• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Freya's a pretty name. Demo, you don't want me to make lawls at you, don't diminish my value. Just sayin', you piss me off, I'll make sure to do it right back. Nothing irks me more than scrubs talkin' like they're hot stuff, especially when they start talkin' crap to me after I've had their back.

Heibrahi, we need to get you a new kitty. And a jorb. Wanna come with me to a career fair on Thursday? No idea what they're offering, but hey, it's a chance.
Sure I just need to buy me some fake pee ****s and im good to go >.>

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Guess what?
There is a guy in the dorm room accross from me who plays smash!

:D

Only the thing is, he has a thing against Wave-Dashing, Lcanceling, ECT...
He calls them exploits. ::)

Luckally, he wasnt the type to tell me I cant use the "exploits". He said it was his job to "shut people like me down"
I kicked his *** in melee.
Hard.

But he does play Brawl, and he kicks my *** there.
But ive taken another look at Brawl's Meta-game and Im gonna try it out.

Ganon still looks way too boring. And same with DDD... and way too many people play him.

But I think I may have found a kindred spirit with DK. He is much improved from his melee version, and he feels more like the meele ganon then anyone else in brawl.

Plus, Yettie DK is badass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVImpxyZfIE

(4:55 is LOL)

Now. You may be asking "Who the phuck are you?"
"We dont care! Go back to durango!"
"NOOB!"

Well. Im bored and I am the meta game in Durango.
So there.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
God, what an ugly kitten. It's got red fur and glasses. Outside of that, it's bigger than you. But you look as small, cute, and furry as ever, Ravin! :D

@ Tony and Demo: Both of ya, shaddup! I thought you both were joking, but if you're getting pissy over what everyone else in the world can read as joking love, then you both can either be in the laughter, or be super serious with each other. Bromances shouldn't fight, yo!

@ Nite: So Zeta Slow (<-Irrelevant to anything)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
You missed a "t" in zetta, jamz.

We miss ya, Zenj. Also, for Brawl, MetaKnight is the Meta-Game. Srsly.

Still, DK is good, and pretty cool. Grats on finding someone to smash with (finally)!

Heibrahi, be at the community college at like... 12:15ish on Thursday and be decently dressed. We'll head straight to the jorb fair from there.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
You missed a "t" in zetta, jamz.

We miss ya, Zenj. Also, for Brawl, MetaKnight is the Meta-Game. Srsly.

Still, DK is good, and pretty cool. Grats on finding someone to smash with (finally)!

Heibrahi, be at the community college at like... 12:15ish on Thursday and be decently dressed. We'll head straight to the jorb fair from there.
save me sum

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Demo, you don't want me to make lawls at you, don't diminish my value. Just sayin', you piss me off, I'll make sure to do it right back. Nothing irks me more than scrubs talkin' like they're hot stuff, especially when they start talkin' crap to me after I've had their back..
First off, you're being a *****. If you have a problem, then tell people to stop. It SHOULD be obvious how I wasn't serious.

Second, point out where I said anything about me being hot stuff..........in any serious notation. Mad skills doesn't count, since it was obvious I was joking. And I obviously can handle trash talk, just not when you cross the line.

Third, I don't care if you make "lawls" about me, but if you decide to move past that fine line of race/religion and start telling me how my religion is a plague in an obvious delivery, then I have a big problem. That's like telling a Sihk he should take his turban off because it looks gay or asking a Muslim if he did any suicide bombings recently.

Fourth, name one time you had my back. I hear constant insults and jibber jabber, nothing really positive except for the one time I played HDR with you. And I'm obviously not very good because you kids would NEVER play when I was able to. I've seriously played less than 1/20th the amount of either game as you.

And Remember how you were going to call me about stuff?

Fifth and finally, you seriously think you can stay good at a game by not playing it, then you complained about how you should've practiced when David came to CO and won or when some nub beat you online. That's real irony, since you keep moving back and forth from both sides.

Then when I jokingly point it out, what happens? You start talking about my skills, like I have ANYTHING to do with you. I didn't know you were serious......

I don't doubt that you're a decent player, I'm just saying you could be a lot better if you actually played more. That's why David's the best in Utah.......because all he does is play brawl/melee.

And if you're still bent on trying to win some argument that we never got into, go ahead. I'm not bothering with this stuff. Seriously, making fun of my mission and inferring Mormons to be infected, not cool.

@ Tony and Demo: Both of ya, shaddup! I thought you both were joking, but if you're getting pissy over what everyone else in the world can read as joking love, then you both can either be in the laughter, or be super serious with each other. Bromances shouldn't fight, yo!
I was joking until I said "seriously".

*edit*
Sorry, I made a mistake on the Vegas dates. It's June 13-14.

