• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combination of Domination

CroBeastness

Smash Rookie
so for this 50 ledge grab rule, is that only for brawl or both. and does that literally mean i can only grab the ledge 50 times in one match even when im trying to come back on the stage from getting hit off stage?

Cruxis

Smash Lord
youll never come close to grabbing it 50 times unless you intend to do it dont worry

also GOOD at @ norfair ban.
i wish to fucking understand why we allow party stages when we are trying to play this game competitively. shit.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
You want a Mario Bros crew battle Poison Mist yet you leave me out?

*sadface*

:phone:

swordgard

Smash Hero
Packing up atm, hype!

May be giving short lessons on how to get better after the tourney if its done early and I'm bored.

Mprime

Smash Ace
imma be in the car with tin and cuddling so much that your gonna be like ohhh yeaaa with koolaid man.... i dunno
K In all seriousness crew battles? are they happening? if so who (york vs whitby cough)
also ill be going all sheik i hope =) sooo rep time for midtiers! untill i lose, rage, and go mk and laugh =D
crew battles are so last tourney

Mprime

Smash Ace
u guys i just got a paper cut on my thumb from a post-it, might not be able to make it to the tourney

swordgard

Smash Hero
u guys i just got a paper cut on my thumb from a post-it, might not be able to make it to the tourney
Holy plays witha broken hand and I used to play melee when I had a band-aid on my thumb due to a deep cut. No johns son.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i remember playing at POUND with a callous on my thumb cuz my controller didn't have rubber on it... it only got bigger and a lot more painful to play x) lol paper cut

also, i just realised how close this place is to the highway, and to square 1. i totally approve of this location

Anth0ny

Smash Master
yay cant wait to play some melee

i'd like to play some marvel friendlies too. i'm totally getting into that game competitively when they nerf phoenix and wolverine =)

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
so for this 50 ledge grab rule, is that only for brawl or both. and does that literally mean i can only grab the ledge 50 times in one match even when im trying to come back on the stage from getting hit off stage?
From my understanding, this 50 ledge grab limit applies ONLY to Brawl. This rule was invented to reduce Planking as much as posible.

If you grab the ledge (in any way) for a total of 50 times, your only at risk if the game ended with the TIME limit reaching '0'. If this happens, then the player who DIDN'T exceed 50 ledge grabs will win that match.

If you grab the ledge 50 times or more and the game ended normally (getting rid of all opponents stocks), then the 50 ledge grabs won't count.

OH and Strombert...... I'm taking my shower tonight so that fapping won't be an issue with me arriving on time. I will be mentally fapping Holy in my dream in your car.

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
are melee people gonna be anywhere after this / how late is this planning on going? I'd love to make an appearance but I think I'll be gone / hung over Sat morning/afternoon.

Eire

Smash Rookie
i'm new to the scene but i was always really good at ssb64, best i know RL blah blah and wanted to see if there was tournies... i see its not striving as i thought it would so i got back inta melee... ya ya cool story bro lol but basically im sayin' im new but im not shiite.
i've been training on dolphin with xbox sticks and was wondering if someone was possibly able ta bring an extra set of sticks considering i don't have any :( . i was looking to sign up for both singles and doubles and since im just reading this recently, i don't know who is still available... i will leave it up to someone else to throw an invite my way, if any atall lol... i play link

idea

Smash Master
One time I met a guy who played melee with one hand and one foot...I think he lost an arm in an accident or something.

Mprime

Smash Ace
From my understanding, this 50 ledge grab limit applies ONLY to Brawl. This rule was invented to reduce Planking as much as posible.

If you grab the ledge (in any way) for a total of 50 times, your only at risk if the game ended with the TIME limit reaching '0'. If this happens, then the player who DIDN'T exceed 50 ledge grabs will win that match.

If you grab the ledge 50 times or more and the game ended normally (getting rid of all opponents stocks), then the 50 ledge grabs won't count.

OH and Strombert...... I'm taking my shower tonight so that fapping won't be an issue with me arriving on time. I will be mentally fapping Holy in my dream in your car.
that is what i thought as well and it makes perfect sense because all planking does is time someone out but i swear i recall people checking at cot5 even though the match was ended by death

Cruxis

Smash Lord
look tourneys are old news, the same shit is gonna happen as usual MK will be all of top 5. lets talk about something actually interesting, CREWS

so are we gonna do GTA vs montreal crews? im assuming montreal will be holy, SG, guard, and who else? please lets not skimp on crews its the one breath of fresh air and hype

and also york vs hamilton, hamilton are you up???
york is me, tinny, joe, jmo, cmedu.

also, im gonna be there at 12 doin nothin since im not joining doubles, so can some ppl friendly me till 2 and help get me back into itt

Gichan

Smash Champion
If ANY crew battle is going down, it has to be Ontario vs Quebec since they got some good numbers and rep coming down. 5 vs 5, it;'s gotta go down.

Iliad

Smash Lord
oh you meant "controller"... When you say "stick" in the fighting game community bro, they're gonna think you're talkin' about like a pad with the joystick and 6 buttons. Which, AFAIK is not available for any of the smash games, not usually anyways.

Top Bottom