• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
So total earnings I got from today.

PSP - bonus from work
PSP - Brawl singles
20$ - Brawl doubles(first place, lol 20$)
200$ - Last paycheck for the season :(

So....yeah

Igneous42

Smash Ace
So total earnings I got from today.

PSP - bonus from work
PSP - Brawl singles
20$ - Brawl doubles(first place, lol 20$)
200$ - Last paycheck for the season :(

So....yeah
the fact that I had to fight you in my second match was unfair :(

But Grats on the winnings.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
Victory chop! Yay Faust! Ghost in my room tickling my feet. Ice cream -Tage Proto remix-. I'm tired of these mother****in' Mexicans sleeping on Tim's mother****in' couch! Mmmmmm frickin' sushi, sooo goood. Tempura Cheesecake for top tier. I'm am sooooo tired and something is not rollin' well with my stomach/chest (probably a lack of healthy foods.)

Fun times were had, we laughed, we hoo'd, and we Up+B'd out of there. Ferdi, pictures, don't forget. I need new MySpace pictures. Mmhmm...

ZZzzzzzz

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Thanks guys to all that came out and played. Here are the results:

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Man, what a tournament. Great matches all around in all the games and first ranking points are in the book. Thanks to all the came out supported the chapter. Here were the results from the tournament:

Smash Bros. Brawl - Teams:

1st - AsaianInvasion
2nd - HandsomeTomgoestoVietnam
3rd - NiteNate
4th - SuperBestFriends
5th - Perfected
5th - TooBlackforCoreBread

Soul Calibur 4 Novice:

1st - Ingenous - Siegfried

Soul Calibur 4 - Expert:

1st - Egg - Raph, Cervantes, Siegfried
2nd - DancingFighterG - Voldo, Yunsung
3rd - Tage* Proto - Hilda
4th - Noe - Kilik
5th - JediMindTrick - X
5th - Igneous - Siegfried
6th - Yang - Kilik
6th - Ferdi - ?
7th - Nite - Taki
8th - Trane - Mitsu
8th - Izzy - Asta, Yun
9th - Magus - Sophie

Guilty Gear Accent Core:

1st - Tage* Proto - ABA
2nd - JediMindTrick - Testomine
3rd - Ferdi - Slayer
4th - Timotee - Faust
5th - Ryyudo - ?
5th - Izzy - Zappa
6th - Cliche - ?
6th - Magus - ?

Smash Bros. Brawl - Singles:

1st - Ferdi
2nd - Timotee
3rd - Nite
4th - Izzy
5th - Yang
5th - Ryyudo
6th - Playa
6th - Shoee
7th - Cliche
7th - Tage* Proto
8th - Perfection
8th - Igneous
9th - Moblin
9th - Magus
9th - Trane

In the end some of players traded in the PSP for cash and recieved $120 for it so pretty much there was $120 up for grabs for first place and then $30 for second!! Great games guys. See all of you in October for the next one!!

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DaningFighterG:

Shoutouts:

Thank guys for coming out. They liked all of you and what we do for Cutthroat so they are in full support of us and want too host another one in October. With more time to advertise we can definitly get 40+ players for the next one

Ingenous: Good job on the calibur man. We have gatherings for GG and SC every Wednesday so if you want to come over you are more than welcome. Tony and everyone else comes over and play. You could be a beast in soul calibur man. Come on over and get some training!!

Ravin

Smash Lord
Can someone kick Nite in the balls and make sure he gets ahold of me so i can finalize plans for NDK.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I can kick Albuquerque in the balls, but I can't assure you that he'll get a hold of you, or anything else for that matter, when I'm done.

Also, I was told by a little bird why DFG's tournaments cost so many monies. Because every time he says "Yo, this is Dancing Fighter G," he has to pay copyright royalties!

Y'all can thank me later. Mmhmm...

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DaningFighterG:

Shoutouts:

Thank guys for coming out. They liked all of you and what we do for Cutthroat so they are in full support of us and want too host another one in October. With more time to advertise we can definitly get 40+ players for the next one

Ingenous: Good job on the calibur man. We have gatherings for GG and SC every Wednesday so if you want to come over you are more than welcome. Tony and everyone else comes over and play. You could be a beast in soul calibur man. Come on over and get some training!!
Thanks,

I'll try to get out to some of those, sounds fun. Work and school might make it hard to come to a whole lot but I'll see if I can try to get down there sometimes. Also I don't know if you guys play online much, but if you do my PSN name is the same as my smashboards name Igneous42.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
For those of you who care, when should we start doing wings? Tuesdays are dead thanks to certain responsibilities and I know GG is thursdays, so I was thinking weekends. Also, we should probably move the location around to where Tony lives so it's more central.

Any ideas?

kyoshiro1221

Smash Rookie
Igneous did you play a kid who ither went by Tora or Church his name is Kevin and he says he took second and when is the next day were going to DFG's i have wednesday off and ill have spore then too.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Belated shoutouts:

Ferdi- sucks
Nite- sucks
Yang- SOOOOOOOOOOLar power
Tony- is 4th
Steve-smells like cabbage
Don-is pure awesomes
Jamaal- likes crepes
Nite's teammate- Nice DK, I dunno if you read this or not
Magus- good to see you, but you gotta control the johns
Igneous- nice job on soul cal
Moblin- ****, you are good. I have to apologize for assumptions about your skill from online, you're a really smart player. You really should play with us more. Definitely my favorite surprise of the tourney.

