• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Bees!

Smash Ace
Also discerning "people looking for friends and possibly love" and "people looking for a one-night stand" is easy.
Example: Last year the girl that asked to touch my ***** as soon as I met her would be considered the latter. Where as the girl I met who introduced me to her friends and asked if I wanted to hang out with them just so we could enjoy the convention and meeting new people is the former.

Bees!

Smash Ace
You should take up swing-dancing with me

lolol

no seriously, great way to meet girls.
Thanks and I have heard that. A girl that used to go to our smash-fests did swingdancing.
For now I will write the music that others dance to. ;)

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
actually I kinda dislike dancing.... I'd rather play cello or guitar or something

but breakdancing is cool. And maybe the tango lol

Bees!

Smash Ace
actually I kinda dislike dancing.... I'd rather play cello or guitar or something

but breakdancing is cool. And maybe the tango lol
I am not big on dancing either. But I love playing the Guitar.

EDIT: I just finished a song and want someone to critique it. Take note it is a midi format. Since I need to reinstall FL Studios, so the quality of instruments is less. But I am planning on putting the songs on a cd to try and get a scholarship.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Next one would be NDK in September

I'd be willing to help, but only if you follow my #1 rule for cosplay:

Always be able to pull off what you're cosplaying.

So liek... If you wanna do Gutz and want mah help... weightlifting, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I need to weightlift/exercise in general, anyway, soz you wouldn't be alone.

And it's not until Sept, so that's plenty of time, if you really want.

Plus, then we could enter teams as "Super Buff Bros"

or something gay like that

Closest I've ever come to cosplaying something I shouldn't have was Zappa. But I wore a corset, control top, and a billion other things to be closer to his form. Even then, I kinda wish I got in shape for it. Doing Zappa's poses when you have things making you smaller than you are=ouch

Most successful cosplay? Jiraiya.

I might do Gumshoe sometime soon, tho. He's tight, and similarish body type.
So ya, i've definately lost 30 pounds in past 4 months, just started going to gym for weightlifting instead of just running last week as well. So-now i'm building t3h muscle and losing weight. And plus, if you give me one hard look- if there's any anime character i could pull off-it's Guts. I thought about maybe doing Magus, but i just don't think I could pull him off...sadly.

but anywho, you could go as like brolly or something. then that would be the real super buff bros fo real. I'm definately serious about this too- cosplaying has always been one of the things i've wanted to do at least once; and I want to do it well-no half *** ****.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yo Meno is your sig shop open? I can't find the link for it. Was just wondering cause I kinda want one.
No! Don't bump that thread! xD

It has a ton of requests I've been ignoring. Go ahead and send me a VM/PM. I gotchu.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I feel like sharing my opinion because I can't properly play iSketch tonight.

Anime is a terrible ****ing medium to meet girls.

So are cons 92% of the time because they're all about that medium of anime.

I have a strong stereotype to 97% of con goers in the first place, and this article pretty much explains why. For the tl;dr, cons are a place where a bunch of over hyperactive punks can get together and act a fool in a place where people will actually LIKE them.

Furthermore, most con girls are underage, ugly, AND (not or) have terrible, half-********, introverted/boring personalities. And if it's not all three, it's definitely 2 of the 4. Usually 3 though. And before you say "A girl's looks shouldn't matter," they should if they have a lame personality. (Though I still seldom care about them anyway, just solidifying my argument rage.)

Example. Cute redheaded gal who I met in a North Carolina ani-con. I went to the dealer's room with her and all she could talk about were swords. Swords swords swords. And rave masks which were fun to look at. Regardless, I couldn't be any more disinterested. I couldn't even TELL her that I was disinterested because the effects were "hey look at this sword! This is a yadda yadda yadda." Furthermore, she threw so many internet memes at me in her sentences that I just pretended I didn't know any of them so I wouldn't have to fake laughing at it. Longest 30 minutes of my life that could been spent in the (****ING AWESOME) game room there. (Seriously, NC's con has a tiiiiight game room.)

I usually pretend I don't watch anime or play many games just to avoid "coversation." I'm too well dressed to be seen around those kinds of girls in their oversized Naruto T-shirts and cat ears. :laugh:

Anyone worthwhile is taken. As they **** well should be.

I enjoyed typing this :)

Fun edit to first two paragraphs: Anime is also a terrible guess on iSketch. Even if it was a huge, horrible, typo.

