• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
IC = too much work
MK= Too easy. (Actually he ***** my MK with DK too wtf...)

Also I was confused for a sec on why your name wasn't red.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
sometimes, its even better to NOT practice because then you dont play against CPUs with easily punishable habits

seriously, i played a quick brawl match against a lv1 computer as marth and after it went onto the stage i WAITED FOR IT TO ROLL BECAUSE THATS WHAT A HUMAN WOULD'VE DONE and instead it did nothing. yes this did happen ask Kenny

im so trained for what people will do simply because i dont play unless its against another human OR i finally figure something out thats been irking me, like how to moonwalk with marth/fox or how fast i need to be to illusion stall or something, basically flashy moves

also ben, we need to smash cause the last time i saw you smash was against erg and it was literally down to the wire but you lost in the end :(

ferdi edit: moblin did you get on DFO at all? me and yang are lv18 as of 2 hours ago and we're out of fatigue points as usual

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
lol MK isn't too easy. He's the best, but by no means auto-win. Especially if you get beaten by DKs...

Actually DK might > MK at non-gay play. Out-ranges and kills insanely early plus is hard to gimp. Play gay (pretty much just tornado) and it changes thing a LOT.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Playing gay is boring though mang.

I can only be so much Mk. Winning means nothing to me if I can't use someone pro like Jiggs. On the other hand, in brawl that's just not possible. I suck in melee. S64 I'm alright but over all I don't think I'm getting anywhere in smash.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Never said you should play gay. It's just how MK gets the advantage. If you don't play gay, he's still amazing.

I guess just find who suits you? Diddy is hella fun to play and IMO so is Marf. Diddy is also insanely good without having to do anything too dumb like plank, so maybe try him?

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. I've done my research and I was able to find some software to edit some video thus the Smash vids are uploading on youtube as we speak. Thanks Fino for the vids!! Smash Winner's Final and Grand Fiinals will be on youtube ASAP.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
while waiting to post this, i wanted to make sure so i looked at all 7 of the videos you have up on me vs you as a quick reminder and NONE of them has you ever doing what you said, whenever you're holding the ledge you ledge attack(i think a total of like 7-10 times all of which hit btw), and i think one time you rolled from the ledge and you got fsmashed. other than that you never really grabbed the ledge at all in any of the matches

maybe these are in our more recent games? i forget really fast cause i have short term memory and theres no video on it
Hrm... Maybe it's just a recent habit of mine, then.

I use the get-up attack against you a lot cuz you don't know the spacing too well for it yet, or the timing to outprioritize it.

If you just stand there with your back to me, I'll just throw pills from the edge as Doc, since you'll have to pivot to clink with them, unless utilt is that gay (very possible).

Buuuuuuuuut, I'm trying out Falco/Jiggz now. I wanna tier ***** and combo and ****. Doc will be like Peach+Sheik/Roy - only for funsies.

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Thanks to all that attended the Holiday Bash. This was a good event and lots of fun to boot. The raffle items were great and overall I hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

You will be able to view vids from the event here:

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/CutthroatLive.php#denverlive

or

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/C3NVGAvids.php

Note: Smash bros brawl winner's final and grand finals are on the NVGA youtube

Here are the results:

Tekken 6:

1: saeng
2: isaak
3: DancingFighterG
4: NOXZ
5: softee
5: IDK187
7: thegue
7: ghosx132
9: rotika
9: composure
9: xx brawler
9: yangfushang
13: the late king

Smash Bros. Brawl (Singles):

1: Fino
2: Dave!
3: Fluxus
4: timotee
5: Chunky
5: Meno
7: Demonic Toon Link
7: moblin
9: DopeboyQ
9: Bubu
9: bees
9: Chicken tenders
13: captain dyslexia
13: Starr
13: JCVD
13: Munch
17: Underload
17: MES
17: yangfushang
17: Z
17: Little Guy
17: Xann maric
17: Weak sauce
17: WeyrDragon
25: thegue
25: the late king
25: L46
25: ST . CB
25: Tranzworld
25: Possum
33: BobaFettvsWobbuffet
33: Omar_Brawler
33: Marronator
33: Bloshi
33: Lunchbox
33: Gamerchick
33: kish 340
33: red
49: MES!
49: rotika

