• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

the Marronator

Smash Ace
well, right now I'm thinking it's either one or the other. Picking up dylan and going to tim would equate to almost 2 hours of driving one way. So which way shall I go? <_> I'll probably leave at about 4-5pm

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Yup, it's official. My mom won't let me make a twenty minute drive because it's snowy. She knows the entire day I've been doing nothing but waiting around to go. I hate her so much she wants me to see a counselor about it, because that would make me love her again, am I right?

**** my family so hard...I hope my Grandpa dies soon. At least then I could move downstairs.

College sounds like it would be the release, but my mom won't let me access my funds which I need her for if I don't live at home.

Today was bad and I am brooding.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yup, it's official. My mom won't let me make a twenty minute drive because it's snowy. She knows the entire day I've been doing nothing but waiting around to go. I hate her so much she wants me to see a counselor about it, because that would make me love her again, am I right?

**** my family so hard...I hope my Grandpa dies soon. At least then I could move downstairs.

College sounds like it would be the release, but my mom won't let me access my funds which I need her for if I don't live at home.

Today was bad and I am brooding.

b**** slaps :mad:

:urg:

Edit: Whos all there/going still. Jeris, my ride, is waiting on turn out I guess.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
So turns out I won't be going, partially because the roads are still completely iced over, and partially because of family pre-christmas stuffs. My apologies to Lawkk (I leave about the 2nd of Jan. so there is time to get your sensor bar to you). Also, hope everything works out Dylan. I'll kidnap you sometime after christmas if another fest happens.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
No one is here, only people I've heard back from are Kenny and Meno. Kenny is waiting to see if Jeris comes.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
Roman is waiting for Vincent to get off of work.. then picking him up..then kenny picking me up to go to tim's!

Underload

Lazy
Yo dawgs, I need your opinions. For those of you whom I haven't spewed this out to, I'm hosting a tourney @ EFL the weekend after Fighter Frenzy. Apparently I don't have to pay venue (I'll dig around some more), and as long as we bring our own TVs we're set.

Who can bring a TV / Wii / Brawl disc?

The second thing is pricing. Assuming there's no venue fee to cover, how much would everyone like entry to be for singles / teams? Right now I have it chalked up as:

$10 per person for singles
$5 per person (or $10 per team) for doubles

Does everyone think this is alright pricing, or should I maybe make it $20 a team or sumdat? I have tio figured out, a good EC TO taught me the ropes about seeding, etc etc.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
No venue fee? o.o

This means i can play street fighter/melee with people when tourney is happening if i dont feel like paying for anything but food + gas? zomg <3

Underload

Lazy
No, you're gonna play Brawl tourney matches until the bracket is done :p No Melee TVs while the tourney's going on, son.

For those of you who don't know where this is at, it's at:

Town center at Aurora Tilt
14200 E. Alameda Ave.
Aurora, CO 80012

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
smells like crab people up in this *****. but really guys- who would want to drive on those roads tonight, they're terrible

spun out on my way to work- no death (obviously) but ya, be careful fellow smashers.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
First sentence makes it sound like if I show up I better play in tourney and go to grand finals or else underloads gonna throw me inside a locked closet lawl

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Who can bring a TV / Wii / Brawl disc?
I can provide a setup and many TVs (probably 3) if needed.

I don't compete much, but I'd like to attend. If you would like help managing the tournament I would be more than willing to help and yell at people.

<---- Been in a very loud and cynical mood as of late.

Underload

Lazy
WHOA. 3 TVs? For cereal? I love you, Dan.

It's looking like 3, maybe 4, TVs so far thanks to Dylan and Dan. That's without Tim's and Meno's offerings of 1 setup a piece mixed in. If I count those, then it's a potential maximum of 6 TVs. If I had that many stations, I'd have no beef with having 1 reserved for Brawl friendlies / MMs, and another for Melee shenanigans. That'd be fun.

14200 E. Alameda Ave.
Aurora, CO 80012

The venue address, for those who didn't read it. It's right next to the mall over there in Aurora.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
No, you're gonna play Brawl tourney matches until the bracket is done :p No Melee TVs while the tourney's going on, son.

