• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Shuttle looping GaW is always terrifying. That guy hard punishes everything.

But yes, as UTD said, a grounded MK is the way to go.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I'm signing up for melee singles but not teams. Its just throwing money into a pit that doesn't even spit back out relevant experience or fun.

Also did you guys notice the sidebar where you have to actually register for the games themselves? I noticed lots of people just payed the door fee for pre-reg, and they might be pissed when they get there august 6th and realize they still have more money to pay.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
I'm signing up for melee singles but not teams. Its just throwing money into a pit that doesn't even spit back out relevant experience or fun.

Also did you guys notice the sidebar where you have to actually register for the games themselves? I noticed lots of people just payed the door fee for pre-reg, and they might be pissed when they get there august 6th and realize they still have more money to pay.

Yo, this is DancingfighterG. Hey guys, let me just make sure that you understand how the pre-reg system works. The only thing that would increase is the venue fee if you don't pay online. That being said you can pay for your pot fee at the door if you want. I would prefer you pay online but if you want to save the $10 until SuperCon that is fine with us as well. We built the pre-reg this way so that people can go back and pay at the discreation.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
The "Z" is a little smudgy... >.>
Yeah :/ One lesson I learned from making this is to use heavier paper that can repel spraypaint, or just heavier paper in general. I'm going to go back with a fine brush and work on it later today.

But for a first attempt, yayz

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Wow, how much do I have to pay to get a custom controller made with colors and a 9 on it!?!?!

o.o
Unnn letme make a proto controller with a 9 on it tonight. After work, I'm headed to Hobby Lobby/Michael's to get some materials to mess with.

EDIT: ..

...two c-sticks? Other than that awesome controller there. :O
It feels much nicer, especially since when I get a controller, I immediately rip the rubber off of it. So much easier to moonwalk in Melee too.

Rizen

Smash Legend
OoS = Out of Shield

Example: I powershield your Judgement and follow up with SURPRISE SHUTTLE LOOP
If you powershield there's no shield drop lag so every move happens as fast as OoS.
Out of State is the other OoS?
Yeah :/ One lesson I learned from making this is to use heavier paper that can repel spraypaint, or just heavier paper in general. I'm going to go back with a fine brush and work on it later today.

But for a first attempt, yayz
'Looks good.

Bees!

Smash Ace
If you powershield there's no shield drop lag so every move happens as fast as OoS.
Out of State is the other OoS?

'Looks good.
Idk if that is true whenever I PS an aura-boosted aurasphere there is a ton of shield lag.
Also yes oos is the other oos just use context clues so you don't get confused ;)

Lunchmeat

Smash Cadet
This past smashfest was awesome! GGs to everyone. Roman and I are still gonna take first at Supercon!

Tim & Tony - Thanks for hosting a great smashfest. I have a feeling your new place will really help liven up our scene.

Victor - Get owned son! And please come back for more. It was fun smashing with you again. I bet if you can play with us more you'll adapt to the new metagame in no time.

Roman - Awesome job in teams, sorry for freaking out at you everytime you FALCON PUNCHED me or something else like that XD. Haha, but seriously, our team is gonna get sooo good, we just gotta play more.

Melee: Good S*** German - Concord,CA - July 24& 25 f. PC Chris, Silent Spectre, Axe, Lucky
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=272815

Brawl & Melee: APEX 2010 Aug 6th - 8th New Brunswick, NY
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258857

Melee: Revival of Melee 3! November 20th-21st - Nanuet, NY
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273752

I'd really like to go to one of these tournaments, if not all of them. I'd especially like to go to APEX and ROM3. APEX will be an international tourney that has both Brawl and Melee so eventhough I realize that it's close to Supercon I hope we can get a group of people together than want to go.
I'd be down for the Aug 6th one! For both melee and brawl!
I think it would be cool if we could get a group to go, get some national experience before our own national.

If we went how long do you think we would be gone? Like 3-4 days? If that?

Also if that MK trailer is real, it looks sick

Bees!

Smash Ace
Everyone come to the Weekly McSpringsfest. Chicken Tenders will be there! Also 90% probablilty of Fino and Pikmin! So people come and have fun!

Garden if the Gods McDonald's Exit 146 off of I-25.
Fridays
5-11 p.m.(Normally 6-11 p.m. but I am extending it this week only)
bring your own controller.
Also if you can , bring setups they will be greatly appreciated!

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Everyone come to the Weekly McSpringsfest. Chicken Tenders will be there! Also 90% probablilty of Fino and Pikmin! So people come and have fun!

Fridays
BlazBlue and possible SSF4 as well.

@ UTDZac, I haven't started the controller yet since I didn't get any paper to test with. Once I get it up and going, I'll post pictures of how it's coming.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Can't say I hold the controller like you do, but I do "punch" it when I DI or get hit. At least that's how my friend explains my S/DI.

BTW, mind PMing me your birthday?

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman

Fridays
Pikmin? As in Olimar? Do not want. Time to pick up Zelda I guess haha.

I might see if I can stop by every once in a while. Doubtful I'd stay long, tho. My transportation doesn't like driving in the dark. :p

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
Heya guys, sorry for not posting as much, had my internet crash at home recently and now it works again.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Pikmin? As in Olimar? Do not want. Time to pick up Zelda I guess haha.

I might see if I can stop by every once in a while. Doubtful I'd stay long, tho. My transportation doesn't like driving in the dark. :p

Cool and also it is confirmed that Fino will be coming. So anyone who comes bringing wiis with infinite replays or capture cards(Looking at you Z) would be really helpful.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. All Colorado players, we need to start pushing pre-reg more to get people to start signup for SuperCon 2010. Let's definitly start working on getting our region to get signed up i.e Texas, Oklahoma, Nevada, Wyoming, New Mexico, etc, etc. The more numbers I have for sure the more I know how much equipment we will need to make sure the tournament runs well. Let's go Colorado. Let's push it!!

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
LOLOLOL Dave

New York is cool. My aunt bought me Spirit Tracks. And there's a local gym that accepts walk ins.

Developers developers developers developers.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. All Colorado players, we need to start pushing pre-reg more to get people to start signup for SuperCon 2010. Let's definitly start working on getting our region to get signed up i.e Texas, Oklahoma, Nevada, Wyoming, New Mexico, etc, etc. The more numbers I have for sure the more I know how much equipment we will need to make sure the tournament runs well. Let's go Colorado. Let's push it!!
I'll talk to NM about it.

Does SF have a guaranteed pot bonus too?

Top Bottom