• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and yeah ferdi I gots yer controller. But I like it, so I'm gonna wipe the ferdi off it and write ferdi on my bad one =D

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'm not gonna make johns but I will MM you. Five dollar! At a tournament sometime if it ever happens!

I must attend a smashfest sometime soon. But I can probably only do one after Christmas.
Oh****, son. It's on! Imma eat that Yoshi for breakfast!

D:<

Who can make it/host a smashfest/tourney this weekend? Mebbe not Sat, since I might still be hungover/chillin' with people, but if it must be so, then let it be.

Also, I agree with Tim on Dave's rankings. Or anyone's, really. People should get marked off for bad grades, soz that we have like... 12 doctors in our smash scene 10 years from now. That'd be tiiiiiiiiiiight.

Nobutsrsly, Dave, if you need help with anything, post here. We have a pretty diverse pool of knowledge in this state.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

When/where can I expect to see them matches, sir? I need protips on mah jiggz from Mangos so I can beat this "bloshi" fella.

imean

YOU'RE ****ING DEAD, BEN! SAY GOODBYE TO THAT YOSHI ****! I WON'T EVEN HAVE TO USE PEACH OR SHEIK ON THAT HOE!

Btw, Ben, I'll teach ya some tricks for fighting Fox @ the next smashfest. Sorry mah Falco isn't all beastly and shiz yet. Gimme another day.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622

Be sure to tell me if I got any of the city or character information incorrect.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yay, I went up one spot.

I think I left my black controller at Tim's at that fest where I stayed over, because it's been missing since then.

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Some Upcoming Smash Events

Tim - I'd love to smash either today or tomorrow, doesn't matter to me.

Tony - Smash this weekend sounds fun, but I agree with EvoZ. Sunday is better for me than Sat.

Bloshi - You gotta come to some of the smashfests. It's too fun playing against you. You sure you can't come to Timfest today or tomorrow? Is it just because of the car situation or because of other stuff?

Yang - Get beat by Bloshi! XD

Underload

Lazy
Tim single-handedly reviving the competitive nature of the Colorado Smash Scene...

Ferdi finally posting again...

Tony, Tim, and Dave making me laugh at 8:30 in the morning, right after I wake up, even though my voice is hoarse for some reason...

Today's already awesome. I'm guessing the second panel is planned to come after FF? Because the EFL tourney I'm supposed to host is the week after that, sooooo, I would wait a little longer for some more accurate results. :p

And to whoever started talking about Skype (I think it was Dave?), I made one a little while ago. So, yeah, UnderloadPete if you feel like adding me.

Chunky lives in Aurora, and I think Zaj technically lives in Golden. But that's just aesthetic stuff, nothing important.

Underload

Lazy
Honorable mentions will make them think they've accomplished something. They need to work to get RANKED, boy.

I'm kidding, honorable mentions would be a nice addition.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Dylan actually made me laugh? What is this?

Don't do honorable mentions. I like not seeing mine or Nite's names up there. Gives us a reason to actually play. Who knows? Maybe I'll run the next bracket, and he can try to rep himself. Nite talks like he beats everyone, he should do it, mmhmm.

Should we start rankings up again for Melee, too? Imma prolly steal Tim's if we do.

Sunday is perfect, guize.

ALSO!

I want to start incorporating a general style that I read about @ EFL for friendlies/smashfests:

"P0nG said:
So I've decided to hold weekly gatherings at my house for Tekken 6 with a unique format. I have three TV's (One will be set up in the living room the other two in the guest bedroom) and room for about 12-15 people. Each TV will be assigned a tier Low Mid and High In order to move up a tier you have to win 5 games straight then challenge someone at the tier above you to a 2 out of 3 if you beat that person you move into their tier and they move into yours. The purpose of these meetups is to make Colorado once again a force to be reckoned with nationally in T6. If we start to get more interest in this than we have space every week the high tier will vote on one player to be removed from the low tier and be put back on the bottom of the waiting list. The voting will theoretically be based on which new players show the most promise and drive, as opposed to turning into a popularity contest.

Oh yeah and my house is 420 friendly (No beer please until after we're done with tekken)

I have a pretty flexible schedule at work so lets figure out a time to do this I was thinking every Saturday Noonish tell wheneverish

Also If any of the low tier players want to show up early to run some practice mode drills, work on there fundamentals ask questions, get guidance, etc I will be there to help out.

