• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
k, so far the confirmed are:

Me
Ferdi
Tim
Nite
Mikezor
Ken (since we're using his van, I'm assuming)

We should see about getting Jeris and LoVo on board for this. We need CO represented HARD.

Want me to do my budgeting magic nao, or should we wait until March to do it, to see how much gas hikes up? Of course, we could just budget for $4 a gallon. Shouldn't go over that by much.

EDIT: Also, when should we make the due date for gas being paid? May seems good enough for me. We'll toss it all in an envelope, then split whatever's left when we get back.

Ravin

Smash Lord
By then i should have vaction time from work. If its a three day tounry i can call it off for personal paid vaction time :3

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Why not just request it off in a month or two, Jams?

EDIT: Nite, find out what video editing software I should get for the videos Imma be puttin' together.
Cause I'm requesting time off in a month or two xD And I actually wanna call off a week if I can for going to NC. So I'm trying to be as infrequent as possible with the time off thing. I'll figure something out, hopefully.

Halfro

Smash Rookie
Keep playing HDR! Its good practice for SF4. Take the word of someone who has played both :D

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Problem being with the DBR tournament that we have limited space, unless we want to take two cars. If both Ravin and Kyo are DEFINITELY going, then I see nothing wrong with us taking two vehicles. Even better if we can get Khadir to go.

Jamaal, this thing is like... 8 months away, and you're worried about being able to take time off for it? Don't let the man control you like this!

Sorry, Demo. I dun think I'm up for much today. D:

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
You forgot to add ravin -_- stupid tony
also lovo and jeris need spots too
and we cant forget about yang
so that makes 10
If more people want to go i think we might have to take another car
we might actually have to have a car of like 3 people or something since so many want to go

Ravin

Smash Lord
I do not mind paying for a lot of gas, im sure at the time i will be able to have a lot of money saved up.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
You forgot to add ravin -_- stupid tony
also lovo and jeris need spots too
and we cant forget about yang
so that makes 10
If more people want to go i think we might have to take another car
we might actually have to have a car of like 3 people or something since so many want to go
I didn't forget him, I just didn't list him with the essential players.

I did forget Yang, though. D:

I'm thinking we'll just need two cars, if everyone is serious about going.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Cutthroat Ranbat 5​

Location: University of Colorado in Denver- Tivoli 140 - Sigis Cabaret
Address: Auraria Campus, 900 Auraria Parkway, Denver, CO, 80204

Date: Saturday, Sunday January 10-11 2009

Registration Starts:
Starts - Saturday – 10:00am

Tournament Start Time:

Tournaments starts at Saturday 11:00am - Saturday - Block A

Soul Calibur 4 - Novice Division
Note: This division will be for those individuals who have no tournament level experience in the Soul Calibur Series.

-Novice Division players have the choice to play in the experience division if they choose.

-Novice division players will play in a seperate tournament to win a prize but the money that they pay for the pot goes towards the experience division.

-Winner of the novice division tournament CANNOT EVER play in the novice event section.

-Tournament will be single elimination best 2 out of 3

Smash Bros. Teams

Tournaments starts at Saturday 2:00pm - Saturday - Block B

Guilty Gear Accent Core
Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
Smash Bros. Brawl - Singles
Soul Calibur 4 - Experience Divsion

Tournaments starts at Sunday 12:00noon - Saturday - Block C

Gears of War (2 v 2)

Games:

3D:
Soul Calibur 4

2D:

Guilty Gear Accent Core
Smash Bros. Brawl

First Person Shooter:

HALO 3
Gears of War 2

Price / Prizes:

Casual Play:

$10 entry fee per person / $20 per 2 v 2 team

Tournament Fee:

Tournament Fee - $5 pot fee per tournament - Fighting Games - $15 total fee
Tournament Fee - $20 pot fee per team - HALO 3/ Gears of War 2 - $40 total fee

Soul Calibur 4:
Prize: 1st - 70% and prize, 2nd - 30%

Smash Bros. Brawl

Guilty Gear Accent Core:

HALO 3 / Gears of War 2
Prize: 1st - 85% and prize, 2nd - 15%

Halfro

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to let you guys know that the tournament in Feb has been announced:
Link

Its on the 28th as discussed a little earlier. There is a cap of entrants for Brawl, which is 32. This is our first time with brawl at the tournament on top of the crowd that sf4 will bring so, be gentle guys. :chuckle:

If you plan on attending, please let me know on this forum or the link above if you are signed up for ef.net. Im going to give the top 8 from the last tournaments results guarenteed spots. Once the spots are filled, the bracket will then be closed to anyone else. Again this is our first tournament with brawl also included so, we just want to see how well it runs with the other games.