Freya's a pretty name. Demo, you don't want me to make lawls at you, don't diminish my value. Just sayin', you piss me off, I'll make sure to do it right back. Nothing irks me more than scrubs talkin' like they're hot stuff, especially when they start talkin' crap to me after I've had their back.

Heibrahi, we need to get you a new kitty. And a jorb. Wanna come with me to a career fair on Thursday? No idea what they're offering, but hey, it's a chance.
When the hell did i say i was the best? srsly learn to read

all i did is call you on that exact thing your the nub tony "OMG a snake player beat me now no one in Colorado can beat him" wow tony your 4th give the other people a chance you should be pissed at yourself since your the nub talking like your hot stuff all the time "oh i can beat Nite" "oh ferdi no prob" "i can beat tim now"

dont you lose to all of those people ? GIVE UP TONY

cant you tell everyone got mad when you said that ? even demo came back to yell at you

oh and the Texas tournament sounds really bad and they have a lot of games that would suck for tournament

Actually let me rephrase that. A lot of games we don't play and smash is last on their list. I wouldn't know if they suck or not but obviously we don't play

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I wasn't saying that he was going to beat all of us. Just that if I had trouble with some random no-name, I think we should either get into the habit of playing again, or drop the game. It ~may~ have been Romeo, but I still haven't had confirmation on that.

I've beaten Heibrahi on numerous occasions in tournament. In Melee, up until the last few tournaments, it was pretty one-sided. Then he improved, then we all quit. In Brawl, it's been more-or-less even, with him possibly having beaten me one more time than I've beaten him, if you count the tourney where I went all ZSS.

I've taken matches from Ferdi and Jeris, and even had it get to the wire with both of them (read: every single time with Jeris), but I haven't knocked either of them into loser's in Brawl. Ferdi ****ed around too much in Melee to justify any of my wins against him.

Tim is the only one who has shut me down at every single tournament. I've only taken a round from him once or twice. Brawl is his game, simple as that. He knows what to do, and he enjoys it.

Ken, more often than not, you're antagonizing me. I don't know if you hate me because I don't put up with your ****, or you resent me because despite having **** happen to me, I'm not throwing my life away, or if you just have some huge complex and resent me for beating you in every Melee tournament ever, but you're always starting **** with me. I've tried being nice to you, I've tried ignoring you, and I've even tried MMing you on-the-spot when you're talking ****. The best that happens is I call you on your **** and you back down (like the MM).

More often than not, you keep attacking. I don't know what could possibly be so horrible about your life that you have to make yourself better by being a **** to me, but methinks it wouldn't hurt for you to either seek professional help and get on some medication, or for you to just cut to the end and OD already, since that's where your life is headed right now.

Demo, I think I should clarify. There's no actual "practicing" with Brawl. What technical aspects are there to the game? You learn match-ups, and that's it. More often than not, you're fighting the character, not the player. Meno's an incredible Peach, and he's good at learning on the fly, but as long as he plays Peach, I don't have to worry. Sheild, grab/jc shield into aerial, repeat. That's how you beat Peach. As long as you know when to punish a character, you win. I don't need to read his rolling habits, or his attack patterns, or anything. I just stay at the range where he only has one or two options available, and I use one thing to beat both of them: the shield. Right now, I don't know how to punish a few characters. Heibrahi just started playing MK, so we'll all be learning that match-up soon enough. I learned a lot from the tournament with Jeris about fighting DK. I still don't know how to fight GaW or Snake properly, however. Sure, there are exceptions like m2k, dsf, and azen, but in general you can play against the character instead of the player and win. When I say we need to play, I mean we need to learn what exactly to punish, and then we'll be fine.

Maybe if Brawl weren't such a rinse-repeat game your argument would be a little more valid, but everyone just watches vids of the "best" players on youtube and copies their gimmicks, so it's like you're playing the same person over and over again. Obviously, Tim/Jeris/Nite/etc are exceptions to this, as they do their own thing and it works, but that's the Brawl community in a nutshell. Mindless players looking to make a name for themselves.

I had your back when you and Heibrahi weren't doing too hot. So did Tim. Just because we don't parade around saying "HAY, LOOK HERE!" doesn't mean we didn't support you at all.

Also, internet=not good for carrying over sarcasm. You have to practically spam lawlz/:D :D :D/whatever to show that you aren't being a ****, especially in the CO thread when Ken hops on. I was joking for a pretty good deal of it, too, but you took it a little far, with "4th" being in **** near every post. It's not a bad placing, and I'm pretty sure that I've placed higher (and lower) than it on occasion. Hell, the only reason it carries negative connotations is because I constantly get it, and certain members of the community like to make anything related to me look bad. In all honesty, the greatest boon of Brawl was losing some members that contributed jack **** to the community. I'm obviously not talking about LoVo or MikeZor, either.