For those of you who don't know where this is at, it's at:

14200 E. Alameda Ave.
Aurora, CO 80012
WHy no Melee Tvs? I live like..2 blocks away from this..and no melee?! You do know, everyone around this area plays melee...right?

Here I'll make a list:

Tony
Rafa
Nite
Erg
Kenny
Chap
Tim
Mike??
Vincent
Myself

Thats about 10 possible players!!!!

Underload

Lazy
Read the 2nd time I posted, the post you quoted was written before Z posted about bringing 3 extra TVs :p

Me and/or Tony will run a Melee tourney if we have people, cubes and copies of the game, and TVs.

MissionxStar

Smash Rookie

It's looking like 3, maybe 4, TVs so far thanks to Dylan and Dan. That's without Tim's and Meno's offerings of 1 setup a piece mixed in. If I count those, then it's a potential maximum of 6 TVs. If I had that many stations, I'd have no beef with having 1 reserved for Brawl friendlies / MMs, and another for Melee shenanigans. That'd be fun.

14200 E. Alameda Ave.
Aurora, CO 80012

The venue address, for those who didn't read it. It's right next to the mall over there in Aurora.
I might actually show up to this...yah? :)

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice

14200 E. Alameda Ave.
Aurora, CO 80012

Sounds good. Can you add a link into your siggy referring to the tournament post with the details? That'd be nice so we don't have to go digging to fetch it.

Owndizzl3r_Ownag3

Smash Apprentice
Holiday Bash Shoutouts, yeahh im late, big whoop wanna fight about it!?

Fino-awesome teammate! and matches were intense!

Tim- MMMM!! no unlimted farts for you! good games!

Mes- still a very good link still!!

DTL- stay with toon link please!!! love you

Bees- Im starting to like you more everyday and you colorado spring guys

Nite- thanks for running the tournament!

Tony- i like making fun of melee ;D

CloudChaser- hmm!!! i dont like pichu!

Meno- I could't forget you, NorCO!!!

Underload- almost forgot about you! way to leave early! GEEZ!

Starr- Keep up the toon link man!! it will get there!!

Fluxus-DDD!? mother fing DDD!? it was good! to good! hope to see you at fighting frenzy!

Marronator- Neversaw you much man!!

uuhhi think i forgot your name Tcji something i think, the falco guy from bouldor well it was nice to see you there!
Melee Folks- woo woo hoo *cough*

People who didn't make it, ZAJICE! we will play soon

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So, I took a nap at 5 waiting for my mom to get home and I woke up 3, went back to sleep, and now I'm here at 7.

@_@

Underload

Lazy
Halfro said:
Hey,

You hadn't got back to me in a long while so, we didn't plan on you guys showing. We are having a tournament at the tilt arcade in aurora. That makes this situation sticky already and add more tv's + another game, Ill have to get with the manager and ask. Im 60% sure he will be ok with it but, I want to KNOW before I give you a yes and cause you trouble.

1. Amount of people is entirely up to you. If they only want to enter smash, that is fine, there aren't any other obligations for the players besides entering what they like.

2. I am sure the Tilt has plenty tables to set up 3 or 4 tvs/consoles plus our monitors/consoles.

3. The venue applies to everyone that enters our tournament but, its not like other tournaments around town (lol) because the players are now PAYING for our tournament service, we will be more then willing to help with bracket direction, directing the tournament in general. The only issue is that we will be not adding it as an "official" tournament because we don't have the equipment to run the tournament in case of *ahem* issues that arise sometimes haha.

I will ask the manager, then we will go from there. If at all possible, please keep an on going list of attendees and let me know. I will put them in the thread and at least people will know that there will be a smash tournament and 20 or so are coming out for it.
So we may have to pay venue fee because they decided to change from their old venue (Starz Film Center) to some sort of arcade. I'll keep you up to date.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
So we may have to pay venue fee because they decided to change from their old venue (Starz Film Center) to some sort of arcade. I'll keep you up to date.
before u make any decisions, u might wanna find out how many people plan on showing, doesn't seem like there is much interest atm. I guess its still early but if u plan on running this, u gotta get the word out asap.

Top Bottom