• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
lololololololol@ Dylan tying with a Ganondorf. Who the **** does that? And who does that well with Ganon? I want to meet this person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

And Fino is totally right, ice climbers are probably put under a lot of stress. Chudat has had some anger issues that were probably derived from his character he plays rather than him

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
lololololololol@ Dylan tying with a Ganondorf. Who the **** does that? And who does that well with Ganon? I want to meet this person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

And Fino is totally right, ice climbers are probably put under a lot of stress. Chudat has had some anger issues that were probably derived from his character he plays rather than him
u wanna see some anger?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pTVhtIawbQ&feature=related

Fino

Smash Master
Lol, DMK... I won.
Stop trying to sound cool, because you just trollin. If anyone is butt hurt, it's probably you, for tying with ganon when you main mk.

You may say you play TL now, but in doubles you went mk against dave and I in winners/grand finals. All I see is someone sandbagging with TL and playing MK where it counts. Sounds like an mk main.

Grow up, get good.

~Fino

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
So I just 0-death waveshine > U smashed link on FD, and it's really not that hard as Fox mains make it out to be.

Doing Peach next

edit: lol just kidding that **** is hard as hell

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Alright I can't pre-reg but I'll definitely be going to that prolly maybe definitely

Repping the G-dorf of course

Secondary is prob gonna be Falco or something, since I'm sick of not having a projectile...

On a side note, how can I break my girlfriend's Okami addiction?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Secondary is prob gonna be Ganon cause I never live up to my secondary claims.

On a side note, how can I break my girlfriend's Okami addiction?
Fix'd.

And you can't break the addiction. That's an unbreakable phase you have to just wait out. Trust me, I went through it. :/

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Wow, and I thought the furries' fAirs were useless.... @.@
Where are those videos, yo? I'm not gonna get to do the video if'n I dun have them. =(

no johns.

IC update: 0-deathed Ike. Doing marth next.

double edit: 0-deathed Marth. MK next

third edit: 0-deathed MK. Pretty lax on timing.
Do it in tournament, eh? We could use an IC player, and your MK leaves stuff to be desired, mainly when you get nervous. You just can't play gay enough.

So I just 0-death waveshine > U smashed link on FD, and it's really not that hard as Fox mains make it out to be.

Doing Peach next

edit: lol just kidding that **** is hard as hell
Nah, is easy.

Except for the first few times.

People that watch combo and techskill vids should link me to some goodass Falco/Jiggz stuff to practice. Not that I have the ability to practice right now, but for when I do.

has anyone seen darkraep combo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsLaCELLHBs&feature=related#t=0m31s

also, something happening tomorrow?
Stupid Darkrain.

Please please please let something happen soon. I'm dying for smash.

EDIT: I just want it to be known that I'm not taking Fino's side. In all honesty, I was disappointed to hear that no one in CO took him out (nothing against you, Fino, but CO's gotta be great, not just okay/bad/whatever). Especially our tier whores.

Fino's still pretty cool, and him+DFG make for the best post combos ever, but srsly...

Either have the attitude of "We're good" and get better/win, or keep it up with Zaj/Underload/whoever else's "CO sucks" attitude, and quit the **** game already. As long as you think you/your community sucks, you limit yourself to mediocrity, at the very best. Get some confidence, get some practice, and stop with the loser attitude.

Also, don't argue with people that have a winning record against YOUR ENTIRE STATE about stupid things. I'm looking at you, DTL.

EDIT 2: Meno, start tier whoring. We need someone that knows what they're doing at the helm. D:<

You too, Dave.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: I just want it to be known that I'm not taking Fino's side. In all honesty, I was disappointed to hear that no one in CO took him out (nothing against you, Fino, but CO's gotta be great, not just okay/bad/whatever). Especially our tier whores.
I feel a bit bad because I did PM him saying to PM me at a last resort. To be honest, I was counting that I wouldn't be selected for a job, so plans would fall into place and Fino would stay at my place.

Things turned around when I actually got the job, and they wanted me to work full time immediately.

Sorry Fino, I'm just not comfortable with leaving my future house with someone in it who I don't know. People who were over know what's there, and I hope some would agree with me. :(

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I feel a bit bad because I did PM him saying to PM me at a last resort. To be honest, I was counting that I wouldn't be selected for a job, so plans would fall into place and Fino would stay at my place.

Things turned around when I actually got the job, and they wanted me to work full time immediately.

Sorry Fino, I'm just not comfortable with leaving my future house with someone in it who I don't know. People who were over know what's there, and I hope some would agree with me. :(
...Tony meant took him out of the tournament, not housed him.
This.

NOW WHERE ARE THOSE VIDEOS?!? OMFGIMSOBOREDTHATIWANTTOWATCHTHEM!

EDIT:

Tim, I can't begin to explain the joy in my heart every time I see your avatar. I'm jealous I didn't do it first.

EDIT 2:

I was staring at my sig

Why the hell does Ganon's dair do 22%? Seriously, wtf people

Underload

Lazy
Either have the attitude of "We're good" and get better/win, or keep it up with Zaj/Underload/whoever else's "CO sucks" attitude
Welcome to 3 months ago. I haven't brought up the Colorado is terrible at Brawl subject in a long-*** time, but hound me on it anyway, that's cool. That argument is long outdated.

