• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
That gif plus that song...I'm dying XD

I work monday-thursday for the next four weeks, so any thursday-weekend days would be awesome.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thread was never good.

It wouldn't be in shambles though if everybody just... y'know... actually posted in it? If the things happening in the facebook group happened here it'd be the same result. Just here instead of there.

The random move to facebook was pretty silly in the first place.

And I guess related question. Are smashfests advertised there? Do we even have those anymore? I know of the few tournaments we have, but I can't really ever go to them anymore because of money. I know there's quick get togethers right before they happen sometimes, but damn it, I just want to get together and play games and stuff without having to spend money to do it.

Besides, I need a chance to give Tim his ****ing hat back. I still have the damn thing.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Psssh, Utah > Colorado when it comes to doing stuff. We have at least 1 or 2 smashfests a week, and over the past 5 weeks, have had a tournament every single weekend. We usually only have a tournament every other week or so on average.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't see where that came from.

Thread was never good.

It wouldn't be in shambles though if everybody just... y'know... actually posted in it? If the things happening in the facebook group happened here it'd be the same result. Just here instead of there.

The random move to facebook was pretty silly in the first place.

And I guess related question. Are smashfests advertised there? Do we even have those anymore? I know of the few tournaments we have, but I can't really ever go to them anymore because of money. I know there's quick get togethers right before they happen sometimes, but damn it, I just want to get together and play games and stuff without having to spend money to do it.

Besides, I need a chance to give Tim his ****ing hat back. I still have the damn thing.
I'm gonna make a facebook account just to join that group and make it as bad as this thread. Then people won't know what the **** to do.

Rizen

Smash Legend

Steam

Smash Hero
Zajice, everyone left because of ponies and other bull****. and we have smashfests in the springs pretty often. and there's fight nights on thursdays.

and Spelt if you bring that **** to the facebook group I'll just delete you from it. >:I

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Zajice, everyone left because of ponies and other bull****.
Truth

and we have smashfests in the springs pretty often. and there's fight nights on thursdays.
Also Truth
and Spelt if you bring that **** to the facebook group I'll just delete you from it. >:I
As well as I
There's also Trey (SOAPy) who doesn't seem to post in here. He has a monthly smash fest in Fort Collins.
Another Truth

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Kinda sucks that people are oblivious to fests and whatnot just because of something as silly as ponies or whatever.

Zajice is still at fault for not getting a Facebook though. :p :applejack:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pony **** is another thing that wouldn't really be here as much if people posted here. It might pop up here and there (like when bees provokes it, you should stop that bees) but the ratio of pony:****thatmatters would be a lot bigger.

Not to mention it's a stupid thing to abandon thread for in the first place.

I mean, pretty much all that happens in this thread is you guys *****ing about it, Steam getting ****, *****ing about the thread, some random posts from out of staters, and more *****ing.

If you want the thread to get better, make it better. And it's really easy. Just USE IT.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Hell people just get hell bent over avatars even if we post on topic. Not like it's a big obnoxious image every single post we make. At least certain threads stay to fight to pony.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
SA thread was probably much worse on pony levels. Half you guys like it there. But people still talk about other things. I see somebody advertise a get together like every other day. And you'll all get together just to have lunch or something even. That stuff doesn't happen here.

But you guys even had a pony PR despite protests from half the people in the thread, and the thread still managed to be just fine. Those against it didn't just up and leave. And you guys continue to have one of the best scenes I've ever seen.

I have more fun in that thread than I do here, and that's kinda sad.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
We also prolly have Texas' second smallest scene of the major cities. :< :applejack:
I understand the frustration though.

All it really takes is some commitment to a source or two for fest informations and meet ups. Hell, if Steam or someone else involved on Facebook where to feed this thread the details from Facebook, that alone would probably help get people together more often. At the very least, it'd get rid of one of the excuses people use to not go to tournaments or the like.

Every member of a community is important to the whole, and it sucks that some who prefer SWF over Facebook are getting the butt end because the group "moved on".

