• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I'd be a against a ban also...

I wanna play Flux first. :3

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
decided to write a marth guide for brawl

1.just tipper
2.f-air
3.grab
4.use that forward b combo it owns
5.just own

and there u have marth

GanondorfMan33

Smash Cadet
I will not discuss a ban here, but I am anti-ban, of any character.

"Oh that's because you use Meta Knight for half your matchups."

No, you are gravely mistaken if you think I think like that. I have said time and time again at tournaments, if I would've known Meta Knight would've been such a problem today, I wouldn't have picked him up back in April.

If there was a ban, I would hope it would be preceded with a well thought out discussion, and not a decision of authority.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Metaknight Guide

1. Press B
2. Repeat 1.
3. Follows Steps 1 and 2.
4. Once you deal enough damage stupidly fast. Mash the C stick down.
5.Repeat steps 1-4 until match is won.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Wow everyone thinking they are good at brawl
Ferdi lets make a sheik guide
Or better yet
Lets make a "how to be good with everyone ever like ferdi and Nite$" =D
Super double post.

Or a "How to lose to Ravin's Samus because Nites Shiek sucks Guide?"

Dekar173

Justice Man
Guide for Ness
1. Trip on start-up (I jumped wtf?!)
2. Use get-up attack.
3. Trip again. Sakurai hates Earthbound, so he hates you (you MUST always remember this!!!)
4. Start, L +R + A + Start (unless if you use the wiimote, which you probably do 'cause you're a dumb Ness player).
5. Pick up Metaknight, or quit.

kyoshiro1221

Smash Rookie
So yeah....

Kyoshiro's playing rules...
1. Go to 3 tournys and very few smash fests
2. Be unknown to everyone.....
3. Never do well
4. Lose to tim and tony in doubles with sam as a teammate.
5. Quit Brawl switch to melee...

There you have it folks....

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
You forgot step 6.

6. Get owned and boned by Tony in Melee, go back to Brawl. ♥

Sonic Guide complete!

1. Tech-chase
2. Be super technical
3. Make few mistakes
4. Dthrow lolol
5. Own
6. Trip
7. Get *****
8-2000. Trip more

Joking aside, despite the insistence of a player or two, no one will be banned without good reason and discussion. Until Flux starts ****** Ferdi, Jeris, and at least beats my Sonic consistently with MK (or Nite does it, or someone else), we're leaving him unbanned. And I mean ****** as in taking first in a good chunk of tournaments where the aforementioned are all present. He's beaten Tim and Nite once each, and I don't know about Nite, but Tim didn't seem to be **** as much as just silly mistakes.

For the record, soft-bans are simply an agreement to not use a character, but still allowing the character to be used. I could see us doing that more with Snake than MK, really, since everyone who uses him in CO agrees that he's just ******** and they're only playing him because he's not banned. Still, up to everyone else. Imma keep playing Sonic/whoever else, so I dun think I'm concerned too much.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Orion, no offense, but due to the lack of competitive playing you aren't really aware of/seen as a source for Yoshi's metagame.
No offense, but you have no concept whatsoever of my tournament experience, and shouldn't assume you do. Just because I have been avoiding the Colorado tournament scene in no way means I have no tournament experience. I have a handful of top 8s and a place on Brawl, for your information.

So... with respect, you can take your ad hominem bull**** and stick it in the most viable pocket of your human anatomy. Thanks.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon Guide

1. Begin battle by taunting "Show me your moves!"
2. Get in close by MindgameZ
3. Get a good jab and grab release to up air combo going
4. Pull off the sacred combo
5. **** tons of Snakes and Metaknightz
6. Make opponent cry because he knows his character is not as manly as Captain Falcon

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
Guide:

1. dota
2. orion tony never admits hes wrong and will fight to the end so prepare to type alot about nothing
3. WHERER U AT! WHERER U AT!

