• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Underload

Lazy
Someone post results (at least top 4) when everything wraps up. Garrett and I had to leave **** early, so I had to forfeit to some random in the 4th round, and right when I was supposed to play him. Apparently I got 17th. Eh.

Even if I couldn't play too much in the tourney today, I got to hang out with a lot of different people. Even if Colorado isn't the best Smash state, they're by far the coolest / nicest / most awesome. But especially Spencer.

(And Wyoming)

Melee players that didn't go: There were three Melee setups there, all friendlies, all day. Get *****.

(is going to use Fox more now)

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
ggs everyone, i can't wait to see them melee vids. I didn't use a tag but for the most part i should be the white marth and the regular CF. Ferdi get ready tommorow cause i'm ready for dfo all day errrr day.

vince here........

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Geeze u guys still can't beat dave? I couldn't go to this tourny cause i just got off the plane at like 7. So we need a smashfest so I can show u how to beat dave and catch up!

hint: pick marth ;)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
They lost to Fino. That's the bigger embarrassment.

Nah, nice teaming with you, guy. Double Jiggz is tiiiiight.

We're good, least at Melee. Brawl players, convert to Melee and we can just be the best Melee state.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Soon as I get me sensor bar back from david ima go join yang in tipping with marth in melee tony so it would be nice if you guys would teach me shiet

If i dont become busy that is.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Soon as I get me sensor bar back from david ima go join yang in tipping with marth in melee tony so it would be nice if you guys would teach me shiet

If i dont become busy that is.
yayayay!

Get your technicals down, and browse your character's forum. Then teaching can begin. :D

well excuse me! im trying my best here!!
Alright. Just this once. But next time, you win. D:<

Or else I'm forcing you to learn Melee.

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
well overall it was a fun tournament, but i have to rant about one thing.......

now towards the end where this happens at every tournament, when people get knocked out and they want to play friendlies, even some people who are still in the brackets want to play friendlies! WE CAN SPEND CLOSE UP TO 2 hours not doing the tounament but using every station for friendlies! especially for a tournament wheres no cash prizes i want it to get down so i can get the hell out of there
ok maybe use 1-2 stations for friendlies is fine but not like all 5 or 6 of them! i dont want to sit around for up to 2 hours watching people play friendlies! and by then its like 9 and everybody is tried....
i really dont think a 30 man bracket shoul take 6-7 hours to finish!
i remember when supercon took all the way to midnight to finish, and this one was half the entrants and it took to past 10!

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Tony, I'm too **** tired to compress the crap and megaupload it. I'll do it sometime Monday when I'm free.

<-- Just got back from dropping Bloshi and DTL off.

...still pissed I didn't get paid.

Rizen

Smash Legend

now towards the end where this happens at every tournament, when people get knocked out and they want to play friendlies, even some people who are still in the brackets want to play friendlies! WE CAN SPEND CLOSE UP TO 2 hours not doing the tounament but using every station for friendlies! especially for a tournament wheres no cash prizes i want it to get down so i can get the hell out of there
ok maybe use 1-2 stations for friendlies is fine but not like all 5 or 6 of them! i dont want to sit around for up to 2 hours watching people play friendlies! and by then its like 9 and everybody is tried....
i remember when supercon took all the way to midnight to finish, and this one was half the entrants and it took to past 10!
Totally agree, that was ridiculous. And the pre-reg has sc***ed me twice now. They need to get their system in order.
How many smash people showed up total?

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Dave's covered my thoughts on the tournament...

Shoutouts (in order I played people - roughly)
Yang - You must get some sort of sick enhoyment continually ****** me. GGs :(
Chicken Tenders - Fun person to play with, great addition to the CO scene that we have, Blazblue was awesome with you, I'm definetly getting that game asap. Arakune is sooooooo broken haha.
Tim - You're so supportive and awesome :D I'll be at the next timfest
Tony - You're probably the greatest teacher in the melee scene, the whole time you were teaching me shiet i was like "Wtf this is so random and not helping" but i was playing some friendlies at my friends house last night and it helped so much lololol. ggs.
Bloshi - Your yoshi makes me scared :x. GGs
BeeS - I hate your marth. You're other characters are awesome though. GGs.
Underload - I don't even need to give you shoutouts lol.
Meno - :D You're awesome!
Z - I'd never met you before, I can understand why you're so well liked, I wish you guys in the springs were closer because you guys are soo awesome.
Possum - You give me faith in wyoming.
DTL - The more I hang out with you the more I like you :D
Flux - You were all serious during the game but then after you were super cool o.O. Either way ggs! I almost had the first game! :(
Dave - You're quiet i guess...We didn't play GaW dittos :(
Moblin - SUPER AWESOME FUN GUY :D

I think i'm forgetting people...shiet. Uhh If i see you post I'll get round two of shoutouts like tomorrow or sum ****.

