• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combination of Domination

swordgard

Smash Hero
Id like for no norfair tbh, I don't feel like chasing holy down for 8 minutes, then again with 50 lgl I feel il be getting planked to death regardless : (.

buenob

Smash Lord
Lol good luck seeding me!

Also, I would love to be part of crews but I don't have one. Making team random who wants to join me!

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Personally as much as I like Norfair I'd like it to be banned as well.

Japes is fine though.

If you have that much trouble dealing with Falco there...

You banned the wrong stage.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
I'd much rather have Japes banned over Norfair

Japes is sooooooo gay

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Try catching someone Metaknight on Norfair as Dedede sometime.

Japes is completely manageable.

Honestly Norfair/Japes in a stagelist without two stage bans bothers me.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah of course lol.

I'd never go Dedede on MK's CP. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER.

*EDIT* EVER.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
If i was ever CP'd Norfair I'd just go MK, because all other characters have a severe disability compared to MK on that stage. Plus i actually like that level so I might (depending who im playing against) go MK and CP Norfair myself

swordgard

Smash Hero
If i was ever CP'd Norfair I'd just go MK, because all other characters have a severe disability compared to MK on that stage. Plus i actually like that level so I might (depending who im playing against) go MK and CP Norfair myself
Falco/marth/wario/fox don't.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If i was ever CP'd Norfair I'd just go MK, because all other characters have a severe disability compared to MK on that stage.
LOLno.

Game and Watch for one can go decently against MK on Norfair.

I'm sure there are others.

It's far from hopeless.

Personally (except as Dedede) I'd take MK to Norfair over Brinstar if I'm confident I can keep the lead. *EDIT* Just realized that wording sounds like I'm CPing MK to Norfair or Brinstar which I'm definitely not doing.

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Mmkay maybe severe disability was abit exaggerated but i still think MK is the dominant character on that stage. I'm sure theres a few characters (like the ones swordgard named) that can keep up with him but still have a slight disadvantage compared to MK

idea

Smash Master
why is norfair legal, anyway? all i've ever heard about norfair is that it's pretty much auto-**** for metaknight. and i don't think that guy needs any more CP stages.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It's because it's not Norfair that's the problem, it's MK.

But nobody has the balls to ban him/you can get infracted for discussing doing so.

Also Mr. L unless you are picking MK with few exceptions regardless of stage choice you have a disadvantage. For sure you have a disadvantage over the entirety of the set.

fUddO

Smash Ace
I'd say Norfair is an average MK stage. It's 10x harder to gimp people when there are six ledges they can grab on to, and random lava walls they can bounce off of. Not to mention other characters can camp him since it's such a large stage.

Yes, both Japes and Norfair are amazing Pit stages. :)

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Peach on Norfair... it's actually quite fun since she can spam ground uair throughs the plats and nair through them to. She can camp quite well if she manages to get any momentum. As for Peach vs MK on Norfair.... when is that MU ever good? lol

As for Japes... Peach has some set ups for gimping.. such as drop a turnip on them as they are 'swimming' and other ways to get them into the water. She can float in the water if she has to.. and float to safety so no complains really. Not to mention peach rarely star kos someone outside of a random usmash lol... so yay she wont die early!

Cruxis

Smash Lord
norfair and japes are extremely gay and if you CP them you most likely dont have a penis and if you CP them against me i will beat you up after the match no lie

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
hey guys since i prob wont be going mk much in tourney im down for some MMs with em if ppl are up for it

Gichan

Smash Champion
Sorry guys, been at work forever obviously. Parking is at venue and it's free.

I'm going to take Norfair out of the legal stages because, although I advocate for a variety of stages, Norfair....is just..no lol. Gonna stick to this rule. Sorry for last minute decision but we al don't need a timeout match per set vs MK.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Is there boiled water at the venue? This is important. If not, can I bring a kettle to boil water?

Gichan

Smash Champion
Boiled water?? I guess not man, bring your kettle since there is a kitchen in the venue.

And Sorry Mr. L, but Japes stays.

swordgard

Smash Hero

I'm going to take Norfair out of the legal stages because, although I advocate for a variety of stages, Norfair....is just..no lol. Gonna stick to this rule. Sorry for last minute decision but we al don't need a timeout match per set vs MK.
Just made my life about 10x easier lmao.

Tin Man

Smash Hero

Just made my life about 10x easier lmao.
I hear u bro!

Top Bottom