• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
Flux, where do you live? If you live by clark maybe I can get a ride down to his place / catch a ride.

Also Flux / Clark you planning on coming to the Round Robin on Sunday?

Halfro

Smash Rookie
Yo, This is dancing fighter fro..........wait lol

Just wanted to let you guys know that we from the efl, are launching a new colorado gaming forum. Ive got brawl its own little forum so, in the next couple of days when its offically launched, come sign up/post in it!

See you all soon,

Half

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I love Halfro. I also love how almost anyone can post Yo, this is DancingFighterG, and no one will notice for a day or two.

Gathering tomorrow afternoon, anyone? Brawl, SFHDR, and maaaaaaaybe sumdat GG, though we only have one stick nao. D: D: D:

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Who decided to make it on thursday D: That my survivor day
Ill still go but god dammit
also wario land shake and bake is kind of disappointing the game is slow and it no longer has the Wario is invisible thing but find out how to get to new areas with things that enemy cause like catching yourself on fire or a zombie and things like that D:
I will keep playing hoping it will get better buut i dont even know anymore :(

korgoth

Smash Rookie
hey guess what! no school and thatt means i might show up to randomly hang out like i do. haven't played you guys in brawl in a while

GanondorfMan33

Smash Cadet
Steve I live up north in Loveland man. Lol.

Hey will someone give me the specifics on this Thursday deal? I may go.

Also can we make the Saturday round robin later in the day? I can't get to Denver til 3....

Ravin

Smash Lord
Soo... It would be awesome if you could make a tounry in the springs, around Jan 27 for my birthday.

Id love you guys long time?

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Steve I live up north in Loveland man. Lol.

Hey will someone give me the specifics on this Thursday deal? I may go.

Also can we make the Saturday round robin later in the day? I can't get to Denver til 3....
We'll probably just get together and chill in the afternoon, nobody has stepped up to host yet.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Cliche told me I should probably say something here. I usually post on other boards if I happen to be at Smashboards, but I wanted to drop in and say "Hi" to everyone here. The name's 0rion. You've probably seen me from time to time and not known it (though there are people like Ryyudo that know me pretty well). This is due partially to me working a lot and partially because I've been avoiding the tournament scene around here like the plague. I have sort of a love-hate relationship with competitive gaming. Which is to say, I like to play competitively when I don't have any sort of emotional investment on the line.

This is a problem, since I'm a major Yoshi rep - and a pretty good one, if I say so myself - and would like to improve his results somewhat, since no one else is going out and doing it. Lately, though, my heart just hasn't been in it.

But that's as may be. Feel free to hit me up on AIM or drop me a PM. I'm generally pretty easy to get ahold of, and fun to be around when I'm not playing something for stakes. :laugh:

My info is to the left of this post. So... hi.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I haz a car now! I can come to things as long as it's not snowing now! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

So... hi.
Oh, I've seen you around. You live in Denver? Awesome, hope to see you at the next tourney thing! :bee:

One's this Sunday actually.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Oh, I've seen you around. You live in Denver? Awesome, hope to see you at the next tourney thing! :bee:

One's this Sunday actually.
Awesome to hear from you again, man.

Yeah, Cliche asked me to come to that tourney, too. I do like the "Round-robin" idea. Like I said, though, my heart is just totally not into tournament stuff right now... :(

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
This is a problem, since I'm a major Yoshi rep - and a pretty good one, if I say so myself - and would like to improve his results somewhat, since no one else is going out and doing it. Lately, though, my heart just hasn't been in it.
Ms.Cleo prediction inc : Yoshi 1st and 2nd place finish at next Cutthroat / EFL event.

Sup Bishes? Sup?

Halfro

Smash Rookie
Yo yo!

So the new colorado forum is up. Come check it out (read: sign up :D). There is a smash section that i have added and I would like for you guys to come fill it out.

Site: www.extrafresh.net
Click on the forum button or check out the blog. :D

Rob: What up buddy, where you been?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
We should actually populate the EFL boards some. They have a good bit of promise. Steve, wanna collab on a Yoshi guide? As in, you put it together, and Tim and I go over it once for accuracy/grammar's sake? I'll put together a Sonic/maaaaaybe Jiggz one. Also, anyone know of any good intro guides to Brawl? The old SSBM ones have too much Melee tactics/mindset.

Tournament is on Sunday, guys. I'm gonna ask Tim aboot hosting it. Same for the get-together today. =D

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
We should actually populate the EFL boards some. They have a good bit of promise. Steve, wanna collab on a Yoshi guide? As in, you put it together, and Tim and I go over it once for accuracy/grammar's sake?
I could get in on this, as well.

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
So many boards, I already try to get to Smashboards, Dustloop, Fusion, AiB, NVGA, and now the EFL

Ill see what I can do about a Yoshi / Pika guide, though I think Flux is a better pika player, i just know stupid tricks.

GanondorfMan33

Smash Cadet
Blahhhh Pika guide. Man I am just good at Brawl, I'm not a huge authority on Pika himself, just the matchups. My pika is still a babeh :(

I am excited for this Sunday thing. My wifi has been broken for a week now so I haven't been able to playyy argh.

IF YOU CAN COME SUNDAY BE THERE! I hate it when we have small tournies. The more the merrier!

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
Party like a ninja on banana drugs.

*Edit*

So, apparently the awesomeness is a maybe? And is everyone still cool with chilling?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I need directions to this tourney. Also, what about fees?
Yeah, pretty much this.

I've said like six times that I don't really want to do any tournaments in the near future, but I want to do my part to support the community, so if it's not too expensive, I can do it.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Wow everyone thinking they are good at brawl
Ferdi lets make a sheik guide
Or better yet
Lets make a "how to be good with everyone ever like ferdi and Nite$" =D

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
There's a reason I didn't ask for your help with a Pika guide, Steve. We do what we know we can. Tim/Nite/and I would be there to correct any misconceptions you still have for the guide. :D

Orion, no offense, but due to the lack of competitive playing you aren't really aware of/seen as a source for Yoshi's metagame.

We could compile a list of habits to look for. That might help people that just don't understand "mindgames" and whatnot. Plus, if we move to the EFL boards, we can have a thread for match-up discussions/telling people their habits/etc. I 'onno.

Again, does anyone know of a good "intro to brawl" guide? Halfro needs it for the newcomers.

I dun think anyone should be making a Pika guide, though.

Also, we're discussing soft-banning a character or two. I'd rather wait until Flux/anyone starts actually winning before imposing a real ban, but if you guys agree to a soft-ban, I guess we could get all the good players to stay away from Snake/MK.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Jeebus, I have finals, and miss a crapton. Eric Crapton. http://blogsofwar.com/gallery/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/ericcrapton.jpg

Anyway, ta finally answer...yeah GameOn has consoles set up on a big screen, along with their LAN stuff, along with a buch of smaller TVs hooked up to other older systems. As long as you buy stuff or buy time for the LAN, they don't care if you play on their systems. They're incredibly laid back.

When/Where's dis turnee on Sundae?

Top Bottom