• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I did, anduhh, he never really gave me a straight answer

Can't do sticks today, gotta go talk to some ppl/follow up shiz, then I'm meeting with Lyn after that

Also, LoL

I'll text Nite now, tho, and letcha know ASAP.

LoL is the ****, guys. I better have a blast this weekend, or it may replace Barwl as my secondary game (OHNOES!)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Apparently it's going to snow till Sunday starting in like, half an hour.

That's not good... :/

Steam

Smash Hero
I can go on saturday but my controller still hasn't come in yet =/

I think I'll have to take you up on your offer Bees.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Hey, after this anime convention- anyone know when the next one will be? I have this strange want to dress up as Guts/Gatsu from Berserk...

oh and getting to the point, i was wondering if any other cosplayers would like to help me w/ getup =)

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Anyone wanna be so kind as to give me a .GCT file with unlimited camera control, and maybe some texture hacks via e-mail? I would if i could, but this stupid kid control crap is on D:
thnx in advance :D
Quoted to get someone to help him. I don't have the stuff, or I'd do it myself.

Also, I'm lazy.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Anyone wanna be so kind as to give me a .GCT file with unlimited camera control, and maybe some texture hacks via e-mail? I would if i could, but this stupid kid control crap is on D:
thnx in advance :D
Oops missed this post. Sorry I don't have the stuff either! I think maybe Z would have them(If not he can point you in the right direction maybe.)

Bees!

Smash Ace
well.. i have homebrew and everything, but i cant install the Cheat code manager on my comp, because i i have to get admin permission, which i cant get :C
Ya I think CloudChaser(Z) Has it. Only his has no tripping and infinite replay as well.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Hey, after this anime convention- anyone know when the next one will be? I have this strange want to dress up as Guts/Gatsu from Berserk...

oh and getting to the point, i was wondering if any other cosplayers would like to help me w/ getup =)
Next one would be NDK in September

I'd be willing to help, but only if you follow my #1 rule for cosplay:

Always be able to pull off what you're cosplaying.

So liek... If you wanna do Gutz and want mah help... weightlifting, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I need to weightlift/exercise in general, anyway, soz you wouldn't be alone.

And it's not until Sept, so that's plenty of time, if you really want.

Plus, then we could enter teams as "Super Buff Bros"

or something gay like that

Closest I've ever come to cosplaying something I shouldn't have was Zappa. But I wore a corset, control top, and a billion other things to be closer to his form. Even then, I kinda wish I got in shape for it. Doing Zappa's poses when you have things making you smaller than you are=ouch

Most successful cosplay? Jiraiya.

I might do Gumshoe sometime soon, tho. He's tight, and similarish body type.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Why do people cosplay?
Here are reasons many have.

-Because they enjoy it.
-They like anime or go to conventions
-It is fun to get a bunch of people cosplaying the same series or game together.
-It is a great way to make friends.
-It is a great way to meet girls
-It is a great way to meat guys(see what I did there?)
-It is fun to have your picture taken if your cosplay is good enough.
-It is fun to dress up in a costume
-It is amusing to do things contrary to the character you are cosplaying...or not(meems and inside jokes.)

But the most important
-Is a nerd who is proud of that fact and likes that chance to make regular people go WTF when you leave the con to go to Wendy's

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
it's a great way to meet girls as long as you want a one night standish type thing. I went to me first anime convention last year at Wasabi, and there were some preeetty hot girls dressed in preeeeetty tight clothing...

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
chess is not a good way to meet girls.

On a brighter note, being Gay IS a good way to meet girls!

Bees!

Smash Ace
On a brighter note, being Gay IS an ironic way to meet girls!
Fixed it for you. ;)

Also it is not a terrible way to meet girls they even have panels you can go to to meet girls. Also girls at anime convention tend to be accepting as opposed to your trendy **** for brains girl hanging out with her Abercrombie & Fitch buddies. Listening to Lil Wayne and trying to talk street despite the fact that she probably has never had to deal with a lower middle-class person in her life. But she uses that so she can get some gangster who will use her as his back-up option to keep his rep up of being a pimp. Also another thing.
-I enjoy pursuit of knowledge
-I don't enjoy going out to clubs, getting plastered, doing drugs or smoking.
-I also don't take place in ****tard activities.

Therefore its easier for a nerd-boy to find a nerd-girl in a nerd gathering.

Also Moblin. A friend of mine met her boyfriend at an anime-con. They have been going out for a year now.
And another friend I met, her best friend found the man who is now her husband at an anime convention.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I guess it's just the connotation of the scandalous clothing some of them wear that made me think that Bees. Also I've heard a number of stories from a female friend of mine of guys that go to the conventions just to look for a quick ****. Dunno how common that is, though.

Girls besides the Abercrombie and Fitch ones do exist outside of anime conventions, though. My girl never watched anime, but was a huge nintendo fan up to about high school.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
oh yeah, and I'm gonna watch cowboy bebop sometime this weekend. Should I watch the english dub or subtitles? I heard the english dub was well done.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Yeah I guess it's just the connotation of the scandalous clothing some of them wear that made me think that. Also I've heard a number of stories from a female friend of mine of guys that go to the conventions just look for a quick ****.

Dylan scroll down and read the last sentence only.

Girls besides the Abercrombie and Fitch ones do exist outside of anime conventions, though. My girl never watched anime, but was a huge nintendo fan up to about high school.
I'm not disputing that. Cons take place at hotels so ya. Just that there are people who go there to meet friends of the opposite sex(or in some cases the same sex) who may possibly be a future beau. Also, I have been to 4 conventions. 2 in Texas and 2 here in Colorado. I have met very awesome people at these. Also talking to girls at these is easier. Girls don't just shoot down guys who simply talk to them. There isn't that pretentious attitude that comes with girls people would categorize as "out of my league." I guess I like that girls I meet at cons actually give me a chance just to be their friend.

Also Moblin you are correct. However consider my situation.
I'm not in High School so its hard to meet girls.
I'm not in college(yet) same thing applies.
My activities usually put me around the same sex(Nothing personal at all I <3 you guys)
Anime is a good medium where I can meet girls.

Of course that isn't the only reason I go mind you. ^^

I hope you don't think I am getting on your case(anyone) I am just explaining how I operate.
I'm not into anime, So I wouldn't have anything to cosplay really.

Edit: and I'd never cosplay lucario
And thats fine. I don't begrudge people who don't like anime. They probably have something they get joy out of that is the same as me liking anime. I just know that because I like anime it gives me a chance to meet others I have that in common with. Others who, like myself, are disillusioned with normal social settings.

This is for Dylan TL:DR :p

Top Bottom