TO THE MELEE COMMUNITY - **** THOSE OF YOU WHO DIDNT GO. Holiday Bash proved that the melee community in CO is just as alive if not MORE alive than the brawl scene.

TO THE BRAWL COMMUNITY - You guys should play melee :(. Either way, it was nice seeing you!

EDIT:

DTL WE STILL HAVE A $1 MM. GET AT ME!

Does anyone know the average price for those cool Arcade style Street Fighter type controllers? I think I wanna learn to play BlazBlue on one of them :D

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
What is an Arcade style street fighter type controller lol. Like the pad or the stick?

Good quality sticks should be around $100-$140 if I remember correctly. Don't know if Tony is still willing to make them for cheap though.

Pads go for 60 I think if they still make them. Or you can just steal a genesis controller and converter

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
TO THE MELEE COMMUNITY - **** THOSE OF YOU WHO DIDNT GO. Holiday Bash proved that the melee community in CO is just as alive if not MORE alive than the brawl scene.
ouch, my heart

ferdi edit: yang im in vent right now where you at son i already got a mage to like lv7 in an hour yesterday then just did nothing afterwards

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Z - I'd never met you before, I can understand why you're so well liked, I wish you guys in the springs were closer because you guys are soo awesome.
...wait wut...? This does not help Tony's quest to turn me into a complete ******* @.@

But in all seriousness, it was awesome to meet you as well. Always like to get to know everyone on the scene and play them, even if I get 2-4 stocked most of the time @.@

What is an Arcade style street fighter type controller lol. Like the pad or the stick?

Good quality sticks should be around $100-$140 if I remember correctly. Don't know if Tony is still willing to make them for cheap though.

Pads go for 60 I think if they still make them. Or you can just steal a genesis controller and converter
The stick that I would recommend is the Street Fighter 4 TE stick. I use it and I personally love it for its weight. It's a lap stick for starts. Not sure if you like light sticks or heavy though. If you're going for this kind of stick, go to amazon.com. They have some good deals on it and it's roughly $126, much cheaper than the price of GameStop (ick!)

Amazon.com's SF4 TE Stick

Fluxus

Smash Cadet
Dave's covered my thoughts on the tournament...

Shoutouts (in order I played people - roughly)
Yang - You must get some sort of sick enhoyment continually ****** me. GGs :(
Chicken Tenders - Fun person to play with, great addition to the CO scene that we have, Blazblue was awesome with you, I'm definetly getting that game asap. Arakune is sooooooo broken haha.
Tim - You're so supportive and awesome :D I'll be at the next timfest
Tony - You're probably the greatest teacher in the melee scene, the whole time you were teaching me shiet i was like "Wtf this is so random and not helping" but i was playing some friendlies at my friends house last night and it helped so much lololol. ggs.
Bloshi - Your yoshi makes me scared :x. GGs
BeeS - I hate your marth. You're other characters are awesome though. GGs.
Underload - I don't even need to give you shoutouts lol.
Meno - :D You're awesome!
Possum - You give me faith in wyoming.
DTL - The more I hang out with you the more I like you :D
Flux - You were all serious during the game but then after you were super cool o.O. Either way ggs! I almost had the first game! :(
Dave - You're quiet i guess...We didn't play GaW dittos :(
Moblin - SUPER AWESOME FUN GUY :D

I think i'm forgetting people...shiet. Uhh If i see you post I'll get round two of shoutouts like tomorrow or sum ****.

TO THE BRAWL COMMUNITY - You guys should play melee :(. Either way, it was nice seeing you!

EDIT:

DTL WE STILL HAVE A $1 MM. GET AT ME!

Does anyone know the average price for those cool Arcade style Street Fighter type controllers? I think I wanna learn to play BlazBlue on one of them :D
I have to focus versus g dubs lol

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna have to agree with Dave, the tourney took way too long for the numbers, and left people in the winners bracket or near the end of the losers bracket without matches for 2+ hours. I am dissappoint. Also, starting singles before teams ends helps, since we just have spare TVs when there are only 2 matches rolling.

Buuuut, it was still fun stuff.

Dave- I'ma getchu. Now go study and ****!

Flux- I am a FFA king! Glad I can still make ye laugh.

Meno- I am sowwy, glad you like hatsworth so much. Good Show!

Fino- ****ing triple purple. Guess I'll try wario next time. Or my SECRET MAIN.

Bloshi- Blows.

Marronator- More like Haironator now.

Z- Bang > all. And then you made him ANGRY.

Dtl- Well, we did alright in teams. I don't think we really have good synergy though =/

I'm too lazy to do anymore, but now am angry that jorge did not appear >.< But good games anyone I missed, and all that stuff. I'm tired.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna have to agree with Dave, the tourney took way too long for the numbers, and left people in the winners bracket or near the end of the losers bracket without matches for 2+ hours. I am dissappoint. Also, starting singles before teams ends helps, since we just have spare TVs when there are only 2 matches rolling.
I felt the same way, but at the same time I didn't want to say this to Heibrahi in fear of somehow offending him.