Helpful edit: DDR/Pump It Up is actually a much better way of meeting girls, hahahahahaha.
(It's still not a good way though, IMO)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Amazing post. I've never desired to go to cons and have always disliked them being in combination with tournaments. That reminds me of why.

Edit: Guys Facebook is stupid. It recommended that I befriend some sandwich turtle named Ted.

tsizzinc

Smash Rookie
colorado smash scene seems to be desperate, yet analytical, for girls.
btw any thoughts on who the sexiest smasher is? female of course.

edit: playing sports is a terrible way to meet gurls as well, just putting that out there

Bees!

Smash Ace
Hateful Diatribe with a link
Wow. That is pretty um judgmental? pretentious? fallacious?

Also I hear that girls at anime conventions have acid for blood. Also did you know that 95% of Anime con goers are members of al qaeda? True stuff. The other 5% are have crappy personalities. Why say crappy personalities? Simple. Because we all know that if you phrase a subjective opinion as a fact it becomes one. I guess I am shocked. I never knew anyone could make an assumption about a room full of people say hundreds or thousands people without even knowing them.

Good Job!

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Wow. That is pretty um judgmental? pretentious? fallacious?

Also I hear that girls at anime conventions have acid for blood. Also did you know that 95% of Anime con goers are members of al qaeda? True stuff. The other 5% are have crappy personalities. Why say crappy personalities? Simple. Because we all know that if you phrase a subjective opinion as a fact it becomes one. I guess I am shocked. I never knew anyone could make an assumption about a room full of people say hundreds or thousands people without even knowing them.

Good Job!

Thanks. It took many years of personal experience to come to this opinion! :D

Now let me borrow your jetpack, Boba Fett!

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
truth...it burns
That's not entirely true Sam! Have faith! Lots of cool guys are single. and why haven't I seen you since like 5 months ago?!?!/!

Amazing post. I've never desired to go to cons and have always disliked them being in combination with tournaments. That reminds me of why.

Edit: Guys Facebook is stupid. It recommended that I befriend some sandwich turtle named Ted.

The turtle rejects you.

colorado smash scene seems to be desperate, yet analytical, for girls.
btw any thoughts on who the sexiest smasher is? female of course.

edit: playing sports is a terrible way to meet gurls as well, just putting that out there

Especially if they beat you at said sports! lol

I don't even know any female smashers.......

Bees!

Smash Ace
Thanks. It took many years of personal experience to come to this opinion! :D

Same with me! I played basketball for 6 years as a kid(I am dead serious). I noticed that ballers suck they have no personality and are ugly. They all also are smelly. All ballers are wastes of space as people. I know because I met a few in Georgia. So they all are like that xD

I don't need logic... I have personal experience and the reasoning skills of a creationist. Good day to you all. xD

tsizzinc

Smash Rookie
Same with me! I played basketball for 6 years as a kid(I am dead serious). I noticed that ballers suck they have no personality and are ugly. They all also are smelly. All ballers are wastes of space as people. I know because I met a few in Georgia. So they all are like that xD

I don't need logic... I have personal experience and the reasoning skills of a creationist. Good day to you all. xD
hey what is this? im still ballin! :mad:

more on the world being sexist.

found on me friends blog of some kind.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
EDIT: I just finished a song and want someone to critique it. Take note it is a midi format. Since I need to reinstall FL Studios, so the quality of instruments is less. But I am planning on putting the songs on a cd to try and get a scholarship.
PM me that ****

No! Don't bump that thread! xD

It has a ton of requests I've been ignoring. Go ahead and send me a VM/PM. I gotchu.
K cool

dat economic recession fffffff

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
TC, Besse was just mad cuz Jammal's analysis of the people that go to anime conventions offended him.
But he makes a point. One I disagree with, but a point.

I have nothing to say so I won't.

Bees!

Smash Ace
TC, Besse was just mad cuz Jammal's analysis of the people that go to anime conventions offended him.
But he makes a point. One I disagree with, but a point.

I have nothing to say so I won't.
I'm sorry Dylan but his point was based off of some 30 minutes he spent with a red headed girl in a dealer's room. His analysis was flawed.
She was talking about swords.
I don't like swords.
Therefore she is boring and dreadful
Therefore 92%(not sure where you got that number) of girls at cons are boring and dreadful.
Rather than this.
She likes swords+I don't like swords=Difference in taste?

