• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I never had a problem with anything you proposed... I was even considering going to zournament if it works with my class schedule next semester.

Steam

Smash Hero
Steam you're just terribly biased.

Why should we have to join a website to get news about events that have nothing to do with that website, instead of getting them on a forum specifically for these types of events, which is was made for? And which people had no problem with until recently... because this thread is so terrible blahblah cry more.

Zajice went to pretty much every event when the scene was still active. I went to Zournament 2 as well, which was pretty much the last actual event before the scene died until Ran's revival.
if you're going to be willing to actually move yourself to an event, making a facebook shouldn't be a deal breaker.

@zajice- I personally don't use this as a GD anymore because 1. never really anything to talk about. 2. you always try to **** on me. so I just kinda talk to other people. though there's also a chat for the CO smash group on facebook that sees some use.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
if you're going to be willing to actually move yourself to an event, making a facebook shouldn't be a deal breaker.
Neither of those things have anything to do with each other.

I've gone to events before, without having a facebook. Why should I need one now?

I joined this site to find out about smash events, I shouldn't have to join another.

Steam

Smash Hero
I've gone to events before, without having a facebook. Why should I need one now?
it shouldn't be a huge trouble to join another site. and most people have found facebook to be a better hub for colorado smash because more people use facebook than smashboards. again, since we started using facebook we've seen a ton more new faces/people we usually didn't see. there are two people who frequent this thread in colorado who don't check the CO smash group. if you're in that small of a minority you'll probably just need to acommodate yourself.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
And would it be a huge trouble for the new people from facebook to join smashboards? Again ... the site that's meant for this stuff.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Facebook does smash 10 times better than swf. It's social, it's easy, and it has an always growing user base. Everything swf isn't.

Why don't you have a FB Zach? I miss you.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Ya.

That bad.

But Zaj, I just had a problem with Travis actually trying to legitimately hype up something that I made since I was too busy with the logistics behind it. It started at post #49998 or somewhere around there.

My problem with a mod negging is because I don't mind supporting and donating to this website so that it'll keep going. Before, I was going to sub again to be a premium user, but everyone here made me think otherwise. The mod's neg decided it.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think Espy was trying to be rude or discouraging there. He probably just wanted to say no to steam because he's steam. If he lived in or was visiting CO he probably would've done all he could to advertise the tournament. :dizzy:

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
The mod's neg decided it.
Tracked down that post, and yeah, that is some seriously ****ed up bull**** when a mod, a freaking MOD, tries to shut down the very activity that this site was created for, let alone talk **** about the attitudes that some other people have IN DIRECT RESPONSE TO his actions. I don't really care what Espy's motivations were, but he needs to understand that what he posts carries a great deal of gravity because he is a mod.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Even if it was meant with that Spelt, it sealed the deal that I'll be doing very little advertising here. I had little time to do advertising and generating hype because of what SPLAT/AGL was putting on.
what he posts carries a great deal of gravity because he is a mod.
Pretty much this says it all.

Despite it all though, I forgot to mention this in here. The last Gaming event we put on is the biggest in Colorado, and the biggest in Mountain Time. All my friends and coworkers in SPLAT/AGL are turning to me to rally up console players to these events now because we want to incorporate the 1% of gamers in CO instead of having an awesome LAN and a mediocre console section (ex: Intel LANFest)

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
*goes to check*

I thought mods were suppose to support tournaments.

Not negging them
That's it? That's pretty ridiculous. These posts aren't at all serious and shouldn't be taken that way. If he had been serious, he would have said a lot more than "lol no." I didn't see any actual weight behind those statements when they were first posted and I don't now.

Tracked down that post, and yeah, that is some seriously ****ed up bull**** when a mod, a freaking MOD, tries to shut down the very activity that this site was created for, let alone talk **** about the attitudes that some other people have IN DIRECT RESPONSE TO his actions
You're too quick to jump on a side. He wasn't trying to shut down anything.

And when did he at all talk ****? All he said was "no" twice. You guys are certainly pulling a lot out of one simple word being repeated twice.

The most I can gather is you mistook when he just posted "disgraceful" as being behind this, but he was talking about Steam taking the 50000th post with lucario.

but he needs to understand that what he posts carries a great deal of gravity because he is a mod.
No it doesn't. Maybe in the board he mods, but he's no different in this thread than any of us are.

1. never really anything to talk about.
How hard is it to think of something to talk about?

2. you always try to **** on me.
You know damn well I don't mean any of that stuff seriously.

Why don't you have a FB Zach? I miss you.
I miss you too Meno. :(

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
It's like the point of my post just completely flew right by your head.
Sure, I agree Steam, alienating ANYONE in your group is the best way to maintain a solid community. Sorry that it's so scathing, but that kinda attitude just ticks me right the heck off. :applejack:
Espy talking **** about the attitudes some people have in direct response to his actions. A few other posts as well. This is about more than just saying, "No," twice. But feel free to try to make yourself look better by instantly resorting to that strawman attack the second you are challenged.

FerrishTheFish

Smash Ace
Oh. So you are not ticked right the heck off by attitudes that assert that the best thing to do for a community is to alienate certain members of it. In that case ... get the **** out of this community. Don't get ticked right the heck off by this, now.

Also, time to update my dictionary, because "scathing" and "talking ****" are now totally separate and completely unrelated things that in no way share the common effect of belittling their target. Makes more sense that way.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm confused here.

Espy was using sarcasm to tell Steam that by not using this thread, he's alienating people in the community that come here and not the facebook group.

In fact, that post is the exact opposite of what Dan, and I assume you, are mad about.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ferrish, what in the world are you talking about?
All I'm reading are bold assertions and aggression based on something you've clearly failed to comprehend.

:applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@Fishy:Or, you know, you could reread everything I posted prior, and realize that you're jumping the gun harder than anyone at the Olympic games.

@detta: Everyone's cool with what you suggested, and I think it's a great idea.
I'm not so much arguing though, since there's really nothing to argue about at this point.

I'm just trying to figure out what's turned Ferrish into a puffer fish. :applejack:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Ahhhh zajjyyyy~! <3 Getting complements from you are totally sqeee worthy~! Knowing I made someone smile makes me smile. =w=

Fiiiiishy! You're reading waaaaay waaaaaaaay to into what espy was saying.

Sure, I agree Steam, alienating ANYONE in your group is the best way to maintain a solid community.
This all started over this line, right? Hes being sarcastic dude. He's not trying to alienate anyone. He was saying by keeping all of the important stuff pent up in the facebook smash page steam would be alienating all those who don't have a facebook.

If we didn't put any effort into putting tourney information here, how would new people or visitors to colorado know anythings going on here? Just post information at both places. If this isn't what your arguing about, then I am TO-TA-LY lost. Your being a little passive aggressive. Can you calm down a bit and tell us exactly why ya gotta beef with espy? =3=

We really shouldn't be arguing anyways. We have Utah royalty~! Gashi baby deserves better then this~! <3

Also detta dood. I keep thinking your bees because of that icon man. xD

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Sunnysunny is the coolest person ever, and everything he says is always law. You must now stop the arguing as Sunny has expressed than it must be so. No exceptions, your leader has spoken.

Top Bottom