• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Rizen

Smash Legend
I haven't settled on Peach. I just picked her up 'cause I dig her and she was the most comfortable for me to play. Like I said to.. someone, can't remember. If I can learn another character and be better at them, I'd totally be down to play them instead. I want to try to avoid MK though, if at all possible.
Unless you're attached to a mid or low tier, start learning high tiers; it will make life much easier.
I'd recomend wolf over ZSS, Wolf's a lot more straightforward and easier. Plus his matchups are very solid against most of the cast.

Plus I can teach you wolf stuff since I used to use him offline. (though I pocket wolf on wifi because he's broken online )
I'm thinking about learning wolf. Can you help me too?

Underload

Lazy
If anyone's still interested, I can probably still borrow my uncle's 8-seat Suburban for another carpool from Tim's.

I promise punctuality! :bee:
Please do :X My '1 friend' has gone up to 2-3 friends, maybe 4!

Also, it's official, RedLegion mains Marth.

Or Falcon. Falcon's pretty good.

RedLegion

Smash Rookie
Also, it's official, RedLegion mains Marth.

Or Falcon. Falcon's pretty good.
Lol! I've been trying different characters against lv 9 CPU's (all I can practice against) and ZSS I've been getting down pretty decently. But if there's no Wolf player I might go with him instead, I tried him about a bit and he was good for me too.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Hi everyone! Hope you guys all had a good christmas! So I need to work on bb and if anyone wants to play with me tonight, I would appreciate the help. Just be aware that you are playing a noob.

Also, does DTL sitll want to sell me his fight stick?
He does. Gggghfhd

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think everyone in colorado should switch to peach.
in all games.
not enough peach mains in blazblue imo.

also conversation i overheard while at gamestop:

Person #1: Dude, I was up playing Blazblue until 1.
Person #2: What's Blazblue?
Person #1: It's basically Street Fighter.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
My greatest troll achievement for this year was when I asked my brother out loud in Gamestop, "when is Halo Wii gonna come out."

The face I got from the guy behind the counter.

I thought I was going to be mauled.

lawls

Daft_Punk

Smash Rookie
If anyone can get me a ride to zournament, I'd greatly appreciate it~

I can cough up 20-30 for gas if needed, or other expenses.

hevil93@yahoo.com
Skype - hevil931
AIM - hevil93
BBM - 305E1E24

Or just leave me a PM if your interested ;o

EDIT: I'd rather be contacted via E-mail or BBM, because I'll respond quicker. Thanks for your time ;D

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
If anyone can get me a ride to zournament, I'd greatly appreciate it~

I can cough up 20-30 for gas if needed, or other expenses.

hevil93@yahoo.com
Skype - hevil931
AIM - hevil93
BBM - 305E1E24

Or just leave me a PM if your interested ;o

EDIT: I'd rather be contacted via E-mail or BBM, because I'll respond quicker. Thanks for your time ;D
where do you live?

Bees!

Smash Ace
Well today was fun. Did some ****** and got ***** myself. all in all a good day and a nice warm up for Zournament. Also everyone I play in friendlies I am going to use different characters in the hopes that it will help others. I hope you do the same.(I mean we don't have 15 matches of ROB vs insert your main here.)

Bees!

Smash Ace
You better learn the MU. It shouldn't be easier to fight you with Kirby than with ROB. Also don't get frustrated when you get bAiredded in the face a couple times in a row. That is how you lose. You get frustrated then you fall for everything.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Nice to meet you guys. I didn't expect the community here to be so welcoming, I won't lie lol

I think I already know the answer, but, I'd like to find a guide on how to get controls down, like, I'm having a hard time with performing tilts, and getting combos down. Are there guides here on how to do that? I found a couple Peach guides but they didn't really have what I was looking for.
Unfortunately, the only way to get things like that down is practice. Just have to keep practicing tilts and such until you can do them on reaction. Easiest one to start with is dtilt. After that, learn to utilt. After that, ftilt is cake. :D

Lol! I've been trying different characters against lv 9 CPU's (all I can practice against) and ZSS I've been getting down pretty decently. But if there's no Wolf player I might go with him instead, I tried him about a bit and he was good for me too.
I can't believe anyone didn't say this, but:

Don't practice against level 9s. It makes you worse, I promise. Instead, practice against level 1-4s, and just use them to learn your spacing/combos. Seriously, level 9 CPUs will **** you over in the end.

====

Ferdi!!!

How do I vote? I didn't see a vote button/option. :(

Dan!!!

Copy-paste the standard ruleset here, and I'll correct it for you.

EDIT:

If I don't get my computer $$$ soon, I might want to start ****ing around with Brawl again. I dunno, I've just been enjoying spacing and not having to negative edge lately, lolol.

Steam

Smash Hero
@jamaal- baaaawwwwwww

@CPUs- I either train against level 3s or level 7s on brawl. Level 7s are the most human like reaction wise. Level 9s like read your inputs and powershield EVERYTHING and it's stupid.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Dan!!!

Copy-paste the standard ruleset here, and I'll correct it for you.
So this is what I'm thinking of:

• 4 stock
  • 8 minute timer
  • The Tournament Director is the arbiter of all disputes
  • Regular sets are best of 3 matches
  • Semifinals, Finals, and Grand Finals are best of 5 matches

Will finish list when I get home.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Why not? It's a pretty universally agreed upon rule. The number varies, but we should definitely have one. Or not, because I can actually plank and I doubt anybody else in CO can.

Steam

Smash Hero
Fish can plank.

and yeah please make a LGL so we don't get planked for 7 and a half minutes with literally nothing to stop it

Top Bottom