Everyone has gotten better, new people are showing interest, and some people are even volunteering to shuffle mains to help the metagame (your D3's pretty good, Zaj likes Diddy, apparently Dylan wants to use more ICs, etc.) Not being sarcastic. People are starting to understand that they have to pull their own weight and compete to get better.

More consistent smashfests so the scene can improve together are the only thing we're lacking at the moment. Tim does his part, but I think Dylan is the only other player to host a fest with the intention to help out the scene. Talking about Brawl, of course. Excluding Melee, that's a bit of a different story.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'm completely sick of Brawl at the moment. I've been playing with Tim, DTL, Dave, and Bees tons since before Holiday Bash. We're playing all the time at Tim's, Dylan's doing his things, and Tranz is even doing another smashfest.

We've all been ridiculously active. :ohwell:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Either have the attitude of "We're good" and get better/win, or keep it up with Zaj/Underload/whoever else's "CO sucks" attitude, and quit the **** game already. As long as you think you/your community sucks, you limit yourself to mediocrity, at the very best. Get some confidence, get some practice, and stop with the loser attitude.
I'm joking when I say CO sucks.

But seriously guys. Don't get beat by a Ganon. It makes us look bad. :/

Moblin doesn't even want play this game, which makes us look even worse.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
People don't get it.

I'm playing with ICs CGs for fun. When I said I was, I never targeted anyone. Fino just got mad at a post that wasn't directed at him and decided he wanted to try to offend me.

I'm not going to ever care for anyone who isn't Tink/MK/Marf.

I kinda agree with Meno for now.

Underload

Lazy
I'm completely sick of Brawl at the moment. I've been playing with Tim, DTL, Dave, and Bees tons since before Holiday Bash. We're playing all the time at Tim's, Dylan's doing his things, and Tranz is even doing another smashfest.

You go to college with Dave.

Bees has been to my house for some super fun smash time. But two people isn't a fest.

Half of Tim's fests are all but dead. which is a shame. One of his fests was just me and him playing Brawlee and Double Dash until I think Moblin showed up for a few. Might be mixing two separate fests up, though. There's been at least two occasions where it's just been me and him for Brawl. And, as another example, no one showed up to the one last Saturday. Thankfully Tim opened his doors again the next day.

Dylan's done a couple of fests from what I know.

And I said I wasn't including Melee fests, which is what Tranz's is starting to look like.

What you have is playing against a few people every couple of weeks. New Mexico has at least one smashfest a week, spaced out every week with surprisingly good attendance at each one. That's "ridiculously active".

(I don't want to look like I don't know what I'm talking about, so I'll argue more)

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
If it wasn't so out of the way, this house is always open for a fest anytime. It's very easy to set up here.

But Denver seems to be the central point for fests.

The only thing I can say down here in the Springs is I started a weekly gathering at McDonalds. I passed it down to Bess. It's still going strong, and weekly (except for last week, for obvious reasons). They're young, but give us time.

cHiCkEN_TeNdErS

Smash Apprentice
not really...

back in the RGV we would get together once or twice a week to smash, and up to 3-4 times a week if a tourney is near

and I know dallas has gettogethers almost everyday :o

but its more like being friends outside of smash... like catching a movie or just hanging/playing other games... then someone brings up smash and you get a few friendlies in

it doesnt always 100% have to be about smash, that way people dont get burned out on it

Underload

Lazy
I totally forgot about the McDonalds gatherings. I should've used that example instead. :/

back in the RGV we would get together once or twice a week to smash, and up to 3-4 times a week if a tourney is near

and I know dallas has gettogethers almost everyday :o

but its more like being friends outside of smash... it doesnt always 100% have to be about smash
I'm envious of everyone's ability to actually communicate points well >.> read that quote up there.

Fino

Smash Master

Fino's still pretty cool, and him+DFG make for the best post combos ever, but srsly...

Also, don't argue with people that have a winning record against YOUR ENTIRE STATE about stupid things. I'm looking at you, DTL.

EDIT 2: Meno, start tier whoring. We need someone that knows what they're doing at the helm. D:<

You too, Dave.
I wantto sig this entire post... but it's too long, lol.

Yeah, I used to get burned out a lot because I would force myself to play a LOT in hopes that I would get better. After talking to a lot of really good smashers, I learned... just play when you want to. Screw around, have fun, practice stuff, and do anything on your own time. Don't feel obligated to play the game to get better. I'll go several weeks without playing cause I'll be busy with school and life type of stuff. And when I come back... I'm rusty for a few matches, and then I start playing well again. Heck, I've learned a lot of combos from playing in that rusty state. When you don't play, you still think about the game right? Lots of theory crafting goes on, ect, and you get psyched to play the game. When you step out side of the game, and come back and play on your own accord, you're completely refreshed and able to think like a competitive gamer. You don't get stuck on wanting to do this one really cool thing and stuff that you normally get from playing constantly.

That's my two cents anyways. I want to see co get good. Lol, make me work for ma monies when I go down there to see ma lady friends. lol

~Fino

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm kinda hoping my long break will help get rid of some of my bad habits. Primarily, using the 2nd hit of Snake's f-tilt on shield.

Top Bottom