On that note, it's also kinda silly that you STILL haven't gotten a Facebook. Hell Zaj, I absolutely DESPISE Facebook, but I still use it because from time to time, it HELPS to get information for video game/anime/interest meet ups, events (like cons), and things of that sort in my general area. Granted that it eventually gets fed into our thread here on SWF, sometimes it just helps to get it from the source. It's just silly of you to be so adamant on the FB schtick.

Both sides are acting kinda funny though, so take from it what you want. Either way, a bigger level of commitment is necessary. :applejack:

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Well I check both places often, so I can repost crap from one to the other.
Lessee...
-There's not going to be a Summit tourney this month since the next two Saturdays are holidays.
-Dan's Zournament 3 is gonna be early January.

That's it for now, I think.

Steam

Smash Hero
no point in comming here, waaaaay more people check the colorado smash group. it's also just much more convenient for the spread of info. ever since the colorado smash group was made we've seen a ton more new faces as well.

pretty much everyone that matters has a facebook :I

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Me and Zajice are the only ones in colorado without facebook and the rest of the scene is fine with us not being included.

Zajice, everyone left because of ponies and other bull****. and we have smashfests in the springs pretty often. and there's fight nights on thursdays.

You would delete me if I didn't.

And lol if "that ****" refers to ponies.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maybe I'm just annoyed cause it seems like there's been a falling out between me and the people I considered friends in this community.

I was excited about being able to have smashfests and stuff in my apartment after I got it, but I've still yet to have one cause nobody would know about it if I advertised it here, lol.

Also, I completely agree that I'm an irrational idiot about facebook.

Me and Zajice are the only ones in colorado without facebook and the rest of the scene is fine with us not being included.
Everyone hates us.

And why does Steam have any power in the facebook group? :T

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
no point in comming here, waaaaay more people check the colorado smash group.
It's like the point of my post just completely flew right by your head.
Sure, I agree Steam, alienating ANYONE in your group is the best way to maintain a solid community. Sorry that it's so scathing, but that kinda attitude just ticks me right the heck off. :applejack:

Steam

Smash Hero
if they want a solid source for news about colorado smash crap, they can man up and get a facebook for it and join the group. no one is stopping them. even before the facebook group came into existence both zajice and spelt never really went to much. haven't seen spelt in forever and haven't seen zajice since zournament 2. which was either about 6 months ago or about a year ago. either way a long time ago. yeah a community needs to be inviting, but if they're too lazy to go look up information when they know where to get it, tough **** for them.

@spelt- I said that because you threatened to "make the smash group as bad as this thread". if you try that I'll just delete you. the purpose of the group is organizing/advertising smash events.

@zajice- I'm an admin of the smash group because I was like the 2nd member in it and am active in the community, and know both of the main TOs well relative to the rest of the community.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Steam you're just terribly biased.

Why should we have to join a website to get news about events that have nothing to do with that website, instead of getting them on a forum specifically for these types of events, which is was made for? And which people had no problem with until recently... because this thread is so terrible blahblah cry more.

Zajice went to pretty much every event when the scene was still active. I went to Zournament 2 as well, which was pretty much the last actual event before the scene died until Ran's revival.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Lessee...
-There's not going to be a Summit tourney this month since the next two Saturdays are holidays.
-Dan's Zournament 3 is gonna be early January.

That's it for now, I think.
I think you all missed this post. Specifically this part:

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nope, I saw it.
And thank you. :p

Now if only people could do the same.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The admin thing was a joke, Steam.

I'm not complaining about the inability to get information. I know where it is and I know how to get it. I'm complaining about the ridiculousness behind abandoning this thread completely and entirely. You're under the belief that because it's not as good for organizing events, it's useless. (Which it it IS perfectly fine for, because we've done just fine with it in the past and so has pretty much every other smash scene. But it was randomly decided for no good reason that it's just not good enough.) But back to the point...

