• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

people can only stay till 6;30 cuz i gotta take heibrahi back home then

currently coming at 4:00 - heibrahi ken tahs all so far i dont know **** son maybe magus he might show up noone know what he do sheit

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Moblin, I really didn't like The Soloist. If you're not big into music or writing, I could see you liking it. I had a lot of problems with it, though.

Still, go see it so I can get your opinion. Also, you play cello? Teach me. No joke, I'll spend days practicing Melee with you for like... 1 hour of cello practice.

And for those of you wondering, South Park is a real town in Colorado.
It's where I saw my first homeless person!

Dekar173

Justice Man
Moblin, I really didn't like The Soloist. If you're not big into music or writing, I could see you liking it. I had a lot of problems with it, though.

Still, go see it so I can get your opinion. Also, you play cello? Teach me. No joke, I'll spend days practicing Melee with you for like... 1 hour of cello practice.

You live in Denver and had never seen a homeless person until visiting ****sville South Park? Do you never go to the movies or what? :p

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice

Yeah the only reason I sorta want to see it is because I'm a complete fanboy of the cello. I'll see it pretty soon though. The priorities this month is Star Trek and X-men, those are practically a must-see.

Do you have a beater cello that you can learn with? If not, I happen to have one that I can let you borrow for lessons. I've only been playing for 3-4 years, but I definitely know enough to get you started with the right techniques in exchange for some melee practice. Let me warn you though:

Unfretted instruments are ****ing beastly to learn. I used stickers in the beginning so I knew where the notes were. Not to mention the first month you're just learning how to bow all 4 open strings correctly xD. I love the cello though. It gets you all the ladies, mmmhmmmmm.

Yes I did just write 3 paragraphs about a nerdy instrument.

On a side note, you can tell what audience the star trek movie is going for. In one of these advertisements they stressed, "Not your father's Star Trek!" really? THANK GOD.

Halfro

Smash Rookie

Please sign up and let us know you are coming!

SF4
Halfro
Klt
Recon
Dragon
Pedro
Knucka
Pix
Handsome Tim
Egg
Kyles
Krsjin
Tage
Hydro
Klt
Stikfiga
Mas
Cisco
Alan
Pablo
Gd
Logos
Fox
Ike
Baka
Interim
Mooncakes

HDR
Halfro
Recon
Dragon
Knucka
Kyles
Mas
Logos
Ike
Baka

SC4
Recon
Dragon
Knucka
Egg
Kyles
Krsjin
Torn
Tage
Hydro
Pablo

Team Brawl*
Yang + Ferdi
Ownage + George
Interim + Flux
Nite + Tim
Recon + Jamaal

Naps

Smash Rookie
kyoshiro1221 were you live at and witch game do you play melee or brawl or both I have a team you could join into.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah the only reason I sorta want to see it is because I'm a complete fanboy of the cello. I'll see it pretty soon though. The priorities this month is Star Trek and X-men, those are practically a must-see.

Do you have a beater cello that you can learn with? If not, I happen to have one that I can let you borrow for lessons. I've only been playing for 3-4 years, but I definitely know enough to get you started with the right techniques in exchange for some melee practice. Let me warn you though:

Unfretted instruments are ****ing beastly to learn. I used stickers in the beginning so I knew where the notes were. Not to mention the first month you're just learning how to bow all 4 open strings correctly xD. I love the cello though. It gets you all the ladies, mmmhmmmmm.

Yes I did just write 3 paragraphs about a nerdy instrument.

On a side note, you can tell what audience the star trek movie is going for. In one of these advertisements they stressed, "Not your father's Star Trek!" really? THANK GOD.
I don't. It would be tight if you could lend me one/teach me. I'll teach ya whatever I can.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Okay, bring stickers, lots and lots of them. I'll assume you're a lot more talented a musician than I am due to raw experience, but I can definitely get you on the first plateau towards the ultimate mastery of the instrument.

Oh yeah and starting around the end of this Month, school is out so I'll probably be making it to a LOT of smashfests. sick

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Okay, bring stickers, lots and lots of them. I'll assume you're a lot more talented a musician than I am due to raw experience, but I can definitely get you on the first plateau towards the ultimate mastery of the instrument.

Oh yeah and starting around the end of this Month, school is out so I'll probably be making it to a LOT of smashfests. sick
Like... how many? 40? 100? I know that for most guitars nowadays, there are at least 20 frets. I dunno how much range the cello has, though. D:

Yaaaaaaay! Practice your technicals until then, that way we can spend less time waiting for you to get combos down and more time on getting you familiarized with the metagame. Learn your combos, your set-ups, how to waveland, cgs, etc. Get your shffling down pat.

EDIT:
But tony! you know jazz pianists get all the girls! ;)

If you call them herpes-ridden whores girls, then yea.

JAZZSUCKSOMG****YOUDAVID!jkjklol

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
so for extrafresh league tourney, since it doesn't seem like much teams are gonna show, wanna just do round robin? I think it would be better and more fun. Then possibly just do top 2 teams battle for finals and split 70 30? what do u guys think?\

also put me down for sf4

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I dunno how much range the cello has, though. D:
First, there's first position, which starts at the very top of the neck. It's raw muscle memory to remember where the perfect sounding notes are for each string, since each string is different and has its own personality.

Oh yeah and the notes get closer together and harder to hit as you go up the string ;) hahaha

How much range?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu78X73Mo-I
edit
Crazyness starts at about 2:30 min in

Yaaaaaaay! Practice your technicals until then, that way we can spend less time waiting for you to get combos down and more time on getting you familiarized with the metagame. Learn your combos, your set-ups, how to waveland, cgs, etc. Get your shffling down pat.

Ok, right now I just totally suck at wavelanding. But my ledge hops to the stage with Ganon are feeling sick right now. I'm just having trouble deciding on a secondary that compliments him pretty well atm.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Does anyone actually understand what Naps says?

Naps, where in CO are you?

Mobllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!:

I could be wrong, but the easiest way visually to waveland through platforms with Ganon is to wait until his body is halfway through the platform, and then just tap dodge and a complete left or right. No downward at all. Well, maybe not the easiest, but it gives you SOOOOOOOOO much range. Ask Ken, he plays Ganon a little.

Marth compliments Ganon well, since they have similar playstyles. You could also consider Fox or Sheik, since they're pretty much THE match-ups for him, and knowing how they play helps to play against them. Plus, having Fox as a second pretty much guarantees your technicals are going to get better. :D!

Also, I found this from watching your video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IliwQImJrYE&feature=related

Headbanging celloists are tight.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
On dreamland, you full jump and at the tip of your jump you airdodge right/left for a free complete length waveland. Also applies to wavelanding from ledge, just airdodge completely right/left for the waveland. I'm sure I've shown you this before as waveland --> roll is ganon's safest approach to get back on stage from the ledge.

And as a secondary, any top tier will do. Or maybe even LUIGI CAUSE HE'S BROKEN

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Apocalyptica pretty much invented the headbang, plus their lead cellist is the most hardcore musician I've ever seen. The sound quality isn't very good, but seach "duelling cello" into youtube to get a feel for what the instrument is capable of.

Fox it is, probably. Marth and shiek are too gay and I hate peach. yep <3

Top Bottom