Meaning no offense to Heibrahi or trying to offend him, but during times I saw a lack of efficiency. This doesn't go without saying that at the beginning it went real smoothly.

I know it's been suggested, but 1-2 TVs for casual only, and 4-5 used for the sole purpose of furthering the tournament? Haven't we been meaning to do this?

Bees!

Smash Ace
I guess I could do shout-outs.

Fino: GGs thanks for the Olimar exp.
DTL: GGs I was happy that I got a game on your MK! Can't wait to bring back team Spaceballs again.
Tony: I'm not gonna cut and run. Giving up Brawl for Melee at this point to me would be just that...giving up. Sorry but I'm going to pursue this and see where I can take it. I think Colorado's Brawl scene has huge potential. If douche bags would stop laughing for one moment to see that.
Z: I didn't get to play you! :(
Tranz: GG's. Someday I might just play melee with you guys. I mean you don't even like Brawl yet you play it with us sometimes. That's pretty nice of you.
Meno: GG's congrats beating me. You definitely have better R.O.B exp now. So that means you better own any R.O.B mains ooS. jk Also you are still the best Smasher in Colorado IMO.
Flux: Thanks for giving me some MK practice. Next time we play I will beat your DDD! ;) It was nice to finally get some friendlies with you as well.
Tim: Didn't get to play you. However you did seem to want to get on the projector screen every chance you got :p
Dave: GG's you are very cool. I look forward to the day I get a game on you.
Chunky: Amazing Lucas. I never knew Lucas had that sort of ability. I've never seen anything like it. I f you ever want to team that would be cool. Especially because of Marths.
Starr: Good teaming with you. Just try to not be so nervous. You did really well near the end of the night. Keep improving
JCVD:The most chilled smasher in Colorado. Hope you keep at Brawl when you have the time. You are awesome.
Bubu. GG's I think you can call Sleep deprivation Johns.
tsizzinc-GG's Your Falco definitely has improved. Just working on the timing for those double lasers. That way I cant approach with short Kirby ;) I definitely wouldn't mind coming down to Boulder to smash with you guys.
All smashers from Boulder: You guys rock! Read last sentence of above post.
All smashers from Springs: Thanks for coming to Holiday Bash to rep the Springs.
Arashi: Learn some IC stuffs! right now!
CT: I didn't get to face you in tourney but it seems as though you did fairly well. Getting back into the swing of things I see. We should definitely play more
UL:GG's I would have like to face you when you weren't sandbagging!
BlueMycon: Let it be known that when I do something I do it to my best. So if I ever pick up melee(like I said I would) I will do my best to give you guys another good player to fight against.

Anyone else I forgot I am sorry. It was a long day.

MissionxStar

Smash Rookie
Holiday Bash was hella fun. I had a great time, got to play a lot of people, I also met some new people. :)

Shout Outs:

BeeS: Gah! Stop improving so quickly! I can't keep up. Good stuff yesterday, you've become like a piece of the backbone for Colorado's Brawl Scene. Keep it up.
Munch: Toon Link doesn't like Falco. *Glare*
Dan/Z: GG's mate. I always enjoy our matches. Samus is where it's at! Your Ike is scary though, Keep it up.
Dave: Thanks for the friendlies, and giving me tips. We should definately try and play more.
DTL: God I hate Tink dittos...they're so annoying. I will win next time, you can count on that. I will say you've improved a lot since I last played you. It's a shame we didn't get to actually finish our MM.
Fino: ....Fino...Olimar....ugh!...Pikmin...'nuff said.
Flux: I meant to ask you for a couple of friendlies, oh well, maybe next time.
BuBu: GG's man. We did tons of matches, which helped me in the Ness MU. You're getting there.

If I forgot any one, remind me and I'll post some shoutouts to them. This was a great experience. You missed out on a lot if you didn't show.

Bees!

Smash Ace
I felt the same way, but at the same time I didn't want to say this to Heibrahi in fear of somehow offending him.

Meaning no offense to Heibrahi or trying to offend him, but during times I saw a lack of efficiency. This doesn't go without saying that at the beginning it went real smoothly.

I know it's been suggested, but 1-2 TVs for casual only, and 4-5 used for the sole purpose of furthering the tournament? Haven't we been meaning to do this?
I don't think you can put it all on the people who did friendlies. They had a station(the one with the projector) set aside for just that. Also no offense Fez. But there was a long period where 2 of the tournament stations were not being used during the singles tourney. And the people who had played couldn't find you to report the winnings. I would say that it seemed as though some things went wrong. But that happens.

Fino

Smash Master

^^^THIS
>:o

Also, is there a place where I can see like all the whole tournament results ect?

~Fino

Top Bottom