As for the religion line-crossing, I apologize. That was just me being a **** and veiling it very thinly as a friendly jab. I have nothing against Mormons, really. Aside from the fact that I pretty much hate white people, and most of them are white. D:<!

With another hugeass post that I was trying to avoid making done, I would like to shift the focus of this thread:

Tim is pretty much the most awesome person ever. He's been more-or-less a homeless shelter for the past few days, has been making INCREDIBLY stupid jokes for the past week straight, has slowly turned Don into a weird hybrid of him and Jamaal, wins tournaments on a consistent basis without ****-talking beyond friend jabs, and doesn't afraid of anything, even those that eat the whole thing. I nominate him for a medal or sumdat. Maybe just a gold star sticker.

wtf what do you know about my life srsly first off i enjoy life yeah im a ***** but when the hell have i ever talked to you about anything your the only one complaining about how your homeless trying to play the victim every time and if you want to go that way i think you should give up and cut yourself already i am never going to OD i mean your like 22 23 ? still live with your mom, your not going anywhere with lyn she has even told you that its never going to happen "from what i heard " i mean the only way you can prove me wrong is marring the ***** oh and i heard about what you told her "don't talk to ken because he is ****ed up" (or something like that) tony did you really get that scared of me when i talked to her ???? if your talking about OD im sure more people would agree that you would do that before me

second, tony we could all tell that you have been practicing that day you MM me.
your peach was playing like **** when you came over and when me and nite saw it we could tell i mean we have only been playing that game for like 3 years right ? we are not stupid....ME on the other hand i haven't been playing in forever and i was high as hell and drunk that day i wasn't too sure of myself and you did **** me in that brawl tournament but i have never played a sonic his moves where extremely weird and i didnt kno what to do but i still did good but still how often did i play brawl back then ?? like never i have been playing more with Jhop and nite, nite has tought me alot of stuff i would like to think i improved ? yeah i kno that you and nite go back and forth but jeris i know for a fact that he was sandbagging that tournament i went to yeah it was along time ago but i have played jeris and i know when he is yeah you will probably beat me in brawl but you dont have **** on me in melee

look tony i tryed too but you set your self up sooooooooooo much its too easy to make fun of you

and just because someone makes fun of you doesn't mean that their life sucks and has to make it better by making you suck there doesn't have to be something behind it you read in to it too much

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Omg lawls guys just ****en lawls

Tony Kinda need to needs to give himself an hour of time before he posts what he wants to say
Or he might start a wildfire of Insults xD
But seriously tony making low blows only makes it seem like it got to you
And from what i seee
dayum
And wtf is with this owning me in melee
Im just going to say this now and not respond to what you have to say after this
But you are making your sheik seem better then it really is. . . You kinda pushed my buttons so know i have to tell you how it really is. Your sheik is not better then me. It was not able to beat me in tourny...ever.The only reason i think you think its better is because while i play you in friendlies I try to find a way to beat your very predictable needle tricks without simply moving back and reverse stomping you after you dash/grab. I dont know if you noticed but i beat your sheik when i get pissed. You were a peach player
I have more trouble against your peach then with sheik cause your sheik had better set ups then needles. With the neutrals and the downsmash and the the stupid priority on upsmash xD

As you can see im doing the complete opposite of a give and take
Thats right a take and give
This is to show that im not being an ******* saying im better then you
NO sir, Just your sheik... but your peach im sure can own me if you practiced again
same with falco D:

Now that i have got that out of my chest let me continue

Ken is kinda being a **** by bringing lyn into this
I think you two might want to stop before this get out of hand and you say things That will piss me off
Tony You have 2 strikes on things you said that i cant believe you did/said
Ken you have one
Yall *****es better not piss me off or so help me god i will do something
and as you might know i can be a huge *******

ummm yeah i lost track of where i was going with this

So yeah everyone stfu now before you say something you shouldnt

And ummmm Demo did nothing wrong he was just being as cool as me >.>
well we all were but whatever

ummmmmm ummmm jamaal is kinda dumb an should be shot for being lame as hell

Ill edit if i forgot something im tired D:

T

Tage*Proto

Fun Flames and all that goodness.

Y'all need to quit the internet bickering and bringin people into your tampon slappin contest and just money match the **** and settle it or what not.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
how does tony have TWO strikes?

also money match won't do anything cuz they are not talking **** about the game.
I got a parking ticket from some *** at metro :(

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Lmao
Ill go mk and just own without trying
But then again I can go random and do the same =D
OMG RANDOM MM ANYONE IN THE THREAD!!!!
ANY TAKERS?!?!