We'll figure out food when everyone gets here but It'll probably be everyone pitching on Pizza If you don't have pitch pack a lunch *CoughEggCough* also I understand their is alot of hate for DFG on these boards seeing as how I have nothing against him but I can see that if he comes it will drive off alot of the better tekken players I will ask him not to attend (Not out of spite but simply because of logistics)

Anyway Hit me up here or call my cell (720-362-0810) If youd be down. All skill levels are welcome and in fact encouraged but realize the format will force you out if you suck and arnt willing to get better.
Who is down for this?

Obviously, we'll have times when the better players can play with you/help you/coach you, buuuuuuuuuut, this way, at least for SSBM, allows our newbies to get experience and learn things against one-another. Getting your head mashed by Ferdi/Yang/Whoever for hours is fun and all, but I imagine it's a little bit discouraging. Playing people near your level allows you to actually try to learn and incorporate your own strategies, as well as how to punish bad habits/DI, rather than getting steamrolled consistently (and, worse yet, losing to a lesser player at some point in time because you never learned how to deal with "X noob strategy #2840").

So yeah, what do you guys think? I mean, everyone can play everyone, sure enough, but I think we should also let similarly skilled players play each other.

Anyone interested in the Melee panel should PM me their MSN/AIM/Skype/Whatever.

I'll post my Skype here later. I'm normally not logged in unless someone else is, tho.

EDIT:

hey guys on saturday around 11am im going to be in denver dropping someone off at the air port... while im there anyone want to smash it up a bit?
I ~might~ be down to play a little, but don't quote me on that. It's right after xmas, so I'll prolly be busy.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
hey yang I'll be on in an hour then, gimme your guys' user names and I'll add em when I get there.

you guys are still around lvl 17ish right?

edit: nvm I have relatives coming over, prolly have to entertain them

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
No go for P4 for me. Tricia's miscarriage kinda derailed everything.

SO, WHY DON'T WE HAVE A TOTALLY RAD TOURNAMENT DURING P4? WE CAN STREAM, AND HAVE A P4 STREAM RUNNING AT THE SAME TIME!

I propose we call it HIT.

For

Hi!
I'm
Tim.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
hey yang I'll be on in an hour then, gimme your guys' user names and I'll add em when I get there.

you guys are still around lvl 17ish right?
yeah me and ferdi are both 18 now. My name is "gangbangyang" and ferdi's is something that i can't spell off the top of my head.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@Tony- Yeah defs. I
just have the issue with actually getting to places.

@Fino- Brawl bash? lolwut calm down. It was more like a Jigglypuff/my own skill bash. Didn't say I had a problem with brawl iirc.

But no, it's not the same with other games. I said I should get a PS3 because I'm simply better at games like SC and SF. Not because brawl is bad.

kgetoffmybakplz

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I should main waluigi.

We're going to skip honorable mentions for now, just because I'd rather have people wanting to improve to have their name show up, not feel like they're good enough since they got an honorable mention. But that's just me. I'm glad that people are fans of this method of PRing, we'll keep at it then. Next one will probably be end of January after the efl shindig. And depending on FF turnout, some oos may be on the panel, so I'd suggest against sandbagging in friendlies vs. them...

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yang, you guys should message me when you play, although I'm lvl 22 so yous still needs to catchup some. Tamaf is my character if ye fergot.

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Tiered Training...Smash Coaching?

I'm totally down with the idea of tiered training. I think it sounds like a good idea to help everyone improve steadily.

Back in the MLG days there was this thing called smash coaching. You registered one person as your smash coach and in between the matches within a set he/she could give you tips on what to do better. If we do start having Melee tourneys again I wouldn't mind doing this for any of the newer players. Hopefully some of the other players that are more experienced wouldn't mind doing this either.

Tony - I don't think we should do power rankings for Melee until tourneys start for Melee again. I'll be all for it when we start having tournaments again. Sorry to hear you're not going to Pound 4. Looks like I may be the only person going now rofl XD

SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET THEIR **** TOGETHER AND GO TO POUND 4 WITH ME!!!!

I'll smash today for a few hours with anyone who can host. Just post or txt me at 303-547-6131.

Top Bottom