I know people that would stab themselves in the jugular if I talked about Smash for more than 2 minutes. That doesn't make them boring or a waste of a person. It just means that their interest varies.

Bees!

Smash Ace
bess have you read love is a fallacy? actually i suggest everyone read it, its worth the time.

i'll find a link
http://www1.asknlearn.com/ri_Ilearning/English/631/elang-ilearning/page3a.htm

if ppl be in the article reading mood, i suggest you read an article i wrote freshman year of college. i'll post it maybe.
Interesting..
I am reading it now. What is the article about? I want to go to college so bad. But I have to wait until this fall. I can't wait to start learning all I can in an educational institution.

Dekar173

Justice Man
my article is pretty good so i hear. its called "Here to FUCl<"
censor dodge.
Different strokes for different folks.

Some people are around to make as many children as possible- regardless of who the mother/father is (these people are dreadfully dangerous but it'd take a while for me to explain to anyone who doesn't quite comprehend why).

Some people are around to ****, as stated, not necessarily to do it in order to procreate but just have some good old instant gratification (live and let live, if some people have this philosophy, who's to say it's wrong?)

Some people are around to love (like Erich Fromm).

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Loving-Erich-Fromm/dp/0060915943

and some people are just around to lose the game.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry Dylan but his point was based off of some 30 minutes he spent with a red headed girl in a dealer's room. His analysis was flawed.
She was talking about swords.
I don't like swords.
Therefore she is boring and dreadful
Therefore 92%(not sure where you got that number) of girls at cons are boring and dreadful.
Rather than this.
She likes swords+I don't like swords=Difference in taste?

I know people that would stab themselves in the jugular if I talked about Smash for more than 2 minutes. That doesn't make them boring or a waste of a person. It just means that their interest varies.
Hoo hoo hoo

This gives life to my posting! But I'll do it! Let's Bawrl!

Example. Cute redheaded gal[...]
Just a single example. Not the ONLY example. :)

I couldn't even TELL her that I was disinterested because the effects were "hey look at this sword! This is a yadda yadda yadda."
Hence, she had little else to talk about when I said "I'm not really interested in swords" ... besides more swords :laugh: (Wait, that wasn't funny at the time :( ) To me, that person was boring. Just like a one-trick dog

...Aww, I'm lying, I love Charlie!

So are cons 92% of the time because they're all about that medium of anime.

I have a strong stereotype to 97% of con goers in the first place, and...
I gave them the benefit of the doubt there are some people in there that I'd probably like. By a good 5 percent! That's a big percent for a group of people who generally don't make good first impressions with me (and therefore, an admitted stereotype.) But I'm giving attempts to be realistic on the numbers as ridiculous as it sounds.

I never knew anyone could make an assumption about a room full of people say hundreds or thousands people without even knowing them.
I see what you did there... You assumed the assumptious didn't exist! Mindgames! Good games, good games.

Wow. That is pretty um judgmental?
But aren't you judging me for the exact same reasons? :( An example of two posts based off a personal, but humorous and point-based rant that I'm just some random and assuming guy who has no bearing at all on himself and population.

(I dunno what the other words meant, :laugh: )

To be honest, I feel like you're trying to give me TOO much credit. :( You're saying that I'm going off having no personal bearings on that sort of crowd when that's not true in the slightest. :( And I'm rather ashamed of it, actually.

I KNOW never called anyone a waste of a person, and I don't think I ever could. And you're using crazy big words that I don't understand. I'm just a man who likes to talk and share opinions in a humorous, blunt, semi-rage kind of way. I'm not a psychologist! :chuckle: Or to quote the Star Trak movie, "I'm a doctor, not a scientist, ****it!"

Except replace 'doctor' with "really normal fella". :(

But I have no super-underlying ideas or plans or making you rage. I'm not that shifty, rather, I'm too open for that. Still, we can go back and forth, and maybe I can understand ya more. I can see WHY you're upset at the post, no doubt, but I don't think it should shut you off from seeing why I think what I think.

Still, I didn't mean for you to get THAT upset/mad/annoyed/"just messing with him; I'm not mad at all" at my post/ignorance/assumptions/personal opinion/stereotype.

Top Bottom