I wasn't saying that he was going to beat all of us. Just that if I had trouble with some random no-name, I think we should either get into the habit of playing again, or drop the game. It ~may~ have been Romeo, but I still haven't had confirmation on that.

I've beaten Heibrahi on numerous occasions in tournament. In Melee, up until the last few tournaments, it was pretty one-sided. Then he improved, then we all quit. In Brawl, it's been more-or-less even, with him possibly having beaten me one more time than I've beaten him, if you count the tourney where I went all ZSS.

I've taken matches from Ferdi and Jeris, and even had it get to the wire with both of them (read: every single time with Jeris), but I haven't knocked either of them into loser's in Brawl. Ferdi ****ed around too much in Melee to justify any of my wins against him.

Tim is the only one who has shut me down at every single tournament. I've only taken a round from him once or twice. Brawl is his game, simple as that. He knows what to do, and he enjoys it.

Ken, more often than not, you're antagonizing me. I don't know if you hate me because I don't put up with your ****, or you resent me because despite having **** happen to me, I'm not throwing my life away, or if you just have some huge complex and resent me for beating you in every Melee tournament ever, but you're always starting **** with me. I've tried being nice to you, I've tried ignoring you, and I've even tried MMing you on-the-spot when you're talking ****. The best that happens is I call you on your **** and you back down (like the MM).

More often than not, you keep attacking. I don't know what could possibly be so horrible about your life that you have to make yourself better by being a **** to me, but methinks it wouldn't hurt for you to either seek professional help and get on some medication, or for you to just cut to the end and OD already, since that's where your life is headed right now.

Demo, I think I should clarify. There's no actual "practicing" with Brawl. What technical aspects are there to the game? You learn match-ups, and that's it. More often than not, you're fighting the character, not the player. Meno's an incredible Peach, and he's good at learning on the fly, but as long as he plays Peach, I don't have to worry. Sheild, grab/jc shield into aerial, repeat. That's how you beat Peach. As long as you know when to punish a character, you win. I don't need to read his rolling habits, or his attack patterns, or anything. I just stay at the range where he only has one or two options available, and I use one thing to beat both of them: the shield. Right now, I don't know how to punish a few characters. Heibrahi just started playing MK, so we'll all be learning that match-up soon enough. I learned a lot from the tournament with Jeris about fighting DK. I still don't know how to fight GaW or Snake properly, however. Sure, there are exceptions like m2k, dsf, and azen, but in general you can play against the character instead of the player and win. When I say we need to play, I mean we need to learn what exactly to punish, and then we'll be fine.

Maybe if Brawl weren't such a rinse-repeat game your argument would be a little more valid, but everyone just watches vids of the "best" players on youtube and copies their gimmicks, so it's like you're playing the same person over and over again. Obviously, Tim/Jeris/Nite/etc are exceptions to this, as they do their own thing and it works, but that's the Brawl community in a nutshell. Mindless players looking to make a name for themselves.

I had your back when you and Heibrahi weren't doing too hot. So did Tim. Just because we don't parade around saying "HAY, LOOK HERE!" doesn't mean we didn't support you at all.

Also, internet=not good for carrying over sarcasm. You have to practically spam lawlz/:D :D :D/whatever to show that you aren't being a ****, especially in the CO thread when Ken hops on. I was joking for a pretty good deal of it, too, but you took it a little far, with "4th" being in **** near every post. It's not a bad placing, and I'm pretty sure that I've placed higher (and lower) than it on occasion. Hell, the only reason it carries negative connotations is because I constantly get it, and certain members of the community like to make anything related to me look bad. In all honesty, the greatest boon of Brawl was losing some members that contributed jack **** to the community. I'm obviously not talking about LoVo or MikeZor, either.

As for the religion line-crossing, I apologize. That was just me being a **** and veiling it very thinly as a friendly jab. I have nothing against Mormons, really. Aside from the fact that I pretty much hate white people, and most of them are white. D:<!

With another hugeass post that I was trying to avoid making done, I would like to shift the focus of this thread:

Tim is pretty much the most awesome person ever. He's been more-or-less a homeless shelter for the past few days, has been making INCREDIBLY stupid jokes for the past week straight, has slowly turned Don into a weird hybrid of him and Jamaal, wins tournaments on a consistent basis without ****-talking beyond friend jabs, and doesn't afraid of anything, even those that eat the whole thing. I nominate him for a medal or sumdat. Maybe just a gold star sticker.
wow dats long

T

Tage*Proto

Bet it bet it bet it bet it.

$50 on jamaal who want it.

And tony you do know where he ate the whole thing came from right >_>

T

Tage*Proto

Fine fine I won't say nothin bout it.

Oh, and fucca mk, fucca smash, rock paper scissor money matches.

Top Bottom