Even with the facebook group being used for organizing smash events and such, there's no need to completely abandon this thread. The thing I liked about it was being able to talk to the people I met through this community about... what the **** ever. It doesn't have to be all smash events, I'm perfectly fine with talking about other games or random topics in here too. But everybody just up and left.

I'm saying come here to talk amongst each other like friends usually would. I'm not saying make this thread the hub for organizing events. Though if people actually used this thread, the information would still inevitably make its way here.

As for attendance, I went to plenty of things until the decline in attendance that everyone here experienced during our dead phase. Now lately it's because of schedule, location, and money issues.

And detta, your post definitely was not ignored. It's just kinda right in the middle of a debate, lol.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Kinda sucks that people are oblivious to fests and whatnot just because of something as silly as ponies or whatever.

Zajice is still at fault for not getting a Facebook though. :p :applejack:

I don't pay too much attention too pony stuff, Apple-dash. Aha.

But zajjy basically just explained everything I was about to post, just 10 times better. Why is all the important smash stuff put on facebook rather then the site dedicated to smash? This thread wouldn't be as bad if we just talked about smash here instead of facebook. Why are people compelled to act like *******es on this site and dis/ignore whatever the poster is saying when they try and talk about smash or something interesting? I skimmed through the thread and I swear nearly every page had someone cutting off someone else with a snide "This thread/poster sucks" joke.

I know you guys arn't this cynical. We should totally make an effort to upgrade the qaulity of this thread by atleast trying to have intelligent conversation here. Or ya know. Just talk about games. Im seriously perplexed why none of ya'll are talking about the knew persona fighter coming out. As a huge blazblue and persona geek this is like a the coolest crossover I can ever wish for!

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I stopped posting **** here because everything I try to post immediately gets shot down.

Even more discouraging when even a mod shoots it down.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Or ya know. Just talk about games.
Games.
Let's see.
-Started playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones since I got it from the 3DS Ambassador thing. Never played a Fire Emblem game before and I seriously regret that fact.
-Won a Brawl Wifi tournament yesterday as Jigglypuff. The theme was SSB64 characters only.
Uh. Other stuff..?

Not on the topic of games, I'm extremely neutral to anything pony-related. I know a lot of bronies (unfortunately my best friend is something of a brony), but am not one myself. I find a lot of the memes to be funny (the first couple times), but overuse kinda kills them for me. Save for the "20% Cooler" meme. That'll never get old. Probably because it's 20% cooler than the other memes.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Stop *****ing between yourselves and use the forum that was DESIGNED AND BUILT FOR SMASH to do things involving Smash.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sunny's happyhappyposts still make me smile.

Games.
Let's see.
-Started playing Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones since I got it from the 3DS Ambassador thing. Never played a Fire Emblem game before and I seriously regret that fact.
-Won a Brawl Wifi tournament yesterday as Jigglypuff. The theme was SSB64 characters only.
Uh. Other stuff..?

Not on the topic of games, I'm extremely neutral to anything pony-related. I know a lot of bronies (unfortunately my best friend is something of a brony), but am not one myself. I find a lot of the memes to be funny (the first couple times), but overuse kinda kills them for me. Save for the "20% Cooler" meme. That'll never get old. Probably because it's 20% cooler than the other memes.
That's funny cause 20% cooler has gotten pretty damn old for me and I LIKE ponies.

I've been playing OoT 3DS cause it came with the the zelda themed 3DS I got on black friday. I was playing the mirrored master quest on it and got into the mindset "everything is backwards" and when I stopped playing I kept expecting everything in real life to also be backwards.

Been trying to play skyward sword using a USB loader because my wii can't read discs but I can't get it to work.

I stopped posting **** here because everything I try to post immediately gets shot down.

Even more discouraging when even a mod shoots it down.
Being a mod doesn't make their opinions any more or any less important than somebody else's.

I don't really get what you mean though. Example?

Stop *****ing between yourselves and use the forum that was DESIGNED AND BUILT FOR SMASH to do things involving Smash.
How did you get here Z'z?

Top Bottom