1. SDSG
2. Grizzly
3. Spirit Dragon
4. Fluxus
5. BrownNite
6. Timotee
7. Dave
8. Cliche

the Marronator

Smash Ace
I just wanted to let you guys know that the tournament in Feb has been announced:
http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=83

Its on the 28th as discussed a little earlier. There is a cap of entrants for Brawl, which is 32. This is our first time with brawl at the tournament on top of the crowd that sf4 will bring so, be gentle guys. :chuckle:

If you plan on attending, please let me know on this forum or the link above if you are signed up for ef.net. Im going to give the top 8 from the last tournaments results guarenteed spots. Once the spots are filled, the bracket will then be closed to anyone else. Again this is our first tournament with brawl also included so, we just want to see how well it runs with the other games.

1. SDSG
2. Grizzly
3. Spirit Dragon
4. Fluxus
5. BrownNite
6. Timotee
7. Dave
8. Cliche
Hey, I'll be attending this tournament as well :)

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Actually, owndizzler, we've got 2 tourneys in feb if I remember the C3 schedule correctly. **** gonna be crazy.

Also, halfro, your link is broken. It's got an extra http// hidden in there.

Halfro

Smash Rookie
Anyone who wants to sign up for that tournament, sign up here:

http://www.extrafresh.net/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=83&page=1#Comment_822

Seriously, if you don't, you might not get to play.

Also, help us out with the Brawl section.

I like that idea better. If everyone that wants to attend registered at ef.net, that would be great. That way I dont have to check back and forth between sites for everyone that wants to enter. I will but, just sayin.

p.s. Thanx timotee, I fixed it.

Halfro

Smash Rookie
BRAWL:
1. SDSG
2. Grizzly
3. Spirit Dragon
4. Fluxus
5. BrownNite
6. Timotee
7. Dave
8. Cliche
9. The Marronator
10. Izzy
11. Meno
12. Ryuudo
13. El Lovo

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Yoyoyo what's up homies?!

I got a xbox so we need to play some L4D or SF2HD.

DaiKumaNeko is my account (yes it's weeaboo, get over it)

I'm hella pissed that the 3.3 Wii update doesn't allow bootloaders anymore. I wanna play Tatsunoko and I rarely see the Reno guy who has a Japanese Wii >.<

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Yoyoyo what's up homies?!

I got a xbox so we need to play some L4D or SF2HD.

DaiKumaNeko is my account (yes it's weeaboo, get over it)

I'm hella pissed that the 3.3 Wii update doesn't allow bootloaders anymore. I wanna play Tatsunoko and I rarely see the Reno guy who has a Japanese Wii >.<
So i shouldnt update my wii?
and wow i didnt know you played anything other then brawl xD
Also
Give me one of your adorable sticks xD

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
I'll add you later today kaze! Also, I thought 3.3 and 3.4 both allowed bootloaders, it was 3.5 that didn't. I'm fairly sure my wii is 3.3, and I play TvC.

Spoilers: I broke Viewtiful Joe.

EDIT: ****IT STEVE. This post was made by Timotee, not Steve.

koikaze

Smash Apprentice
Give me one of your adorable sticks xD
Oh baby Niteizzle, I will give you one of my adorable sticks all night long ;)

EDIT: Added ya, KoiKaze. How are things? :D Also, we all need to play L4D. I learned some new NoMercy stratagies I oughta show y'all!
Things are cool. It's hard finding work here but I am making due. I haven't been playing Brawl much--sorta pissed at it.

NoMercy is broken... You can make most of the levels unbeatable with the infected by walling spots off with cars and forklifts.

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Tank_Car_AWESOME/

I'll add you later today kaze! Also, I thought 3.3 and 3.4 both allowed bootloaders, it was 3.5 that didn't. I'm fairly sure my wii is 3.3, and I play TvC.

Spoilers: I broke Viewtiful Joe.

EDIT: ****IT STEVE. This post was made by Timotee, not Steve.
Can you find out for sure Steve so I know if I can play it or not?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, srsly. Worst case scenario, you could downgrade your system.

You should add me, Kaze. I'm IzzyInfamous. If people start letting me know about L4D games, I might be down to tango. Not tonight, though. Hafta go pick a friend up from the airport, and am in the process of making a back-up of Brawl so I can texture hack. :D :D :D

Which reminds me, the next tournament will be using texture hacks on at least two wiis. Anyone else want a copy? It's only single-layer, so no subspace stuff for you, but for just ******* around, it'll prolly be pretty tight. Also, start giving me ideas of texture hacks to do once I learn how to. I'll be designing, Tim will be coding. Maybe we can have a special edition just for Colorado tournaments, lololol.

Also, texture hacking stages sounds tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Nite$ is rumoured to be in Brawl, guize. Turns out Sakurai was messing with us when he deconfirmed him for Brawl.

Top Bottom