• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
practice the basic, all cast bnb, then hop online and play people. Add people that are really good to friends list. In between sessions, practice the harder combos / character specific combos.
Yeah, I planned on learning the basic combos first. I got a big list of combos I need to learn. There are so many different drive loop combos to do. Looks like a lot of Tao's combos don't hit Carl for some reason.

I guess what I'm gonna do is learn all the basics and test them out on Moblin till I'm confident in doing them. I'll go online and not ****, then try and learn another more advanced combo every day, and try to use it effectively in my next online session.

I'm gonna practice those combos I saw that other Tao use today. Especially that one that combos into 6c. And that really basic 6a > (j.a > j.c > JC) x3 > 236b combo.

Tao is phun.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
see ya david..... =/ anyways so ferdi's asian *** won? god **** it im so lost here. Whos the big dog now? i thought it was jeris? Although, ******* rafa shuold be no. 1 rafa= epic fail.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Wow, thanks everyone for coming, and for not spilling food/drink all over the place XD Cleaning up was eaaasy.

Uh results that I know:
Melee: 1st: Ferdi 2nd: SDSG 3rd: Marronator (lol ferdi comback in finals!)
Brawl: 1st: Tim 2nd: DTL 3rd:? (Meno?)

Tim: Get owned in pikmin 2! I suppose it's my revenge for knocking me into brawl losers :p

Jamaal: I should get better DDR pads lol Great seeing you again!!

Meno: My beautiful doubles partner ;_; I will miss you so! (you should still make me a sig though XP)

DLT: Demonic Lettuce Tomato, you are one weird kid, in a likable way though

Moblin: next tournament I'll make sure you get a real match XD I still think it's impossible to do well switching between melee and brawl. Oh and post/pm me your music theory questions and they will be answered!

Jeris: GGs! Looks like we are even for this tournament, I knock you into losers and then you knock me out. Next time watch out for my MN skills :D Haha glad you also didn't get lost further!

Ferdi: a guest star appearance! Your mind reader is too much for me! Next time I definitely want to play you more!

Lovo: Was scurred! but still too good...

Erg: looks like a pokemon! Maybe your headphones evolve...

Zajice: You'll never beat me at 64! :p

Underload: yay he made it! Super fun playing you at the beginning :D Keep working on those melee skillz

Over900000000: Your pizzas were waaay too delicious! <3<3<3 Next time we should try a pokemon snap MM, even if it's for a quarter >:D

Tony: is not a "thieving jewboy" :D Next time there is a piano at a smashfest I'll give you a more suitable concert! Though I'm still wondering, could you break this $1 million bill?

Nite: Gives the best high fives ever! Falcooon Pawwwnch

Roman+friend!: Win the last to leave award! Work on those tips I gave you and I'm sure you'll improve!

Kadar: Don't worry! We don't drink soda in Boulder anyway :p

Lawk: Yay you made it without me driving out to get you!

Flux, Jvcd, Yang, + Meleemarth: Wish you guys were able to make it too :( still <3

Oh and I found some stuff left at my house:
a wii motion sensor bar
2 melee disks
I'll look more in depth for your memory card tomorrow, tim

I'll miss you guys so much ;_; But I'll be back during holidays, so I'll still be around occasionally!

Underload

Lazy
I guess I'll do shoutouts anyway lawl.

Dave - Had SOOOOO much fun with the Melee and 64 friendlies that we did before everyone came. I GOT ***** BY FALCON PUNCH SO MUCH DAMMIT. Have fun in MN.

Tim - You got off today, srsly. 2nd best Ness? Yes.

Jamaal - traitor

Meno - Moar counterpick n' camping work is necessary for me.

Moblin - Moblins aren't fat, they're just big boned! ;_;

Jeris - ****

Ferdi - *****

Tony - kinda ****

Lovo - rapetastic

Zajice - We did dubz toward the beginning of the day, does that count? edit: Also, we did indulge in a few friendlies on DTL's TV, remember?

Over9000 - showing that Mario is actually good. Not gonna lie, I was pretty scared when we played our set. ._.

Too lazy to do any more shoutouts. I'm pretty happy that I'm at least getting a little payoff in Melee after just a month or so of practice. Melee to Brawl transition is pretty hard.

That is all.

Lawkk

Smash Rookie
Wow, thanks everyone for coming, and for not spilling food/drink all over the place XD Cleaning up was eaaasy.

Uh results that I know:
Melee: 1st: Ferdi 2nd: SDSG 3rd: Marronator (lol ferdi comback in finals!)
Brawl: 1st: Tim 2nd: DTL 3rd:? (Meno?)

Tim: Get owned in pikmin 2! I suppose it's my revenge for knocking me into brawl losers :p

Jamaal: I should get better DDR pads lol Great seeing you again!!

Meno: My beautiful doubles partner ;_; I will miss you so! (you should still make me a sig though XP)

Moblin: next tournament I'll make sure you get a real match XD I still think it's impossible to do well switching between melee and brawl. Oh and post/pm me your music theory questions and they will be answered!

Jeris: GGs! Looks like we are even for this tournament, I knock you into losers and then you knock me out. Next time watch out for my MN skills :D Haha glad you also didn't get lost further!

Ferdi: a guest star appearance! Your mind reader is too much for me! Next time I definitely want to play you more!

Lovo: Was scurred! but still too good...

Erg: looks like a pokemon! Maybe your headphones evolve...

Zajice: You'll never beat me at 64! :p

Underload: yay he made it! Super fun playing you at the beginning :D Keep working on those melee skillz

Over900000000: Your pizzas were waaay too delicious! <3<3<3 Next time we should try a pokemon snap MM, even if it's for a quarter >:D

Tony: is not a "thieving jewboy" :D Next time there is a piano at a smashfest I'll give you a more suitable concert! Though I'm still wondering, could you break this $1 million bill?