Anyone else- good times, great oldies. Kool 105!

korgoth

Smash Rookie
spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore spore
speaking of spore... anyone get that game i've been lookin foward to it wanna know if its any good

Cliche-Guevara

Smash Cadet
For those of you who care, when should we start doing wings? Tuesdays are dead thanks to certain responsibilities and I know GG is thursdays, so I was thinking weekends. Also, we should probably move the location around to where Tony lives so it's more central.

Any ideas?
Sounds like a good idea to me, ill hit you up online today if I can sometime and we can talk about it.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
speaking of spore... anyone get that game i've been lookin foward to it wanna know if its any good
The first two stages are really good and customization plays a central role in having fun, so if you don't like making awesome things from scratch not sure if you'd like it. The game basically tanks at the tribal stage though as it becomes a bad RTS. I'm not sure what happens at the space age I am still slogging through the middle ones, although I hear its good.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Ok so spore, I played it a ****ton yesterday(by that I mean I went to space stage without cheats or walkthrough in like 4 hours, not to mention my computer crashing since my graphics card overheat. Anyone know where I can get a better cooler?).

Played on normal mode.

Cell stage - Really fun, but I mean I only did it once, might get boring in later plays. I'm trying to not spoil you guys but there are MASSIVE things out to get you.

Creature stage - Somewhat fun, depends on what you are, herbivore/carnivore/omnivore. I just killed a bunch of creatures although I died like 3 times. Although you can go the diplomacy route and get a bunch of cool tribe which you can add to your pack and help attack.

Tribal stage - Editing is ****ING AMAZING. This was my favorite editing phase cause you basically get to put on armor for your creature. But as Ben says, it becomes a crappy RTS which is easy as hell at this point. Note that the game can spawn epic creatures which are like big creatures. Think Diablo 3 2nd boss in their official trailer, that big *** one.

Civilization stage - Lots of editing need to be done here, vehicles(air/sea/ground), town center, civilized creature clothing, so unless you like taking a long time to create something you'd just do what I do and use one of the pre-made maxis stuff, which some are really good. Another RTS phase but even easier, all you need is brute force. Or you can do what I didn't and establish trade routes/convert people to your religion. Harder to control compared to your basic RTS cause clicking your units(boxing a group) forces you to not click anything else before or it doesn't work, you'll see.

Space stage - The final frontier. You get to costumize your spaceship, again, this whole game is mainly costumizing. There's a ****ing massive amount of planets to trade, colonize, explore, and capture. I've gotten 3 trade routes to my planet, colonized a new planet, made an ally and an enemy in space....then my computer crashed and I stopped playing. There's a bunch to do here though.

Note, there is no saving ANYWHERE. All that gets saved are your creatures whenever you get to the editor. And I guess all the other costumizing stuff. But aside from that, no gameplay save. You have to start at a stage's beginning if you exit at any point, but you can start from any stage. Which was a massive letdown.

Overall, I give this game a 8/10. Probably biased cause I really like costumizing stuff. But the basic RTS, tribal feel, civilization advancement, there's so much happening that I just love the game for what it is, a fun game which may be replayed infinite times with infinite costumizing possibilities.

And finally:

Ferdi edit: There is apparently a save function which not only saves your creatures but your gameplay as well o_O reading this Gfaqs topic it said there's a menu button, then a save. Only 1 save file per planet though. Wish I knew about this before I speedran the **** thing. And lost all my **** =( cept for creatures cause those get autosaved everytime you enter the editor for anything.

Ferdi edit 2: When did HugS give away book awards?

http://reading.kingrat.biz/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/hyperion.jpg

korgoth

Smash Rookie
The first two stages are really good and customization plays a central role in having fun, so if you don't like making awesome things from scratch not sure if you'd like it. The game basically tanks at the tribal stage though as it becomes a bad RTS. I'm not sure what happens at the space age I am still slogging through the middle ones, although I hear its good.
cool beans and sounds pretty alright from what ferdi said. i guess ima go get it sometime. oh and did you ever move back to colorado bloshi? i've been offa the boards for a while

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I feel like self classifying :D

Tourny***
Pirate***
MMOAddict
The One Guy Who Actually Likes Video Games

and partly JRPG and RP***

Good, and surprising news. My dad is already buying a car, so... I'll have a car again! yaaay.

But now I have payments. Booooo.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
It's funny you think that I was good all along, Tim.

I really sucked until like a month ago, when my tech reading started getting better. I seriously was that bad when we played online. I got monstrously better BECAUSE of you guys pwning me all the time.

Then I went against you in the first round and Yang in losers' >.< Hope the brackets for the next one are bigger... :p

Really, though, that was a lot of fun and it was cool seeing everyone IRL. I'd love to start in on GG and some melee too.

MaguS and I also learned something this tourney:

<IF ALL ELSE FAILS>

JUNGLE JAPES

Edit: Mag is that one up on Youtube yet?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
NDK is in the weekend, so dunno about that.

And Yang's puns are getting worse, he needs some SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLitary confinement.

Top Bottom