Smash Bros. Brawl (Teams)

1: Iron Chef (Dave! + Fino)
2: Timonic toon link (Tim + DTL)
3: Awwwwwww yeah! (Nite + JCVD)
4: Marronunderwater (Marronator + Meno)
5: Pop Starr (BobaFettvsWobbuffet)
5: Bubulubu
7: team Riskey
7: Meso City

Soul Calibur 4

1: DancingFighterG
2: rivera
3: chamelio
4: IDK187
5: the late king
5: thegue
7: rotika

Street Fighter 4:

1: toxin
2: chamelio
3: jedi mind trick
4: ScottyF311
5: scottyF
5: yangfushang

HALO 3 (2 v 2):

1: flying terrordactyles (tomas + carlos)
2: crossfire (richard + aaron)
3: cold & stricken (sean + brandon)
4: pandas in pajamas (eR Leeeeerooooy)
5: Online Point Check (Keep Composure)
5: phaded monkeys (aaron + jovian)
7: TRS (Bromine + A 3 shot)
7: commanders (josh + erin)
9: Teh Jelliez (colin87 + EPiK NiNjA)
9: team ricochet (brad + christopher)
9: team skynet (dantae + steven)
9: no big deal (eric + adam)
13: red (ashley + scott)
13: final resolve (brandon + christian)

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Free for All)

-TBA

Who won doubles? It wasn't filled out the last two spots!! Will get the results for COD asap!!
I like how the only game I entered (and placed in) isn't listed. Nice stuff.

You can make your account a director account for free, and then there's no time limit. How did nobody know this?

And Tony's jiggs got owned about 3487598347590 by Yoshi.
Then I learned how to bair, and 3 stocked you.

We should have a Melee tourney before you leave. It'd be tight. And we could MM on the side, too. My Jiggz vs your Yoshi?!?!?

even if it was a friendly tounry, god **** im gonna try,pay 20 bucks to get into the venue at least gotta rep yourself a little bit
This man knows what he's talking about.

I think I should give up on smash and just get a PS3 >_>

I was playing Jeris in brawl today, who hasn't played in months, and got ***** by Falcon... along with everyone else he picked.
It's Jeris. He knows how to read. Also, he's one of your only good training partners aside from his bro, so he's gonna know all your habits, and you won't know his cuz you don't know how to read people properly yet. Show up to things, I'll teach you stuff.

I can only be so much Mk. Winning means nothing to me if I can't use someone pro like Jiggs. On the other hand, in brawl that's just not possible. I suck in melee. S64 I'm alright but over all I don't think I'm getting anywhere in smash.
If you want to beat Jeris, you HAVE to play gay. No matter what game, you just have to be gay as hell, cuz Jeris gets lucky as hell. No joke, you have to.

Also, it's Brawl. Top players play VERY gay for a reason. Melee players play gay, too, but it looks cool.

You aren't improving cuz you aren't going out and playing people, esp people that can teach you stuff.

If you wanna be pro with Jiggz, play Melee with us. We can learn Jiggz together!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I'll hold a fest either tomorrow or wednesday, I think. Provided that people tell me which works better, and on how much sleep I get tonight. And now for something completely different:

1. dave
2. tim
3. meno
4. dtl
5. bees
6. underload
7. zaj
8. yang
9. khidar
10. Llamacario

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I'll hold a fest either tomorrow or wednesday, I think. Provided that people tell me which works better, and on how much sleep I get tonight. And now for something completely different:

1. dave
2. tim
3. meno
4. dtl
5. bess
6. underload
7. zaj
8. yang
9. khidar
10. Llamacario
lol @ 10?