4. bind mouse1 "+fire;vocalize playerdeath"

Halfro

Smash Rookie
Yo Yo,

I really would like if the smash community decided to come to the efl forums as a 2nd home. We have enough room to accomidate you guys + like interim was saying, you have a sub forum to throw up guides, tournamnets, gatherings or whatever without having to search thru one-two threads 900+ pages long haha. See you guys there, if you decide to come. Oh and cliche, fusion is ok to go to but, I really think that the EF forum is gonna be the real place to go for discussion on colorado gaming here soon. I would like to see fusion become a sort of bulletin board for tournaments and gatherings honestly.

Half

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
No offense, but you have no concept whatsoever of my tournament experience, and shouldn't assume you do. Just because I have been avoiding the Colorado tournament scene in no way means I have no tournament experience. I have a handful of top 8s and a place on Brawl, for your information.

So... with respect, you can take your ad hominem bull**** and stick it in the most viable pocket of your human anatomy. Thanks.
Ohsnap.

I was trying to be polite.

Long and short of it? You get ***** when you play us. Simple as that. We have enough people spreading misinformation about Yoshi as is. We don't need another. lololol@Yoshi can CG Pit. Why do you think that, even with our Yoshi main writing the guide, we'll have 3 other people checking it?

In Colorado, if you don't play with us, you don't place well at our events. Simple as that. It's been proven time and again for the past 3 or 4 years. With the Smash series, you're either one of our regulars, or you're nothing more than a player that shows promise, at best. Meno is the closest we have right now to someone that we never see that is actually good, and he placed 13th at FF. Granted, he could have played Jeris/Ferdi/Tim and just lost to them, but still. There hasn't been an upset that's not Jeris related in ages.

You think you're good? Put some money on it. You v me, however much you want to do. I'll put a cap at $25, just because I want to actually have the money on hand if you challenge me. Otherwise, tone down your ego, boy. This isn't DDR, where all you need is technicals and you'll win. You actually have to think in this game.

Guide:

1. dota
2. orion tony never admits hes wrong and will fight to the end so prepare to type alot about nothing
3. WHERER U AT! WHERER U AT!

4. bind mouse1 "+fire;vocalize playerdeath"
This man speaks the truth. Until either you give up or an understanding is made, there will be walls of text.

EDIT: Dave/David (wut do I call you?), most of us are just too lazy to pre-reg.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
o.o Ganon guide.

1. Pull out sword from asspocket.
2. Refuse to use sword.
3. -> B to -> B to -> B to...
4. Pull out ass sword again.
5. Spin around and laugh.
6. Kick like Leonidas.
7. Repeat 4 and 5.
8. Bludgeon opponent with heavy object while they pummel Ganon.

GanondorfMan33

Smash Cadet

I'm not afraid to be truthful.

What kind of credentials, top 8? Where? How many players? 8? Group of your friends? What kinds of players? Was it........ ONLINE?!?!? Because I could make a great huge long post about my online credentials, which in the end, don't mean a **** thing.

As eloquent as your post was, it just kinda made you look stupid and defensive. But lets see if you can really back what you say. Come to round robin on Sunday. Lets see what you got, and if you can back your claims.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Sigh...

The tourney will be at 1048 Josephine St, unit C
Denver, CO 80206

Time not decided, discuss what times would work for people.

Also, Dave, Round Robin is where everyone in the tourney plays a set against each other, winner is the person with the best results. It gives an idea of rankings as well.

Edit: We'll be having a gaming gathering at that address today. If you come, please bring setups, and surge protectors so we can plug things in. Thank you.

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
its all brawl I see?
If there is some melee I might tag along, if not..then I still might come ahaha

GanondorfMan33

Smash Cadet
"We'll be having a gaming gathering at that address today. If you come, please bring setups, and surge protectors so we can plug things in. Thank you."

Tim said, today.

Unless I am under some kind of huge mistunderstanding...

iDoLiZeD

Smash Cadet
"We'll be having a gaming gathering at that address today. If you come, please bring setups, and surge protectors so we can plug things in. Thank you."

Tim said, today.

Unless I am under some kind of huge mistunderstanding...
oh wth, that edit wasn't there before!

wow...

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
The edit was there like 3 minutes after the post. People can still show up, we'll be playing until late I'm sure.

Top Bottom