Nite: Gives the best high fives ever! Falcooon Pawwwnch

Roman+friend!: Win the last to leave award! Work on those tips I gave you and I'm sure you'll improve!

Kadar: Don't worry! We don't drink soda in Boulder anyway :p

Lawk: Yay you made it without me driving out to get you!

Flux, Jvcd, Yang, + Meleemarth: Wish you guys were able to make it too :( still <3

Oh and I found some stuff left at my house:
a wii motion sensor bar
2 melee disks
I'll look more in depth for your memory card tomorrow, tim

I'll miss you guys so much ;_; But I'll be back during holidays, so I'll still be around occasionally!
My sensor bar is missing so that is probably mine :<

I'll miss you David D=

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
That was a really awesome smashfest. I have stories and stuff!

One of my favorite things ever is fighting Underload. Peach is a super safe character, and pretty much everything she has is lag-less and safe on shield - meanwhile, I am not, and I mess up very often. Every time I don't retreat my dairs, there a utilt. Every time I don't cancel my aerials properly, there's a shield grab. Playing Underload forces me to play perfectly and it's soooo much fun and so productive.

But one thing that almost everyone of you is failing for is my dair chains. Guys, those don't work. >__>

Unless you're Moblin, dair -> dair -> dair isn't a combo. Start DIing away, and pulling your grenades, or nairing, or whatever it is your character can do. It's a free 40% that shouldn't exist, and it's only weakening me as a Peach.

Also, stop spot-dodging when I'm floating. Shield, then OoS u/tilt/b/smash/etc.

Also DTL, stop letting me tech chase you from your shield. I just float above you, and you just sit there, shrinking your shield until you roll somewhere - read the blue. xD

Tim and DTL - play your mains plz.

Dave - Awesome smashfest, congrats on your Melee placing, miss you, yada-yada. See you at Christmas. :D :D :D

Tai and Ryuudo - thanks for the help with the bottle...

The rest of you - GGs and stuff.

Dekar173

Justice Man
For those that don't know how:

in order to usmash OoS, it takes one more input than just "hold shield and flick up on c-stick" as THAT will just cause you to shield grab!

hold shield > jump > within 2 frames of your jump, usmash

Not sure how easy it is with tap jump, but it's pretty easy without it once you get the timing down.

@Meno- if you have a turnip in hand and shield Snake's first hit on ftilt, that's a guaranteed turnip in his face before he can use the second hit =P

Underload

Lazy
I couldn't SDI out of a paper bag, Meno. And, if you just told me all that stuff about habits n' shniz, I would've played you more even though I was mad mad mad at Brawl.

Also, Tim, if that was your Ness WITHOUT practice, then much **** would occur if you practiced it more. So do eet. Ness is MUCH more handsome than Wario. (although both of them wear hats..)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Here's my deal. I don't wanna play MK that much, but in tournament scenes my TL seems to kinda freak out... I don't get to play people nearly as often as I want.
That said, I want to play with you all often. Anytime someone will like, come over to play. I'll record, play Meta, do anything. I just want to play more people and get better.

Also at Meno: I appreciate the advice, and I should DI your Dair, but Usmash doesn't really work out of shield with you floating over me. I need to just space harder and avoid that position. We need to play..like all the time... srsly

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't fight any good Peaches other than you Meno, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to do.

I have no matchup experience with any character really. Except Ganon. Boy is that useful in tourney.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Also, I just ate Moblin's beef jerky he forgot in my car. Delicious! I had it with cheese, which moblin can't have because he's lactose intolerant!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
For those that don't know how:

in order to usmash OoS, it takes one more input than just "hold shield and flick up on c-stick" as THAT will just cause you to shield grab!

hold shield > jump > within 2 frames of your jump, usmash

Not sure how easy it is with tap jump, but it's pretty easy without it once you get the timing down.
i thought everyone knew its just control stick up and c-stick up. much easier with tap jump ON

this has been here since melee wtf guys havent you seen me usmash out of shield with fox in melee its good ****

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
How to beat a Meno:

Pick ZSS
Uair spam
???
Win!

How to beat a Tony:

Don't. He'll beat himself for you!

How to beat a Ferdi:

Don't suck.

How to not lose to anyone in the smash scene:

Be LoVo and don't enter tournaments.

How to beat the monster amount of replies in CO's thread:

Stop reading 40 posts ago.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Can I eat any foods with lactose?

You may be able to eat a small amount of some foods with lactose. For example, you may be able to eat cheese, or yogurt, but not drink milk. Aged cheeses have very little lactose. You may be able to eat some prepared foods. To find if you can, try a small amount of the food and see how you feel.

Points to remember:

Find out if you can eat small amounts of food with lactose

Eat fewer foods with lactose in them, like mlk, some cheeses, and ice cream.

Read food labels to find out if a food has lactose in it.

Use a special pill or liquid to help you digest foods with lactose

Eat enough foods with calcium, like broccoli.

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/lactoseintolerance_ez/

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Cheeseburgers and pizza use the same cheese!

Except for pizza!

Also, no tourney saturday. They're focusing on running their PC tourneys and don't want to have to split attention.

How to beat tim in any game:

Grab.

Dekar173

Justice Man
i thought everyone knew its just control stick up and c-stick up. much easier with tap jump ON

this has been here since melee wtf guys havent you seen me usmash out of shield with fox in melee its good ****
usmash oos with ness was...decent, at best. yoyo blows.

as for these peeps, they may have not known it carried over to brawl, or are too shield-grab happy ;D

Top Bottom