• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
The disc is bad. Give it to me, and I'll have it fixed for you in 2-3 months (tangent on how fun messed up the game is).
Well it's a used copy that I just bought, so I could return it and get a new one completely....

Srsly though, great game, buy it. It's really up there will ACII

edit: omg steam is awesome

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Hey guys, I just 0-death CGd with ICs!

I just started learning them and so far can do Snake. I understand these aren't that easy to learn, but these are so much easier than IC players would make you think. Especially with Pivot grabs.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
IC CGs aren't THAT hard. :/ Just practice for awhile.

They only get hard when you get to higher percents cause the timing gets harder.

Underload

Lazy
You'll still get ***** if you attempt to use them in tourney.

That's playful and not serious "I felt like saying that for my own amusement" smack. Take notes.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
So totally irrelevant (and somewhat serious), but my friend's coworkers are harassing him about Melee or Brawl (I'm thinking Melee if they say they're good with Link... lol), but their names are Kevin Hawkins (New York) and Ed Duaime (Wyoming). Wondering if anyone knows of these 2 troublemakers... Even though I'm a nooblet in Melee, I can still tell when jerks are just talking smack :/

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice

Fino

Smash Master
Hey guys, I just 0-death CGd with ICs!

I just started learning them and so far can do Snake. I understand these aren't that easy to learn, but these are so much easier than IC players would make you think. Especially with Pivot grabs.
(1) How many times did you try before you actually did it
(2) You were playing in a controlled environment.
---You didn't have any pressure to CG other than wanting to be able to do it
---There wasn't a relatively large amount of noise in your area, the average rambling from a busy room (such as a tournament) is roughly 105-110 decibels. Listen to a song on your ipod at that level of sound and try again, preferably something with random, sparatic, inconstant beats/rhythms/noises
------Turn the sound up when you actually land a grab
---Your opponent wasn't mashing out
---Presumably Nana was always in place to start the grab
(3) How much time did it take you from the time you grabbed until you threw and landed a re-grab. Your first grab, and sometimes second, grab are going to be the one's people can mash out of.

There are so many factors to do a 0-death grab. It's millions of times easier in a controlled environment (ie practicing). You know how many times I tried to do my fancy CG on meno? Maybe 3-5 times, I just couldn't do it. With none of these stress factors (on top of many more), you also don't get the adrenaline rush of getting the grab (trust me... you get one after playing so patiently). Sometimes when I play ICs seriously, my body gets really hot or tight when I finally get that grab, on top of already being in a hot sweaty room for 12 hours...

It's a lot harder than your spending a couple hours in your room and being able to do it once thing that you did. Congratz though. It's really not hard when you do it like that.
i still need a teammate for fighting frenzy, i was considering out of state person but idk
Hmmm....

Hmmm....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7OqxgFzvW8

Hmmm....

Is it even a question? lol

I'll do it if MJ can't make it (knowing MJ he'll john out like last time cause of school and stuffs)

~Fino

Underload

Lazy
Hmm...Tranzfest is a possibillity in the next few days...but it would probably be melee only...maybe brawl...who knows.
Yes.

Yes!

YES!!

Do it! So excited. Why do I love Tranzfests so much? Everyone needs to show up to this. I'm sure there will be Brawl, because I'm going :D :D.

Sentence...fragments!

Top Bottom