero
Now guys, when Holy says a crew battle between Montreal and Toronto, he really means Quebec and Ontario.

How many times do we refer to Quebec players as MTL players when a lot of them aren't even actually in the city? I think Stroumbert is the only one, at least the only one I can recall

And even if it was against Toronto only, damn right Peachy is Toronto, Fuddz got it right LOL.
I'd gladly do south shore vs any other region though.

Me, holy, ally, guard and negga(iirc hes south shore). Hey were just 1 region, whats there to be scared of?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
0.o

I think I'll pass on that sg.

Mostly because I'm sure that there's some (read: lots of) other players in Toronto better than me.

fUddO

Smash Ace
tbh.... it's not that hard, unless I find a way to counter what Luckay was doing. He would plank me every match as soon as he gets the lead. It sure worked...... Fighting ON the stage wasn't too bad actually. oh and I got really impatient which didn't help.

He would basically plank me the whole match.... and AS SOON AS he finally gets on stage, I would become SUPER agressive. I hope I can learn from my mistakes. I would love to practice against you Fuddo .... please plank me. lol.....
(I never thought I'd ever be asking this. lol)

doing something against MK's planking with Fox can somewhat be considered "impossible" unless MK makes a mistake. However, I don't believe that ANY other characters are impossible to punish planking with Fox. This includes Pit, Marth, and even G&W. I need to find ways to NOT lose because someone planks me. lol

I'll figure something out. lol
Yeah, only MK has that super planking status. With Pit, it's more of a mindgame, rock-paper-scissors situation that the Pit more likely has better experience with.

Yeah, we should definitely do some more friendlies. Fox is a fun matchup.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, only MK has that super planking status. With Pit, it's more of a mindgame, rock-paper-scissors situation that the Pit more likely has better experience with.

Yeah, we should definitely do some more friendlies. Fox is a fun matchup.
Ya for sure. I had so much more fun playing you than I expected.

SUPER HYPED FOR NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....on a side note, if we were brought into situations where we must abandon pools and stuff... I believe that's a sign that too many events are taking place. We should have fewer events and make them big.

I personally say Melee and Brawl stays (since this is a Smash Brothers thread) and do other events once ALL Smash related is over or during breaks (if any).

Iliad

Smash Lord
One problem with that guard. The guy running the tournament, Danny, is a SF4 player, and sauga is primarily MvC3 players. So those two games are definitely staying as well.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
One problem with that guard. The guy running the tournament, Danny, is a SF4 player, and sauga is primarily MvC3 players. So those two games are definitely staying as well.
...lol.... hmmmm ..... ok....

Gichan

Smash Champion
Sorry Googs, not losing to Whitby twice this tournament. I'll take a hit, but two losses by the same region is just ****ed. I'll also MM ALL of you guys after brackets. I'm just too mad salty from last tournament.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Didn't even realize theres gunna be MK9 at this tournament, might have to enter that ~

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
One week today... wow tourny is coming up soon! Can't wait to see you all again~ :3

Now thinking about it... maybe i should start practicing... X3 Anyone up for like wifi or w/e? :p

swordgard

Smash Hero
Hey Gi holy told me you had housing available, is that offer still up for grabs? If not il just go to the hotel, I just don't really feel like bussing all the way there alone.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
yo people wifi me i need to get back in

also i watched that crew match between hamilton and whitby and now im pumped to do crews forreal lets get in a crew battle!!

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Ya for sure. I had so much more fun playing you than I expected.

SUPER HYPED FOR NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....on a side note, if we were brought into situations where we must abandon pools and stuff... I believe that's a sign that too many events are taking place. We should have fewer events and make them big.

I personally say Melee and Brawl stays (since this is a Smash Brothers thread) and do other events once ALL Smash related is over or during breaks (if any).
no, pools are a useless waste of time. this game is 3 years old theres no need for that bs now.

im not wasting my time centering my efforts around 2 games.

to all if this is not clear:

pools WILL not under ANY circumstances happen. pools 100% no go. if you dont like it, too bad, i dont care.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
no, pools are a useless waste of time. this game is 3 years old theres no need for that bs now.

im not wasting my time centering my efforts around 2 games.

to all if this is not clear:

pools WILL not under ANY circumstances happen. pools 100% no go. if you dont like it, too bad, i dont care.
Thank christtt

Pools are the worst thing ever we should just cancel them every tourney from now on, save ourselves a good 5 fuckin hours

:phone:

fUddO

Smash Ace
Pools benefit the bottom ~60% of players, aka pot monsters, aka the people who give top players money. You come to a tournament to play smash, it might as well in pools, right?

Not an argument for pools this tournament, just in general.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Pools benefit the bottom ~60% of players, aka pot monsters, aka the people who give top players money. You come to a tournament to play smash, it might as well in pools, right?

Not an argument for pools this tournament, just in general.
pools are really only for seeding and helping keep the bracket balanced

if you come to a tourney to play smash, it should really be taking advantage of the time that pools free up, and that you're not restricted to just playing ppl in your pool

however, that's dependent on the fact that this doesn't just mean we fly by smash like: okay bracket kk now onto other games

i'm hoping this becomes more of a --> free play that would've been pools --> bracket --> free play that lack of pools allowed for --> win

Gichan

Smash Champion
The other games will not be using CRTs, so ALL set-ups brought for smash will be available throughout the course of the day. I hope that is an incentive for you people to start bringing ****.

Once again calling out melee scene with weak support atm, come on guys I know you fiends bring like a million tvs lol.

And brawl bois, wtf? I wanna see some set-ups confirmed. How about MTL? I know you guys are driving.

SG, what time you coming to Toronto? I'm working friday but I'll consider cancelling depending on what time all of you guys (Guard and his homeboys, including you) come.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
question for those who know, you do need a passport to take the megabus from US to canada right?

edit: yea seems like you do :/
its a shame, i found a good deal on bus tix
ima try to get a passport asap and attend the next tourney near toronto

Top Bottom