And I made the changes to Jo's name handler ;)

Fino

Smash Master
We've gotta rep Tink man. I personally like Tink's U Taunt. Proabably because it incorporates music from LoZ: Wind Waker....
Toon Link =/= Wind Waker Link
Wind Waker was cool, Toon Link is gay.
I don't understand how you think a character pulling out a dildo(that **** ain't a wind waker) for a taunt is likable.
Ever since Fino, I will never again use the U taunt. I'm sure MJG knows what I'm talking about.
Lol... *looks above*

even if it was a friendly tounry, god **** im gonna try,pay 20 bucks to get into the venue at least gotta rep yourself a little bit
^This kid knows what he's talking about :D

lol MK isn't too easy. He's the best, but by no means auto-win.
Mk kinda got shafted by being as good as he is, because everyone picked him up, and in-turn everyone learned the match-up well if they wanted to win. Unless you're solely maining mk, at this point in meta-game... you probably shouldn't play him

I can only be so much Mk. Winning means nothing to me if I can't use someone pro like Jiggs. On the other hand, in brawl that's just not possible.
Lol at attempt to brawl bash. It's the same in every other fighting game. Every. Single. One. Not just brawl.
I'm sorry if you feel the need to win with bottom tier characters to feel good, but with every fighting game... they're called top tier for a reason ._.
"Playing gay" and "play to win" are synonymous, brawl is just more blatant with it than other game because the gay is defense oriented.

1. dave
2. tim
3. meno
4. dtl
5. bees
6. underload
7. zaj
8. yang
9. khidar
10. Llamacario
Why is Llamacario so low O.o? That **** is waayyyy too legit

~Fino

Fluxus

Smash Cadet

Mk kinda got shafted by being as good as he is, because everyone picked him up, and in-turn everyone learned the match-up well if they wanted to win. Unless you're solely maining mk, at this point in meta-game... you probably shouldn't play him

~Fino
Precisely why I don't main him anymore. One, people like fighting him too much now, and two, everyone knows everything your gonna do. You just have to be broken enough with him to win. And I'm not that good at broken, or abusing brawl, I mostly use all mindgames.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Then I learned how to bair, and 3 stocked you.

We should have a Melee tourney before you leave. It'd be tight. And we could MM on the side, too. My Jiggz vs your Yoshi?!?!?
I'm not gonna make johns but I will MM you. Five dollar! At a tournament sometime if it ever happens!

I must attend a smashfest sometime soon. But I can probably only do one after Christmas.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Well that was fun GGs Dave. Thanks for playin with me. wifi is full of lols. Hopefully we can have some serious friendlies sometime soon again. Also maybe DTL would be interested tomorrow in wifififi? I don't know. I want to go to another timfest but I am broke. Maybe I can make it. If I can I will bring a wii and tv.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
So, today I talked to a good number of people online and started the Rankings discussion back up, but with a few changes. I'm going to be running a secret panel every couple of weeks, talking to different people each time. Anyone I talk to should not discuss or mention it to others, as I want to eliminate bias or concerns about it, and also drama. Don't judge people based on your feelings of them as a person if you're in this group. And don't say whether or not you were in it, because then I'll just start instructing random people to lie or not about their participation, or just start disregarding the input from people that can't follow this idea.

If you want to be on the panel and you haven't talked to me online outside of smashboards before, I have aim/msn/gtalk/skype/facebook, just PM me about what your name is on any of those and what you prefer.

Meno will be posting the first Secret Panel Rankings shortly, I think it might contain some surprises for people. If you don't like it, then work hard and maybe when the next one is made your voice will make a difference in it.

Oh, and there's one special rule: No matter how he does in tourney, Dave falls 1 spot for every D and 2 spots for every F. Sorry buddy, but "Cs get degrees", so you'd better keep that **** in order.

Top Bottom